Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:40:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitmain s3 serial connect?  (Read 9702 times)
macgyver007

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 06:59:08 PM

i tried asking bitmain for more intel and this is what they said.

me: "Can you please provide link to product that can do as you describe? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone"

bitmain: "Sorry, I don't have it.
if you cannot restart it in your side, you'll have to return the board for RMA"

maybe ill try again?

Ancient Chinese secret?  Cool Grin

sorry I couldn't resist....bitmain if you need some proper tech support I can help  Cheesy... btw I am not a product...if anything I am a product of my environment  Cool
ChineseSavior (OP)

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 11:38:46 PM

my entire s3 is bricked :/

well just the board i guess but the entire unit is down.

im going to crack it open tonight and get digging but i dont have much time and have to fly out tomorrow so idk wtf i might have to take the biotch with me
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 12:46:13 AM

my entire s3 is bricked :/

well just the board i guess but the entire unit is down.

im going to crack it open tonight and get digging but i dont have much time and have to fly out tomorrow so idk wtf i might have to take the biotch with me

Contact Bitmain.  If it is within 90 days I believe it is considered warranty.  (I could be wrong on timeline).

I do know I was a batch one I got bricked and was out of warranty.  They are willing to sell and ship the controller very fast to you (was same shipping as miners use).  It is a setback on ROI but at least not a brick.  And in my case I got a 1.1 ver of board and had a v1 so guess it was a upgrade.
ChineseSavior (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 02:13:56 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2014, 06:01:33 PM by ChineseSavior

well If i could only get this last one working....

Will look into all peoples recs. Cool

Images removed or security reasons

c1

thanks
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 03:48:48 AM

well If i could only get this last one working....

Will look into all peoples recs. Cool

- pictures -

c1

thanks

Very impressive setup! How many S3 total?  What did you do to get so much electricity there?

Impressive.
ChineseSavior (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:39:06 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2014, 07:00:33 AM by ChineseSavior

i have 13 but the 1 is dead/my learning project. so 12 there plus the c1.  Grin

i ran the dryer socket to a electric vehicle conversion plug to pdu to psu

**edit**

here is the board

now what? where can u buy the tx thing?
macgyver007

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 08:11:09 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2014, 02:43:30 PM by macgyver007

-edited for clarity-
Everything you need is right here in this post...no guesswork involved just RTFM  Grin

I circled the 3 pins where you connect to in red here:

Looking at the controller board straight on, the ground *should* be the pinhole on the far right, if not its far left (double check with voltmeter as I have no unit to test right now) the other 2 pinholes are tx/rx.
Once you confirm  the ground (0v on voltmeter), then connect tx and rx....if you get a load of junk on your screen reverse the rx/tx and you will see magic...well not really but you will see the data on the screen...for putty set 115200, no flow control, and make sure you have the correct COM port defined (115200,8,n,1)

I posted a direct link where to get the cp2102 earlier (the tx thing) Roll Eyes

http://www.dx.com/p/usb-to-uart-5-pin-cp2102-module-serial-converter-81872#.VI6YldJ0yUl
There is no bs ad commission or anything for that part; you can order it anywhere on the net..I provided the link where I got mine to make things easy (or so I thought)

In Short...you need the thing in the picture (link provided) putty for serial connection and 3 bogo pins (that's what the gold pins are called)
Alternately you can just use sewing pins and push the sharp end into the connector MacGyver style, just don't move anything once you have them connected  Tongue

Once you have access to the miner, type

mtd -r erase rootfs_data and hit enter
then type REBOOT and hit enter...then wait 3 minutes before accessing the default miner IP address...do not power cycle the unit

Last of all...don't hold me responsible if anything goes wrong...but if I helped, a thanks would be great  Wink
ChineseSavior (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 08:40:00 AM

Looking at the controller board straight on in the present orientation, the ground should be the pin on the top (double check with voltmeter) and the other 2 are tx/rx.
Once you confirm  the ground pin, connect tx and rx....if you get a load of junk on your screen reverse the rx/tx and you will see magic...well not really but you will see the data on the screen...for putty set 115200, no flow control, and make sure you have the correct COM port defined...
I posted a direct link where to get the cp2102 earlier (the tx thing) Roll Eyes  ...it should be the same or better version than the one I got years ago

http://www.dx.com/p/usb-to-uart-5-pin-cp2102-module-serial-converter-81872#.VI6YldJ0yUl
There is no bs ad commission or anything for that part...you can order it anywhere on the net..I am just providing the link where I got mine to make things easy (or so I thought)

Everything you need is right here in this post...no guesswork involved just RTFM  Grin

In Short...you need the thing in the picture (link provided) putty for serial connection and 3 bogo pins (that's what the gold pins are called) or alternately you can just use sewing pins and push the sharp end into the connector MacGyver style, just don't move anything once you have them connected  Tongue
Last of all...don't hold me responsible if anything goes wrong...but if I helped, a thanks would be great  Wink

tyvvvvvvm
ATCkit

Activity: 786

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 02:58:34 PM

Looking at the controller board straight on in the present orientation, the ground should be the pin on the top (double check with voltmeter) and the other 2 are tx/rx.
Once you confirm  the ground pin, connect tx and rx....if you get a load of junk on your screen reverse the rx/tx and you will see magic...well not really but you will see the data on the screen...for putty set 115200, no flow control, and make sure you have the correct COM port defined...
I posted a direct link where to get the cp2102 earlier (the tx thing) Roll Eyes  ...it should be the same or better version than the one I got years ago

There is no bs ad commission or anything for that part...you can order it anywhere on the net..I am just providing the link where I got mine to make things easy (or so I thought)

In Short...you need the thing in the picture (link provided) putty for serial connection and 3 bogo pins (that's what the gold pins are called) or alternately you can just use sewing pins and push the sharp end into the connector MacGyver style, just don't move anything once you have them connected  Tongue

tyvvvvvvm

@ChineseSavior

Did it work for you? I am in the same boat. Which hole is the grd?
bitsolutions

Activity: 261
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 05:03:30 PM

Sure fire fix assuming hardware is ok and uboot intact is uboot based recovery, interrupt the boot process and set your computers IP to a static IP of 192.168.1.100. Start a TFTP server on your computer serving antMiner_S320141013.bin and run the following commands on your miner.

Code:
tftpboot 0x80000000 antMiner_S320141013.bin
erase 0x9f020000 +0x7c0000
cp.b 0x80000000 0x9f020000 0x7c0000
bootm 0x9f020000

Mining Software Developer.
macgyver007

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 09:04:14 PM

Sure fire fix assuming hardware is ok and uboot intact is uboot based recovery, interrupt the boot process and set your computers IP to a static IP of 192.168.1.100. Start a TFTP server on your computer serving antMiner_S320141013.bin and run the following commands on your miner.

Code:
bootm 0x9f020000

there no need to re-flash the firmware as it is the NVRAM that is corrupt...your suggestion of loading the 20141013.bin will result in being unable to access the config pages as documented in the subsequent release....if anything I would suggest loading the 0826 firmware and then wget the ckolivas cgminer 4.61 but then we are complicating things more than needed...most here seem to have enough problem with putty lets not throw in a tftp server and hex addresses....its a bit of a predicament...0826 firmware with crap cgminer or Russian roulette with the next 3 builds....and all the while BITMAIN leaves the files for MORE people to &$#^&$ their miners up with...well done  Roll Eyes Huh
on a different note its nice to see the community working together  Grin
bitsolutions

Activity: 261
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 10:49:37 PM

Code:
bootm 0x9f020000

there no need to re-flash the firmware as it is the NVRAM that is corrupt...your suggestion of loading the 20141013.bin will result in being unable to access the config pages as documented in the subsequent release....if anything I would suggest loading the 0826 firmware and then wget the ckolivas cgminer 4.61 but then we are complicating things more than needed...most here seem to have enough problem with putty lets not throw in a tftp server and hex addresses....its a bit of a predicament...0826 firmware with crap cgminer or Russian roulette with the next 3 builds....and all the while BITMAIN leaves the files for MORE people to &$#^&$ their miners up with...well done  Roll Eyes Huh

SSH in and execute the following to fix webui on the oct 13th firmware.
Code:
sed -i 's/Save\&Apply/Save\&Apply/g' /usr/lib/lua/luci/model/cbi/cgminer/cgminer.lua

To fix config pages after flashing a later release execute this command over SSH.
Code:
cp /overlay/etc/config/cgminer /tmp/cgminer.tmp && cp /overlay/etc/config/network /tmp/network.tmp && rm -r /overlay/* && mkdir /overlay/etc && mkdir /overlay/etc/config && cp /tmp/cgminer.tmp /overlay/etc/config/cgminer && cp /tmp/network.tmp /overlay/etc/config/network && reboot

TFTP recovery is usually required if the OS doesn't boot and you see it stuck bootlooping at uboot.

Mining Software Developer.
ChineseSavior (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:48:27 AM

Code:
bootm 0x9f020000

SSH in and execute the following to fix webui on the oct 13th firmware.
Code:
sed -i 's/Save\&Apply/Save\&Apply/g' /usr/lib/lua/luci/model/cbi/cgminer/cgminer.lua

To fix config pages after flashing a later release execute this command over SSH.
Code:
cp /overlay/etc/config/cgminer /tmp/cgminer.tmp && cp /overlay/etc/config/network /tmp/network.tmp && rm -r /overlay/* && mkdir /overlay/etc && mkdir /overlay/etc/config && cp /tmp/cgminer.tmp /overlay/etc/config/cgminer && cp /tmp/network.tmp /overlay/etc/config/network && reboot

TFTP recovery is usually required if the OS doesn't boot and you see it stuck bootlooping at uboot.

is this what I need to do?
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 04:46:47 PM

I tried like this, but didn't succeed

The CP2102 offers me:

3.3V
5V
RST
GND

and two others, which are jumpered by default.

Ground should be the blue one acc. to my measurement. For the rest I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.
Polivka GmbH

Activity: 135
Merit: 101

Hydromining!

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 04:58:32 PM

I offer a bounty of $30 in Bitcoin for anybody to deliver a detailed description that's working for me on how to de-brick the S3 controller board using a CP2102.
nitrox1

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 12:49:08 PM

I tried like this, but didn't succeed

https://i.imgur.com/fQSTep7.jpg

The CP2102 offers me:

3.3V
5V
RST
GND

and two others, which are jumpered by default.

Ground should be the blue one acc. to my measurement. For the rest I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

I Have the same with out the jumpers.

https://i.imgur.com/IR9RTW0.jpg

But I'm using GND, Rx Tx. And I get either no output on start up, or I swap Rx, Tx around and get (by startup I mean I've selcted serial,  I have com and baud set in putty, I start putty under serial connection, I then turn on S3 to a stream of gibberish like below/ nor nothing)):

5▒▒▒I▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒+33▒▒▒+33▒A9=#A55;'!9)▒▒▒▒e=1-9▒;-%=)▒▒▒                                                                                                                                                             ▒▒▒▒#!▒3!#7▒=▒▒▒▒▒▒37▒▒▒▒▒▒5▒7▒-#5=7▒▒I▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒+33▒▒▒s9/▒55#▒3!/-▒55▒;'!9)                                                                                                                                                             ▒-''▒#!▒;5▒7▒▒I▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒+33▒▒▒+33▒A9=#A55;'!9)▒▒▒▒e=1-9▒;-%=)▒▒▒▒▒▒▒#!▒3!#7                                                                                                                                                             ▒=▒▒▒▒▒=▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒5▒▒▒-#5=7▒▒I▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒+33▒▒▒+33▒A9=#A55;'!9)▒▒▒▒e=1-9▒;-%=)▒                                                                                                                                                             ▒▒▒▒▒▒#!▒3!#7▒=▒▒▒▒▒=▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒95▒▒-#5=7▒▒I▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒+33▒▒▒+33▒A9=#A55;'!9)▒▒▒                                                                                                                                                             ▒e=1-9▒;-%=)▒▒▒▒▒▒▒#!▒3!#7▒=▒▒▒▒▒=▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒39▒-#5=7▒▒I▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒+33▒▒▒+33▒A9                                                                                                                                                             =#A55;'!9)▒▒▒▒e=1-9▒;-%=)▒▒▒▒▒▒▒#!▒3!#7▒=▒▒▒▒▒=▒▒▒9▒▒▒;▒7▒▒-#5=7▒▒I▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E                                                                                                                                                             ▒+33▒▒▒+33▒A9=#A55;'!9)▒▒▒▒e=1-9▒;-%=)▒▒▒▒▒▒▒#!▒3!#7▒=▒▒▒▒▒=▒▒▒▒▒▒▒=;▒▒▒-#5=7▒▒I                                                                                                                                                             ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒+33▒▒▒+33▒A9=#A55;'!9)▒▒▒▒e=1-9▒;-%=)▒▒▒▒▒▒▒#!▒3!#7▒=▒▒▒▒▒=▒▒▒▒▒▒▒                                                                                                                                                             ▒=▒▒▒-#5=7▒▒I▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒+33▒▒▒+33▒A9=#A55;'!9)▒▒▒▒e=1-9▒;-%=)▒▒▒▒▒▒▒#!▒3!#7▒=                                                                                                                                                             ▒▒▒▒▒=▒▒▒▒▒▒▒93==▒-#5=7▒▒I▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒+33▒▒▒+33▒A9=#A55;'!9)▒▒▒▒e=1-9▒;-%=)▒▒▒                                                                                                                                                             ▒▒▒▒#!▒3!#7▒=▒▒▒▒▒=▒▒▒9▒▒▒▒▒=▒▒-#5=7▒▒I▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒+33▒▒▒+33▒A9=#A55;'!9)▒▒▒▒e                                                                                                                                                             =1-9▒;-%=)▒▒▒▒▒▒▒#!▒3!#7▒=▒▒▒▒▒=▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒9▒-#5=7▒▒I▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒+33▒▒▒+33▒A9=#                                                                                                                                                             A55;'!9)▒▒▒▒e=1-9▒;-%=)▒▒▒▒▒▒▒#!▒3!#7▒=▒▒▒▒▒=▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒95▒▒-#5=7▒▒I▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒+                                                                                                                                                             ▒3'=/▒=▒▒▒▒▒=▒5=▒▒5#7▒=▒▒▒▒▒=▒▒;▒▒▒I▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒+33▒▒▒ygu}ce}[iu[▒#!75▒3!#7▒=▒                                                                                                                                                             ▒▒▒▒=▒▒;▒▒▒#!▒3-#!75▒-#▒;'!9)▒▒▒▒▒▒=▒▒▒▒▒▒▒R▒▒띣▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒+33▒▒▒#!-95▒▒▒▒▒▒+33▒A;-                                                                                                                                                             5%▒▒▒▒!3▒7=%▒▒▒▒#9/59)57▒▒▒▒!#▒▒=#7▒▒▒!3▒3▒▒▒▒75=7▒▒▒▒!#▒▒3!#7▒▒▒I▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒                                                                                                                                                             =-#1▒-#-▒▒!-!#▒!▒)5'▒▒Y55▒g-#▒w!9%5#=-!#▒-#-▒▒3!1-7=#95▒▒▒

Which doesn't look right either. At no point can I type.

Any help? I'll chip in to bounty too
pekatete

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 03:53:13 PM

But I'm using GND, Rx Tx. And I get either no output on start up, or I swap Rx, Tx around and get (by startup I mean I've selcted serial,  I have com and baud set in putty, I start putty under serial connection, I then turn on S3 to a stream of gibberish like below/ nor nothing)):

5▒▒▒I▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒+33▒▒▒+33▒A9=#A55;'!9)▒▒▒▒e=1-9▒;-%=)▒▒▒                                                                                                                                                             ▒▒▒▒#!▒3!#7▒=▒▒▒▒▒▒37▒▒▒▒▒▒5▒7▒-#5=7▒▒I▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒+33▒▒▒s9/▒55#▒3!/-▒55▒;'!9)                                                                                                                                                             ▒-''▒#!▒;5▒7▒▒I▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒+33▒▒▒+33▒A9=#A55;'!9)▒▒▒▒e=1-9▒;-%=)▒▒▒▒▒▒▒#!▒3!#7                                                                                                                                                             ▒=▒▒▒▒▒=▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒5▒▒▒-#5=7▒▒I▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒+33▒▒▒+33▒A9=#A55;'!9)▒▒▒▒e=1-9▒;-%=)▒                                                                                                                                                             ▒▒▒▒▒▒#!▒3!#7▒=▒▒▒▒▒=▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒95▒▒-#5=7▒▒I▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒+33▒▒▒+33▒A9=#A55;'!9)▒▒▒                                                                                                                                                             ▒e=1-9▒;-%=)▒▒▒▒▒▒▒#!▒3!#7▒=▒▒▒▒▒=▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒39▒-#5=7▒▒I▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒+33▒▒▒+33▒A9                                                                                                                                                             =#A55;'!9)▒▒▒▒e=1-9▒;-%=)▒▒▒▒▒▒▒#!▒3!#7▒=▒▒▒▒▒=▒▒▒9▒▒▒;▒7▒▒-#5=7▒▒I▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E                                                                                                                                                             ▒+33▒▒▒+33▒A9=#A55;'!9)▒▒▒▒e=1-9▒;-%=)▒▒▒▒▒▒▒#!▒3!#7▒=▒▒▒▒▒=▒▒▒▒▒▒▒=;▒▒▒-#5=7▒▒I                                                                                                                                                             ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒+33▒▒▒+33▒A9=#A55;'!9)▒▒▒▒e=1-9▒;-%=)▒▒▒▒▒▒▒#!▒3!#7▒=▒▒▒▒▒=▒▒▒▒▒▒▒                                                                                                                                                             ▒=▒▒▒-#5=7▒▒I▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒+33▒▒▒+33▒A9=#A55;'!9)▒▒▒▒e=1-9▒;-%=)▒▒▒▒▒▒▒#!▒3!#7▒=                                                                                                                                                             ▒▒▒▒▒=▒▒▒▒▒▒▒93==▒-#5=7▒▒I▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒+33▒▒▒+33▒A9=#A55;'!9)▒▒▒▒e=1-9▒;-%=)▒▒▒                                                                                                                                                             ▒▒▒▒#!▒3!#7▒=▒▒▒▒▒=▒▒▒9▒▒▒▒▒=▒▒-#5=7▒▒I▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒+33▒▒▒+33▒A9=#A55;'!9)▒▒▒▒e                                                                                                                                                             =1-9▒;-%=)▒▒▒▒▒▒▒#!▒3!#7▒=▒▒▒▒▒=▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒9▒-#5=7▒▒I▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒+33▒▒▒+33▒A9=#                                                                                                                                                             A55;'!9)▒▒▒▒e=1-9▒;-%=)▒▒▒▒▒▒▒#!▒3!#7▒=▒▒▒▒▒=▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒95▒▒-#5=7▒▒I▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒+                                                                                                                                                             ▒3'=/▒=▒▒▒▒▒=▒5=▒▒5#7▒=▒▒▒▒▒=▒▒;▒▒▒I▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒+33▒▒▒ygu}ce}[iu[▒#!75▒3!#7▒=▒                                                                                                                                                             ▒▒▒▒=▒▒;▒▒▒#!▒3-#!75▒-#▒;'!9)▒▒▒▒▒▒=▒▒▒▒▒▒▒R▒▒띣▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒+33▒▒▒#!-95▒▒▒▒▒▒+33▒A;-                                                                                                                                                             5%▒▒▒▒!3▒7=%▒▒▒▒#9/59)57▒▒▒▒!#▒▒=#7▒▒▒!3▒3▒▒▒▒75=7▒▒▒▒!#▒▒3!#7▒▒▒I▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒E▒                                                                                                                                                             =-#1▒-#-▒▒!-!#▒!▒)5'▒▒Y55▒g-#▒w!9%5#=-!#▒-#-▒▒3!1-7=#95▒▒▒

First, you DO NOT need to connect ground (and it looks like you are connecting the 3.3v line rather than ground in your pic).
Second, what program are you using to connect? You may need to set the speed, e.g 115200, aprity and data bits and / or set the display to ANSI.

nitrox1

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:24:47 PM

First, you DO NOT need to connect ground (and it looks like you are connecting the 3.3v line rather than ground in your pic).
Second, what program are you using to connect? You may need to set the speed, e.g 115200, aprity and data bits and / or set the display to ANSI.

I'm using Putty and I have from left to right connected Tx, Rx, Gnd, 3.3 is outer left pin, and 5v is outer right pin.
I will try without GND.
As far as my settings go in putty. I select Serial, I choose the right COM port, in this case COM3, I set baud to 115200, I hit connect, and that is my output on the screen.
I've done nothing with:"aprity and data bits and / or set the display to ANSI" and wouldn't know where to find it. When I try putty settings they don't seem to stick.

Thanks
pekatete

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 06:34:05 PM

I'm using Putty and I have from left to right connected Tx, Rx, Gnd, 3.3 is outer left pin, and 5v is outer right pin.
I will try without GND.
As far as my settings go in putty. I select Serial, I choose the right COM port, in this case COM3, I set baud to 115200, I hit connect, and that is my output on the screen.
I've done nothing with:"aprity and data bits and / or set the display to ANSI" and wouldn't know where to find it. When I try putty settings they don't seem to stick.

Thanks
I can not seem to find where you set the terminal display in putty, but I have previously used Realterm and when I got garbled output like you have, all I had to do was set the correct baud speed and set the terminal display to ANSI. I suppose in your instance you'll have to try out different baud speeds, but suffice to say you are on the right track.

nitrox1

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:51:20 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2014, 07:39:16 PM by nitrox1

I will try without GND.

Thanks
I can not seem to find where you set the terminal display in putty, but I have previously used Realterm and when I got garbled output like you have, all I had to do was set the correct baud speed and set the terminal display to ANSI. I suppose in your instance you'll have to try out different baud speeds, but suffice to say you are on the right track.

I had pins wrong!!!!!!!!!! I'll get photo up in a second, don't believe the square point is GND.

I now have something better, but still can type.

U-Boot 1.1.4 (Apr 11 2013 - 01:45:00)

U-boot for ELink, build by huangfc(QQ:343669866)

Taobao:http://huangfc.taobao.com

model:ELink M150
DRAM:  64 MB
led turning on for 1s...
id read 0x100000ff
flash size 8388608, sector count = 128
Flash:  8 MB
Using default environment

In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Net:   ag7240_enet_initialize...
: cfg1 0x5 cfg2 0x7114
eth0: 00:03:7f:ff:ff:ff
eth0 up
: cfg1 0xf cfg2 0x7214
eth1: 00:03:7f:ff:ff:fe
athrs26_reg_init_lan
ATHRS26: resetting s26
ATHRS26: s26 reset done
eth1 up
eth0, eth1
Autobooting in 1 seconds,Press p to stop autoboot!!
Easy-Link> reboot

Typing reboot there did nothing.

Here is a pastebin of the ful output, which ends in a lovely kernel panic, with loads of missing locks.

http://pastebin.com/RZ1x4PmJ

Hope you can see cable colour and orientation

https://i.imgur.com/CvNPRKW.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/zqMlYpr.jpg
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: