Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 06:59:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Dogecoin has that other coins don't  (Read 1697 times)
HCLivess (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 09:38:47 AM

One of the arguments I have heard against Dogecoin is that it does not have proper developers. But it is the coin which attracted the most attention apart from Bitcoin. In an opensource world, anyone can become a DOGE developer. The bigger the community, the higher the chance for good developers.

Dogecoin is a community coin and it has the largest community of all. In my opinion, it is highly undervalued now.

If DOGE was BTC, it would now cost 0.07$ each instead of $0.0002 (350x more)
If DOGE was LTC, it would cost 0.02$ each (100x more)

El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 11:23:33 AM

Dogecoin: The Zimbabwean dollar of cryptocurrencies.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 11:36:22 AM

doge coin doesn't offer anything expect a dog picture, its made to be worthless.
dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 11:37:38 AM

Currency supply:

Dogecoin and bitcoin estimated inflation rate for the next 10 years.

2015: Bitcoin: 10.00% | Dogecoin: 5.20%
2016: Bitcoin: 9.09%   | Dogecoin: 4.94%
2017: Bitcoin: 4.17%   | Dogecoin: 4.71%
2018: Bitcoin: 4.00%   | Dogecoin: 4.50%
2019: Bitcoin: 3.85%   | Dogecoin: 4.30%
2020: Bitcoin: 3.70%   | Dogecoin: 4.13%
2021: Bitcoin: 1.79%   | Dogecoin: 3.96%
2022: Bitcoin: 1.75%   | Dogecoin: 3.81%
2023: Bitcoin: 1.72%   | Dogecoin: 3.67%
2024: Bitcoin: 1.69%   | Dogecoin: 3.54%
dataispower

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 11:38:19 AM

doge coin doesn't offer anything expect a dog picture, its made to be worthless

Dogecoin has more community support than all altcoins combined.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_effect
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 11:50:42 AM

/r/dogecoin is basically /r/dog, bunch of dog loving teens posting memes and jokes nothing more. The time of making your own coin and changing the name is over, we are shifting to real innovations like openbazaar decentralising online marketplace, storj decentralising cloud storage, gems decentralising social messaging and bitcoin which is decentralising banks. meme coins like dogecoin don't have anything helpful to offer for the true crypto bitcoin. It was popular but it's not anymore, because people don't see really a reason to use it apart from having a laugh with dog picture, you can use bitcoin for everything else
dataispower

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 12:15:40 PM

/r/dogecoin is basically /r/dog, bunch of dog loving teens posting memes and jokes nothing more. The time of making your own coin and changing the name is over, we are shifting to real innovations like openbazaar decentralising online marketplace, storj decentralising cloud storage, gems decentralising social messaging and bitcoin which is decentralising banks. meme coins like dogecoin don't have anything helpful to offer for the true crypto bitcoin. It was popular but it's not anymore, because people don't see really a reason to use it apart from having a laugh with dog picture, you can use bitcoin for everything else

Learn more about dogecoin here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=800004.0;all

Dogecoin has more community support than all altcoins combined (community includes twitter, twitch, irc, facebook, reddit, international communities and more). If you understand what network effect is, then you'll understand why dogecoin is valuable (and extremely undervalued today in my opinion).

A coin can have all the bells and whistles, but if it can't get community support behind it then the coin will fail.

The "2.0" stuff can be built on top of the dogecoin blockchain because dogecoin network is fast and secure.

We're beginning to see this with Dogeparty:

http://www.dogeparty.io/

Join Dogecoin Thunderclap campaign here

SUPPORTERS: 717 of 500 143% of goal supported
SOCIAL REACH: 863,794 People
TIME LEFT: 3 days

Ends Dec 08, 12:00 AM EST

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/17435-dogecoins-1st-birthday
HCLivess (OP)
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 12:54:15 PM

Comparing for example LiteCoin to DogeCoin seems like a clear choice for DOGE. There are more serious projects and thanks for listing them, but that does not mean that DogeCoin has no future in something similar.

Talking about the price, many people got burned with the bubble that is behind us and there will be many more bubble and people getting burned. But once the grim mood for alts is over, DogeCoin will surpass.

HCLivess (OP)
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 01:00:09 PM

Currency supply:

Well, look at the price of dollar and now look at this picture:

at least dogecoin has a dog on it

gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 01:18:13 PM

One of the arguments I have heard against Dogecoin is that it does not have proper developers.
I can't see why you'd lend that statement any credence whatsoever, it's merely an instance of the “no true Scotsman” fallacy. The criterion term “proper developers” is left undefined, rendering the claim vacuous.

By the same token, one could equally claim that no cryptocurrency has proper developers or that no cryptocurrency could ever have proper developers.

Cheers

Graham
TinEye

Activity: 639

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 01:25:22 PM

memes

Yes, others had it, but they went all out, projected it as a fun coin and easy to mine with the big block rewards, and targeted a community outside the traditonal userbase. Once they had achieved a certain amount of mass it was going to stay.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
HCLivess (OP)
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 02:52:51 PM

One of the arguments I have heard against Dogecoin is that it does not have proper developers.
I can't see why you'd lend that statement any credence whatsoever, it's merely an instance of the “no true Scotsman” fallacy. The criterion term “proper developers” is left undefined, rendering the claim vacuous.

By the same token, one could equally claim that no cryptocurrency has proper developers or that no cryptocurrency could ever have proper developers.

Cheers

Graham

oh really?  Roll Eyes
too bad I was not making a statement

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 02:53:06 PM

I really don't see why Doge gets so much hassle.......it appears to be one of the most straight and honest crypto projects, and has certainly helped to raise awareness of crytpo among a lot of people.

People diss Doge as just being for kids/students having a laugh, but in a few years time those Doge kids will be working real jobs, making real financial decisions and they will see crypto as a perfectly normal concept and be familiar with it. Good news for everyone....

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 06:44:16 PM

One of the arguments I have heard against Dogecoin is that it does not have proper developers. But it is the coin which attracted the most attention apart from Bitcoin. In an opensource world, anyone can become a DOGE developer. The bigger the community, the higher the chance for good developers.

Dogecoin is a community coin and it has the largest community of all. In my opinion, it is highly undervalued now.

If DOGE was BTC, it would now cost 0.07$ each instead of $0.0002 (350x more)
If DOGE was LTC, it would cost 0.02$ each (100x more)

Dogecoin does in fact have proper developers, ive worked with them in the past. Anyone saying otherwise is just being ignorant.

This gave me a good chuckle lol

This is a very narrow minded point of view. Dogecoin offers something that over 1k other alts do not offer, and that is a greater potential for mass adoption. I'm sorry but all of these overworked and overcomplicated coins that these devs come out with (not knocking them mind you), do not pass the grandma test. Crypto is a hard enough concept, and these "innovations" are really being made as speculation for greedy pumpers and day traders.

Basic point, Dogecoin has shown to be a great force with getting crypto noticed, and no they are not all a bunch of dog loving teens (although I do admit that they have a larger percentage of younger folks than any other coin). And even with that said, remember todays teen is tomorrows entrepreneur and business man/woman. Ohh and they also have what I believe to be a larger percentage of women users too, which is greatly needed.

Comparing for example LiteCoin to DogeCoin seems like a clear choice for DOGE. There are more serious projects and thanks for listing them, but that does not mean that DogeCoin has no future in something similar.

Talking about the price, many people got burned with the bubble that is behind us and there will be many more bubble and people getting burned. But once the grim mood for alts is over, DogeCoin will surpass.

You know if it wasn't for Litecoin, Dogecoin could potentially be floundering right now. I'm not sure if you are a dogecoin community member or not, but if you are you should be thanking the Litecoin community for helping with the AUXPoW fork. I personally invested a bit of time into getting pools and exchanges online before the fork happened and it went really smooth.

I really don't see why Doge gets so much hassle.......it appears to be one of the most straight and honest crypto projects, and has certainly helped to raise awareness of crytpo among a lot of people.

People diss Doge as just being for kids/students having a laugh, but in a few years time those Doge kids will be working real jobs, making real financial decisions and they will see crypto as a perfectly normal concept and be familiar with it. Good news for everyone....

I agree EvilDave

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 06:50:45 PM

Dogecoin offers something that over 1k other alts do not offer, and that is a greater potential for mass adoption.

Do you really believe this shit? it has no potential for no shit, mass adaption, this guy is delusional. It doesn't offer any single innovation over bitcoin, mass adoption is bitcoin and other innovative projects that really make sense to use them. I would get out of doge if i were you, we are slowly shifting from these shit clone coins with just a different name to real crypto projects who are involved with bitcoin or build on top of it, no shitty separate clone crypto thinking they are taking over the world
TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 07:05:49 PM

Dogecoin offers something that over 1k other alts do not offer, and that is a greater potential for mass adoption.

Do you really believe this shit? it has no potential for no shit, mass adaption, this guy is delusional. It doesn't offer any single innovation over bitcoin, mass adoption is bitcoin and other innovative projects that really make sense to use them. I would get out of doge if i were you, we are slowly shifting from these shit clone coins with just a different name to real crypto projects who are involved with bitcoin or build on top of it, no shitty separate clone crypto thinking they are taking over the world

Thanks for your well thought out and reasonable response. You have changed my world completely with your spot on use of colorful metaphors! Please tell me your name and address so I can set up a shrine dedicated to your wisdom in your front lawn.

Please re-read what you quoted me saying, because I guess you didn't understand. With that said, I should have added a caveat in there stating with the exception of Bitcoin and Litecoin, I figured that would have been obvious.

EDIT: And I guess I should have said greater adoption instead of mass adoption. Dogecoin is a gateway crypto, getting new people to use it. Once people are in, they start to explore other types of cryptos.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 12:20:50 AM

Currency supply:

Trust me, I usually cannot resist to bash against Bitcoin but on this toppic...

...Bitcoin at least has something to inflate! DOGE cannot inflate further, it is allready flat as Kansas!
dataispower

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 01:34:07 AM

https://bitinfocharts.com/charts.html
El Dude

Activity: 770

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 03:27:36 AM

So a coin with a endless supply is better than litecoin with a hard limit of 84million? Roll Eyes

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
dataispower

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 04:03:27 AM

So a coin with a endless supply is better than litecoin with a hard limit of 84million? Roll Eyes

Currency supply:

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print