Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:01:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pics of Huge Hosting Mine Under Construction, (Dec 2015 Update: We've moved)  (Read 54114 times)
helloworld-au-yess2000

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 09:48:46 PM

atill going w a fake thred / mining center. either way bad business move this will never roi until we hit next ath. if they can manage to hold onto there coin for that long barring....

cashing it out for roi

scandal

wallet breach....

if it is real goodluck. hardest part will be storing and cashout out the coin

then you still have to worry about uncle sams firey dragon breath, and the banks ahutting down accounts the list goes on and on and on....

imo not worth the time hassle money and financial risk IF it is real..

which i doubt

None of which applies here, as its a HOSTING CENTRE for OTHER PEOPLES miners, not a private farm for investors.

ChineseSavior - you need to breathe and get some oxygen into your brain before you apply the metacarpals to the keyboard............... My guess is your not a Process Engineer or Coder - Logically speaking of course.

Biffa - Quality, clean and logical PWNGE!!!!!!!! I laughed for ages after i read your post! Cheesy

I say hats off to all people for the awesome and constructive actions and thoughts to this thread.  Coming from a Data Center and Server Support occupation, i think i need to be alone for a while with this thread............... Cheesy

A+
northwesttactical

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 05:18:43 AM

Looks great! I'll be keeping up to date!
BitBatFan

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 07:07:41 PM

Shocked OMG this is huuuge!
You guys re doing some fine work. Will maybe rent some GH  Wink
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 01:44:26 AM

I hijacked this thread enough already. I just came here to say I personally know this place to exist and these guys are trying real hard to make it work. They have been very open and transparent, at least with me.

Who did they fire and why?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
LordPaco

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 03:47:06 AM

I wouldn't be privy to any of that information except for some rumors. I can say I picked up all my miners from them a week ago hassle free and all my equipment came out the same way it came in and they had them sense January. Not even a power supply blew up and I have a pile of those all dead. Actually I attribute that to running those badass 2880w power supplies they are stout haven't been able to kill one of those yet. They have a new customer service guy and he was very friendly and helped me load up my miners. The crew working on the A/C and ventilation ribbed me for taking the miners the wrong way, little do they know they may likely be at my site soon enough.
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:35:00 AM

The crew working on the A/C and ventilation ribbed me...

I wonder why it was necessary for them to work on the A/C and ventilation?

Was it because they were responsible for destroying customers equipment in their overheated datacenter?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
LordPaco

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 07:13:12 AM

Was it because they were responsible for destroying customers equipment in their overheated datacenter?

My equipment was running right next to those S5 when they allegedly got too toasty. Not a single machine of mine was damaged, power supplies just as solid as ever and all of them are still running as I type at my own facility.

I feel bad for the guy that has his machines damaged, but I honestly don't think it was any kind of intentional or willful neglect of oversight. Even though I no longer need a hosting facility I would have no qualms using them again, even after this incident. Kind of like how Jack in the Box after the ecoli incident was probably the safest fast food place to eat.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 09:58:14 AM

My equipment was running right next to those S5 when they allegedly got too toasty. Not a single machine of mine was damaged, power supplies just as solid as ever and all of them are still running as I type at my own facility.

I feel bad for the guy that has his machines damaged, but I honestly don't think it was any kind of intentional or willful neglect of oversight. Even though I no longer need a hosting facility I would have no qualms using them again, even after this incident. Kind of like how Jack in the Box after the ecoli incident was probably the safest fast food place to eat.

It appears more then allegedly - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1036376.msg11238845#msg11238845

Overheating to point of damaging gear does not happen in one day.  It would have been noticeable on heat increase, and heat should be checked.

Having a data center you are agreeing to host peoples gear.  You have a responsibility to keep environment safe.  If it was something out of their control it's a different story.  But reading temp's and even adding cooling gear if needed before hurting gear is well within what is expected.
LordPaco

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 12:55:19 PM

It appears more then allegedly - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1036376.msg11238845#msg11238845

Overheating to point of damaging gear does not happen in one day.  It would have been noticeable on heat increase, and heat should be checked.

Having a data center you are agreeing to host peoples gear.  You have a responsibility to keep environment safe.  If it was something out of their control it's a different story.  But reading temp's and even adding cooling gear if needed before hurting gear is well within what is expected.

I've read that thread - and yes what you see there are allegations. You may have skipped the part where I said my own machines where sitting right next to the lot of S5 that had problems, when they supposedly had problems, but for some reason my machines have received no damage while in custody of ASICSPACE. So sorry for the other guy, but I'm happy my machines are more stout than his and survived the apparent  Roll Eyes inferno that ASICSPACE runs  Roll Eyes
Bitcoin_BOy$

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

|| Web developer ||

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 01:10:20 PM

Hi can i have replies for those questions :
Where is this build , (is that because of electricity cost), also I would like to know how much
will this totally cost and how much time will take to back ROI . what type of miners hardware
did you use ?

Bitcoin Boy .
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 03:36:31 PM

Proof?

Because you said so I have to believe it?

More likely that the units got fried and these people are responsible and fixing the problem given the report from Toomin.

And you didn't answer the question why the 'retrofit'?

Obviously there were issues.

I've read that thread - and yes what you see there are allegations. You may have skipped the part where I said my own machines where sitting right next to the lot of S5 that had problems, when they supposedly had problems, but for some reason my machines have received no damage while in custody of ASICSPACE. So sorry for the other guy, but I'm happy my machines are more stout than his and survived the apparent  Roll Eyes inferno that ASICSPACE runs  Roll Eyes

LordPaco

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 04:46:22 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2015, 04:58:02 PM by LordPaco

Proof?

More likely that the units got fried and these people are responsible and fixing the problem given the report from Toomin.

I'm not sure I can provide you with any proof that would suffice given I can't go back in time and take a picture posing in front of both machines with a time on a card. I never took any pictures while I was there out of respect. I can only show you a picture of the machines they hosted for me running at my 1MW facility still under construction. There are two electric services at my building so while the 1200A 480V service is being built and not currently energized, I have a wimpy 400A 240V service I'm tapping. The picture is a little old one rack has not been hooked up yet but it is now. The S1's in that picture were never hosted by ASICSPACE, that would have been a loss obviously.  It's worth noting my most temperature intolerant miner would be the cointerra, overheating if the room just goes over 80F, and I have logs showing a stable hashrate on it for months while at ASICSPACE.

Re the retrofit it should go without saying; it is not a tier I datacenter and should not be expected to be built as such. I don't think there is a bitcoin mine on the planet over 1MW that doesn't need modifications to airflow after the heat is there. You can use smoke bombs all you want, use some formulas that make you look like math Jesus, and try to predict what will happen before the heat but you never really know until you put it into place. I would be more concerned if they were not constantly looking for ways to improve their airflow.

dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 12:51:40 AM

Proof?

I'm not sure I can provide you with any proof that would suffice given I can't go back in time and take a picture posing in front of both machines with a time on a card. I never took any pictures while I was there out of respect. I can only show you a picture of the machines they hosted for me running at my 1MW facility still under construction. There are two electric services at my building so while the 1200A 480V service is being built and not currently energized, I have a wimpy 400A 240V service I'm tapping. The picture is a little old one rack has not been hooked up yet but it is now. The S1's in that picture were never hosted by ASICSPACE, that would have been a loss obviously.  It's worth noting my most temperature intolerant miner would be the cointerra, overheating if the room just goes over 80F, and I have logs showing a stable hashrate on it for months while at ASICSPACE.

Re the retrofit it should go without saying; it is not a tier I datacenter and should not be expected to be built as such. I don't think there is a bitcoin mine on the planet over 1MW that doesn't need modifications to airflow after the heat is there. You can use smoke bombs all you want, use some formulas that make you look like math Jesus, and try to predict what will happen before the heat but you never really know until you put it into place. I would be more concerned if they were not constantly looking for ways to improve their airflow.

Hi LordPaco...

Like what you have going on there.  It will be interesting to see what you do when it gets to the point of having to do something to deal with the heat.  Good luck to you, bro!!!

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 07:23:12 AM

Proof?

I don't need to do math to see that one fan in the air is not near enough.   An asic data center getting exhust out is important.  

Unless they changed their design and added a lot of extra gear that picture shows something not setup for a large quanity of gear.  If they kept adding gear it's not surprising they would need a retrofit.

Unless there is a lot of gear behind where person is standing that we cannot see for ventilation.
LordPaco

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 07:49:54 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2015, 08:15:39 AM by LordPaco

I don't need to do math to see that one fan in the air is not near enough.   An asic data center getting exhust out is important.  

Unless they changed their design and added a lot of extra gear that picture shows something not setup for a large quanity of gear.  If they kept adding gear it's not surprising they would need a retrofit.

Unless there is a lot of gear behind where person is standing that we cannot see for ventilation.

I'm sorry you may not be fully reading the thread at hand. The picture you see is my facility and has nothing to do with ASICSPACE. Of course what you see is inadequate for any kind of ventilation we haven't even begun to modify it for our purposes. We will be pulling 16 strands of 500kcmil aluminum XHHW wire from the 1000KVA transformer outside the building to the service entrance inside tomorrow. Spent the past two weeks cutting concrete, digging ditches, placing conduit, inspection, refill the ditch. I ordered 1000ft of 6awg tray cable to feed the 48 60A/3P IBM PDU's on friday. I have my PCI-E cable assembly line together, with an automatic wire cutter/stripper machine. Over 20K feet of 16awg wire for PCI-E cables. Those are in rooms behind me in that picture. Also have the office room back in there and just put in a fridge and microwave so now there is a mini kitchen. My HVAC crew is on standby, we just arn't there yet but getting all the closer. An unopened bottle of silver Patron is on the counter waiting for the install of miner #500.
CryptoCoin2015

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 08:21:57 AM

An unopened bottle of silver Patron is on the counter waiting for the install of miner #500.

Looks and sounds great, man Smiley Just give me enough notice in advance and I come over to join you in your celebration Wink
LordPaco

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 08:47:53 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2015, 08:58:19 AM by LordPaco

An unopened bottle of silver Patron is on the counter waiting for the install of miner #500.

Looks and sounds great, man Smiley Just give me enough notice in advance and I come over to join you in your celebration Wink

Hey thanks man! Of course you are welcome to come and help us extinguish that (and more) bottles. And honestly, sorry about your miners over there real shitty thing. If it happened to me you better believe I would be writing dozens of rants here. Its taught me one lesson building my facility: watch for network storms and use appropriate switches. Not saying that was the cause but that did cause them to go offline for a short time and can be a PITA to troubleshoot and diagnose, especially when your network is ginormous.

In an effort to help mitigate that for my own facility I bought 52 about to hit the dumpster HP Procurve 2650 switches (48ports each/manageable) from the University of Florida @ $17 each. The money I used to pay for them is going to help pay for a centrifuge for one of their research departments.
nvaler

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 06:17:51 AM

wow mining scams
timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 01:01:18 PM

Yeah, this topic should be retitled "how to piss away lots of money on a bitcoin mining operation WAY too late in the game, over a year after bitcoin price peaked and isn't likely to go that high ever again, and all the things I'm buying now are only putting me in debt while I have only a mild chance at best of recovering my expenses through mining bitcoins, and that is if the difficulty doesn't rise and the price doesn't fall.  Otherwise I am screwed".

And if the electric company changes their mind on my billing rate, it is game over before I ever calculate one hash.
LordPaco

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 04:12:46 PM

I'll refrain from posting my electric rate, or the historic yearly electric rate increase from 1960 to now, or any valid refutations to a pessimistic troll hiding under the all-seeing vigilante bridge.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: