Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:20:07 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pics of Huge Hosting Mine Under Construction, (Dec 2015 Update: We've moved)  (Read 54114 times)
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 06:38:10 PM

This does look amazing but talk about it taking a huge joy out of mining when it is your main source of income and you have so much riding on it. A panic attack anytime the price dips and a constant watch on it.
That, and also constantly checking and replacing faulty miners or any malfunctions in pools/hardware.

While ASICspace would have the definitive comment, I thinks it's worth noting the difference between a hosting facility, and a cloud mining facility.  A hosting facility doesn't actually own the mining gear inside, nor do they receive any Bitcoin from what is mined. They are paid in whatever currency they work out with their clients, who actually own the mining gear.The hosting facility supplies electricity, cooling, Internet access and so forth for a price. In general they don't care at all about the price of Bitcoin, or difficulty, or the price of mining gear. They probably do have to provide some level of hand-holding for gear that needs attention for their client. Their revenue is derived entirely from what their clients pay them to host the mining gear.

A cloud mining facility looks very similar, though it's more likely to have more uniformity in the type/kind of mining gear inside. The big difference is that the cloud mining facility owns the mining gear, and receives the Bitcoins that are mined. Because of this they really do care about Bitcoin price, difficulty, and the price of mining gear. They have to cover their expense out of what is mined, and whatever they are paid by their clients. It's a really different business model, though at a gross level, the actual facility looks virtually identical to a hosting facility.

I think ASICspace is a hosting facility, NOT cloud mining facility.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 01:56:54 PM

I think it might be a bit of both actually.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 07:32:06 PM

That's interesting. Is that a client of ASICspace that is a cloud, or ASICspace itself? Clearly ASICspace does hosting, I just didn't think they were a cloud at all, though I could easily be wrong.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 09:53:42 PM

That's interesting. Is that a client of ASICspace that is a cloud, or ASICspace itself? Clearly ASICspace does hosting, I just didn't think they were a cloud at all, though I could easily be wrong.

Only cloud in the way that they probably have their own miners running. I wasn't meaning to say they offer cloud mining services for customers.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 09:58:48 PM

Only noticed the most recent pics now... What an amazing facility they've got going on there! Smiley
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 10:49:52 PM

Preparing for the next boom.  It takes money to make money.

aDude

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:12:25 PM

i wonder if they lost power last night, there was a big fire really close to their building yesterday afternoon/evening.

its also going to he a hell of a hot summer up here in Central Washington, should be a good test for their chimney design approach I hope that AC does its job. we have already had 70+ degree days up here this year.
aDude

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:19:49 PM

Remember they will be running miners of other owners too. They make money selling space, service, and electricity. Doesn't have to me a miner either. It could run a big-ass server or 1000 too Smiley
no power redundancy, no backup internet service, or really anything else that a normal hosting facility would have. coupled with the fact that there are about half a million square feet of brand new, world class, tier3 datacenter space within 20 miles of their location... i doubt they have any other options for clients.
CryptoCoin2015

Activity: 39

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 04:36:42 PM

Beware: Asicspace got huge problems with their operations, long downtime, heat problems, router and network issues and not to mention bad customer support. Not to be recommended for the time being. Will update if this changes.

If other customers here are affected, please contact me. Might be, that we need to take joint legal action.
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 04:37:58 PM

Beware: Asicspace got huge problems with their operations, long downtime, heat problems, router and network issues and not to mention bad customer support. Not to be recommended for the time being. Will update if this changes.

If other customers here are affected, please contact me. Might be, that we need to take joint legal action.

If true, how disappointing.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
CryptoCoin2015

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 05:31:23 PM

Yes, unfortunately its pretty bad.

I am not even sure at this stage, if there is a datacenter at all.

We made a contract with them for 100 S5 and since our upfront payment, nothing ever worked, no deadline was ever met and since two days, communication ceased to exist.

Beforehand, we got a lot of emails and phonecalls, if we get the contract done and if our payment has been done. After the contract had been made and the payment was done however, we had a hard time reaching anyone at all. Deliveries were late, PSUs had been shipped late, PSUs weren't cramped in time, heat was suddenly a problem, network routers that were faulty were suddenly a problem. And since 2 days, their EMail server seems to be a problem too because I get no reply any longer.

Of course, I would love if I am proven wrong and everything turns out to be human errors and that they manage to get their operations up and running again.

But for the moment being, I honestly cannot recommend this service. Lets hope everything works out as expected and that I will be able to reverse my opinion.

coinits
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 05:44:21 PM

Yes, unfortunately its pretty bad.

I am not even sure at this stage, if there is a datacenter at all.

We made a contract with them for 100 S5 and since our upfront payment, nothing ever worked, no deadline was ever met and since two days, communication ceased to exist.

Beforehand, we got a lot of emails and phonecalls, if we get the contract done and if our payment has been done. After the contract had been made and the payment was done however, we had a hard time reaching anyone at all. Deliveries were late, PSUs had been shipped late, PSUs weren't cramped in time, heat was suddenly a problem, network routers that were faulty were suddenly a problem. And since 2 days, their EMail server seems to be a problem too because I get no reply any longer.

Of course, I would love if I am proven wrong and everything turns out to be human errors and that they manage to get their operations up and running again.

But for the moment being, I honestly cannot recommend this service. Lets hope everything works out as expected and that I will be able to reverse my opinion.

Did you purchase and send 100 S5s to them or did you rent 100 S5s?

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Repunza

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 05:56:57 PM

Where's the butter for the popcorn?... This should be good  Tongue
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 06:00:22 PM

Where's the butter for the popcorn?... This should be good  Tongue

Popcorn yes

Good is not how I would describe it but I know what you mean.

*sigh* I hope and pray that this is not another scam.

Scams are going to bring regulations so stringent it will drive a lot of ingenuity out of the crypto space. Scammers are the enemy.

CryptoCoin2015

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 06:22:48 PM

We did pay upfront for a leasing term of 12 month, so they could buy the hardware. We are in Europe, so shipping would not be an option.

I did see the hardware being shipped by tracking code and had access to all purchasing documentation. So I strongly believe, they have bought the hardware.

I also believe, that they have the best of intentions but at some stage during the last two weeks something must have become royally fucked up.

I think, they have just the wrong strategy to deal with these kind of problems. Instead of providing full transparency and realistic deadlines, they probably believe themselves, to get all issues solved by magic overnight. I could live with a realistic estimate, that says we need to wait two more weeks. But constantly moving deadlines is the worst case.

I think, that they probably fucked up measurement of their cooling capacities, network bandwith and whatever.

As said, can't say for sure, as they do not communicate since 72 hours.

coinits
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 06:27:25 PM

We did pay upfront for a leasing term of 12 month, so they could buy the hardware. We are in Europe, so shipping would not be an option.

I did see the hardware being shipped by tracking code and had access to all purchasing documentation. So I strongly believe, they have bought the hardware.

I also believe, that they have the best of intentions but at some stage during the last two weeks something must have become royally fucked up.

I think, they have just the wrong strategy to deal with these kind of problems. Instead of providing full transparency and realistic deadlines, they probably believe themselves, to get all issues solved by magic overnight. I could live with a realistic estimate, that says we need to wait two more weeks. But constantly moving deadlines is the worst case.

I think, that they probably fucked up measurement of their cooling capacities, network bandwith and whatever.

As said, can't say for sure, as they do not communicate since 72 hours.

I duuno how hard it is to set it up. All is a pretty straight forward process. I am of the opinion to never pay upfront for something from someone that does not have a track record. They have to earn that level of trust. For example, Bitmaintech. I have no problem paying them upfront. Their track record speaks for itself. You probably should have used their mining service. Yeah I know, hindsight is 20-20.

CryptoCoin2015

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 06:34:59 PM

Well, for us it was simple: We never had any issue with any american company we did business with, ever. So that was the upfront credit of trust we gave them.

I would have expected this shit in Europe, where you should trust no one but germans and scandinavians Wink

So, I still hope for a wake up call for those guys. It is not too late after all.

CryptoCoin2015

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 11:07:30 PM

Well, I think it is only fair to state, that they now provided an update on the situation, which reads in short as:

- the network crashed
- it had to be rebuilt and this work has been completed
- adequate power, cooling, and networking to hash has been restored

There seems to be a particular problem regarding spoondoolies remaining, which may require more invasive procedures (reflashing).

There is still non of our S5 online, but I keep you updated here.
timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 02:39:30 AM

And you're stupid enough to believe that steaming load of horseshit?  They ran with your money, man.  They will keep making these lame network crash excuses as long as you are willing to believe it, to give them time to bail with your dollars.  I have been telling people for over a year here not to buy ASICs, and people call me a troll and like that. 

This is just the first step of me being proven correct.

And you know how people say "I hate to say it, but I told you so"?

Well, I do NOT hate to say it!  I TOLD YOU not to do it, and everyone trashes me for it!  I am now being proven right and am laughing at everyone dumb enough to piss money away on buying ASICs.  This especially includes dmward.
CryptoCoin2015

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:27:37 PM

Well, I think it is only fair to state, that they now provided an update on the situation, which reads in short as:

- the network crashed
- it had to be rebuilt and this work has been completed
- adequate power, cooling, and networking to hash has been restored

There seems to be a particular problem regarding spoondoolies remaining, which may require more invasive procedures (reflashing).

There is still non of our S5 online, but I keep you updated here.

Matters seem to stabilize now. We have like 20% of hashing power online.

So, IMHO any take-the-money-and-run scenario is off the table.

What remains is the impression, that their business is being run by inexperienced rookies, that are making their first attempts at running an operation of this scale.

I value their courage and hope, that they get everything straightened up by this week. I am always for second chances.

I will update, when we see 100%

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: