Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:12:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Closed] Legendaries review party of Spondoolies-Tech's SP20  (Read 19051 times)
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:01:43 PM

Nah, no access to that. Sad I was wondering if it will give a login page if I manage to find its IP? I found (what I think is) its MAC address using wireshark, and have given it access to the network, but none of the IP's seem to give any access at all to the control interface. myminer.io is empty as always...

Yes, if you hit the right IP address with a web browser it will prompt you for username/password.

Buy & Hold

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wpgdeez

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:02:38 PM

Thanks guys, but I'm trying to connect this to a workspace network that requires me to add the MAC address of it to work, and I don't see it despite being being connected to the same network. (probably because the router rejects its connection). I tried connecting the LAN cable to my laptop directly, but I can't seem to find it either.... any ideas?

Tried, but it's still not showing up on the myminer.io page. I've bought a router off Amazon with 1 day shipping. Cry

John,

I work somewhere that limits access to the dhcp system via mac addresses, surely there will be logs showing the SP20 trying to connect and being rejected. Unless you don't have access to that system.

The SP20 is setup differently to other miners in that it needs DHCP to get its IP address, some others like the Bitmain kit comes with a preset IP address, which requires a different set of hoops to jump through Smiley

Nah, no access to that. Sad I was wondering if it will give a login page if I manage to find its IP? I found (what I think is) its MAC address using wireshark, and have given it access to the network, but none of the IP's seem to give any access at all to the control interface. myminer.io is empty as always...
Can you get to the Myminer.io page at all or page can't be found? Perhaps you have some web content filtering of proxy action happening at the perimeter.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:03:45 PM

Thanks guys, but I'm trying to connect this to a workspace network that requires me to add the MAC address of it to work, and I don't see it despite being being connected to the same network. (probably because the router rejects its connection). I tried connecting the LAN cable to my laptop directly, but I can't seem to find it either.... any ideas?

Tried, but it's still not showing up on the myminer.io page. I've bought a router off Amazon with 1 day shipping. Cry

John,

I work somewhere that limits access to the dhcp system via mac addresses, surely there will be logs showing the SP20 trying to connect and being rejected. Unless you don't have access to that system.

The SP20 is setup differently to other miners in that it needs DHCP to get its IP address, some others like the Bitmain kit comes with a preset IP address, which requires a different set of hoops to jump through Smiley

Can you get to the Myminer.io page at all or page can't be found? Perhaps you have some web content filtering of proxy action happening at the perimeter.

Yes, I can get to it but the page is empty as usual. (with the title etc in tact of course)

Yes, if you hit the right IP address with a web browser it will prompt you for username/password.

Okay, I'll keep on trying!
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:04:09 PM

get it powered up and rent it out. i'm on track to make 10BTC this week alone (8.6TH/s)
Pardon ? How does 8.6 TH/s net you 10BTC in one week ?!

some new cult has been launched and they've attached an altcoin to it. they are all going mad to rent rigs on the rental sites.
What site are you using to rent out your rig?

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:05:28 PM

get it powered up and rent it out. i'm on track to make 10BTC this week alone (8.6TH/s)
Pardon ? How does 8.6 TH/s net you 10BTC in one week ?!

some new cult has been launched and they've attached an altcoin to it. they are all going mad to rent rigs on the rental sites.
What site are you using to rent out your rig?

got some on betarigs and some on nicehash.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
wh00per

Activity: 571

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:06:04 PM

LOL. I paperclipped it wrong. It was actually getting a little power, but not enough. Now it's booting up for real.

include that in your review Grin

CSA/cUL Certified Power Distribution Panels - Basic, Switched, Metered. 1-3 phases. Up to 600V. NMC:N4F9qvHz11BHcc4nh1LCJFsrZhA1EWgVwj
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:11:10 PM

John,

Yes, I can get to it but the page is empty as usual. (with the title etc in tact of course)

And I give up. I'll wait till I get the router tomorrow. Cry
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:13:45 PM

John,

Without an IP assigned to it it wont' respond, you need a DHCP server running to have an IP address assigned to it.

spiccioli
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:17:25 PM

John,

Without an IP assigned to it it wont' respond, you need a DHCP server running to have an IP address assigned to it.

spiccioli

I thought I got the actual MAC (probably not) of the miner by doing the wireshark trick and whitelisted it, but apparently it's not the MAC here as I couldn't connect to any of the devices on the network via a browser. Anyway, I got a router in the mail - hopefully tomorrow should work!

Thanks again for your help!
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 06:19:17 PM

John,

With Wireshark you can find the DHCP discover message the SP20 initiate.
Get the MAC address from it and ask your workplace system admin to configure the DHCP server to give the miner an IP address.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
wh00per

Activity: 571

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:23:44 PM

I thought I got the actual MAC (probably not) of the miner by doing the wireshark trick and whitelisted it, but apparently it's not the MAC here as I couldn't connect to any of the devices on the network via a browser. Anyway, I got a router in the mail - hopefully tomorrow should work!

I'd cancel that router .. but in the meantime, go here >> http://www.dhcpserver.de/cms/

Install that on your laptop. Take 1 cable and connect it between the miner AND YOUR LAPTOP.
You'll get a "mininetwork" with only two items on it. The miner will receive an IP address from that software.

Then you can browse to the miner address and find out the mac address to add it in your office configuration.

You can also set it to a fixed (known) IP address, add the office gateway information, then plug it in the office network.

You don't need the office DHCP server to give you anything. Just "take what you can, give nothing back" .. that's a saying from Pirates of Caribbean ..

CSA/cUL Certified Power Distribution Panels - Basic, Switched, Metered. 1-3 phases. Up to 600V. NMC:N4F9qvHz11BHcc4nh1LCJFsrZhA1EWgVwj
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:42:23 PM

Got mine up and running in low power mode thanks to philipma1957's excellent thread here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=872014.0

Had to run a port scanner on my subnet to locate it's DHCP lease - Located an unknown system with ports 22, 80 and 443 open.

At 40% fan, it was measuring ~80dbA with my American Recorder Technologies SPL-8810 level meter. Too loud to run in a bedroom, so moved it upstairs to replace a Bitfury rig I still had chugging away at 500GH/S.

It's sitting on a circuit with an S3, and both of them combined are pulling ~1150W at the wall.

More later.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:42:50 PM

I'd cancel that router .. but in the meantime, go here >> http://www.dhcpserver.de/cms/

Install that on your laptop. Take 1 cable and connect it between the miner AND YOUR LAPTOP.
You'll get a "mininetwork" with only two items on it. The miner will receive an IP address from that software.

Then you can browse to the miner address and find out the mac address to add it in your office configuration.

You can also set it to a fixed (known) IP address, add the office gateway information, then plug it in the office network.

You don't need the office DHCP server to give you anything. Just "take what you can, give nothing back" .. that's a saying from Pirates of Caribbean ..

Got it running and connected, but how do I check the IP addresses connected to my laptop on the mini network?
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:44:14 PM

John,

With Wireshark you can find the DHCP discover message the SP20 initiate.
Get the MAC address from it and ask your workplace system admin to configure the DHCP server to give the miner an IP address.

Did that, but I'm not sure if the MAC address I got was correct as it doesn't show up on the the network yet although I've whitelisted it.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:44:34 PM

remember you all need to post a new thread for your review  Smiley

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:45:59 PM

remember you all need to post a new thread for your review  Smiley
Yep, official review forthcoming. Posting initial results here in the meantime while putting it through it's paces.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 07:03:45 PM

Got mine up and running in low power mode thanks to philipma1957's excellent thread here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=872014.0

Had to run a port scanner on my subnet to locate it's DHCP lease - Located an unknown system with ports 22, 80 and 443 open.

At 40% fan, it was measuring ~80dbA with my American Recorder Technologies SPL-8810 level meter. Too loud to run in a bedroom, so moved it upstairs to replace a Bitfury rig I still had chugging away at 500GH/S.

It's sitting on a circuit with an S3, and both of them combined are pulling ~1150W at the wall.

More later.

try the asic settings page to see your temps.  

I think you can lower the fan.  those settings (fan at 60) should be giving you temps at 85c  at the chips.  the chips are fine at 105-110c

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:19:35 PM

Got mine as well, took me 3 minutes and 46 seconds to set it up, including unboxing, unpackaging PSUs, jumping them, configuring the miner status, and then running. Pretty happy with that so far. I didn't do anything with IP/Mac Addresses, I just plugged it in and went to myminer.io

edit* about as loud as a low powered vacuum cleaner. However I haven't tinkered with the fan settings or anything else yet, its just been running at 80% fan. Like most asics I suppose at stock settings, its fine if you have a basement or a room out of the way, but I probably wouldn't put it in a living space.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:20:36 PM

Good and bad news. Cheesy
I got it working after noticing that the standard vendor MAC address is Texas Instruments (from Xian01's post up there) and with a combination of Wireshark.

Bad news: My ethernet port is dead, that's why I didn't get the initial connection. The router will have to come tomorrow either way. Cheesy

I'll let it run for a few hours at least, and report back. Right now at 80% it's quite loud.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:35:15 PM

Thanks everyone again for the help! I almost had the network admin to come along to help, LOL.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: