Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:48:39 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to take over a coin  (Read 3963 times)
KidCrypto (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 09:07:56 PM

Hi guys,

I am an experienced developer and instead of cloning another coin and creating yet another alt, I thought it might be easier and make more sense to take over a coin where the dev no longer has time to support.

I have skills in crypto and web development (website, html5 wallets, online exchange work, pools, etc.)

Please do not send me offers to sell me a coin. If there is no one willing to hand off their old project, I will clone a coin instead.

Thanks crypto community!
escalicha

Activity: 658
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 09:08:24 PM

InteresteD!

KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 09:08:37 PM

I wouldn't recommend you do that. Especially now while entire crypto scene is bleeding.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
KidCrypto (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 09:11:06 PM

I wouldn't recommend you do that. Especially now while entire crypto scene is bleeding.

I have development skills that far exceed most of the developers in this industry. I can bring something fresh and innovative to the industry. I am looking for a long term project.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 09:11:54 PM

Here is a decent coin that was abandoned by the developer https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=597006.0 (Black Dragon Coin)

It looks like someone/some team may have picked it up already. Maybe you can work with those guys.
jaipagare

Activity: 514

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 09:12:16 PM

Check BurnerCoin. It has lot of potentials.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=645753.new;topicseen#new

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=701768.200
tomewok

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 09:19:52 PM

Hi guys,

I am an experienced developer and instead of cloning another coin and creating yet another alt, I thought it might be easier and make more sense to take over a coin where the dev no longer has time to support.

I have skills in crypto and web development (website, html5 wallets, online exchange work, pools, etc.)

Please do not send me offers to sell me a coin. If there is no one willing to hand off their old project, I will clone a coin instead.

Thanks crypto community!

Very nice initiative. I'll follow the evolution.  Smiley

PhiCoin was actually a cool coin but seems to be let down by his creator

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=449104.0
minerpools

Activity: 574

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 09:20:41 PM

Well, the market in bear mode, and specially now that people are focused on all those empty promises driven by sheer greed.  
But if you do this, it'll be pretty cool and if you need anything, just let me know, I'll even host a node for free Wink.

KidCrypto (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 09:26:58 PM

Well, the market in bear mode, and specially now that people are focused on all those empty promises driven by sheer greed.  
But if you do this, it'll be pretty cool and if you need anything, just let me know, I'll even host a node for free Wink.

Thanks! Ideally I'm looking for a 0% premine, no ICO, fair launch coin  Smiley
raganius

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 09:30:12 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks crypto community!

I would suggest Animecoin. It's a good idea for a cryptocurrency, IMHO. And it's been abandoned by it's dev long ago. The community love that coin, and it's sad to see it slowly dying.

DenKoma

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 09:38:52 PM

PMd you  Smiley

FindCoin - Anti-scam community-driven coin:
www.findcoin.info
minerpools

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 09:57:31 PM

Thanks! Ideally I'm looking for a 0% premine, no ICO, fair launch coin  Smiley

Oh, good old fair launch POW coins, me likesssss

erwin45hacked
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 10:06:03 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks crypto community!

well it isnt really a one man show, it need some decent team to work one coin Cheesy i hope you get what you are searching for , best of luck
minerpools

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 10:24:54 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks crypto community!

well it isnt really a one man show, it need some decent team to work one coin Cheesy i hope you get what you are searching for , best of luck

+1 you need a team.

Wow, I take it you never recovered your account... Ever get a reply from mods?

KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 09:10:41 AM

I have development skills that far exceed most of the developers in this industry. I can bring something fresh and innovative to the industry. I am looking for a long term project.
So, it has to be a dead coin? Or it could be even a coin which hasn't launched yet? Smiley

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:16:45 AM

Don't touch already failed coins .They failed for a reason. Better focus your skills on a new project.
smalltimer

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:48:50 AM

look at ebt - the community would be seriously greatful to get the coin fixed.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=437660.1800

other than that there are plenty coins that could be taken over. Maybe even corgicoin which will make you rich if you can implement merged mining with doge. Dev seems not have enough time for it but can be contacted.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=444700.1540

If you need more suggestions let me know.

Best is to take over a coin wich has a community. So this guy is not right ->

Don't touch already failed coins .They failed for a reason. Better focus your skills on a new project.

if it has a community it's a good idea to take it over. It's win-win.

Every coin is different and has different history.
SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 10:40:43 AM

there are more than enough abandoned coins which looks for developer

but many of them just won't accept anyone to replace the developers
or investors stopped caring, and become 'haters' and 'bagholders' of the coin. and don't want anything to do with it

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
SmokeJoe

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 10:45:49 AM

Hi guys,

Thanks crypto community!

Check out new coin that was just launched OMG coin / great premise constantly going UP but the dev doesn't have experienced team so you might build one
kennyP

Activity: 544

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 10:46:07 AM

You should look into ORA. Dev just did the bolt, no ICO, and it's going to be a NXT monetary system coin when the MS gets launched.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=620518.msg9695651#msg9695651
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: