Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:55:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Closed] Legendaries review party of Spondoolies-Tech's SP20  (Read 19050 times)
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:44:19 PM

Thanks everyone again for the help! I almost had the network admin to come along to help, LOL.

Lucky, if my network admin saw me running a miner on the network at work I'd be up for the chop Shocked

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:46:32 PM

With the review can we have also some photos of the SP20 ? Or is it not possible ?  Cheesy .
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:47:36 PM

With the review can we have also some photos of the SP20 ? Or is it not possible ?  Cheesy .

I think they are going to do their own threads

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:49:55 PM

Yeah,

I have them, some photos, and some data at mostly full speed (stock configuration), need to do some low power tweaking, but it will take a day or two more.

spiccioli
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:51:28 PM

Oh yes , you are right. I've find this thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=872014.0  with some photos and a great review.
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 08:49:16 PM

all heros must be really unhappy now Smiley

raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 08:54:32 PM

folks, a little guide to help you get the most out of your SP20 mining for the next few days (sorry if i'm trying to teach granny to suck eggs, but i've been asked by users who own SP20's)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=894826.msg9849580#msg9849580

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 11:47:34 PM

First impressions and a few photos of my Sp20

spiccioli
wh00per

Activity: 571

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 12:28:43 AM

Got mine as well, took me 3 minutes and 46 seconds to set it up, including unboxing, unpackaging PSUs, jumping them, configuring the miner status, and then running. Pretty happy with that so far. I didn't do anything with IP/Mac Addresses, I just plugged it in and went to myminer.io

edit* about as loud as a low powered vacuum cleaner. However I haven't tinkered with the fan settings or anything else yet, its just been running at 80% fan. Like most asics I suppose at stock settings, its fine if you have a basement or a room out of the way, but I probably wouldn't put it in a living space.

I could not expect less from ishmael Smiley after some nuclear power plants study, this is "vacation time".

CSA/cUL Certified Power Distribution Panels - Basic, Switched, Metered. 1-3 phases. Up to 600V. NMC:N4F9qvHz11BHcc4nh1LCJFsrZhA1EWgVwj
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 12:36:27 AM

PS: Any ideas on how to get the WAN address showing? I'm still manually connecting to it directly as it never shows on myminer.io. Anyhow, I'm really happy with it (1.6TH/s stable). It managed to crash completely twice during the day (in which there was no connection to the IP and I had to restart it manually), but that's probably due to overheating. First impressions and reviews/pics will come tomorrow after I let it run a complete night.
wh00per

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 01:06:24 AM

PS: Any ideas on how to get the WAN address showing? I'm still manually connecting to it directly as it never shows on myminer.io. Anyhow, I'm really happy with it (1.6TH/s stable). It managed to crash completely twice during the day (in which there was no connection to the IP and I had to restart it manually), but that's probably due to overheating. First impressions and reviews/pics will come tomorrow after I let it run a complete night.

The units report back "home" if in the settings tab you have that option checked (it's on by default though). Then the myminer.io gets updated ..

Note: myminer.io does not list your miner if:
1. the miner does not see the net (i.e. you mine on your local p2pool node or similar)
2. if the register option is off (settings tab, at the bottom)
3. your PC and the miners are in different subnets

Make sure the miners get their time right (ntp), and have a consistent pool connection.

CSA/cUL Certified Power Distribution Panels - Basic, Switched, Metered. 1-3 phases. Up to 600V. NMC:N4F9qvHz11BHcc4nh1LCJFsrZhA1EWgVwj
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 01:49:18 AM

The units report back "home" if in the settings tab you have that option checked (it's on by default though). Then the myminer.io gets updated ..

1. the miner does not see the net (i.e. you mine on your local p2pool node or similar)

Make sure the miners get their time right (ntp), and have a consistent pool connection.

What ports does the SP20 talk to myminer.io on?

wh00per

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 02:02:17 AM

What ports does the SP20 talk to myminer.io on?

Should be on 80 .. It's a curl call in CRON to a SAILS framework located at http://pnp.spondoolies-tech.com ... see /etc/cron.d/pandp_register.sh.

jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 02:22:07 AM

Hello!

Just received my sp20, I have it hashing away at default settings.  
Using 2 SS 650's golds.  
pulling 1017 watts at the wall
1.54 Th/s    1.45 Th/s

couple of things i noticed..

my webmonitor not working out of the box, the api returns are different then my ants
someone said loud as a vacuum.. that is exactly the noise it makes Smiley

will let it run for 24 hours then begin my report.

Jim

edit:  are we suppose to just post here? start a new thread?

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
wh00per

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 02:33:16 AM

Hello!

Just received my sp20, I have it hashing away at default settings.  
Using 2 SS 650's golds.  
pulling 1017 watts at the wall
1.54 Th/s    1.45 Th/s

couple of things i noticed..

my webmonitor not working out of the box, the api returns are different then my ants
someone said loud as a vacuum.. that is exactly the noise it makes Smiley

will let it run for 24 hours then begin my report.

Jim

edit:  are we suppose to just post here? start a new thread?

I'd start a new thread for your review .. The units are running cgminer 4.7.0, optimized for the SPT units by ckolivas. Are your ants running something different?
By default the api is accessible from localhost only. You have to modify cgminer.conf if you want it enabled over the lan.

Please remember that the firmware was ported from the data-center ready units (SP3x) where lan api access was deemed a security risk, since you can modify the configuration and repoint the miners to different pools with it. In a hosted environment with ssh access, that's neat huh?

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 02:43:53 AM

It might be case 3, as I'm on an extremely big network. Any other way to determine its address? I remember reading somewhere that I can ssh to it, and after trying it indeed accepts ssh access. It doesn't really accept the password I set using the Web UI though, is there a specific username/command I should use?

I used "SSH admin@(the ip)", and I imputed  the password afterwards.
wh00per

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 02:49:45 AM

the default ssh credentials are root/root .. while the default UI credentials are different .. admin/admin

Later Edit: you can should change both passwords in the settings tab.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 02:53:31 AM

the default ssh credentials are root/root .. while the default UI credentials are different .. admin/admin
Awesome, thanks again! Cheesy *john writes this hint down for the upcoming review*
Any suggestions on how would I find its external IP given SSH access? I guess I could always send a ping or something from it to a vps I own, but that's kinda convoluted.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 02:57:39 AM

Awesome, thanks again! Cheesy *john writes this hint down for the upcoming review*
Any suggestions on how would I find its external IP given SSH access? I guess I could always send a ping or something from it to a vps I own, but that's kinda convoluted.

I did a 'curl ifconfig.me' and that worked. Cheesy
wh00per

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 02:59:28 AM

or this :: curl -s --head http://myexternalip.com/ | awk '/External-Ip/{print $2}'

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: