Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 12:53:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Kryptohash | Brand new PoW algo | 320bit hash | ed25519 | PID algo for dif  (Read 149396 times)
wr104 (OP)

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 02:32:18 PM

Just a quick update about the Android Wallet.

I'm getting closer to have a public BETA version.  I'm able to send/receive KHCs in the TestNet but, there are still few bugs that I need to take care of before I can make it available.
Undead_Phenix

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 03:18:49 PM

I'm getting closer to have a public BETA version.  I'm able to send/receive KHCs in the TestNet but, there are still few bugs that I need to take care of before I can make it available.

Is that android wallet a brand new one?

wr104 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 03:35:00 PM

I'm getting closer to have a public BETA version.  I'm able to send/receive KHCs in the TestNet but, there are still few bugs that I need to take care of before I can make it available.

It is based on the BTC Wallet for Android by Bitfynd (https://github.com/bitfynd/bitfynd-wallet-android) which is nothing but a fork of the Andreas Schildbach official Android Wallet for Bitcoin.  

The reason I used this fork was that Bitfynd transformed the project from Eclipse IDE format to Android Studio IDE format. And I like Android Studio better.

WORE

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 06:34:13 AM

I'm getting closer to have a public BETA version.  I'm able to send/receive KHCs in the TestNet but, there are still few bugs that I need to take care of before I can make it available.

It is based on the BTC Wallet for Android by Bitfynd (https://github.com/bitfynd/bitfynd-wallet-android) which is nothing but a fork of the Andreas Schildbach official Android Wallet for Bitcoin.  

The reason I used this fork was that Bitfynd transformed the project from Eclipse IDE format to Android Studio IDE format. And I like Android Studio better.

Speaking of forks, I was mining for a while within the last month and had over 10K coins just vaporize.  Now I beat my cards pretty hard to get that, is this a fork that was recently discovered by the current build of BTC wallet?  I do know that this has that built into it to self correct.  Some insight or maybe an explanation would be the shit!  Any ideas?  </kindofdigruntled>
wr104 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 01:39:01 PM

Speaking of forks, I was mining for a while within the last month and had over 10K coins just vaporize.  Now I beat my cards pretty hard to get that, is this a fork that was recently discovered by the current build of BTC wallet?  I do know that this has that built into it to self correct.  Some insight or maybe an explanation would be the shit!  Any ideas?  </kindofdigruntled>

I see no evidence of a fork in the logs I'm looking right now.  I'll check more logs once I get home from work.

How many Wallets are missing coins? Have you looked at the logs yet?  Is there a block number that you suspect a fork happened?

The evidence of a fork in the network is a long list of Orphan Blocks when the Wallet isn't downloading the blockchain (it is normal to see Orphan blocks when the Wallet is catching up with the network).  
WORE

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 06:57:47 PM

Speaking of forks, I was mining for a while within the last month and had over 10K coins just vaporize.  Now I beat my cards pretty hard to get that, is this a fork that was recently discovered by the current build of BTC wallet?  I do know that this has that built into it to self correct.  Some insight or maybe an explanation would be the shit!  Any ideas?  </kindofdigruntled>

I see no evidence of a fork in the logs I'm looking right now.  I'll check more logs once I get home from work.

How many Wallets are missing coins? Have you looked at the logs yet?  Is there a block number that you suspect a fork happened?

The evidence of a fork in the network is a long list of Orphan Blocks when the Wallet isn't downloading the blockchain (it is normal to see Orphan blocks when the Wallet is catching up with the network).  

I deleted logs and local copy of the database trying to get them back a couple times, even tried earlier versions of my wallet.dat file, never came back so not really sure what happened.
wand_reader

Activity: 64

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 04:47:03 PM

We really need a big exchange right now. Cheesy

BoscoMurray

Activity: 450

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:01:54 PM

Indeed. Once the Android wallet is done it would be good to get some PR (not me, I'm no adman).
Trouble821

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:27:29 PM

I deleted logs and local copy of the database trying to get them back a couple times, even tried earlier versions of my wallet.dat file, never came back so not really sure what happened.

Have you tried reindexing?
E9800

Activity: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:34:12 PM

Indeed. Once the Android wallet is done it would be good to get some PR (not me, I'm no adman).
Before a wallet is released KHC needs a good block explorer. No big exchange will even look at KHC without an explorer.
fred930

Activity: 65

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:37:38 PM

Before a wallet is released KHC needs a good block explorer. No big exchange will even look at KHC without an explorer.

Bittrex had a scam coin that ripped people off. They added it without a working block explorer and failed to spot an instamine or a premine. I doubt they will list another coin without a block explorer after being tricked once already.
E9800

Activity: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 12:40:22 AM

FOR SALE. 455988 KHC on EmpoEX.
WORE

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 04:02:30 AM

Have you tried reindexing?

I got them back, I think there was an error on my NTFS volume, also I had tried to d/l the blockchain in the middle of the night, not many connections to it and I didn't verify that I got the entire blockchain.
wr104 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2015, 12:53:39 AM

For those of you who are interested in BETA testing the Android Wallet, here is the link from where you can download the apk file: http://www.kryptohash.org/files

Please don't send too many coins to this wallet yet as there are still few issues that I need to resolve.  If you run into a crash, please send the report.  I only need the wallet.log file and a brief description or, the steps that led to the crash.

Thanks
wr104

berbip

Activity: 143

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 02:09:28 PM

Looks like nonce pool is closing at the end of the week
any chance for p2pool software for KHC ?
We need more pools and more interest.
Cannot complain about the easy mining tough Wink
wr104 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 12:13:57 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2015, 11:38:48 AM by wr104

Few weeks ago, I was informed that nonce-pool would get out of the pool business altogether by the end of this month.

It is sad to lose the pool but, honestly with the current low difficulty, Solo mining is the way to go.

Perhaps, in the near future once KHC gets more popular and the difficulty jumps to a level where Solo mining isn't possible anymore, we would see new pools coming online.

Nonce Pool did an amazing job coding the Python interfaces that allows pool software like p2pool to work with KHC.  

Here are their repositories.
https://github.com/noncepool/kshake320-hash-python
https://github.com/noncepool/kryptohash-stratum

Undead_Phenix

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 02:34:05 PM

Few weeks ago, I was informed that nonce-pool would get out of the pool business altogether by the end of this month.

It is sad to lose the pool but, honestly with the current low difficulty, Solo mining is the way to go.

Perhaps, in the near future once KHC gets more popular and the difficulty jumps to a level where Solo mining isn't possible anymore, we would see new pools coming online.

Nonce Pool did an amazing job coding the Python interfaces that allows pool software like p2pool to work with KHC.  

Here are their repositories.
https://github.com/noncepool/kshake320-hash-python
https://github.com/noncepool/kryptohash-stratum

If KHC get listed on bittrex or cryptsy and get a good price,you don't need to worry about pools.

Riseman

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:20:51 PM

This makes sense. Pools take their profit in mined coins and now you literally can't sell any KHC anywhere.
wr104 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 01:57:15 AM

All,

Thanks for sending Android crash dumps. I've fixed a couple of bugs and I've uploaded a new apk file to: http://www.kryptohash.org/files

Also, if you want to look at the Android Wallet source code, here is the repository: https://github.com/kryptohash/kryptohash-android

cvaky

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 04:38:55 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2015, 05:21:14 PM by cvaky

I have tested android wallet.
Working pretty cool , I like it. I have sent some errors to your email and latest version is better.
Good job. Keep doing it.
Succesfully sent 50KHC from Android wallet to empoex for testing.

Let's make same trade on bter and then Vote for KHC. I have done some votes today.
https://bter.com/voting#KHC
We need increase day volume on https://empoex.com/trade/KHC-BTC and maybe others exchanges will be more interest for KHC.
Only 20 000 blocks to another block reward.
After that we need to boost KHC !

All,

Thanks for sending Android crash dumps. I've fixed a couple of bugs and I've uploaded a new apk file to: http://www.kryptohash.org/files

Also, if you want to look at the Android Wallet source code, here is the repository: https://github.com/kryptohash/kryptohash-android

Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: