Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:09:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: House of Chance - a Game of Thrones inspired game with no house edge!  (Read 4495 times)
byteSized

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 03:46:43 PM

Amazing site! Just one little problem. I can't see the whole chat bubble.

It stops like this.

Can't scroll up any higher. This is Google Chrome by the way.

alequo (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 06:12:20 PM

Amazing site! Just one little problem. I can't see the whole chat bubble.

It stops like this.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t34.0-12/10893374_10202250061772280_1397305415_n.jpg?oh=12ad038df718f98512d62c1fc3ad76d9&oe=54A21D94&__gda__=1419915833_0f3b1859b22e177299f63787f09ed224

Can't scroll up any higher. This is Google Chrome by the way.

Really sorry about that byteSized. The site was optimized for larger screens, which is definitely not fun for folks with smaller ones, or with mobile devices. This is something I'm going to have to fix. As a short term fix, you can press CTRL and - (minus character) at the same time in chrome to zoom out, which should allow you to see more of the screen.

See: https://houseofchance.net/faq#a20

A longer term fix will be to make the site more "responsive" and adapt it's look and feel based on the size of the screen. Right now everything is placed in a very particular way so that it looks the way it does. It needs to automatically customize itself. Would love advice from people here who are UI experts.

Thanks so much for checking out the site Smiley
alequo (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 06:14:06 PM

Looks really fun!

Would love to see a 'fairgrounds' of some sort with more games. Like those medieval striped tents players can walk to and from whilst listening to renaissancefairmusic.

Thanks for the kind words Seymour. If there's enough interest from folks playing this game and requesting other themes I will definitely work on that. My main goal was to create a game that might appeal to folks outside the bitcoin community to help us grow our community larger. And also because I love Game of Thrones Smiley
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 07:10:57 PM

good to see that more and more people like this idea. I think there is a lot of potential in this work and with the help of the users it may get only better.

this space is intentionally left blank
byteSized

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 08:19:43 PM

Really sorry about that byteSized. The site was optimized for larger screens, which is definitely not fun for folks with smaller ones, or with mobile devices. This is something I'm going to have to fix. As a short term fix, you can press CTRL and - (minus character) at the same time in chrome to zoom out, which should allow you to see more of the screen.

See: https://houseofchance.net/faq#a20

A longer term fix will be to make the site more "responsive" and adapt it's look and feel based on the size of the screen. Right now everything is placed in a very particular way so that it looks the way it does. It needs to automatically customize itself. Would love advice from people here who are UI experts.

Thanks so much for checking out the site Smiley

Sure thing, it's amazing. Cheesy I was thinking about using it to introduce bitcoin to my sister who's in love with Game of Thrones.

Keep up the good work! Smiley

alequo (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 01:40:31 AM

Sure thing, it's amazing. Cheesy I was thinking about using it to introduce bitcoin to my sister who's in love with Game of Thrones.

That would be so amazing, thank you! If anyone else has advice on the best way I can market to fans of Game of Thrones, I would love to hear from you. I think we have a great chance to reach out to other non technical people by building stuff for them that's exciting to use for other reasons than the one which is important to all of us (that bitcoin is awesome Smiley But I'm not very knowlegeable about marketing so any help is appreciated.

alequo (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 12:52:04 AM

Sorry, I think the mistake is on my part. I thought I got a double. ie type 2.
But when I verified I got type 0.

No, I think you're right.

I just bet 10k with a balance of 12k. My spin came up as a double, but when I went to respin (which should be free) it told me I didn't have enough in my balance.

Now I expect it had already decided that I had lost, but it should still let me make my 2nd and possibly 3rd spins and let me see the loss happen.

I'll stop playing, so the spin I'm talking about was the last one on the 'dooglus' account.

Doog and Watoshi, I found the bug you both pointed out. It was quite small and has been fixed. The bug did not affect your payouts, but did show a confusing message about your balance not being high enough to make the next bet in the sequence of doubles that you were playing.

As thanks for helping me find this bug I have gifted you both 1000 gold Dragons which you're free to play with or to withdraw as you wish. Thanks to both of you.

* As an additional update, for folks who've played at the House of Chance before, please do a CTRL-F5 when you revisit the site. Some of the javascript has been updated so that the game will adjust its zoom level to the size of you screen (previously for small monitors it was cutting off some of the imagery).

* A second update is that player are now able to gift each other gold Dragons (which are directly convertible to bitcoins):

https://houseofchance.net/faq#a13_2
KingOfSports

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:45:10 AM

Still don't understand this game and get confused just by going to the site...

alequo (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 04:16:50 AM

Still don't understand this game and get confused just by going to the site...

Sorry about that. If there's anything in particular confusing you, please let me know I'm happy to explain. Also the FAQ has some explanations of a few things I thought might not be immediately obvious to players:

https://houseofchance.net/faq

thanks for trying it out Smiley
alequo (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 12:37:11 AM

Hi guys, the House of Chance is currently under maintenance to upgrade the server. Hopefully should be back by tomorrow. All deposits are safe. Will report back when the site is back again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
alequo (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 12:44:11 AM

Hi guys, the House of Chance is currently under maintenance to upgrade the server. Hopefully should be back by tomorrow. All deposits are safe. Will report back when the site is back again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Service is back! Host came through with new server faster than I expected. It may take some time for DNS propagation and for the bitcoin daemon to catchup, but the game is back! Smiley
alequo (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 11:58:24 PM

Hi friends, with the imminent release of season 5 of Game of Thrones, I thought you might want to take another look at my Game of Thrones inspired bitcoin game Smiley Any feedback is appreciated
activebiz

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 01:07:44 AM

nice site theme. good luck with this project

alequo (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2015, 06:30:06 PM

Hi friends, I hope you're enjoying Game of Thrones season 5 (I have been!). If you're not aware of it, please give House of Chance a try. It's the first bitcoin gaming site that incorporates both luck and knowledge - the more you know about Game of Thrones the better your odds. It's even possible to reduce the house edge to less than zero with knowledgeable play!
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 07:38:26 PM

please give House of Chance a try

You should link it:

House of Chance

Some people won't be willing to click up to the first post to find the URL.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 07:41:25 PM

I love game of thrones.  lol.. I'll have to check this one out.  I like the house banners.  It would be cool to tie in all the sayings for the families too... like "winter is coming" and all that.  And more dragons... definitely more dragons!

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
josephno1

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Get Free Mobile Data http://get.kickbit.com/1/oexq

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 07:49:28 PM

Without a house edge, how do you guys plan on keeps this service alive since it isn't free to run a website

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 07:51:38 PM

I love game of thrones.  lol.. I'll have to check this one out.  I like the house banners.  It would be cool to tie in all the sayings for the families too... like "winter is coming" and all that.  And more dragons... definitely more dragons!

There are trivial questions that pop up when you win, and your win involved your house banner. Some of them ask about the sayings. I think one of the questions is "what is the (saying) for the house of Stark"... if you get it right, you win more than if you get it wrong, but if you get it wrong you still win something.

I just bet 1000, hit two triples in a row, including one set of my own house banners. I got the question right, and so won 4500, for a profit of 3500. My win didn't show up in the chat, although a couple of my smaller wins did.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
vendetahome

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 08:08:15 PM

Without a house edge, how do you guys plan on keeps this service alive since it isn't free to run a website
people will still loose money because of the greed most people have it doesnt mater that theres no house edge
alequo (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2015, 09:48:42 PM

There are trivial questions that pop up when you win, and your win involved your house banner. Some of them ask about the sayings. I think one of the questions is "what is the (saying) for the house of Stark"... if you get it right, you win more than if you get it wrong, but if you get it wrong you still win something.

I just bet 1000, hit two triples in a row, including one set of my own house banners. I got the question right, and so won 4500, for a profit of 3500. My win didn't show up in the chat, although a couple of my smaller wins did.

Thanks Doog, for the link and explanation. 

(Doog & Deb were also a great help in the early testing of the game. Any issues with the site are obviously my own fault however!)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: