Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:07:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we get more money to flow into altcoins?  (Read 2305 times)
cloudboy (OP)

Activity: 690
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 08:39:51 PM

Hi fellow altcoiners,

How can we get more money, preferably from fiat, to flow into altcoins in general? This scene has really devolved into a limited money supply continually shrinking and moving from one coin to the next, without much new money ever being introduced.

Are crypto 2.0 coins like Nxt the answer? Or networks of coins like the SuperNET?

G2M

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 08:48:04 PM

Hi fellow altcoiners,

How can we get more money, preferably from fiat, to flow into altcoins in general? This scene has really devolved into a limited money supply continually shrinking and moving from one coin to the next, without much new money ever being introduced.

Are crypto 2.0 coins like Nxt the answer? Or networks of coins like the SuperNET?

Most All of them are hardly ready to be sold to anyone, let alone make it to a level of actual usage.

They're clunky, misrepresented, incomplete projects that won't see any significant level of adoption for an easy 2-3 years.

There are a few that look favorable .. but honestly there's not a lot of people who are in line to eat a half raw steak right off the grill .. if anything here can even be considered that far along.

Want money to come back? Forget profits for at least 2-3 years, cheer the developers on who are working on these projects on like a good cheerleader so that they can keep up their motivation.

Get involved, test their applications, and give feedback. Maybe submit some PR's.

For the love of god, seriously consider joining a team that's currently developing a coin, before starting a new one in public.

Before there's gonna be another rush of money, there's gonna be hundreds of thousands of lines of code written, or total global catastrophe for anyone to reasonably want to use something as risky and adolescent as a cryptocurrency.

Wind picked up: F4BC1F4BC0A2A1C4

banditryandloot goin2mars kbm keyboard-mash theusualstuff

probably a few more that don't matter for much.
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 09:01:31 PM

shitcoin mass production and scammers killed the goose that layed golden eggs.  Fuck be upon them.

Supernet, NXT, NEM are probably one of the few that will make it out alive.  The rest?  Down the shitter, don't even waste your BTC.
SonofPegasus

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 09:09:44 PM

shitcoin mass production and scammers killed the goose that layed golden eggs.  Fuck be upon them.

Supernet, NXT, NEM are probably one of the few that will make it out alive.  The rest?  Down the shitter, don't even waste your BTC.

Two months ago I wouldn't have agreed, but I'm shocked at the rate of growth in the SuperNET community
G2M

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 09:10:23 PM

shitcoin mass production and scammers killed the goose that layed golden eggs.  Fuck be upon them.

Supernet, NXT, NEM are probably one of the few that will make it out alive.  The rest?  Down the shitter, don't even waste your BTC.

Disagree about 'the rest', and that any goose has laid any sort of golden egg. One coin picked up a marketcap that was approximately the size of three medium sized media companies, or a cap less than one fast food chain, or even a cap that was worth even less than 20 small to medium sized businesses. Actually, LOL at the 'golden egg' comment. The potential of this stuff has hardly even been breached.

But, admittedly, I do agree with the point you were trying to make .. reality is that any amount of money will attract scammers. Unfortunately, there was just not enough innovation that had come to completion on this round. I would expect that the prices will continue to decline for 2-3 years, all the while we're gonna have scammers move onto to more profitable schemes. Then we'll get round two. Not such a long time. I look forward to the daily spotlight going out as the spanish soap operas are cancelled one-by-one.

In the very least, I'm gonna make the bold statement that there are no less than 30 current projects that will 'make it out alive' .. in your words.

As far as 'waste your BTC', I agree. Don't even buy it in the first place.

KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 09:11:06 PM

Hi fellow altcoiners,

Destroy the ones who spread FUD, trojan software as "wallets", scammers.
Support coins which have something special. If they're backed by something, or just innovative.

And always DYOR.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
chipmadness

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 09:16:01 PM

Its honestly the people. Look at BitBay and Gaiacoin. These are two coins that are actually being developed! I am starting to hop on the nem train also.... Open your eyes people, FUD is what kills..... Scammers also....

CryptoThrone - http://cryptothrone.com - The Highest Rank in Crypto News! Visit us for the latest Bitcoin news, conference news, the newest and best alt-coins getting released, mining hardware news, mining theories, and everything else related to crypto-currency! Looking for a web developer? Let me design you a responsive, elegant, and modern site today!
tristbreak

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 09:25:30 PM

Why Supernet, NXT, NEM? Many other coins are not shitcoins and have new tech!
G2M

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 09:34:00 PM

Why Supernet, NXT, NEM? Many other coins are not shitcoins and have new tech!

Go read the threads dude.

The topic of the thread is : How can we get more money to flow into altcoins?

Not : Which coins are most likely to have money flow into them?

One person just isn't going to go over all of the details about all three of them well enough to give you a good understanding, especially when there's dedicated threads for that. It's off topic here.

sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 09:35:20 PM

The golden age of shitcoins is over. No way to put 3BTC in a shitcoin and cash out 10BTC the next day. I miss the times when nobody cares about broken wallets or missing devs and these coins got pumped with public money  Grin
If you invest now 4BTC in a coin on bittrex you push the price 50 or 100% up and everybody is dumping on you lol.

Only way to make money is to invest in serious projects. Its a game of patience now. Bigger positions are only possible on coins like XCP, NXT, Bitshares, Doge, DRK, Maidsafe and some other.

KeyserSozeMC

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 09:38:01 PM

The golden age of shitcoins is over. No way to put 3BTC in a shitcoin and cash out 10BTC the next day. I miss the times when nobody cares about broken wallets or missing devs and these coins got pumped with public money  Grin
If you invest now 4BTC in a coin on bittrex you push the price 50 or 100% up and everybody is dumping on you lol.

Only way to make money is to invest in serious projects. Its a game of patience now. Bigger positions are only possible on coins like XCP, NXT, Bitshares, Doge, DRK, Maidsafe and some other.

Someone mentioned serious projects? I'm hijacking this thread! lol
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=863676.0
^ Give it a look and let me know what you guys think Smiley

Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 09:40:32 PM

This man gets it
Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 09:43:37 PM

oh look, another unneeded coin.  YOU are the problem.  Do a crypto news site, more power to you, but yet another shitcoin?  fuck off with that shit.
KeyserSozeMC

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 10:05:38 PM

oh look, another unneeded coin.  YOU are the problem.  Do a crypto news site, more power to you, but yet another shitcoin?  fuck off with that shit.
If you read the announcement topic you'll see I'm not the average crypto kid most of people are used to see around the forum.
Coin itself has a purpose. Other people start a crowdfund. Others do IPOs for start ups.

Nice language.

Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 10:20:45 PM

oh look, another unneeded coin.  YOU are the problem.  Do a crypto news site, more power to you, but yet another shitcoin?  fuck off with that shit.
If you read the announcement topic you'll see I'm not the average crypto kid most of people are used to see around the forum.
Coin itself has a purpose. Other people start a crowdfund. Others do IPOs for start ups.

Nice language.

I have the perfect coin for you

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=520100.0
spud3861

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 10:28:36 PM

We need to stop investing in vaporware and empty promises. Working software or no ico. An interesting coin I'm in now is bytecent. Super easy to use and anyone can mine it with a cpu. Features prevent gpu, asic, botnets. A laptop has as much chance of mining as anyone else. That is the way to get mass adoption if mom and dad can mine it.

TB2YQ4-H73NTI-V3UVRT-WFAJXR-BUSECT-XE4A4L-27FY
paulsonnumismatics

Activity: 265

Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 10:44:22 PM

Hi fellow altcoiners,

Most All of them are hardly ready to be sold to anyone, let alone make it to a level of actual usage.

They're clunky, misrepresented, incomplete projects that won't see any significant level of adoption for an easy 2-3 years.

There are a few that look favorable .. but honestly there's not a lot of people who are in line to eat a half raw steak right off the grill .. if anything here can even be considered that far along.

Want money to come back? Forget profits for at least 2-3 years, cheer the developers on who are working on these projects on like a good cheerleader so that they can keep up their motivation.

Get involved, test their applications, and give feedback. Maybe submit some PR's.

For the love of god, seriously consider joining a team that's currently developing a coin, before starting a new one in public.

Before there's gonna be another rush of money, there's gonna be hundreds of thousands of lines of code written, or total global catastrophe for anyone to reasonably want to use something as risky and adolescent as a cryptocurrency.

+1 to all. See what NXT guys are doing eeeveryday, or (yeah, im hooked lol) in XMR, a non wholly recognized coin yet, Crypto Kingdom is creating value and entertainment, 50/50. More will come.

This space is for lease, apparently.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 10:56:30 PM

Hi fellow altcoiners,

Its not about the fiat  Lips sealed but that'd be lost on this crowd.

(myself no fiat in or out).
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 12:03:18 AM

Would even make sense for similar coins to join forces. Burn two into a new coin, then propelling that further.
Suggestion first seen on that weedcoin initiative (they have lots of rubble all targetting at same markets)

Then there are pegged coins, remember URO. Beeing a bad example in itself, URO pointed onto emerging markets, new frontiers and fresh money. I have doubts they been real, since some glances behind the curtain revealed a big theatre stage with lots of stage setting. Who said "spanish soap operas are cancelled one-by-one"  Roll Eyes I want to be at the last show after party  Cool
DrGrid

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 12:20:07 AM

I have the feeling that a lot of money has flown into Alts over the past two months, over 50 Alts now have a market cap of over 500k $. What makes this significant is that Bitcoin has not changed much in price over the same time frame. I actually made some good profits over the last 2 months in trading and some coins really soar in value.
I don't see why many forum members are so pessimistic and even despaired at the moment, when the overall signs are not that bad after all.

Bitrated user: DrGrid.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: