Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:35:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ||| Why is Ripple getting higher and higher? |||  (Read 2350 times)
Boxxl (OP)

Activity: 800
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 12:54:59 PM

See title:
"Why is Ripple getting higher and higher?"

Anyone why?

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ripple/#charts

No Signature right now...
God27

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

The 4th industrial revolution!

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 01:02:31 PM

Money coming out of BTC into XRP.....slowlyyyyyyy

kanaas

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 01:08:58 PM

Because it's the only Bitcoin 2.0 that, together with Codius, will make it in the real world.
Bitcoin 1.0 has to many issues, Stellar died last week & Ethereum is to complicated and to slow.
dregos

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 02:16:38 PM

Because it's the only Bitcoin 2.0 that, together with Codius, will make it in the real world.
Bitcoin 1.0 has to many issues, Stellar died last week & Ethereum is to complicated and to slow.
  +1
Cheesus

Activity: 692
Merit: 254

terra-credit.com

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 02:25:39 PM

How is it Bitcoin 2.0? In what universe?

███████████████████████
  █████████████████████ 
    ███████████████████ 
      █████████████████ 
███████████████████████
          █████████████ 
            ███████████ 
              █████████ 
                ███████ 
                  ████ 
                    ███ 

terracredit

Powered by,
var53

Activity: 345

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 02:30:18 PM

The volume is starting to go down now so it's getting slower and slower.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 02:31:29 PM

er....Ripple isn't actually a crypto-currency, guys, and so far has absolutely no 2nd gen features, so callling it Bitcoin 2.0 is , well, wrong.
Ripple was designed to do one thing: act as a semi-centralised transfer/exchange system.

https://ripple.com/knowledge_center/bridge-currency/

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
newuser01

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 02:32:15 PM

+1

so many newly registered users on this forum that will pump anything but bitcoin

I wonder why

and fyi Ripple is not "bitcoin 2.0" - If you disagree feel free to explain why. oh, you cant? ok.
God27

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 02:45:19 PM

Slowly but Surely.....

kanaas

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 02:57:23 PM

+1

so many newly registered users on this forum that will pump anything but bitcoin

I wonder why

and fyi Ripple is not "bitcoin 2.0" - If you disagree feel free to explain why. oh, you cant? ok.

Won't even try to explain it to the deaf ... will let the market do it for you - in a more visual way....
Bansheroom

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 03:04:41 PM

The only 2.0 that will make it? Really?

https://paycoin.com/

Always get cryptonews, free bitcoins, free altcoins and free mining opportunities: follow @Bansheroom on Twitter
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 03:35:56 PM

Pity you're forgetting the main players in the 'Bitcoin 2.0' field: NXT and Counterparty.

Both have real-world businesses on board right now, NXT was actually designed from the ground up to support a range of 2nd gen crypto features......
Take a look at the crypto-assets market:
http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/

and I'm conveniently ignoring NEM, Mastercoin and Bitshares, not to mention the legion of NXT clones.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
dregos

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:43:49 AM

Yep.. that's why it went to 505M over night
The Chainmaker

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 09:22:17 AM

Ethereum is going to be the altcoin killer.  Vitalik was able to clone CounterParty on Ethereum in 4 hours.  After it comes out any kind of innovation by any other platform can immediately be cloned and added to Ethereum.  But Ethereum can also be cloned, so that is a bit of a problem.

Also, Ripple isn't really a 2.0

If it can be digitized, it should be decentralized
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 09:24:50 AM

Ripple is all premined , bitcoin is not premined  Roll Eyes. You're telling me that ripple is betterh than btc ? I think you're wrong.
dregos

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 11:02:35 AM

Ripple is all premined , bitcoin is not premined  Roll Eyes. You're telling me that ripple is betterh than btc ? I think you're wrong.

Calculate the value of premined BTC (Satoshi) and XRP(RippleLabs) and you'll be very wrong Wink
monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 11:55:22 AM

Actually it wasn't premined at all - it's not POW so how can it have been mined?

Premined means a POW client which wasn't released to the public until the creator(s) had personally used the closed client to mine the first bunch of coins for themselves.
Bob81

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 01:53:32 PM

Can't understand why Ripple is raising and raising when all other coins are going to fall.

I'm truely wondering about the phenomenon.

Where can I buy some Ripple coins and what is so special about it that is has got such a hugh market cap at the moment?
God27

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 01:59:48 PM

Can't understand why Ripple is raising and raising when all other coins are going to fall.

I'm truely wondering about the phenomenon.

Where can I buy some Ripple coins and what is so special about it that is has got such a hugh market cap at the moment?

Do you want to buy with USD, BTC, or what?

davidpbrown

Activity: 531
Merit: 260

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 02:02:03 PM

...what is so special about it that is has got such a hugh market cap at the moment?

If you create 100 Billion coins and sell one to yourself for a dollar, you'll be a billionaire..

It is curious it's market cap is increasing.. even if they capture a large fraction of the ~$500 Billion remittance market that was in 2013, I can't see why the XCP needs that amount of value.. it's not holding the value for a long period. $500 Billion/365 days/24 hours.. even if they were holding each transaction for an hour.. the market cap seems excessive.

I expect bitAssets the like that BitShares is creating will do the same in a few years and you won't need to put the money up front in anticipation of the demand. Ripple will be left with a few very large bag holders and Ripple Inc perhaps will have made a bundle and moved into real digital currencies.

It's not a Ripple, it's a bubble! ™

฿://12vxXHdmurFP3tpPk7bt6YrM3XPiftA82s
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: