Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:09:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | 100% POS | Assets | Names | Voting | Open Source  (Read 113723 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
chalkboard17

Activity: 484
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 03:00:21 AM

That is what you want to see.  Did the client app launch?

Now I see this, the app launch, but red button saying no connections. :

INFO: Peers retrieved from database : 0
dec 12, 2014 3:46:30 AM b.f aV
INFO: Peers retrieved after settings : 0
dec 12, 2014 3:47:30 AM b.f aV
dec 12, 2014 3:48:30 AM b.f aV

Qora said this: You don't have a settings file with known peers or it can't access the settings.

What to do??  Huh
Reboot your computer, save your seed (not your wallet folder), delete qora folder completely, download it again, unzip, run. Tell us what happens this time.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 03:12:39 AM

Qora said this: You don't have a settings file with known peers or it can't access the settings.

What to do??  Huh
Reboot your computer, save your seed (not your wallet folder), delete qora folder completely, download it again, unzip, run. Tell us what happens this time.

already did that 5 times, each time same..
scor2k
Legendary

Activity: 1005
Merit: 1002

work hard, die young (c)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 05:39:20 AM

We want to introduce you to our service ( nxtex.net  ) of direct exchange NXT to another currencies. We work since April 2014. Our service provides an opportunity to buy or sell NXTs for RUR, USD, FIMK, NHZ, Qora, but also for any other currencies you may have an interest to trade in. Our service is an intermediary between buyers and sellers of NXT (like localbitcoin). To make an exchange, you need to generate a valid NXT-token for the website nxtex.net.

Yesterday was first order with Qora: show

Let's try to trade!

Qora: QR3vGneuFk7ewma9GQdnb2sp6uqN9YmnZ8
GameKyuubi

Activity: 253
Merit: 1413

DTCxNMC

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 06:32:53 AM

Guys, hold your coins in your own wallets, something's up.  Don't trust Poloniex OR BTER.

BTC: 15SLrNo6PKVfsH5JLtatJcVkSQXCk1LXyq
full stack Node
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 07:10:05 AM

We want to introduce you to our service ( nxtex.net  ) of direct exchange NXT to another currencies. We work since April 2014. Our service provides an opportunity to buy or sell NXTs for RUR, USD, FIMK, NHZ, Qora, but also for any other currencies you may have an interest to trade in. Our service is an intermediary between buyers and sellers of NXT (like localbitcoin). To make an exchange, you need to generate a valid NXT-token for the website nxtex.net.

Yesterday was first order with Qora: show

Let's try to trade!

Qora: QR3vGneuFk7ewma9GQdnb2sp6uqN9YmnZ8

It's working well, I've tested it!

Don't forget to create a Nxt token with the string "nxtex.net" and store it somewhere, because you need it for login and creating orders!

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 10:34:29 AM

Guys, hold your coins in your own wallets, something's up.  Don't trust Poloniex OR BTER.

Ive sent traded and withdrawn on BTER in the last hour, zero problems. You scaremongering?

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 11:26:45 AM

Guys, hold your coins in your own wallets, something's up.  Don't trust Poloniex OR BTER.

Ive sent traded and withdrawn on BTER in the last hour, zero problems. You scaremongering?

I had withdrawn qora from bter a week ago. I didnt check it but it was not sent. When i asked what was going on they cancelled the withdrawal. I just tried withdrawing today and got it within 5 mins. So maybe they did have a issue but seems to be resolved.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 11:33:53 AM

What to do??  Huh

Do you have settings.json in your folder?

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 11:35:14 AM

Escrow for bounty funds.

QWjBxHq3YU6wuhAaGYK3wrpBHPnFA37RWo

QYgd4RT9aQV8Z22bsr6Qweqz89kfrYYxKn

QWV5pQg3PcDuL6cMFmRq1tscShYn5S1qwp

QjQoHqEGw6JnogRD89JcpFvMvbt6EM2S11

QdwwFK1AVx7nquGTqKe5zz9A8PHWfdK72q

QjhfU8juWUMo5gemNASanMtpGeVGHaKqKi

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..

fulcare

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 02:29:38 PM

Hey people stop dumping at 20 or we will stay in this range forever. This coin should be at 50 sats just as first base.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 02:34:21 PM

Let the dumpers, dump.  I was about to tell "Mr. Whale" that the surge from the release of the source is subsiding.

He's gatheres near 40m @ 20 sats.  I think he could move his wall to 18 and pick up more.

These people would dump, regardless, because they were looking to profit from the way.  However, it looks like a smarter-than-average whale is buyin in by continuously postin mini-buy walls.

If dumpers want to dump, I say don't give them more than you have to, and let the price ease as far south as 14-15 sats.  That is still far better than a month ago.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
fulcare

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 02:37:40 PM

Let the dumpers, dump.  I was about to tell "Mr. Whale" that the surge from the release of the source is subsiding.

He's gatheres near 40m @ 20 sats.  I think he could move his wall to 18 and pick up more.

These people would dump, regardless, because they were looking to profit from the way.  However, it looks like a smarter-than-average whale is buyin in by continuously postin mini-buy walls.

If dumpers want to dump, I say don't give them more than you have to, and let the price ease as far south as 14-15 sats.  That is still far better than a month ago.

Its just I feel bad that the price is now 1/25th of NXT. A coin which I believe deserves to be of similar price. Controversial but in terms of tech its on a par at least.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 02:53:46 PM

IMHO, price can and should continue to trend up, so long as development takes place.  This is what I hope.

However, every bit of really positive news always tends to facilitate a mini-pump and all pumps eventually deflate at least a little.  We reached 25 sats really fast and, more importantly, we've kept excellent volume.  For those of us who are interested in Qora, but also know how to profit from market movement, I say let it contract some so that we can push to newer heights when AT is released.

If we can hover around 15, I hope/speculate that an AT release could break through the current sell tension and push us up to around 30 sats.  AT is great but it's a hard concept to grasp.  If AT can get a killer implemention that shows what it's good for, I think we could really see Qora climb to unknown territory in price.

In the mean time, play smart and profit so you can increase your stake.  My tiered sell-offs And buy backs have helped me increase my holdings by about 10%.  Growth in price is good, but don't see the dip in price as a bad thing because the dips are where you can make your profits.  Just don't get to emotional.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
NOjust

Activity: 318

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 03:54:18 PM

Let the dumpers, dump.  I was about to tell "Mr. Whale" that the surge from the release of the source is subsiding.

He's gatheres near 40m @ 20 sats.  I think he could move his wall to 18 and pick up more.

These people would dump, regardless, because they were looking to profit from the way.  However, it looks like a smarter-than-average whale is buyin in by continuously postin mini-buy walls.

If dumpers want to dump, I say don't give them more than you have to, and let the price ease as far south as 14-15 sats.  That is still far better than a month ago.
agreed, the lower price we can get is better for us ,
we will hold on and buy more, 100 sat is the small goal.

Brangdon

Activity: 365
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 04:29:44 PM

If we can hover around 15, I hope/speculate that an AT release could break through the current sell tension and push us up to around 30 sats.
I'm dubious, partly because past experience suggests that features are not what raises the price, and partly because the AT won't be a unique feature anyway.

Bitcoin: 1BrangfWu2YGJ8W6xNM7u66K4YNj2mie3t Nxt: NXT-XZQ9-GRW7-7STD-ES4DB
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 05:45:55 PM

If we can hover around 15, I hope/speculate that an AT release could break through the current sell tension and push us up to around 30 sats.
I'm dubious, partly because past experience suggests that features are not what raises the price, and partly because the AT won't be a unique feature anyway.

I think what will drive Qora's price is its longevity and what people build ontop of it. AT is just building the groundwork so people see Qora as a great platform to build on. We haven't even got a nice UI which for some is very important.
sniveling

Activity: 719

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 05:54:25 PM

+1

To gain popularity Qora needs a decent UI and an experience that works out of the box. If newcomers have problems and have to regenerate from a seed it will put some of them off. Also, the visual look of the wallet will put other newcomers off.
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 07:01:41 PM

agreed, the lower price we can get is better for us ,
we will hold on and buy more, 100 sat is the small goal.

Qora can go as high as 500 satoshi, top 3 in market cap. For many reasons.

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 07:08:39 PM

Hi! I'm curious because I am not tech enough myself to determine.. Did someone do a review of the Qora source?
sniveling

Activity: 719

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 07:25:54 PM

Hi! I'm curious because I am not tech enough myself to determine.. Did someone do a review of the Qora source?

Yes rlh has. He's almost certain Qora is not a Nxt clone. His review is quoted below.

Ok, here are some quick notes on Qora v. Nxt (I've looked at both sets of code a little while this evening.)

Initial Impressions

I can not rule out, beyond certainty, that this wasn't cloned but I can easily verify that if this started from a Nxt fork, a TON of work has been put in modifying the code.  Qora is organized completely differently than Nxt.  From the application entry point, all initialization methods execute completely differently.  If Qora took Nxt, he heavily modified it beyond recognition.

Personally, I've suspected that this wasn't a clone and I've never seen any reason not to trust Qora's claims.  So far, this seems to be likely true-- this is not a fork and is "new source".

Cryptography Analysis

Nxt uses SHA-256 to hash passphrases and then Curve25519 and SHA-256 again to create public/private key.  It signs it's data using, EC-KCDSA.

Qora is a bit of a different beast.  I'm still digging into this section of code but if my quick-scan of DB, Crypto and Account files has produced an accurate understanding, your wallet seed is a random value, stored to a secure DB. Each time a new account is generated, a nonce is appended to the the seed, and a new address is calculated and stored in the DB.

Specifically, an address account is generated by taking the Nonce+seed+Nonce value and double-SHA-256 hashing it to produce a unique account seed.

Next, a Key pair is generated using Ed25519 key pair creation, from the account seed.  To be clear, Ed25519 is slightly different than Curve25519 (which is what Nxt uses.)  After the Pub/Privkey pair is generated,the application takes the RIPEMD160 of the SHA-256 hash of the pub-key.  NExt, Qora prepends a version byte to this hash and then double, SHA-256 hashes the byte array and finally appends the first four bytes of the new hash, to the former.  These last four bytes are used as an account checksum and are used for account ID validation.

This process of a account generation is significantly different than Nxt.  Obviously, Qora makes use of a wallet, where Nxt does not.  Still, the process of creating a payment address is far more robust than Nxt.  In fact, this process is almost-exactly how BTC addresses are created, rather than Nxt.  The only variation is that the version byte is likely different (which results in the "Q" at the beginning of the address) and Ed25519 keys are used by Qora where ECDSA keys are used by BTC and it's clones.

Forging

First, let me go ahead and say that forging is something that I've never looked into deeply. I  understand the very high-level nature of it and I very much understand the big differences between traditional "1.0" coins and these new PoS "2.0" coins.  My notes on forging will, therefore, be very basic sense I know so little about the nuts-and-bolts.  Regardless, here are my observations.

The code is significantly organized in a different manner.  At first glance, I think Nxt and Qora us a completely different approach to come up with similar results.  Again, Qora is more succinct than Nxt.  I'll have to take a while longer to dig into this but since I can't seem to figure out how to build and debug java code through eclipse (Tongue yeah, pretty basic stuff, I know...) I can't run the code and step through this portion to clarify what's going on.  All I can verify is that Nxt vs. Qora looks completely different.  Also, Qora makes use of the global "Generating Balance" to determine the block Target.  From my scan of the Nxt code, no such value is used.  I think there is a bit more randomness to Nxt than their might be of Qora, but I won't stand by that.  Qora basically looks at the time since the last block, the forgers personal balance and the total balance of forging accounts.  It then uses a fairly straight forward process to test if a block has been forged.

I haven't been able to figure out what Nxt does.  This isn't because of poor Nxt coding.  It's because I don't have the time to look into it.  If a Nxt guru is around, please comment.

Final Thoughts

My vote is, no, this is not a clone.  If Qora was inspired by Nxt, I would make the guess that he read up a lot on it, possibly read through the source and thought "I can do that" and gave it a go at writing his own application.  Qora uses mostly different libraries and is structured significantly different.  

I also assume that Qora is a professional day-time coder, who works with a team of devs at a software firm or possibly large company.  Nxt feels like good, solid code, but it doesn't adhere to strict practices that big-team developers tend to follow since they are use to having to organize and share  code with co-workers.  I know that open source projects are often shared across devs, but having worked in both environments I can attest that "good" developers, in both areas of software engineering tend to have different coding approaches and styles because requirements differ.  Qora feels like it's written by an experienced, professional business coder, while Nxt feels like a large, open source project.

One piece of software isn't necessarily better than the other but they look VERY different.  This adds to strong evidence supporting that this is almost certainly NOT a clone.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: