Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:08:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who do you think should be the fool to buy Bitcoin from you for 1000$+?  (Read 4731 times)
Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:06:35 PM

I still don't know who's buying btc for 2k$ , 5k$, 10k$

People who don't understand Bitcoin today.
Menschenfeind (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:11:22 PM

looks like a good answer, but i don't think they will invest later because you know. People don't have much money and they feel somehow odd doing that and probably will feel like fools and likely be fools if they did and that's why they won't because their 500$ doesn't even buy them a single coin.
I have doubts average joe wants to buy a lot later to get dust for his money only to make you rich.
cdlsrm

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:11:51 PM

People buy bitcoin because they think they'll be worth millions some day, but who should be the fool buying for 1000$+?
Has this question been answered before?

I have a feeling someone in few years is going to bump this topic just for lolz.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:13:06 PM

Bitcoin is maturing, and is becomming stronger and stronger.

When Bitcoin was just $25 I was thinking why on earth should I buy at $55.. Guess what, I bought at $55.

When Bitcoin was $100 I was thinking why should I buy at $200.. Guess what, I bought at $200.

People who buy at $1000 aren't fools, if the market is mature enough and supply and demand is exactly right, then it's a good buy.
OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:20:44 PM

People will pay as much for 1 BTC (or for 1 mBTC) as they think it's worth when they buy it, this includes actual value (what can you buy with it?) as well as speculative value (how much will it be worth in a year?)
If at one point in time you can get a great smartphone for 25 mBTC then $10k for 1 BTC is not too much, so you will gladly pay $250 for 25mBTC to get your smartphone. If you want to buy a car that's offered for 2 BTC youll probably even buy 2 BTC for $20k.
You will just be a bit mad that you did not buy some BTC when they were less than $400.

Onkel Paul

Menschenfeind (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:27:08 PM

People will pay as much for 1 BTC (or for 1 mBTC) as they think it's worth when they buy it, this includes actual value (what can you buy with it?) as well as speculative value (how much will it be worth in a year?)
If at one point in time you can get a great smartphone for 25 mBTC then $10k for 1 BTC is not too much, so you will gladly pay $250 for 25mBTC to get your smartphone. If you want to buy a car that's offered for 2 BTC youll probably even buy 2 BTC for $20k.
You will just be a bit mad that you did not buy some BTC when they were less than $400.

Onkel Paul

first good answer and shows merchant adoption is actually still good for something. Well, maybe there is hope if the merchants are stupid enough to accept bitcoin as volatile as it is.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:31:23 PM

People buy bitcoin because they think they'll be worth millions some day, but who should be the fool buying for 1000$+?
Has this question been answered before?
Those that are intelligent enough to not want to miss on the true technological revolution and not miss the train at cheap 1K when it will be 10K before this decade ends.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:32:48 PM

looks like a good answer, but i don't think they will invest later because you know. People don't have much money and they feel somehow odd doing that and probably will feel like fools and likely be fools if they did and that's why they won't because their 500$ doesn't even buy them a single coin.
I have doubts average joe wants to buy a lot later to get dust for his money only to make you rich.
For the millionth time you dont need to buy an entire coin. We will be talking in terms of satoshi or mBTC by then.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:45:20 PM

ITT:  People daydream about 10k Bitcoin as the price keeps tanking.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:50:13 PM

Considering the explosive growth in price. One day we may all wish we could buy a whole bitcoin for only $1k. I am not aware of anything that has experienced as much growth.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:52:17 PM

Check out other penny stocks--happens all the time.
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 05:07:28 PM

Did somebody see "Wolf of Wall Street" and thinks he is now a financial expert?

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3441
Merit: 4397

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 05:14:13 PM

Why buying a full Bitcoin while one of the strongest part of crypto is ''smaller units'' Do ppl forget Satoshi/bits so fast?

Pizza guy with his 10k coins? think about it what you can do with that amounth today ore holding youre ''smameless'' 10 coins for 5 years?

NotLambchop

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 05:16:26 PM

Did somebody see "Wolf of Wall Street" and thinks he is now a financial expert?

Probably, though not I.  Interesting question tho.
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 07:52:39 PM

the one who didn't buy when it was 340

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:00:07 PM

I will still be buying when the price is 1000+

Buying with dollars and selling with euros because it is the cheapest way to move money from my US bank to my german bank.

Using bitcoin as an intermediary is not really buying it.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:00:47 PM

Why buying a full Bitcoin while one of the strongest part of crypto is ''smaller units'' Do ppl forget Satoshi/bits so fast?

Pizza guy with his 10k coins? think about it what you can do with that amounth today ore holding youre ''smameless'' 10 coins for 5 years?

Fist bump for that!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:16:19 PM

first good answer and shows merchant adoption is actually still good for something. Well, maybe there is hope if the merchants are stupid enough to accept bitcoin as volatile as it is.
The businesses I have helped LOVE bitcoin now. There is no reason to face any price swings. You could use a payment processor and give up 1% for the service. That's better than the 3% you give up to a credit card. Bitcoin also allows some businesses to capture new markets. Look at this place I know.
http://centraltexasgunworks.com/

They were just another tiny gun store in Texas. They had a website, but no traffic. Then they began taking bitcoin and their online business exploded. The website you see was paid for by profits from bitcoin and they are now primarily an online store. Eventually there will be a lot of online gun shops and they will be back to competing on price, but since they went first they have revenue from people who would have never heard of them.

You can call them stupid if you want. But they are crushing it in bitcoin sales.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
sniveling

Activity: 719
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:35:27 PM

Considering the explosive growth in price. One day we may all wish we could buy a whole bitcoin for only $1k. I am not aware of anything that has experienced as much growth.

If bitcoin's market price is $3000 anyone buying from you for $1000+ would hardly be a fool. You would be the fool for selling them that cheaply.
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:37:36 PM

The businesses I have helped LOVE bitcoin now. There is no reason to face any price swings. You could use a payment processor and give up 1% for the service. That's better than the 3% you give up to a credit card. Bitcoin also allows some businesses to capture new markets. Look at this place I know.
http://centraltexasgunworks.com/ ...

Does the nug store offer a discount for using Bitcoin?  (link pls)

If not, none of my CC charge me the 3% fee you claimed.  

Once again, Bitcoin is more expensive to use than CC Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: