Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:54:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Cryptocoins, the first crypto hedge fund bridging euro and Asset Exchange  (Read 1303 times)
BldSwtTrs (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:03:52 PM

Hi,

I am unrelated to this fund but the managers are friends of mine and I think this is a good idea to bring fresh fiat into crypto, it also may turn to be a good investment idea for you people already in crypto.

Here's the announcement:

I am pleased to announce the relase to the CryptoCoins hedge fund, result of months of work at CFA Consulting.

CryptoCoins is a hedge fund invested in crypto currencies, mainly Bitcoin. Based on the Nxt Asset Exchange (asset ID: 615502203617265072), it use it as the backbone for its trading, but since it is primarily aimed at attracting people from the non crypto world, it will be tradable directly in euros through the CCEDK exchange platform, chosen among other reasons for its quick reaction time.
It aims at hedging the risks associated with the high Bitcoin volatility.
The CryptoCoins hedge fund was backtested between October 2013 and October 2014:

Documentation is available for this fund here:
•   A six-page fund’s presentation
•   A fourteen-page procedure to learn how to buy the fund from the Asset Exchange
•   A thirty-page procedure to learn how to buy the fund with euros from CCEDK
•   A two-page procedure to learn how to actively participate in the trading choices of CryptoCoins and earn money from it

Updates concerning the fund can be found here.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:54:40 PM

Interesting, I've already visited CCEDK.com and bought some!

I am not sure about the risk, there seem to be "real people" behind this (check their website), but I couldn't find any registration information of a swiss company named "CFA Consulting". At least their whois entry leads to switzerland and is not anonymized!

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
barbierir

Activity: 515
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 10:30:02 PM

Definitely interesting and with real names behind. I would buy some through the Nxt asset exchange but, as CryptKeeper wrote, the company registration number would be the icing on the cake  Cheesy 

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
DoM P

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 12:23:21 AM

I am not sure about the risk, there seem to be "real people" behind this (check their website), but I couldn't find any registration information of a swiss company named "CFA Consulting". At least their whois entry leads to switzerland and is not anonymized!

Yes, there are real people. I'm the CEO of CFA Consulting, and co-manager of the fund.
There are 3 reasons why you could not find that company registered in Switzerland:
1. It's not registered yet. We've had unwanted delays due to regulation, and we're hoping to fix that in the coming days.
2. It won't be registered in Switzerland in 2014. Maybe next year. For now, we're going for RAK.
3. The name CFA Consulting was not available in RAK, so we decided to create a holding instead.

More information on this forum, too: https://nxtforum.org/asset-exchange-general/cryptocoins-the-first-crypto-hedge-fund-bridging-euro-and-asset-exchange/
CryptKeeper
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 07:22:51 AM

Yes, there are real people. I'm the CEO of CFA Consulting, and co-manager of the fund.
There are 3 reasons why you could not find that company registered in Switzerland:
1. It's not registered yet. We've had unwanted delays due to regulation, and we're hoping to fix that in the coming days.
2. It won't be registered in Switzerland in 2014. Maybe next year. For now, we're going for RAK.
3. The name CFA Consulting was not available in RAK, so we decided to create a holding instead.

More information on this forum, too: https://nxtforum.org/asset-exchange-general/cryptocoins-the-first-crypto-hedge-fund-bridging-euro-and-asset-exchange/

Thanks for clearing this up.

I'm not familiar with "RAK", could you please explain what it is?

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
DoM P

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 07:32:45 AM

Thanks for clearing this up.

I'm not familiar with "RAK", could you please explain what it is?

Sure.
It's in the United Arab Emirates, just offshore Dubai.
We chose that location because for now, crypto currencies regulations worldwide are still in discussion, and we don't know what they'll look like in a few months/years.
RAK has no taxes and no mandatory accounting.
And since we'll be managing dozens of currencies and assets, which prices greaty varies every day, doing the accounting is quite difficult.
We do our accounting, but we think it would be very hard, lengthy, and expensive to comply to accounting regulations in this case.
So no mandatory accounting work well for us now.

DoM P

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:26:05 PM

We are pleased to announce the first CryptoCoins monthly report.

It can be downloaded here: http://cfa-consulting.ch/dlfiles/CryptoCoins_Report_2014-12_EN.pdf

Extract:
CryptKeeper
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 11:45:53 AM

What's up with CryptoCoins?

No fund report since december, buy walls at AE and CCEDK vanished long ago.

Read about the whole drama here: https://nxtforum.org/asset-exchange-general/cryptocoins-the-first-crypto-hedge-fund-bridging-euro-and-asset-exchange/

Huh

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: