Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:08:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: House of Chance - a Game of Thrones inspired game with no house edge!  (Read 4493 times)
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 06:14:21 AM

Site design looks excellent, couldn't play as I was a little short on time but made an account and will defo try it soon. All you need now is a small promotion to attract players. GL

alequo (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 06:10:17 PM

Site design looks excellent, couldn't play as I was a little short on time but made an account and will defo try it soon. All you need now is a small promotion to attract players. GL

Thanks for the suggestion bitbaby. Would love advice on what kind of promotion I should use. What do you guys think would work best?
bitbaby

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 09:50:11 AM

Thanks for the suggestion bitbaby. Would love advice on what kind of promotion I should use. What do you guys think would work best?

I say start from this forum itself in the Games and rounds section, a little no-deposit bonus to test the site with a x10 or x20 rollover for withdrawals and with it you can add that people either tweet or share a link on their facebook/twitter page or both to be eligible for the no-deposit bonus. And once you're done with that you can start a sig-campaign.

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 05:12:30 PM

I want to also say a big thank you to Deb and Dooglus, who were the first users of the House of Chance and gave me plenty of very helpful feedback (Doog even caught some important bugs for me). Deb was great at providing general usability feedback and creating some fantastic trivia for the site (I hope folks will play the game and get a chance to test their Game of Thrones knowledge against Deb's trivia).

Of course I want to emphasize that this is NOT an endorsement of the site by either of them and they are in no way associated with it. Any potential issues with the site are my own responsibility.

Thanks Deb&Doog!

You're very welcome. It was fun play-testing it, and good to see you addressing the issues we brought up. (Like the 50% edge in the player's favour that you accidentally started out with!)

Thanks for acknowledging that we don't and can't endorse the site. Some people don't seem to get that.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
PositiveEV

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 05:23:43 PM

Digging it. Nice design. Congratulations on the site!
alequo (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 05:48:42 PM

I say start from this forum itself in the Games and rounds section, a little no-deposit bonus to test the site with a x10 or x20 rollover for withdrawals and with it you can add that people either tweet or share a link on their facebook/twitter page or both to be eligible for the no-deposit bonus. And once you're done with that you can start a sig-campaign.

Sorry for my ignorance bitbaby, could you explain what you mean by an x10 rollover for withdrawals? I like the idea of paying users for tweets. Right now there is a payout for users who contribute trivia to the site, since the trivia is a big part of what makes the game unique and fun (in my opinion Smiley, so that lets anyone play for real money without having to acquire or own bitcoins. That was an important decision for me because I want to be able to attract people who don't yet know much about bitcoin but do love Game of Thrones.

Also, anyone can go to the site and start playing for free using the 1000 complimentary silver Stags that all users who don't have accounts are given. Silver Stags aren't convertible to bitcoins though, only gold Dragons. And users who don't create an account won't be asked trivia questions, which creates an extra incentive for users to create an account Smiley
alequo (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 06:07:34 PM

You're very welcome. It was fun play-testing it, and good to see you addressing the issues we brought up. (Like the 50% edge in the player's favour that you accidentally started out with!)

Heh, yeah, that was the most valuable bug fix - you really saved me finding that. It was only a one line fix, but if you hadn't pointed it out, I would have bankrupted myself within a day Smiley Can't say how much I appreciate that you were willing to look at my code, spend your time thinking about it and help out someone you've never even met. I hope I'll get to meet you in person some day, maybe at a bitcoin conference or something!
activebiz

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:19:40 PM

nice site. ill try a few rounds on this site. hope I'm lucky today

Nidaleee

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:27:10 PM

so whats the minimum to cash out in this game?
alequo (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 08:37:11 PM

so whats the minimum to cash out in this game?

The minimum amount you can bet is 0.000001 (1micro btc or 1 gold Dragon in the currency of Westeros). The minimum withdrawal amount is 0.001btc (i.e., 1mbtc or 1000 gold Dragons). A small fee of 0.1 mbtc is deducted from withdrawals to ensure fast delivery. Without putting in a miner's fee I've seen transactions take almost a day to get a confirmation, which is a pretty bad user experience. So I opted for adding the small miner fee to all withdrawals.

Thanks for trying it out Smiley
alequo (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 08:48:17 PM

I hope you get lucky too activebiz! Btw, if you don't feel like making a deposit, you can sign up and create some Game of Thrones trivia. For each question that you create that's accepted in review you will get 1000 gold Dragons which you can play with or withdraw immediately.
Minnlo

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 09:19:47 PM

Sorry for my ignorance bitbaby, could you explain what you mean by an x10 rollover for withdrawals? I like the idea of paying users for tweets. Right now there is a payout for users who contribute trivia to the site, since the trivia is a big part of what makes the game unique and fun (in my opinion Smiley, so that lets anyone play for real money without having to acquire or own bitcoins. That was an important decision for me because I want to be able to attract people who don't yet know much about bitcoin but do love Game of Thrones.

Also, anyone can go to the site and start playing for free using the 1000 complimentary silver Stags that all users who don't have accounts are given. Silver Stags aren't convertible to bitcoins though, only gold Dragons. And users who don't create an account won't be asked trivia questions, which creates an extra incentive for users to create an account Smiley

With a x10 rollover, the user will need to first wager 10x the bonus before the amount can be withdrawn.
For example, if you give 10000 satoshi free credit to me, I will need to first gamble a total of 100000 satoshi in order to withdraw my account balance.

philiveyjr
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 11:26:16 PM

I hope you get lucky too activebiz! Btw, if you don't feel like making a deposit, you can sign up and create some Game of Thrones trivia. For each question that you create that's accepted in review you will get 1000 gold Dragons which you can play with or withdraw immediately.

Thats a pretty good idea. Im gonna deposit, but, also make some trivia questions. Smiley

Winter is coming.!

alequo (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 12:10:42 AM

Thats a pretty good idea. Im gonna deposit, but, also make some trivia questions. Smiley

Winter is coming.!

Awesome, thanks Phil! A Lannister always pays his debts  Wink

Probably worth reading the FAQ on what makes a good question:

https://houseofchance.net/faq#a8

I should also mention that not only will you be rewarded with gold Dragons (i.e., bitcoins) for questions that are accepted, but you will be acknowledged every time your question is shown to other users. I want those who contribute to know that their questions will play an important part of what makes the site fun to use. It's really a crowd sourced game. I really appreciate everyone's contributions.

bitbaby

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 09:42:06 AM

-snip-

x10 or x20 rollover is a condition you put on withdrawals for the no-deposit bonus, so that players don't abuse the system and they actually spend some time on the site and not just withdraw the bonus and run away. And I wasn't aware that you already had '1000 complimentary silver stags' and that users who contribute to trivia are given a little bonus, which for now I think is enough to test the site, so no need to do anything just yet. Slow and steady is good. Smiley

Watoshi-Dimobuto

Merit: 524

Yes!

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:12:10 AM

My balance didn't show up even after 1 conf. I relogged in. and it showed up.

My second bet:
Watoshi   2014-12-18 11:09:42   1088   3   true   true   200   10x   1800

lol, the thing is I don't know nothing about Game of thrones. Seriously.
Watoshi-Dimobuto

Merit: 524

Yes!

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:19:22 AM

Huh

I have trouble with the game.
I made 15000 bet. I got double. My balance was around 19000. So, I can make just 1 spin?
It came, I don't have enough balance Huh

EDIT: I checked. It is not so. At least in free play. You don't have to pay for additional spin on double. So, I think I lost it because a bug?
alequo (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 04:13:42 PM

Huh

I made 15000 bet. I got double. My balance was around 19000. So, I can make just 1 spin?

EDIT: I checked. It is not so. At least in free play. You don't have to pay for additional spin on double. So, I think I lost it because a bug?

Hi Watoshi, apologies for the bad experience. I will look into what happened as soon as possible. I am away from my computer for a few hours today, but when I come back I will look into it first thing. I really want everyone who uses the site to have a good experience.
alequo (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 09:15:47 PM

Huh

Hi Watoshi, I'm back and am looking into your problem. The bets and payouts seem correct to me. Is there a bet in particular you think didn't payout correctly? The bets are listed here:

https://houseofchance.net/bets

The payout table is here:

https://houseofchance.net/faq#a9_1

Also, if you want to verify the correctness of the spins that you saw, you can go to the main slot machine page and open up the fairness window by pressing 'f', or by pressing on the tick icon in the betting box. Then click "randomize" on the server seed. This will allow you to verify the correctness of all past sequence of spins that you saw.

I hope that helps, but if there is still confusion please let me know, I'm happy to help. And thanks so much for playing!
KingOfSports

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:02:47 AM

Never watched house of thrones. Assuming I never get any questions right, whats the house edge? Seems quite high.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: