Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 03:42:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who do you think should be the fool to buy Bitcoin from you for 1000$+?  (Read 4731 times)
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 01:15:06 PM

^
Yes, ATM, a US Invention.  Enjoy using our hand-me-down technology Smiley
You still fail to explain why cc are better than atm cards.
I'd love to here that.

ATM cards are nothing but CC without the perks.  They also don't offer you a free month's worth of credit.
In America, we use both Cool
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 01:28:06 PM

^
I'd love to here that.

ATM cards are nothing but CC without the perks.  They also don't offer you a free month's worth of credit.
By perks you mean an extra intermediary, who also charges extra?
We also have a free month's worth credit, but we are not just that stupid to pay today with the money we might have in the future. Sure, we take credits, but not just as lightly as US-Americans, too.
Btw. speaking of old technology, you might be interested in that:
http://www.vienna-expats.at/articles/18-living-in-vienna/40-geocontrol-additional-security-bankomatkarten-abroad.html
USA is one of this countries, which has this problem with Skimming, since your ATM machines use an old technology.

Edit:
I just looked at the list of secure countries seeing that it is more secure to use your ATM card in Ukraine than in the USA. Do you still thing your country's technology is high sophisticated?

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 01:42:53 PM

^
I'd love to here that.

By perks you mean an extra intermediary, who also charges extra?...

No, I mean frequent flier miles.  My credit card charges me exactly as much as my debit (ATM) card--zero.  If yours charges you, you must be a deadbeat with lousy credit rating Undecided

Re. your link:  One of the advantages of credit/debit cards over Bitcoin is not having to worry about the technology getting hax0rd.  The bank/CC company carries all the risks Smiley
Re. your edit: Credit card fraud constitutes FIVE CENTS FOR EVERY $100 of transactions.  And the trend's downward Smiley

OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 01:45:17 PM

^

US Invention?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Shepherd-Barron & http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Goodfellow

Get your facts right.

Onkel Paul

NotLambchop

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 01:54:14 PM

^My facts are right:
In the US patent record, Luther George Simjian has been credited with developing a "prior art device".[5] Specifically his 132nd patent (US3079603) was first filed on 30 June 1960 (and granted 26 February 1963). The roll-out of this machine, called Bankograph, was delayed by a couple of years, due in part to Simjian's Reflectone Electronics Inc. being acquired by Universal Match Corporation.
-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automated_teller_machine

turvarya

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 02:03:06 PM

^
I'd love to here that.

By perks you mean an extra intermediary, who also charges extra?...

No, I mean frequent flier miles.  My credit card charges me exactly as much as my debit (ATM) card--zero.  If yours charges you, you must be a deadbeat with lousy credit rating Undecided

Re. your link:  One of the advantages of credit/debit cards over Bitcoin is not having to worry about the technology getting hax0rd.  The bank/CC company carries all the risks Smiley
It is really hard to discuss with you, since you are even too stupid to understand, what people are telling you or you are misunderstanding it on purpose.
So, one more time: The credit card company charges the merchant extra, this extra costs eventually winds ab with the costumer. Do you really think, they just swallow it, because they are so altruistic? Secondly credit cards works exactly the same in Austria than in the USA(as far as I know)

Your last statement is misleading. Even when you get your money back(I don't think, that is always the case), there is still a lot of inconvenience involved, in contrary if your country just forbids old buggy technology.

NotLambchop

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 02:14:33 PM

It is really hard to discuss with you, since you are even too stupid to understand, what people are telling you or you are misunderstanding it on purpose.
So, one more time: The credit card company charges the merchant extra, this extra costs eventually winds ab with the costumer. Do you really think, they just swallow it, because they are so altruistic? Secondly credit cards works exactly the same in Austria than in the USA(as far as I know)

We are discussing the difference between using cash & debit cards (your scenario) vs. using CC (mine).  Other than a few gas stations in podunk towns, I do not get cash discounts.
I do get CC perks.
Ergo, CC is less expensive for me to use than cash.  If you feel like subsidising my CC use by transacting with cash, you go right ahead.  Unless you recieve cash discounts, that's exactly what you are doing Smiley

Your last statement is misleading. Even when you get your money back(I don't think, that is always the case), there is still a lot of inconvenience involved, in contrary if your country just forbids old buggy technology.

Lol, when hax0ring happens:
-Worst case CC scenario:  I don't want to bother with "inconvenience" & lose all my money.  
-BEST case Bitcoin scenario:  Money gone, OKTHXBI! Cheesy
turvarya

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 02:30:46 PM

We are discussing the difference between using cash & debit cards (your scenario) vs. using CC (mine).  Other than a few gas stations in podunk towns, I do not get cash discounts.
I do get CC perks.
Ergo, CC is less expensive for me to use than cash.  If you feel like subsidising my CC use by transacting with cash, you go right ahead.  Unless you recieve cash discounts, that's exactly what you are doing Smiley
and again: It is not the same in Austria, which is my whole point all along.
Do you want to go another round in this circle?

btw. I am pretty sure, there are also shops in USA, which generally don't accept credit cards and there for are generally cheaper. Maybe someone from the USA can confirm that.

NotLambchop

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 02:40:35 PM

I do get CC perks.
and again: It is not the same in Austria, which is my whole point all along.
Do you want to go another round in this circle?

No, you forgot already.  It's OK, I'll remind you:

...Credit Cards are not that widely used here in Austria.

Not every country adopts to modernity as quickly as USA.
Nothing wrong with that, you'll catch up.  There are other developing countries where CC use is even less prevalent.

btw. I am pretty sure, there are also shops in USA, which generally don't accept credit cards and there for are generally cheaper. Maybe someone from the USA can confirm that.

Yes, as I said, there are gas stations in backwards backwaters in US that don't accept CC.  Progress takes time.
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 02:47:48 PM

People buy bitcoin because they think they'll be worth millions some day, but who should be the fool buying for 1000$+?
Has this question been answered before?

they weren't fool!

You are saying that everyone that buy some investiment at his top is a fool?? that's no sense
turvarya

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 02:51:44 PM

^No, you forgot already.  It's OK, I'll remind you:

...Credit Cards are not that widely used here in Austria.

Not every country adopts to modernity as quickly as USA.
Nothing wrong with that, you'll catch up.  There are other developing countries where CC use is even less prevalent.
It's really sad, how the stereotype of stupid US-Americans  is true for so many people, who think, their country is superior to every other country in the world, because they are to ignorant and arrogant to look at other countries and their ways and just think for them self.
You are even to arrogant to just admit, that the USA is obviously behind when it comes to preventing skimming.
So, you get on my mental ignore-list, just with anonymimint(or whatever his nick is), since it is just to exhausting to argue with stupid people.

NotLambchop

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 03:00:30 PM

Stay angry, poor, paranoid and ignorant, my Australian friend!

turvarya

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 03:07:26 PM

https://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061028104223AAQanYO

labsbitforum

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 03:12:03 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2014, 04:11:17 PM by labsbitforum

People buy bitcoin because they think they'll be worth millions some day, but who should be the fool buying for 1000$+?

Anyone in this forum who thinks bitcoin will be worth $10,000 in the next couple years would.  Unfortunately there are not enough of them and they don't have a lot of money because they have been buying "cheap coins" for some time now.
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 03:16:33 PM

"Famous Australians (sorry don't know too many of them)" Cheesy
he forgot these d00ds:

Cheesy
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 03:30:39 PM

and they don't have a lot of money because they have been buying "cheap coins" for some time now.

Tru, my money IS where my mouth is.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 11:53:23 PM

Oh my good how stupid are you?!
Austria and Australia are two completely different countries.But hey that fits perfect how much a typical american seem to know about the rest of the world.It's just a pitty.
But sure pray to your beloved warmonger Bush.
Le Happy Merchant

Activity: 634

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 11:55:07 PM

Brazilians. I don't actually plan to šell though.

NotLambchop

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 11:49:49 PM

Oh my good how stupid are you?!
Austria and Australia are two completely different countries.But hey that fits perfect how much a typical american seem to know about the rest of the world.It's just a pitty.
But sure pray to your beloved warmonger Bush.

Oh, THAT Austria!  Not a place you bulltards want to visit, trust me bro.

fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 03:48:21 AM

Brazilians. I don't actually plan to šell though.

So you are basically counting on poor people who are getting poorer & way more oppressed as the days pass... They will suddenly have money to buy your "$10,000" coins??? Or will they be happy to have a few satoshi's?! LMFAO what a joke bro
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: