Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:06:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Trade-Up Program - I have seen the light !  (Read 5503 times)
KyleH

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 02:16:29 PM

Just got a response from Jody.  You have to put up 50% of the cost, the other 50% can be trade in.

I understand how you are confused. This whole thing has not been explained in detail. If it were a straight trade of old equipment for new our business would fold in a week. Here's how it works: if you buy $599 worth of BFL product--say 4 Jalapenos, you are eligible to send in a Single to exchange for 4 more Jalapenos. You must buy something to be eligible to trade something of equal value. And you don't have to send in your old equipment when you pay for the new--you send it in when you are notified that your ASIC equipment is ready to ship. Does this make sense to you?

Jody

I don't know if I believe this post since on the BFL press release it says very clearly ---

"Because our first and second generation equipment is expected to be outpaced very quickly by the new hardware, customers who have purchased earlier generation products will be able to trade them in at 100% of their value toward the purchase of SC-generation hardware."

It would be nice if BFL would come here and explain this in their own words rather than hear it from a 3rd party.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 02:18:37 PM

Just got a response from Jody.  You have to put up 50% of the cost, the other 50% can be trade in.

I understand how you are confused. This whole thing has not been explained in detail. If it were a straight trade of old equipment for new our business would fold in a week. Here's how it works: if you buy $599 worth of BFL product--say 4 Jalapenos, you are eligible to send in a Single to exchange for 4 more Jalapenos. You must buy something to be eligible to trade something of equal value. And you don't have to send in your old equipment when you pay for the new--you send it in when you are notified that your ASIC equipment is ready to ship. Does this make sense to you?

Jody

I don't know if I believe this post since on the BFL press release it says very clearly ---

"Because our first and second generation equipment is expected to be outpaced very quickly by the new hardware, customers who have purchased earlier generation products will be able to trade them in at 100% of their value toward the purchase of SC-generation hardware."

It would be nice if BFL would come here and explain this in their own words rather than hear it from a 3rd party.

The quote from "Jody" is their own words, she is an employee of BFL.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 02:22:10 PM

Jody

Just like Matthew said : people stupid, money a lot, come quick.

DO you really think they could survive the ASIC fabrication without getting ANY new money from customers if the trade in was 1:1 ?

DO you really think ASIC is free ? You must think $ 1 000 000 = free for BFL ? Maybe BFL are the FED and can print money for free from China too !

Stop the trolling it is basically a 50% trade in. Forces everybody to double their investment if they wanna stay in the game.

All singles value is now $300 or less ...
KyleH

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 02:45:24 PM

I see, so I should just believe the 3 or 4 people on here that love to slam this company and could have easily set up a fake quote from a BFL employee rather than believe the actual press release given by the company itself.  Sure.  Wink

bulanula

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 02:48:23 PM

I see, so I should just believe the 3 or 4 people on here that love to slam this company and could have easily set up a fake quote from a BFL employee rather than believe the actual press release given by the company itself.  Sure.  Wink

I like to bash BFL ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60586.msg975270#msg975270

Sure, I liked but you can say I too have seen the light like my buddy bitlane Cheesy
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 02:52:56 PM

do we really need enrich a company to build this thing ?
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 02:57:20 PM

Jody

The two quotes are perfectly consistent. Under the 50% trade-in plan, you would be able to exchange earlier generation products at 100% of their value. But in order to do this you have to buy some new hardware too. So, if you buy four of the cup-warmers for $600, this gives you the option to get four more by trading in a single. By exchanging four cup-warmers for a single, you are exchanging the single at 100% of its value. So there is no reason to question the first quote in light of the second.  
KyleH

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:08:14 PM

Jody

The two quotes are perfectly consistent. Under the 50% trade-in plan, you would be able to exchange earlier generation products at 100% of their value. But in order to do this you have to buy some new hardware too. So, if you buy four of the cup-warmers for $600, this gives you the option to get four more by trading in a single. By exchanging four cup-warmers for a single, you are exchanging the single at 100% of its value. So there is no reason to question the first quote in light of the second.  

You could be correct but I think I will wait from a response from BFL Engineer or until they update their site w/ the relevant info unless someone can point me to the thread where Jody has stated this. Even then I don't think I'll believe it until BFL gives an actual response to this trade in program allegation. I don't really care anyway, the trade in program won't affect me at all.
yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:12:00 PM

Jody

This will cause a very interesting second market to develop for singles.  Many big hitters will assign a certain price they are willing to pay for singles simply for the trade-in credit.  It will certainly be a discount, but not a massive one.  They will be treated as units of barter, and no longer as mining devices......should be fascinating to watch! 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:14:03 PM

You could be correct but I think I will wait from a response from BFL Engineer or until they update their site w/ the relevant info unless someone can point me to the thread where Jody has stated this. Even then I don't think I'll believe it until BFL gives an actual response to this trade in program allegation. I don't really care anyway, the trade in program won't affect me at all.

They have been given ample opportunity to reply in public, as I have seen them all online, but they have avoided answering even the questions directed towards them in regards to this trade-up program.

The longer they can keep people 'in the fog' means more orders rolling in, meaning more future UPGRADE MONEY for them to receive from everyone once they sucker everyone in.

They have played their hand quite nicely and avoided the tough questions.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:19:26 PM

Just a little quote to the "miners" who thought that Bitcoin would be their way to get rich quickly:

You don't get rich by digging for gold, you get rich by selling shovels to fools who dig for gold.

nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:20:15 PM

do we really need enrich a company to build this thing ?
Yes, because it requires a HUGE down-payment.
BFL

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2012, 03:24:01 PM

Just got a response from Jody.  You have to put up 50% of the cost, the other 50% can be trade in.

Jody

This will cause a very interesting second market to develop for singles.  Many big hitters will assign a certain price they are willing to pay for singles simply for the trade-in credit.  It will certainly be a discount, but not a massive one.  They will be treated as units of barter, and no longer as mining devices......should be fascinating to watch!  

This is what we imagined in creating the trade in program.  The intent is to ensure anyone who has invested in our hardware is able to get their money back should they decide to upgrade or not.

With regards to the overall question of the trade in policy terms, Jody's response via email inquiry was correct.  We will have the full terms posted imminently, but the breakdown is simple.  You can trade a regular Single in towards the purchase of an SC Single, but you can't trade in two regular singles to get an SC Single.  I know people would rather do that, but it's not a working business model.  

Butterfly Labs  -  www.butterflylabs.com  -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware
bulanula

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:26:29 PM

Jody

This will cause a very interesting second market to develop for singles.  Many big hitters will assign a certain price they are willing to pay for singles simply for the trade-in credit.  It will certainly be a discount, but not a massive one.  They will be treated as units of barter, and no longer as mining devices......should be fascinating to watch! 

This is what we imagined in creating the trade in program.  The intent is to ensure anyone who has invested in our hardware is able to get their money back should they decide to upgrade or not.

With regards to the overall question of the trade in policy terms, Jody's response via email inquiry was correct.  We will have the full terms posted imminently, but the breakdown is simple.  You can trade regular Single in towards the purchase of an SC Single, but you can't trade in two regular singles to get an SC Single.  I know people would rather do that, but it's not a working business model.  

Another win by BFL.

They could have completely screwed their customers and not offer any trade in so value of single with ASIC coming = maybe $10.

Now this basically ensures the value of the single is at least $300 which is excellent for some who are half way through paying off the unit and want to sell right now and stop gambling.
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:28:32 PM

Another win by BFL.

They could have completely screwed their customers and not offer any trade in so value of single with ASIC coming = maybe $10.

Now this basically ensures the value of the single is at least $300 which is excellent for some who are half way through paying off the unit and want to sell right now and stop gambling.
Is your calculator broken?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:29:53 PM

AND THERE WE HAVE IT.....

You can trade a regular Single in towards the purchase of an SC Single, but you can't trade in two regular singles to get an SC Single.  I know people would rather do that, but it's not a working business model.  

bulanula

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:30:28 PM

Another win by BFL.

Is your calculator broken?

Since the trade in value is only 50% not 1:1 so 2 Singles cannot be swapped for a SC single but 1 single + 700 USD = one new SC single ?

Maybe my head is broken Cheesy
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:31:14 PM

You can trade a regular Single in towards the purchase of an SC Single, but you can't trade in two regular singles to get an SC Single.  I know people would rather do that, but it's not a working business model.  
Sweet, are you going to stop raising cain now? The past few days, half of the posts have been you bitching endlessly.

bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:35:01 PM

Sweet, are you going to stop raising cain now? The past few days, half of the posts have been you bitching endlessly.

Tell me that I was right and I will run away and die a happy man.....

rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:35:41 PM

Tell me that I was right and I will run away and die a happy man.....
I never said you were wrong, I was just poking all your OCD buttons yesterday. Grin

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: