Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 11:24:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Louisd’or(codename)- first anonymous PoS, CN-based currency (technical review)  (Read 22133 times)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 4966

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 07:24:20 PM

BTW: we still have some 4-5 BTC for people who'll find a flaws!

Zoidberg

"BTW: we still have some 4-5 BTC for people who'll find a flaws!"

should read

"BTW: We still have 4-5 BTC for anyone who finds flaws!"

That'll be 4-5 BTC please.

18YJ3QPWA6XgDLMTfQ8ov6sJXUoSxNcpBw

LOL, I think your post was lost in the translation! Tongue

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
jackfruit

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 08:45:21 PM

watching closely  Wink
kennyP

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 08:38:39 AM

any ETA on this very exciting project? Funding ... ICO?
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 01:09:05 PM

Boolberry, Louisd'or
You're a good dev but not at finding names...
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 01:15:29 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 02:48:29 PM by crypto_zoidberg

Boolberry, Louisd'or
You're a good dev but not at finding names...

I could agree with you, but "Louisd'or" is just a codename, and it was chosen by different team, as i said - i do this project for my friends, but i responsible only for technical stuff here.

Zoidberg

brownmon

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 08:02:17 AM

Boolberry's a great name.  Not sure about Louis d'Or yet.

Zoidberg, who are your friends and why are they wanting you to make this coin?
KLONE

Activity: 264

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 09:01:52 AM

what's the point of this announcement thread if you don't answer genuine questions, or provide any real information? is this part of a game you're playing?

details zoidberg, please
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1107

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 03:23:06 PM

what's the point of this announcement thread if you don't answer genuine questions, or provide any real information? is this part of a game you're playing?

details zoidberg, please

There's a link to a short whitepaper and the source code in the first post. How much more details do you want besides the source code? He asks people to help test by compiling and running it as well as reading through the source to find bugs.
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 04:13:19 PM

Boolberry's a great name.  Not sure about Louis d'Or yet.

Zoidberg, who are your friends and why are they wanting you to make this coin?

All i can say that this is group of enthusiastic people, who spent about 2 years learning crypto-currencies and actually have strong marketing and economics background.
As is see - with this project they want to build currency as a friendly and clear product, that will be close to fiat money as well. I actually can't reveal more detalis atm - keep watching.

Zoidberg

rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 05:15:52 PM

Here is a name you might want to use:-

Leonis [LEO]

(it means The Lion).

doe1138

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 02:21:05 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 03:46:44 PM by doe1138

Hello everybody!

We want to post some updates on our protocol. Your comments are very welcome. Please, read the pdf first (the part about PoS).

- The kernel structure now includes last_pow_hash and last_pos_hash: blockID of the last PoW block and kernel hash of the last PoS block respectively. By that we create the true chain of blocks. In PPC you can use your winning output whenever you want (within timestamp boundaries), because kernel does not depend of the prevous block (unlike PoW mining, where block header includes prev_id). Even use it twice (if a chain fork occurs). Our protocol prevents it, making PoS mining more like PoW (but energy-efficient).

- StakeModifier (a part of the kernel) is recalculated on each PoW block as follows: StakeModifier on height h is equal to keccak(H20,H720), where H20 is the proof_hash of the block on height h-20 (20 blocks ago) and H720 is the proof_hash of the block on height h-720. proof_hash is blockID (for PoW) or kernel-hash (for PoS). Now StakeModifier is known in advance, 20 blocks ahead. But due to the first change an attacker can't predict his chances of creating consecutive chain of PoS blocks: he doesn't know pow_hash.

- Timestamp boundaries become more narrow. Timestamp must be greater than the median of the last 20 blocks (each block appears ~every 2 min, so the median is t minus 20 minutes). And it shouldn't be greater than t+20 minutes, where t is the current local time of a node. The first rule is a mandatory one (we check it while verifying the blockchain), and the second is a default local node policy (we can not check it for blockchain in the past). This change is intended to decrease the power of PoS exhaustive search and make timestamps more consistent.

Any questions, please?

merkalor

Activity: 177

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 03:50:53 AM

I suggest Umbrae or Umbra http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/umbrae
It's latin that's mean shadow

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
sonoIO

Activity: 209

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 11:19:13 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2014, 10:16:16 AM by sonoIO

Any questions, please?

Hi doe1138,

I was wondering if it is possible to implement a similar penalization trick you use to keep POW-POS at 50-50%, slightly increased for each node? For example, if each node (POW or POS) is penalized e.g. 20% after finding a block (20%*20% after second etc) i suppose it would decease the chance of 51% attack of any node, and also it would keep POW mining pools "optimal" hashing power some below 50% (while not practically affecting small POW/POS miners).
doe1138

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 02:17:18 PM

I was wondering if it is possible to implement a similar penalization trick you use to keep POW-POS at 50-50%, slightly increased for each node? For example, if each node (POW or POS) is penalized e.g. 20% after finding a block (20%*20% after second etc) i suppose it would decease the chance of 51% attack of any node, and also it would keep POW mining pools "optimal" hashing power some below 50% (while not practically affecting small POW/POS miners).

I doubt it is possible. How a PoW node can be penalized? Any miner can just restart with another wallet after finding a block.

PoS mining is already penalized, in a manner of speaking. The "winning" output cannot be used in PoS mining again immediately: the funds must remain untouched for at least 1 day. But it doesn't affect the other outputs: their probabilities of winning are independent (like for several different PoW miners).
sonoIO

Activity: 209

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 11:20:53 PM

I doubt it is possible. How a PoW node can be penalized? Any miner can just restart with another wallet after finding a block.

PoS mining is already penalized, in a manner of speaking. The "winning" output cannot be used in PoS mining again immediately: the funds must remain untouched for at least 1 day. But it doesn't affect the other outputs: their probabilities of winning are independent (like for several different PoW miners).

Thank you for your answer on my ignorant question Smiley
BlackShibe1

Activity: 260

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 12:32:09 AM

Ombre = shadow in french
Sombre = dark

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 12:54:36 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2014, 01:13:42 AM by EmilioMann

hey dev, choose a good name for this coin.
Nothing like Blooberry or anything this type, please.
Choose a name that refers to anonymity or hacktivism
Also do not choose the word shadow or dark in any other language, already there are shitcoins with that name.
Is there any prediction for the launch?
And beware with members from shadowcoin community, wanting to steal your ideas, they've done it with several coins and after that get what they want, often try to destroy them with fud and troll.
merkalor

Activity: 177

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 02:23:55 PM

Louis Berry?  Grin

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
jertsy

Activity: 341

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 02:39:31 PM

hey dev, choose a good name for this coin.
Nothing like Blooberry or anything this type, please.
Choose a name that refers to anonymity or hacktivism
Also do not choose the word shadow or dark in any other language, already there are shitcoins with that name.
Is there any prediction for the launch?
And beware with members from shadowcoin community, wanting to steal your ideas, they've done it with several coins and after that get what they want, often try to destroy them with fud and troll.

I think if Blooberry had been given a better name it might be considerably more popular now.

najzenmajsen

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 02:48:14 PM

Good thing that we have a senior member making the coin , less risk for scam , good luck with the coin mate! wish you best of luck.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: