Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:45:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop your BTC cheerleading and mass delusion and face the reality  (Read 10115 times)
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 08:38:58 AM

Well the idea idea of cryptocurrency is here to stay.
Cryptocurrency is very convinient and secure.
The question is will it bitcoin?
I think the answer is yes because businesses like overstock.com and microsoft have already started accepting it and they probably don't feel like the minor changes other crypto currencies offer are worth the hassle of switching.

Accepting it is one thing, actually holding it in their cash reserves is another.

In most cases 'Accepting' just seems to mean autoconverting to dollars with bitpay - except for overstock which is actually claiming to hold some - are there any others?

It is a first step.  Of course you first accept and auto-convert, because for those retailers, most of their suppliers (including their human ressources) must be paid in fiat for the moment.  However, if more and more businesses (including the suppliers of those retailers) start accepting bitcoin, then it can become interesting for those retailers to pay their suppliers ALSO directly in bitcoin, and then the incentive to convert to fiat will be less.

Right now, a retailer cannot do much with bitcoin, so it is normal for them to convert to fiat, as that is what they need to use for their business.  But as more and more businesses will accept bitcoin, there will be less and less incentive for them to convert coins to fiat.  At a certain point, it will become interesting to get paid in coins too (at least part of your salary).  But that's still far away.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 09:01:39 AM

People, you need a reality check. Most of you here are holding to a few BTC expecting to become millionaires some day. You are in a collective mass delusion - about 95% of you here.

Satoshi Nakamoto stated himself that with BTC there will be no middle way - it will absord the whole world's economy which is estimated to be around $100 trillion including the black markets. If this does not happen BTC will be literally worthless - not even half a cent that it started at.

Bitcoin has been around since 2009 , so we are entering the 6th year of its existence. How many years would it take for bitcoin to absorb the total global economy? 50 years ? 100 years ? I doesn't matter because it was just another fad like myspace with a limited lifespan - that opened the social media to the mainstream and gave us twitter and facebook. Bitcoin's historical significance will be that it launched the concept of crypto currency to the mainstream. It will not be worth $10,000 or $100,000 dollars anytime soon (read: never).

So those of you who are still in delusional states holding the BTC you bought at $700 or $900 dollars, cut your loses and get away as fast as you can. November 2013 was the bubble which will never repeat again. All this talk about ETF is rubbish, because it is already calculated into the price.

The time is running out for BTC , and I am 90% certain it will be worthless before 2020. It has accomplished its task - crypto currency is mainstream.

Those smart enough know that the only real purpose of BTC right now is as a vehicle for transaction of fiat money, without being exposed to the scrutiny of the government checks and the global banking system, they understand that bitcoin is not a commodity, not a store of value, and it never was - to them it doesn't matter if the price of one BTC is $1 or $100,000. It doesn't change anything.

Some of you are so emotionally attached to your stack of bitcoins that you will react in a violent emotional outrage at my post. Those of you who are more stable are starting to realize what the score is, and no mate your 10 BTC or your 100 BTC stack will not make you a $ millionaire, might as well go to Vegas and try your hand at becoming a millionaire there. You have better chances.

Sam

21,000,00 * 0.005 = $105,000

LOL I'll throw in $105,000 if they get there and even then I can't buy them all because of lost bitcoins or unmined coins.

Your point is invalid as someone with a little money could buy up all the BTC in existence for a small price.

Please go back to the rock you came out from under.  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 02:41:00 AM

^ This would never happen since there are already 100s of thousands of people who said they will never sell... They will keep trying to buy the entire way down so logically we really can't break this triple digit level EVER  Kiss
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 02:43:04 AM

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 05:00:21 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto stated himself that with BTC there will be no middle way - it will absord the whole world's economy which is estimated to be around $100 trillion including the black markets. If this does not happen BTC will be literally worthless - not even half a cent that it started at.

Yes, it's a 50%-50%, its a revolution or it becomes deprecated.

Do you really want to miss on such potential boat? Everyone not owning at least a couple Bitcoin is mentally insane, period.
Silverspoon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 05:59:24 PM

Yes, it's a 50%-50%, its a revolution or it becomes deprecated.

Do you really want to miss on such potential boat? Everyone not owning at least a couple Bitcoin is mentally insane, period.

Introductory statistics:  When dealing with problems having binary outcomes, like "you either become a gazillionaire or you don't" the odds aren't always 50/50.
Introductory linguistics & psychology:  "mentally insane" is redundant.  Only crazy people talk like that.
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3424
Merit: 4344

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 06:11:07 PM

crypto currency is mainstream.

You are so wrong and needs a real reality check.

Oh no, another troll who whants to get in cheaper...
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4459

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 06:13:22 PM

November 2013 was the bubble which will never repeat again.

"The" bubble? Singular? LOL

So many bubbles.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 08:29:39 PM

Bubble ?

(where i can find this things ? Cheesy )
magicmexican

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 08:32:24 PM

tl;dr version - "cut ur loose"
Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 08:57:35 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2014, 10:37:29 PM by Wandererfromthenorth

Bitcoiners expect exponential rises to continue ad infinitum.
They don't care if at these prices it takes an amount of new fiat that is ridiculously higher than when it was at $1.
Don't bother considering problems with Proof-of-Work, the huge inflation and apparent inexistent current demand. Logic is for weak hands!
To 1 quadrillion we go.

alexeft
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 10:40:34 PM

Oh my! My ignore list is probably bigger than the blockchain itself!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Anyone care to invest in it? (my ignore list that is!  Grin)
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 10:45:05 PM

People, you need a reality check. Most of you here are holding to a few BTC expecting to become millionaires some day. You are in a collective mass delusion - about 95% of you here.

Bitcoin has been around since 2009 , so we are entering the 6th year of its existence. How many years would it take for bitcoin to absorb the total global economy? 50 years ? 100 years ? I doesn't matter because it was just another fad like myspace with a limited lifespan - that opened the social media to the mainstream and gave us twitter and facebook. Bitcoin's historical significance will be that it launched the concept of crypto currency to the mainstream. It will not be worth $10,000 or $100,000 dollars anytime soon (read: never).

So those of you who are still in delusional states holding the BTC you bought at $700 or $900 dollars, cut your loses and get away as fast as you can. November 2013 was the bubble which will never repeat again. All this talk about ETF is rubbish, because it is already calculated into the price.

The time is running out for BTC , and I am 90% certain it will be worthless before 2020. It has accomplished its task - crypto currency is mainstream.

Those smart enough know that the only real purpose of BTC right now is as a vehicle for transaction of fiat money, without being exposed to the scrutiny of the government checks and the global banking system, they understand that bitcoin is not a commodity, not a store of value, and it never was - to them it doesn't matter if the price of one BTC is $1 or $100,000. It doesn't change anything.

Some of you are so emotionally attached to your stack of bitcoins that you will react in a violent emotional outrage at my post. Those of you who are more stable are starting to realize what the score is, and no mate your 10 BTC or your 100 BTC stack will not make you a $ millionaire, might as well go to Vegas and try your hand at becoming a millionaire there. You have better chances.

Sam

Cryptocurrency is mainstream? LOL

By the way, Facebook was founded in 2004, it didn't even have positive cash flow until 2009 (5 years later!). As of January 2014 they still had ONLY 1.2 billion active users (10 years later!) with a world population of about 8 billion....

"Easy" tech takes about 6 years for adoption. Bitcoin as of right now is "difficult" tech in many regards. Either way we haven't even reached 6 years yet. bitcoin's future is bright.

This is what I find entertaining about people who post about what they know pretty much nothing about. They say the stupidest things lol.

Cryptocurrency isn't mainstream ....yet. lol

LOL @ OP for the good laugh.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 10:46:27 PM

November 2013 was the bubble which will never repeat again.

"The" bubble? Singular? LOL

So many bubbles.

OP doesn't realize that was what was claimed after the June 2011 bubble. "It would never happen again".

Less than 2 years later....whoops!!  Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 10:48:08 PM

Bitcoiners expect exponential rises to continue ad infinitum.
They don't care if at these prices it takes an amount of new fiat that is ridiculously higher than when it was at $1.
Don't bother considering problems with Proof-of-Work, the huge inflation and apparent inexistent current demand. Logic is for weak hands!
To 1 quadrillion we go.

Fiat currency is going to infinity ...(no limit)....so bitcoin will compensate for all of the new found created pulled out of their ass toilet paper in its price.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 10:51:17 PM

Not until the insane bit inflation ends

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 11:09:37 PM

It gets lower and lower with each halving.
Reward-Drop ETA: 2016-07-31 07:48:42 UTC (82 weeks, 5 days, 12 hours, 40 minutes)
It's coming sooner and sooner each day as the average block generation rate is under 10 minutes.

By then the adoption will be amazing as well.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:23:02 PM

Reward-Drop ETA: 2016-07-31 07:48:42 UTC (82 weeks, 5 days, 12 hours, 40 minutes)
It's coming sooner and sooner each day as the average block generation rate is under 10 minutes.

Have you started buying yet?

kaykawa

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 12:03:59 AM

People who say everything is dead and everything is this and that.. and expect the worse.. You are the people who would do this same shitty system over and over again for your own advance.

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 02:37:00 AM

adoption will come in waves.

Bit inflation is now around 10% (annualised rate) and dropping. I.e. Already harder than some nation state fiat currencies.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: