Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:53:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Trade-Up Program - I have seen the light !  (Read 5503 times)
RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 07:10:13 AM

Bloody hell Bitlane, get on that ignore list already you gigantic douche.

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Buckwheet

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

Green Mining 85% Cheaper

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 01:26:58 PM

I am somewhat concerned by this since I have a large order of singles that still have not been shipped to me. Basically it means in order to stay competitive the investment I had secured needed to be 50% larger then what I got. My order is not scheduled to arrive until late July or early August and that is only 2-3 months from when the ASIC product would come out.

With all things staying even that is like $100 a month per single without any kind of power costs taken into account. So while I guess you would maybe pay off half of the single if you did nothing but sell the coins to pay yourself back, you would still be $300 per single short of replacing them with the ASIC product.

Of course that is also if they ship in October, the price and difficulty stay the same, and there is a reasonable turn around time from when you order and turn off the singles and ship them to BFL before you get your replacement hardware. It would be pretty horrible if you order, and then turn off the singles/mini rigs you have to only wait 2 months or more to get the new ASIC.

I think if you could secure your order with a credit card they would ship you the entire shipment of ASIC products and once you get them you could send back the singles/rigs for a refund to the card. Maybe I missed it but it seems this trade in policy seems more clunky then it should be.

Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 01:48:09 PM

I am somewhat concerned by this since I have a large order of singles that still have not been shipped to me. Basically it means in order to stay competitive the investment I had secured needed to be 50% larger then what I got. My order is not scheduled to arrive until late July or early August and that is only 2-3 months from when the ASIC product would come out.

With all things staying even that is like $100 a month per single without any kind of power costs taken into account. So while I guess you would maybe pay off half of the single if you did nothing but sell the coins to pay yourself back, you would still be $300 per single short of replacing them with the ASIC product.

Of course that is also if they ship in October, the price and difficulty stay the same, and there is a reasonable turn around time from when you order and turn off the singles and ship them to BFL before you get your replacement hardware. It would be pretty horrible if you order, and then turn off the singles/mini rigs you have to only wait 2 months or more to get the new ASIC.

I think if you could secure your order with a credit card they would ship you the entire shipment of ASIC products and once you get them you could send back the singles/rigs for a refund to the card. Maybe I missed it but it seems this trade in policy seems more clunky then it should be.

Personally I wouldn't be too worried. Most likely they will ship ASICs much later than October, and you can use your singles until they are ready to ship your ASIC order (at least that's what they have said). And if you don't have the $ to exchange all your singles, you shouldn't have any trouble selling some of your singles to raise cash. The singles should hold their value since they are good for a $599 credit toward the purchase of ASIC equipment.
Buckwheet

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

Green Mining 85% Cheaper

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 01:55:50 PM

Yeah I am not overly concerned just yet. Just concerned that I had the opportunity to get more cash, but I didn't because I didn't know that I would need the extra to upgrade.

So now I am off to try and find some spare change in the cushions so I can just order the ASIC outright when it hits their site.

Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 06:16:22 PM

So wait....

I can't just trade in either my 50 Singles for a new ASIC Mini-Rig ? or my 2 current Mini-Rigs for a brand new ASIC Mini-Rig ? ...WITHOUT any additional money ?

WTF ? Where's the 100% ! ? ! ?  Roll Eyes

The 100% is once you meet the policy's terms.    Yes you have to purchase more to upgrade but on the traded in singles or whathaveyou, you get 100% of the value of that unit.    I am glad for this clarification and that has now cleared up the last piece I needed to finish my Offering Statement for our IPO.    Regardless of my opinion which many of you have read, this is the reality and either you move forward or not.  I am moving forward and going to try this technology out from BFL.  I hope they have read through many of these debates and realize the influence they have and make it a level playing field for us even though they have the advantage on hardware.   Some idea on if they are going to stagger initial orders so let us have a smooth roll-out and ramp up, would be really helpful to all the miners out there.   Thanks

Dalkore

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 12:30:52 PM

Can i pay AND ship my singles once the sc's are ready?

hotdealdave

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 04:12:57 PM

My fellow farmers and workers, we all should agree that companies like BFL should be doing all their R&D and labor out of the goodness of their hearts, rather than making any profit. Such is the will of the dialectic, comrades!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: