Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:59:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Weed / Realpolitik / Crypto / Civil Asset Forefeiture and Any Other Chosen Topic  (Read 18919 times)
Jelks

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 01:56:41 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2014, 02:06:50 AM by Jelks

Yeah I see UNO that way too. I got into UNO because of daytrading BTC, UNO is the stable 'element' I daytrade againt. I really do think it has a rightful place in the crypto universe.

NLG has a different target: it must be a coin for daily use. The team is working really hard on that. Check the timeline of the achievements so far: https://timeline.guldencoin.com/

I agree with BitcoinCharlie, that's quite an impressive timeline!

So is NLG in essence a "national cryptocurrency", for use mostly (or only?) in Holland?

Interesting the part about the Guilder (in Dutch it seems it's "Gulden", sounds like it's etymologically related to, um, Gold Smiley that had been in use since something like 1252 -- until the Euro decided to assimilate it (and everything else it could in Europe).   So you guys are bringing the Guilder/Gulden back in crypto form -- I love it!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jelks

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 01:57:25 AM

I got into UNO because of daytrading BTC, UNO is the stable 'element' I daytrade againt. I really do think it has a rightful place in the crypto universe.

Lol now THAT is interesting to me! So without divulging too many of your trade secrets, how does that work? You play the swings on btc and wind up buying uno for longer periods of holding? I suck at trading, i am not looking to judge or criticize what and how you do it, just looking to gather as much info as i can from "real" people. Trying to learn!

Yeah, I'm interested to learn as well...

Me three...
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 04:35:18 PM

Yeah I see UNO that way too. I got into UNO because of daytrading BTC, UNO is the stable 'element' I daytrade againt. I really do think it has a rightful place in the crypto universe.

NLG has a different target: it must be a coin for daily use. The team is working really hard on that. Check the timeline of the achievements so far: https://timeline.guldencoin.com/

So is NLG in essence a "national cryptocurrency", for use mostly (or only?) in Holland?

Interesting the part about the Guilder (in Dutch it seems it's "Gulden", sounds like it's etymologically related to, um, Gold Smiley that had been in use since something like 1252 -- until the Euro decided to assimilate it (and everything else it could in Europe).   So you guys are bringing the Guilder/Gulden back in crypto form -- I love it!

Thanks! And yeah, exactly! We are trying to bring the Guilder back. Many people are still nostalgic for the guilder, it was replaced by the Euro obviously. Trying to get it accepted as a regular way of paying for stuff.

And about trading, I'm no big time trader. We are talking a couple of satoshi's of profit here, it's more for fun. I just try and make use of the volatility of BTC, it was bouncing up and down 10% a day sometimes, with UNO lagging behind. Last couple of weeks have been much quieter tho, so not much trading to be done. I think it's better for the ecosystem if the price is relatively stable tho, so I'm quite alright with that. Also, I can only trade when I have time, with two jobs that's not often.

=P
Jelks

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 05:42:59 AM

Check out http://cointelegraph.com/news/113059/california-becomes-second-state-to-try-regulate-bitcoin.

It's really about "Bitcoin regulation", but the last half of the article really hits it.

Bottom line, pot is legal in Colorado, but not according to "federal" regulations.  Therefore, banks don't allow any dealings with the businesses that have anything to do with pot.  Therefore, crypto is coming into play.

That regulators are focusing on "Bitcoin" means they are missing the point.  Let's say they outlaw Bitcoin, what are they going to do then -- outlaw every cryptocurrency that pops up into existence?  And should they do, do they think we'll really care?  And what, do they really think they can really do anything about it?

Pot has been illegal in the US for many, many decades before I was born (and I'm old).  Did that stop pot?  Actually, I think illegalization made pot way more glamorous.

"Law" should be made for mankind, not mankind for "the law".  Ahh, but there's "democracy" for ya...

PS.   We have PPcoin (Peercoin).  Should we not also have a PoW DoodooCoin?  At least, it might ensure the survival of the feces.  And bring about the true New World Odor.
Jelks

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 05:46:21 AM

Thanks! And yeah, exactly! We are trying to bring the Guilder back. Many people are still nostalgic for the guilder, it was replaced by the Euro obviously. Trying to get it accepted as a regular way of paying for stuff.

And about trading, I'm no big time trader. We are talking a couple of satoshi's of profit here, it's more for fun. I just try and make use of the volatility of BTC, it was bouncing up and down 10% a day sometimes, with UNO lagging behind. Last couple of weeks have been much quieter tho, so not much trading to be done. I think it's better for the ecosystem if the price is relatively stable tho, so I'm quite alright with that. Also, I can only trade when I have time, with two jobs that's not often.

Julian, I'm very interested in how you trade UNO vs BTC.
BitcoinCharlie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 10:06:33 PM

Thought I'd pass along this great article about a true reserve currency...

http://mises.org/library/what-reserve-currency-should-look

A great read for those interested in that sort of thing...

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 01:25:01 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2014, 03:11:38 PM by BitMos

As the waswas is going full retards, I wanted to take the opportunity to add this post... It's hard to be confronted to people supporting slavery in it's day and age... However nothing that death can't solve. It's simply a question of values. There are what can be considered as common to mankind, and what is against it.  

bold are my comments.

http://www.memrijttm.org/islamic-state-isis-releases-pamphlet-on-female-slaves.html.

"Question 1: What is al-sabi?

"Al-Sabi is a woman from among ahl al-harb [the people of war] who has been captured by Muslims.

even if they can nominate the concept of the people of war, they may sadly still widely underestimate the true meaning of this Creed.

Question 2 and 3 are so stupid I move on... they understand nothing about war... those understand who can.

"Question 4: Is it permissible to have intercourse with a female captive?

"It is permissible to have sexual intercourse with the female captive. Allah the almighty said: '[Successful are the believers] who guard their chastity, except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, for then they are free from blame [Koran 23:5-6]'..."

It's where it's get interesting, because simply put denying any part of all, signifies the annihilation of the All. But simpler why are the members of this organization adding those lies. First why shall they have many wives? What they fail to understand is the meaning of what their right hands possess... how many right hand do they have? one, as such one wife. It's a classical case of a inner group trying to corrupt and inflict pain on Mankind using the cover of a wider group. skiping to the end ala people of war, the salute...

"Question 27: What is the reward for freeing a slave girl?

"Allah the exalted said [in the Koran]: 'And what can make you know what is [breaking through] the difficult pass [hell]? It is the freeing of a slave.' And [the prophet Muhammad] said: 'Whoever frees a believer Allah frees every organ of his body from hellfire.'"  

So to reformulate simply those guys don't want to accept that this truth and the one of the previous passage, only exposes them for the filths they are, worthless of nothing, but r&d subjects for the People of War Armies... because let's face it those mof, are ultimately a cohesive group expanding across multiple boundaries, aiming for the enslavement of the world because of their inability to understand a text to who they have been exposed since childhood, demonstrating that those ideologies are supported by older men indicating their rooting in the societal context of the societies accepting to live among such men. However and happily to come back to a more simpler point on the rule of war of the people of war, no organization on earth has jurisdiction on the people of war but the people of war, implying that any legislation may be superseded according to the realities of the imperative of national security and it's legislative framing. Why not move to incendiary munitions, they seem to be ready to burn... and they need improvements (ecofriendly)- shuffling (and on screen  Roll Eyes). And it doesn't destroy infrastructure too much... Fighting the People of War across all Continents is a very strange idea... they surely want to die, who wouldn't want to do the same after what they did to others Human Beings? Btw sub lethal weapons too, to add insults to injuries.

they who agree with those values must burn (or what ever, but, and die).

my letters are my flag and they are truly black (as much as we can answered the AIs).

money is faster...
FallingKnife
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 01:40:37 AM

Love the idea of this thread. Added it to Uno OP as our official "Off topic" thread. Smiley

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 01:49:38 AM

i really think that the dispensories would be well served by getting into crypto. It will help alleviate the hostile banking environment perpetuated by the federal regulators.  It is very dangerous for them to carry around / have on hand that much cash.

Wouldn't that cause problems with a whole different set of regulations?
BitcoinCharlie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 02:05:59 AM

Love the idea of this thread. Added it to Uno OP as our official "Off topic" thread. Smiley
Thanks FK, I think it will be a great spot to discuss off-point, but fun topics...

BitcoinCharlie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 03:02:30 AM

i really think that the dispensories would be well served by getting into crypto. It will help alleviate the hostile banking environment perpetuated by the federal regulators.  It is very dangerous for them to carry around / have on hand that much cash.

Wouldn't that cause problems with a whole different set of regulations?
Koshgel, thanks for stopping by.

The owners of dispensories complain that the banks will not give them accounts because while weed is legal in CO and WA, weed is still illegal under federal law. The banking regulators are under pressure from the Justice Dept to penalize banks that provide accounts / loans to businesses deemed politically "undesireable." The same stunts were pulled against payday lenders and gun stores for example. As a result, they can't deposit and have to carry around huge amounts of cash.

My point was if the dispensory customers paid in crypto, it would be a lot easier for the businesses to be safe and avoid robbery.  The value is stored on the blockchain at whatever location they hide the wallet.

I'm not really sure what regulations you are referring to. As crypto evolves, more and more merchants will accept it and there will be no need to convert it to fiat. For example, in the Unobtanium forum, IMZ lives in Western Australia and his local stores accept $UNO as a medium of exchange.

The dispensories would be well served in accepting any crypto and converting it to $UNO as it is an excellent non-inflationary store of value.

I'm interested to know, though, what regulations you thought would be prohibitive.

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 07:00:06 AM

Well we bitched and moaned about being off topic ... now all the fun talk is on this thread Cheesy

The IMZ idea of getting local shops to accept $UNO is pretty good. 

If we are shopping at the small 'mom&pops" they know you, you sort of have a line of credit informally.  That's how community businesses ran.   Now if we can drop them $5 in $UNO and say it's good money and more convenient than book keeping ... PLUS hey if the value drops just return it and I'll give you $5 in paper money.

Then they try it and it can become the 'town' coin.  And merchants will start playing the market on swings.

$UNO ... better than BTC ... much better than checks or cash or credit cards.

---
Now where's all the weed talk?  The 420 coin alliance is interesting will let you know if anything big starts to take shape.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Benefactor

Merit: 504

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 02:22:03 AM

Hi, everybody, sorry if I offended anyone.  Maybe I should have kept my passion in my pants.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
.Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights.  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

BitcoinCharlie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 02:59:17 AM

@Benefactor LOL! Welcome to the crazy thread. I was completely kidding about your post in the main thread. I'm for conspiracy / off-topic anytime / anywhere!

I've had so much work to do lately that i haven't had time to post much, but there's plenty going on in the world!

Hopefully, the Feds will codify nullification of federal weed prosecutions and the world financial system won't collapse!

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 05:08:51 AM

How wise to have a crazy thread!

m
FallingKnife
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 12:06:07 PM

Bump.

I still believe in crazy talk!!  Grin

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
BitcoinCharlie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 10:41:10 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2015, 03:26:33 AM by BitcoinCharlie

Absolutely, Benefactor launched into a little side talk in the main thread about Greece leaving the Euro. What does anyone think will happen with the Euro when that happens?  To me, it looks like the first crack in the dam that will let a lot of water out...

UPDATE:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-01-04/bidless-euro-crashes-level-not-seen-march-2006

BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:16:03 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2015, 04:47:16 PM by BitcoinNational

Greece is screwed and primed for crypto.

Sales tax is above 20%
Everyone is struggling for work
and if you find some entrepreneurial business to get you going
PAY the MAN +20%

Almost as if the political powers want chaos and rage.  

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
smalltimer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:20:02 PM

launched campaign to strengthen altcoins and boycott bitcoin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=921887.0

Cool
I'm sick of it
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 05:05:13 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 01:45:44 PM by BitcoinNational

I been think what if bitcoin $1 ...
The whole world will call it sh*tcoin.

When that storm hits
I think the fair market value is  
one dollar
OR $3600 daily payment to the miners.

And it will spike up to $10 on "The BTC half is coming in 2016" anticipation.  
Maybe can smooth out again at about $4000/day paid to the miners.
($3.25 for the 2016-2020 run)

BTC Now
#1314000/new bitcoins per year
OR $361,350,000

In 2020 perhaps the Bitcoin can hold $5000/day paid to the miners.
So that's a $1,825,000/yr for ledger keeping (AI style).
x180 less than it pays to mine bitcoin now

Right now UNO pays $37.50/day to the miners.

So UNO decides to pay $5000/day to the miners.
We want equal Hash for equal pay too.

It will take a while to get there.
By that time the rewards schedule gives us 3 coins/day

$1600/kg UNO
$10/btc

UNO wins 2 ways.

A.
Fork onto the bitcoin network ... free lunch ... uno investors pay $0 for the extra hash.  But as btc crashes, uno rises.
Then uno is the driving force for that network.

B.
Stay independent, rising UNO price gets more hash, low supply high demand, rising UNO price.  Repeat.

Option B
just takes the will to pay more per TH/s than bitcoin is paying out.

(dem is doing this already)

This causes slippage from the bitcoin network.
Just like paycoin did ... miners hop on to whatever coins is earning them the most per TH/s.

Both routes = win

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄