Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:18:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pics of Huge Hosting Mine Under Construction, (Dec 2015 Update: We've moved)  (Read 54114 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 09:31:17 AM

LMAO, look at one of my older posts, I knew for a fact this facility would overheat based on what I saw... Little do these guys realize, you need about 150cfm per KW of airflow... That facility @ 1.2mw does not have a 275,000+ cfm worth of airflow through 36'' ducts...

What a joke, the concrete structure makes it a heat trap / chimney.  The white smoke test they did took several minutes to clear out...  We fully cycle our air from intake to exhaust every 6 seconds...  Yeah, so a white smoke test in a properly designed facility @ 100cfm per square foot vacating air allows you to keep your units cool.  And the smoke test, would simply flow from intake, through exhaust, and be 100% clear in less than 10 seconds..

These guys are attempting to condition air, and not move enough of it, leaving them with massive hotspots, and expensive PUE, and a horribly inefficient system..  The only thing you have is .03c per KW/h compared to china's .04 / .05 cents per KW/h

Can't wait until we go public in some of our assets so everyone understands why they can't compete...  I mean, look at Bitfury, they have a facility in Georgia (the country Georgia) directly under a hydro powerplant, paying less than .03c per kw/h, evaporate only, don't have to worry about compressors, and have about 20mw+ of capacity and expanding...

With the changes in heat sink design and methodology as well, you don't even need to treat the air.. You just have to move a lot of air, even if its 90 degrees across the chips rapidly and your fine... At least the direction bitmani is going with there small chip set.

Good luck if you go in this facility.. Why do you think Spoondoolies took one look at the facility and said no way... They decided to go to a different datacenter in Washington and a footprint @ vern global Iceland instead?  Bitcoin miners consist of two groups now, large industrial players, and hobbyist, don't expect to make a dime...  Its a hobby YOU pay for, not get rich on...  You can't compete with my sub 40-50 dollar per KW cost including overhead staffing and cooling...  And the fact that in massive orders, we pay about 50% of what normal people pay for equipment from the manufacturers due to large scale contracts.

If you have free power, and live in a cold place, YES! you can make money, these guys can't even make money if they are by themselves building this facility with compressors and attempting to treat air.  I'm sure the capital for the contractors they used too was excessive as well, that looks like a very expensive facility that can't even run at 60% of its promised capacity during the hot months...  You guys are lucky its cooling down, you'll have 6 months to get your shit together.

I think the problem is some people try to be cheap.  They expect a asic data center to be like a server data center.  They are nothing alike on cooling.   Were talking about a lot more money into cooling. 

Depending on climate evaporation, just massive CFM, etc.  Depending on climate is best cooling method.  But regular AC is never going to be good for asic data centers.   

What happened to this place?
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2015, 09:54:00 AM

LMAO, look at one of my older posts, I knew for a fact this facility would overheat based on what I saw... Little do these guys realize, you need about 150cfm per KW of airflow... That facility @ 1.2mw does not have a 275,000+ cfm worth of airflow through 36'' ducts...

What a joke, the concrete structure makes it a heat trap / chimney.  The white smoke test they did took several minutes to clear out...  We fully cycle our air from intake to exhaust every 6 seconds...  Yeah, so a white smoke test in a properly designed facility @ 100cfm per square foot vacating air allows you to keep your units cool.  And the smoke test, would simply flow from intake, through exhaust, and be 100% clear in less than 10 seconds..

These guys are attempting to condition air, and not move enough of it, leaving them with massive hotspots, and expensive PUE, and a horribly inefficient system..  The only thing you have is .03c per KW/h compared to china's .04 / .05 cents per KW/h

Can't wait until we go public in some of our assets so everyone understands why they can't compete...  I mean, look at Bitfury, they have a facility in Georgia (the country Georgia) directly under a hydro powerplant, paying less than .03c per kw/h, evaporate only, don't have to worry about compressors, and have about 20mw+ of capacity and expanding...

With the changes in heat sink design and methodology as well, you don't even need to treat the air.. You just have to move a lot of air, even if its 90 degrees across the chips rapidly and your fine... At least the direction bitmani is going with there small chip set.

Good luck if you go in this facility.. Why do you think Spoondoolies took one look at the facility and said no way... They decided to go to a different datacenter in Washington and a footprint @ vern global Iceland instead?  Bitcoin miners consist of two groups now, large industrial players, and hobbyist, don't expect to make a dime...  Its a hobby YOU pay for, not get rich on...  You can't compete with my sub 40-50 dollar per KW cost including overhead staffing and cooling...  And the fact that in massive orders, we pay about 50% of what normal people pay for equipment from the manufacturers due to large scale contracts.

If you have free power, and live in a cold place, YES! you can make money, these guys can't even make money if they are by themselves building this facility with compressors and attempting to treat air.  I'm sure the capital for the contractors they used too was excessive as well, that looks like a very expensive facility that can't even run at 60% of its promised capacity during the hot months...  You guys are lucky its cooling down, you'll have 6 months to get your shit together.

We can compete with you and everything is properly cooled and is running on quality infrastructure.    You make some great points.  We choose to grow slower but build better and still offer the best price.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 03:49:49 PM

What a joke, the concrete structure makes it a heat trap / chimney.  The white smoke test they did took several minutes to clear out...  We fully cycle our air from intake to exhaust every 6 seconds...  Yeah, so a white smoke test in a properly designed facility @ 100cfm per square foot vacating air allows you to keep your units cool.  And the smoke test, would simply flow from intake, through exhaust, and be 100% clear in less than 10 seconds..

We can compete with you and everything is properly cooled and is running on quality infrastructure.    You make some great points.  We choose to grow slower but build better and still offer the best price.

So you're telling me, that you can compete, with my facility, if I were for a significant profit, offer $50.00 per Kw per month hosting once we finish our 5mw expansion for possibly hosting other large clients?

FYI, we used remote power switching PDU's, tied into a miner monitoring software that automatically reboots the miners if there is a problem.  If the unit doesn't come back up after a failed reboot, then an alert is setup to the NOC and to our guys at the DC for them to work on the unit... We run @ about 99.95% uptime from all our units.  Even miners that freeze, or have blades go down every 12 hours still run at about 95-98% efficiency because of our ability to monitor and remote reboot the units...

This allows me to reduce the amount of labor costs.  Oh also, in an emergency if we loose an evaporate cooler, the system can automatically load shed (turn off the units) before they begin to overheat and cause permanent damage to the ASIC's, an event you had earlier in April...

Our goal is to offer mining contracts to people, not host miners, direct, as we can purchase units at 50% of cost wholesale, and actually pass on real profits to individual customers, while still making margins on the hosting and the unit / resell, but offer power rates equivalent to $50 per kw instead of $60, and once cap X is paid off in a couple of years, we will have operation costs in the $30 dollar range with maintenance and personal.

What mining company do you have an agreement to get at 50 percent of wholesale?  That is a heck of a goal.  I would sure be interested if you can get units for close to that.... but I'm not sure I see 50 percent happening. 

This is also first time I have seen hosting companies argue.... very  interesting Smiley
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 04:37:51 AM

What a joke, the concrete structure makes it a heat trap / chimney.  The white smoke test they did took several minutes to clear out...  We fully cycle our air from intake to exhaust every 6 seconds...  Yeah, so a white smoke test in a properly designed facility @ 100cfm per square foot vacating air allows you to keep your units cool.  And the smoke test, would simply flow from intake, through exhaust, and be 100% clear in less than 10 seconds..

We can compete with you and everything is properly cooled and is running on quality infrastructure.    You make some great points.  We choose to grow slower but build better and still offer the best price.

So you're telling me, that you can compete, with my facility, if I were for a significant profit, offer $50.00 per Kw per month hosting once we finish our 5mw expansion for possibly hosting other large clients?

FYI, we used remote power switching PDU's, tied into a miner monitoring software that automatically reboots the miners if there is a problem.  If the unit doesn't come back up after a failed reboot, then an alert is setup to the NOC and to our guys at the DC for them to work on the unit... We run @ about 99.95% uptime from all our units.  Even miners that freeze, or have blades go down every 12 hours still run at about 95-98% efficiency because of our ability to monitor and remote reboot the units...

This allows me to reduce the amount of labor costs.  Oh also, in an emergency if we loose an evaporate cooler, the system can automatically load shed (turn off the units) before they begin to overheat and cause permanent damage to the ASIC's, an event you had earlier in April...

Our goal is to offer mining contracts to people, not host miners, direct, as we can purchase units at 50% of cost wholesale, and actually pass on real profits to individual customers, while still making margins on the hosting and the unit / resell, but offer power rates equivalent to $50 per kw instead of $60, and once cap X is paid off in a couple of years, we will have operation costs in the $30 dollar range with maintenance and personal.

What mining company do you have an agreement to get at 50 percent of wholesale?  That is a heck of a goal.  I would sure be interested if you can get units for close to that.... but I'm not sure I see 50 percent happening. 

This is also first time I have seen hosting companies argue.... very  interesting Smiley

It's impressive what a million dollar level purchasing power will get you.  Remember, economies of scale, ASIC manufacturers make a lot of profit on the units when they sell to the public.  We have NDA's, but its around 50%

When will you be able to offer these miners to public at this price?  At 50 percent you will find a lot of buyers. 
devil11

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 03:00:23 PM

Wow......
That's awesome and in my life it is the biggest Miner hosting center which i have seen. Nice and good working. I am happy from this Smiley
torepia

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 03:42:05 PM

Good job guys, looks amazing!

Please fix the cable mess tho!  Cheesy
Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 06:36:09 PM

No argument here, just stating a fact.  Who wants a provider in a race to the bottom?  At a point something is sacrificed.  No free lunch.

Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 09:46:54 PM

soo bitcoin mining still profitable to some big miners invest 1 milion at this point i would call it insanity for sure,why not buy direct the bitcoins into the market instead try to mine?well the dream keeps alive for some who has balls to invest .
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 03:30:28 AM

soo bitcoin mining still profitable to some big miners invest 1 milion at this point i would call it insanity for sure,why not buy direct the bitcoins into the market instead try to mine?well the dream keeps alive for some who has balls to invest .

Yes, one has to be a bit ballsy right now to mine.  I'm doing it still with $0.10 cents per kWH.  I don't think I will make the move to Washington State the last quarter of this year or first quarter of next year as previously planned.  I'm in "wait and see" mode concerning what KnC and Spondoolie's will add to the network hash rate in the future.  I would hate to get out there, only to find I need to double my hash rate 3 or 4 months after arriving to mine the same amount of bitcoin I mined when I first arrived.

I ordered 9 x S7's the other day.  I was planning on ordering 21 more S7's in December but now I'm only going to order 11 more S7's in December.  I'm using the rest of the money I would have spent on the other ten S7's to open up an E-Cig store here in Alabama.  A buddy of mine has 13 E-Cig stores open now and is clearing over $60,000 a month from all of them combined.  He's riding around in a convertible Mercedes after two years with his house paid off.  So, I figure it's worth a shot to open one and open another one 4 months afterwards.  Then open two of them every 4 months until I have 10 or more of them within a 100 mile radius of my location.

I'm doing this cause I think it's important to be a bit more cautious at this point in the game as a serious home miner.  I want to have some rigs mining in the hope of having rigs going at the right point in time before a potential pump in bitcoin price.  The rigs could easily pay for themselves in a much shorter time if we have a big pump within the next 3 to 6 months.  I think everyone knows the price of the S7 would rise considerably if bitcoin price rises considerably.  It would be advantageous to buy the S7 now while it's cheap or do not buy it at all.  If one waits until a BTC price pump, the price of the S7 will out of ROI reach for many who choose to get in that late after a pump. 

So, I'm gambling by mining with 20 of them by end of December in the hopes of a BTC pump coming soon.  I think it's too risky for me to buy anymore than that at this time with $0.10 cents per kWH.  One who is paying less than $0.05 cents per kWH is in more of a position to gamble with more HW than I am.  Yet, still it is gambling quite a bit.  We just don't know yet how much HW KnC and Spondoolie's will add to the network.

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
graymatter

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 05:28:52 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2015, 05:48:26 AM by graymatter

Yes, one has to be a bit ballsy right now to mine.  I'm doing it still with $0.10 cents per kWH.  I don't think I will make the move to Washington State the last quarter of this year or first quarter of next year as previously planned.  I'm in "wait and see" mode concerning what KnC and Spondoolie's will add to the network hash rate in the future.  I would hate to get out there, only to find I need to double my hash rate 3 or 4 months after arriving to mine the same amount of bitcoin I mined when I first arrived.

I ordered 9 x S7's the other day.  I was planning on ordering 21 more S7's in December but now I'm only going to order 11 more S7's in December.  I'm using the rest of the money I would have spent on the other ten S7's to open up an E-Cig store here in Alabama.  A buddy of mine has 13 E-Cig stores open now and is clearing over $60,000 a month from all of them combined.  He's riding around in a convertible Mercedes after two years with his house paid off.  So, I figure it's worth a shot to open one and open another one 4 months afterwards.  Then open two of them every 4 months until I have 10 or more of them within a 100 mile radius of my location.

I'm doing this cause I think it's important to be a bit more cautious at this point in the game as a serious home miner.  I want to have some rigs mining in the hope of having rigs going at the right point in time before a potential pump in bitcoin price.  The rigs could easily pay for themselves in a much shorter time if we have a big pump within the next 3 to 6 months.  I think everyone knows the price of the S7 would rise considerably if bitcoin price rises considerably.  It would be advantageous to buy the S7 now while it's cheap or do not buy it at all.  If one waits until a BTC price pump, the price of the S7 will out of ROI reach for many who choose to get in that late after a pump.  

So, I'm gambling by mining with 20 of them by end of December in the hopes of a BTC pump coming soon.  I think it's too risky for me to buy anymore than that at this time with $0.10 cents per kWH.  One who is paying less than $0.05 cents per kWH is in more of a position to gamble with more HW than I am.  Yet, still it is gambling quite a bit.  We just don't know yet how much HW KnC and Spondoolie's will add to the network.

Spoondoolies is done. so don't worry about them adding hashrate.  KNC has a ton of overhead and isn't as competitive anymore.  They produced solar on 16nm fin 1 process, but at a huge costs for tapeout and being an early adapter.  Sure they are private and have huge efficiency but take a look at how small there total hashrate is... Its tiny.  4% of the network for KNC... We have more than that and our company is a fraction of the capital investments.  I would agree we're at about .05 cents all in including cooling and overhead.  Lets face it, if your in the bitcoin mining world, bitmain sort of crushed the competition.  The logistics and capabilities that company have far exceed any capabilities KNC, and Bitfury have of keeping up...  Spoondoolies is gone, and everything else is gone.

I don't think even with a huge price jump that you would be extremely profitable.  Your best way as a home miner to make money is, buy direct from Bitmain, mine for 2 months at high profits, then sell the miner for 90% of cost, and make money by reselling.  That's about your best bet.
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 10:09:44 PM

Spoondoolies is done. so don't worry about them adding hashrate.  KNC has a ton of overhead and isn't as competitive anymore.  They produced solar on 16nm fin 2 process, but at a huge costs for tapeout and being an early adapter.  Sure they are private and have huge efficiency but take a look at how small there total hashrate is... Its tiny.  4% of the network for KNC... We have more than that and our company is a fraction of the capital investments.  I would agree we're at about .05 cents all in including cooling and overhead.  Lets face it, if your in the bitcoin mining world, bitmain sort of crushed the competition.  The logistics and capabilities that company have far exceed any capabilities KNC, and Bitfury have of keeping up...  Spoondoolies is gone, and everything else is gone.

I don't think even with a huge price jump that you would be extremely profitable.  Your best way as a home miner to make money is, buy direct from Bitmain, mine for 2 months at high profits, then sell the miner for 90% of cost, and make money by reselling.  That's about your best bet.

I don't know why I said, "KnC."  I meant to say, "Bitfury."  I had a brain fart.  lol

Shhhhhh about the selling after a couple of months.   Grin  I will have my trigger finger ready on selling mine rather quickly like I did all of my other rigs if the difficulty gets outrageous while BTC price remains low.

I suppose it's still a slim chance I could be moving to Washington State.  If I do, it may be in December or January.  I'm just kind of straddling the fence at the moment about Washington State.  It is quite a gamble.  I may end up increasing my power at the house to 400 or 500 amps and stay here instead of moving to Washington State.  Just hard to say at the moment.  I have many options to consider.  I really like the sound of the E-Cig stores as well while mining.

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 02:25:02 AM

See. dumbward?  I told you you'd never make the move to Washington!  Could it be you are finally getting some sense into your head about Bitcoin mining?  Profits are going in one direction - DOWN.  The more money you piss away buying miners, the more you will lose.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 06:49:19 AM

Spoondoolies is done. so don't worry about them adding hashrate.  KNC has a ton of overhead and isn't as competitive anymore.  They produced solar on 16nm fin 2 process, but at a huge costs for tapeout and being an early adapter.  Sure they are private and have huge efficiency but take a look at how small there total hashrate is... Its tiny.  4% of the network for KNC... We have more than that and our company is a fraction of the capital investments.  I would agree we're at about .05 cents all in including cooling and overhead.  Lets face it, if your in the bitcoin mining world, bitmain sort of crushed the competition.  The logistics and capabilities that company have far exceed any capabilities KNC, and Bitfury have of keeping up...  Spoondoolies is gone, and everything else is gone.

I don't think even with a huge price jump that you would be extremely profitable.  Your best way as a home miner to make money is, buy direct from Bitmain, mine for 2 months at high profits, then sell the miner for 90% of cost, and make money by reselling.  That's about your best bet.

I don't know why I said, "KnC."  I meant to say, "Bitfury."  I had a brain fart.  lol

Shhhhhh about the selling after a couple of months.   Grin  I will have my trigger finger ready on selling mine rather quickly like I did all of my other rigs if the difficulty gets outrageous while BTC price remains low.

I suppose it's still a slim chance I could be moving to Washington State.  If I do, it may be in December or January.  I'm just kind of straddling the fence at the moment about Washington State.  It is quite a gamble.  I may end up increasing my power at the house to 400 or 500 amps and stay here instead of moving to Washington State.  Just hard to say at the moment.  I have many options to consider.  I really like the sound of the E-Cig stores as well while mining.

I was hoping to see someone move westward and document it.   But I can understand why it would be hard to do.

It is hard justify it when you look at all the costs.  But I still hope someone does it and documents it all.
Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 05:37:30 PM

I was hoping to see someone move westward and document it.   But I can understand why it would be hard to do.

It is hard justify it when you look at all the costs.  But I still hope someone does it and documents it all.

What do you want to know?  I went westward almost 3 years ago and we are still growing.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 08:40:13 PM

What do you want to know?  I went westward almost 3 years ago and we are still growing.

I was wanting to know price of some things.  Like are you doing it in your house? Warehouse?   What was start up costs?  Current electricity rate?

Those to begin with.  I just want to see ROI math with going there with miners.
busyviable

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 01:56:23 AM

Whoa! Great job on this, looking forward to further developments!
Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 05:32:33 AM

I was wanting to know price of some things.  Like are you doing it in your house? Warehouse?   What was start up costs?  Current electricity rate?

Those to begin with.  I just want to see ROI math with going there with miners.

Warehouse that we have a long-term lease on.  We have done hundreds of thousands in improvements.   I would say expect a minimum 150-250K start-up to do your build-out.  Electrical and Cooling are your largest single expenses.  People cut corners here so I assume someone will say that is too much.  But those people also are not planning for the future, summer time and usually will put customers equipment at risk for thermal damage.   We are building a data-center and is good for more that just Bitcoin mining.     0.023 per Kw/h.       

Kamino

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 01:46:32 PM

I would also like to know. From reading other threads it looks like customers miners are going offline and they are not responding to their emails or posting on here but their website is still up. Are these people still in business?
Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 06:43:54 PM

I would also like to know. From reading other threads it looks like customers miners are going offline and they are not responding to their emails or posting on here but their website is still up. Are these people still in business?

They may still be but over time the market will filter them out. 

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:34:10 PM

They may still be but over time the market will filter them out. 

I just find it odd they went silent.  Seems like they spent a lot to just stop and give up.   (unless they happen to found a whale and selling space to big buyers).

They had some problems it sounded like.  But I would think they would still be fighting for business.  Just odd to see them go silent and not talk about it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: