Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:04:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen when the 21M bitcoin will be minned  (Read 26062 times)
honky1492

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 10:26:20 PM

The commission fee will keep the market up

We will see much sonner, with the block halving every 4 years it wont take long to see... Maybe in 20 years block reward will be much less than fees...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 04:34:38 AM

We will see much sonner, with the block halving every 4 years it wont take long to see... Maybe in 20 years block reward will be much less than fees...

Things will be interesting long before. Already now people add fees for almost no reason at all. Many people desperately wait for the first full blocks and a year later full blocks will be the norm, so to get a transaction through you will have to compete for the space. (Unless, what I wrote some posts above, off chain is standard by next year but never mind Smiley ).

20 years = 5 halfings = 25Ƀ / 2^5 = 0.39Ƀ reward. With no need at all we now have on average 0.2Ƀ in fees per block.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 04:42:48 AM

5 halfings = 25Ƀ / 2^5 = 0.39Ƀ reward.

25 = 32

25 / 32 = 0.78125

25 / 32 != 0.39
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 01:48:51 PM

5 halfings = 25Ƀ / 2^5 = 0.39Ƀ reward.

25 = 32

25 / 32 = 0.78125

25 / 32 != 0.39

Oops. I better don't mention that I studied math Grin
My gut feeling was "ah, 20 years, rewards will be irrelevant by then."
My wrong math supported that less clearly than I had expected due to my off-chain-assumption.

Yeah, I better had not posted that Sad

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
gollum

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 08:07:19 PM

Satoshi is a good mathematician / programmer - but he/they suck at basic economics.
If they had a real economist in their group they would have made the inflation curve of bitcoin much different from what we have today.
I like bitcoin, but I hope we get a new altcoin that is something between gold and fiat in terms of inflation.
Or even better: a coin with unlimited inflation that enables IOU trading over blockchain so that the blockchain don't become an asset for speculation, but rather a tool for trading OTHER assets.
rampalija

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 08:09:15 PM

Satoshi is a good mathematician / programmer - but he/they suck at basic economics.
If they had a real economist in their group they would have made the inflation curve of bitcoin much different from what we have today.
I like bitcoin, but I hope we get a new altcoin that is something between gold and fiat in terms of inflation.
Or even better: a coin with unlimited inflation that enables IOU trading over blockchain so that the blockchain don't become an asset for speculation, but rather a tool for trading OTHER assets.

Maybe he or they had something else in their mind

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 08:12:23 PM

Precisely.

Like mass hysteria brought on by the thought of riches for every fool and $10,000+ Bitcoin price.

The real global digital currency will be like any other fiat, with massive room for inflation which will take that fiat to zero just like 100% of the fiats before it.

Bitcoin is the bait and switch - everyone has been bated, now we just wait for the switch.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
rampalija

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 12:33:01 PM

Precisely.

Like mass hysteria brought on by the thought of riches for every fool and $10,000+ Bitcoin price.

The real global digital currency will be like any other fiat, with massive room for inflation which will take that fiat to zero just like 100% of the fiats before it.

Bitcoin is the bait and switch - everyone has been bated, now we just wait for the switch.

but when that will gonan happen, noone knows

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 07:02:19 PM

Precisely.

but when that will gonan happen, noone knows

Looking at the macro economic view all this is set to happen by 2015, my guess is September 2015.  The major currencies of the world cannot survive longer than that at the going rate.

So that gives you exactly 22 months to get your shit together.  Good luck!

Radelderth

Activity: 202

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 02:52:15 AM

The fee might be as close 25 BTC  if the whole world uses it on a daily basis... then we have never ending Bitcoin mining ....

rampalija

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 07:21:54 AM

The fee might be as close 25 BTC  if the whole world uses it on a daily basis... then we have never ending Bitcoin mining ....

than you will loose more than you can get

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 07:39:54 AM

25 coins per block?

Where do you get this from?   Nobody knows what the fee will be.

But don't worry, whatever global currency they choose, it will be like any other fiat before it which means there will be mining forever - this whole limited coins thing is a joke and a game to create higher Bitcoin prices which in turn excite the lemmings so they embrace digital currencies that much faster. 

This is the sad effect of a shit-poor education system in the United States.

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 02:56:57 AM

This has already been done.  See https://ripple.com

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 02:58:43 AM

So that gives you exactly 22 months to get your shit together.  Good luck!

See you then and we will find out exactly who bet on the correct horse.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
leannemckim46

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 04:04:01 AM

Nobody knows what the commission fee will be.

It should be really low unless the whole world treat it as a currency and use it on daily basis.. Otherwise.. its doom for miners...

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 04:20:45 AM

Eventually it will probably not be feasible to use transaction fees to maintain network security and ironically it might have to be government that secures the blockchain.

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/876/how-much-will-transaction-fees-eventually-be/895#895
paulus51

Activity: 616
Merit: 321

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 02:38:15 PM

ontopic :

the system gets  a reboot ?  Cheesy
rampalija

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:28:05 PM