Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:04:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Definitive proof the owner of pbmining is a scammer  (Read 15982 times)
Pinchloaf

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 06:13:53 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2014, 06:27:47 PM by Pinchloaf

Check out grmining.com looks very similar to pbmining setup in name and site, Could it be the same guy?  either way i would avoid it looks to be another scam to me.  Thoughts?

The offer 5 year contracts but only have the site paid up for 1 year.....?   At least PB  paid for the site for the lenth of the contract they offer. LOL

Important Dates
Expires On   August 02, 2015
Registered On   August 02, 2014
Updated On   September 12, 2014
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:38:22 PM

Also why Sask? That seemed a bit unusual to me too. Surely if you were going to run a "cloud-mining" company you would want to be in a major hub where high speed internet is available. Such as Toronto. Sask is too remote in my opinion.
LOL... There's some reasons you might not want to run a mining farm in Saskatchewan, but lack of high speed internet is not one of them.
EyesWideOpen

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 03:38:20 AM

What kind of journalist are you?

freelance photojournalist and owner of a news agency, regularly published in the UK national press and in Europe syndicating content via DPA.

clippings:
http://rgspix.com/RAGS.htm

Huge difference between a journalist and a stringer photographer, IMO.
Fyi, your website won't load properly. Can't view any of your tearsheets.

you haven't a clue mate, i do quite well in all of my businesses.
regards,
Clue of what, mate?
Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to pick on you. But I do get tired when every Tom, Dick and Ahmad are all journalists on this board. And when you get snarky, I tend to respond in kind, mate.
Perryl

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 04:36:53 PM

Also why Sask? That seemed a bit unusual to me too. Surely if you were going to run a "cloud-mining" company you would want to be in a major hub where high speed internet is available. Such as Toronto. Sask is too remote in my opinion.
LOL... There's some reasons you might not want to run a mining farm in Saskatchewan, but lack of high speed internet is not one of them.

I'd be annoyed as a residential customer in Sask.

I don't think a company operating hundreds - thousands of machines would be happy without high speed internet.

Why wouldn't high speed internet be required for several ph of hashing?
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 04:41:28 PM

Nope, you could do it over a cellular connection if need be. Look up stratum protocol.
What is needed for several PH of hashing is several PH worth of equipment though Smiley
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 04:45:38 PM

I'd be annoyed as a residential customer in Sask.

I don't think a company operating hundreds - thousands of machines would be happy without high speed internet.

Not sure where you're getting that. SaskTel was the first TelCo in Canada to offer commercial ADSL in 1996, and one of the first to offer FTTH.
My home internet connection is 100/20Mbps down/up, and I've had it for a year. It might not be 10G SONET, but even that would be more than enough for any size farm. With Stratum, bandwidth really isn't as important as having multiple redundant connections with different carriers.
Perryl

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 05:35:53 PM

Interesting, I'm pretty new to all of this, obviously. I figured internet connection would be more important than that, good to know it isn't, I'm interested in buying hardware. 

I didn't know that about Sasktel either. I guess it's just a natural assumption that Sask is a 100 years behind places like Ontario.

Cloudmining makes sense to me, but I don't understand why companies like OVH are renting out servers instead of building massive asic farms if it can be profitable. Surely big providers would have been the first to run massive datacenters. If cloudmining is not profitable, and hardware mining is obsolete before the truck delivers your asic. Is there any way to mine BTC profitably anymore?

Sometimes I want to shoot myself for looking at this in 2011 and saying it would go nowhere.
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 06:05:35 PM

I didn't know that about Sasktel either. I guess it's just a natural assumption that Sask is a 100 years behind places like Ontario.
LOL... And that's why everyone else thinks people from Toronto are a bunch of pretentious pricks. Wink
Perryl

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 06:07:49 PM

LOL... And that's why everyone else thinks people from Toronto are a bunch of pretentious pricks. Wink

Haha, I can't even disagree.
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 06:40:39 PM

But I do get tired when every Tom, Dick and Ahmad are all journalists on this board.

Oh all the Faux News writers congregate in alt land.  Roll Eyes

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 10:58:15 AM

He wouldnt be the first scammer thats fully doxxed yet, got away with it. Its not like ive seen Alberto Armandi in jail yet.
JohnnyBTC

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 03:35:13 PM

Hello,
Some time have passed now and I was wondering if anyone had had any return on complaint of any kind or any news about this scam (I remember some people said they were Canada based and Pbmining clients maybe they were able to obtain something) ?

theres also talk of hiring hitmen to go and 'teach him his last lesson" would like an update on that as well

clarkjhaley13

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:21:12 PM

As someone who was a advocate for pbmining it is time I must say they are just like all the others and nothing but thieves. Is sad to see but I guess it just goes to show that there are scammers in every little nook and cranny in the crypto world.

PbMining owners need to be held accountable for their actions but from what I have seen this too shall be gotten around in some way.

Beginning to think that Satoshi was just a ring leader for a bunch of intelligent thieves who developed the ultimate scam on the world.

Well I learned my lesson and will never invest in cloud or otherwise mining that I do not personally hold the equipment doing the mining.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 05:34:30 AM

As someone who was a advocate for pbmining it is time I must say they are just like all the others and nothing but thieves. Is sad to see but I guess it just goes to show that there are scammers in every little nook and cranny in the crypto world.

PbMining owners need to be held accountable for their actions but from what I have seen this too shall be gotten around in some way.

Beginning to think that Satoshi was just a ring leader for a bunch of intelligent thieves who developed the ultimate scam on the world.

Well I learned my lesson and will never invest in cloud or otherwise mining that I do not personally hold the equipment doing the mining.

Don't blame bitcoin for your own lack of due diligence. PBMining was called a scam from day one, but people didn't listen.

Buy & Hold
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 12:28:45 AM

Yes if you read some on the internet it has been called a scam pretty soon...  three words, four if you count "probably" in one post surrounded by dozen of others saying everything was going fine, we who lost some or a lot in it have every f**ing right plus a duty to blame this kind of thieves.

Oh, definitely blame Jason, etc. Just don't blame bitcoin. Jason is the problem. Not bitcoin.

Buy & Hold
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 09:34:45 PM

So the end result is the same, but did you know that all this is slowley killing bitcoin lol.

Think about it, if this pbmining fellow wants to horde all the money in the world, and all negative news about bitcoin is scams and we want new users to adopt this coin.

Why would they? They already know this "sunken fallacy" so they dont bother and thus the value of bitcoin goes to zero dying to his own hand.
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 12:25:56 AM

So the end result is the same, but did you know that all this is slowley killing bitcoin lol.

Think about it, if this pbmining fellow wants to horde all the money in the world, and all negative news about bitcoin is scams and we want new users to adopt this coin.

Why would they? They already know this "sunken fallacy" so they dont bother and thus the value of bitcoin goes to zero dying to his own hand.

This is why so many of us speak out so loudly about all the scams going on. Help spread the word about these scams. When you see a new one pop up, help squash it.

Buy & Hold
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 02:40:22 PM

Yes if you read some on the internet it has been called a scam pretty soon...  three words, four if you count "probably" in one post surrounded by dozen of others saying everything was going fine, we who lost some or a lot in it have every f**ing right plus a duty to blame this kind of thieves.

Oh, definitely blame Jason, etc. Just don't blame bitcoin. Jason is the problem. Not bitcoin.

People like "Jason" if he even exists to begin with use this site and bitcoin to promote and do what they do, just look at the members list and at the activity of the very member named Pbmining... it's just huge...

and it definitely will make me stay away from both bitcoins and this site.
Jason definitely exists.. I know he used fake names with the initals "JB" when being interviewed by crypto-news sites, but Jason Boyko is the name registered on his business registration, I don't think he'd lie about that. Plus, it was the name on his Facebook profile before he took it down, after it was publicly linked.
ABitNut

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 09:33:26 AM

Digging up this old thread.

http://pbmining.com/ is "under reconstruction" now. It was still working last week.

siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 09:53:09 AM

Digging up this old thread.

http://pbmining.com/ is "under reconstruction" now. It was still working last week.

Now that they believe everyone has forgotten, they will "restructure" with a "new team" that is totally not comprised of the same individuals that ran the operations before.  Roll Eyes

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄