Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:41:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pics of Huge Hosting Mine Under Construction, (Dec 2015 Update: We've moved)  (Read 54114 times)
rfcdejong

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 06:08:20 PM

Is there insurance against fire? I did see pictures a mining center burned to the ground..
anx

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 08:12:09 PM

Is there insurance against fire? I did see pictures a mining center burned to the ground..

that picture is from an asian-based mining farm, where they used a lot of wood and A LOT OF SPONDOOLIES miners WITHOUT airconditioning to cool those miners down...  Sad

I'd say that this setup will be better protected against fire, because they dont use that much wood and instead use more metals and concrete
mavericklm

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:02:06 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2015, 09:43:04 PM by mavericklm

that picture is from an asian-based mining farm, where they used a lot of wood and A LOT OF SPONDOOLIES miners WITHOUT airconditioning to cool those miners down...  Sad

I'd say that this setup will be better protected against fire, because they dont use that much wood and instead use more metals and concrete

cut the crap mister!

there was no wood in there and SpondooliesTech visit that farm and confirmed that there were air cons for lowering the air temperature

is not nice to lie Wink
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:42:09 PM

If by Gen4 you mean super efficient miners that are yet to come out, it's impossible to account for everything that may happen in the future. But that said as long as they still require electricity and cooling in mass, of course they can.

I don't think miners would use the normal miners to mine specially there won't be a long term ROI, so we probably need something new in the mining technology.
has  there been something above ASIC yet ?

I am seeing multiple times the name of IBM is coming to the Bitcoin space. They are attending Bitcoin conferences, distributing Bitcoin at universities etc. I dont think a company IBM will do anything not for profit. Given their legacy dominance in hardware and more specifically mainframe (though it has nothing do with mining), I think they might be working on some better chip design. If that is true, once that chip hits the market, they'll be monopoly.

timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 10:25:36 PM

Bitcoin needs to be kept decentralized.  That is the whole point of it!  Therefore, this huge mining farm must be destroyed.

For everyone thinking of pissing away $100 by sending it in for hosting fees in the futile hope of breaking even, much less making a profit, I am starting up a special mining lottery.  It works like this.

Everyone who wants to play will send me $100 on PayPal.  At random, I will choose one person out of 10 to receive $200, 3 to receive $75, and the other 6 out of 10 don't get jack.  Those are actually better odds of doubling your money than any mining operation can give now.

PM me for PayPal details.
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 12:31:58 AM

While I won't comment on the financial sense of the hosting offer, I think it's utter nonsense to consider this "centralization" of the Bitcoin network in any way. Unless I misunderstand the offer, the hosting facility exerts zero control on what pool,  or even what coin you try and mine. The offer is for space, electricity, cooling, and Internet access. This is distinctly different than cloud mining, or any of the mega farms created by the various ASIC companies.
numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 06:29:46 AM

We're not Tier 2 because we don't have a UPS/Generator. We do have two ISPs with dual redundancy built into every aspect of the networking. Our power grid is very stable as it's hydroelectric, and power outages are very rare in our area.
Since the equipment is mostly agnostic of it's state (no memory, hardisks) an outage should only affect it as long as it takes, due to no mining during that time slice.
A network server needs recovery time to get puffed up again, somewhat different.

No raised flooring? cold air from above? 

Do vents all line the exterior walls?  Just judging from the garage door, is the cold air entering from ~15-20 ft.?

are you doing hot aisle/cold aisle?
In an ideal setup just the temperature differences should be enough to drive the airflow. Not even vents needed, and their power costs (low, mostly investment)

SargeR33

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 06:47:50 AM

Not sure if this came up in previous replies but have you guys considered Solar? Sure it won't pay bills but it can definitely offset in the long run. If you ever decided to abandon ship and sell the site, its a good investment. Even if not sell the site, use it for smaller purposes, you could probably fit a massive system on the roof there.

Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 10:46:50 AM

Not sure if this came up in previous replies but have you guys considered Solar? Sure it won't pay bills but it can definitely offset in the long run. If you ever decided to abandon ship and sell the site, its a good investment. Even if not sell the site, use it for smaller purposes, you could probably fit a massive system on the roof there.

Washington State, don't think Solar the best investment you can make up there: https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=insolation+washington+state&biw=1366&bih=683&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=oD3XVJ2eMtXe8AWVvoL4AQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&dpr=1

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
anx

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 12:30:53 PM

that picture is from an asian-based mining farm, where they used a lot of wood and A LOT OF SPONDOOLIES miners WITHOUT airconditioning to cool those miners down...  Sad

cut the crap mister!

there was no wood in there and SpondooliesTech visit that farm and confirmed that there were air cons for lowering the air temperature

is not nice to lie Wink

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--vxmgcr2C--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/pepxlzrotfmujmjwjp0c.jpg

this farm is the farm I was talking about, it seems to me that it had some wood in there, but if you know better/the truth, then I have to correct my posting Smiley

and, well the picture tells the truth, atleast to the matter of space between the miners(none) to get the airflow going
numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:31:36 PM

this farm is the farm I was talking about, it seems to me that it had some wood in there, but if you know better/the truth, then I have to correct my posting Smiley

and, well the picture tells the truth, atleast to the matter of space between the miners(none) to get the airflow going
The space in between might have been bigger before everything sagged down onto a heap of debris.

Wooden structures, insects settling in because of the warmth, you imagine the outcome. Seen other farm where dust was settling down on literally everything, causing fans to fail. Probably you wanna have artic climate and concrete.

Joe Average's plastic crate encased miner on the balcony at home has one advantage, that of steady maintenance.

anx

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:54:09 PM

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--vxmgcr2C--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/pepxlzrotfmujmjwjp0c.jpg

The space in between might have been bigger before everything sagged down onto a heap of debris.

Wooden structures, insects settling in because of the warmth, you imagine the outcome. Seen other farm where dust was settling down on literally everything, causing fans to fail. Probably you wanna have artic climate and concrete.

Joe Average's plastic crate encased miner on the balcony at home has one advantage, that of steady maintenance.

insects settling in because of the warmth << intresting, didnt think of that

You're right, it was a bad combination  Undecided
ASICSPACE (OP)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

Feel free to contact me via email, skype or phone!

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 12:06:34 AM

Hi All!

We just upgraded our cooling: check it out. Smiley

★★★★ Bitcoin Miner Hosting! ★★★★ $55/kw-month ★★★★ http://www.asicspace.com/ ★★ Best Prices in the hosting Industry! ★★★★
valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 12:39:42 AM

That is awesome!  Shocked

Cant wait to see more pictures. Great job man.  Grin

Quick question will you also sell miners or we need to ship the miner to you ??

I may be interested if you sell miners.

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
mavericklm

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:12:58 AM

pictures of the miners?
please!
stasis-crypto

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 05:32:14 PM

Hi All!

We just upgraded our cooling: check it out. Smiley

https://i.imgur.com/HoqoBSN.jpg

That looks absolutely incredible. Keep up the good work.
alh
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:37:26 PM

While I like the general idea of Solar, it doesn't cut it for something that's running 24x7 year round, as most miners are. The best you could hope for would be somewhat less than "50% mining" at the Equator using Solar. Unfortunately the Bitcoin difficulty adjustments also conspire against a fixed energy supply like Solar.
nambich

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 11:03:00 PM

I am seeing multiple times the name of IBM is coming to the Bitcoin space. They are attending Bitcoin conferences,
distributing Bitcoin at universities etc. I dont think a company IBM will do anything not for profit.
Given their legacy dominance in hardware and more specifically mainframe (though it has nothing do with mining),
I think they might be working on some better chip design. If that is true, once that chip hits the market, they'll be monopoly.
gecox22

Activity: 778
Merit: 515

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 02:05:42 AM

this is awesome. wish I could afford something of this size...

alh
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:07:40 AM

I am seeing multiple times the name of IBM is coming to the Bitcoin space. They are attending Bitcoin conferences,
distributing Bitcoin at universities etc. I dont think a company IBM will do anything not for profit.
Given their legacy dominance in hardware and more specifically mainframe (though it has nothing do with mining),
I think they might be working on some better chip design. If that is true, once that chip hits the market, they'll be monopoly.

I wouldn't read too much into IBM's name showing up related to Bitcoin. They do a variety of things that don't always lead to a "product" (e.g. a miner). While they have good technology, I don't think the existing ASiC vendors have a lot to fear from IBM. Just my $.02.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: