Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:09:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm proud of Bitcoin :).  (Read 3329 times)
elinehaarbollen (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:33:18 PM

I still remember 1 year ago when I used Bitcoin to buy some weed on silk road.
Now becoming main stream due Microsoft.
This is just the beginning folks. Blockhalving soonish. Great time to come.
I wonder when this bear market will be over.

Cool
Hash72

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 03:02:55 PM

Cool

Many are proud to use BTC as a primary sources of payment i think in the end of 2100 no other payment system will hold against BTC.

gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 03:21:15 PM

maybe Microsoft soon offers dope, who knows?
thresher

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 05:20:12 PM

The Microsoft news has let me feel proud of bitcoin for the first time in a long time. 
All these major companies have ceo's that talk, team's of analysts, etc.  Whatever the reason is I am sure Microsoft would only adopt something due to the massive savings it offers them in transaction fees, convenience, accessibility, or whatever the case is.  I am pretty sure the people who make these decisions are a lot smarter than all these dumb trolls on here claiming bitcoin is finished. 

My fortune cookie I got at lunch says , "Be calm, like a giant tree in a storm."  So trust in food lol. Grin
exocytosis

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 05:56:38 PM

Yeah, the Microsoft thing was really great news for Bitcoin! Just look at how the price went to the Moon in a ro...

Uh, right, guys ...? The price went to the Moon, right? Just as it did with the Expedia-, Dell-, Overstock-, PayPal- and other "good" news of large merchants "accepting" Bitcoin ...?

Roll Eyes 

I'd be very surprised if we're not sub 300 on January 1st 2015.

HotHamHock

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 06:30:44 PM

...Whatever the reason is I am sure Microsoft would only adopt something due to the massive savings it offers them in transaction fees, convenience, accessibility, or whatever the case is....

Since the transaction is done through BitPay and subject to their fee, whatever financial gain (savings) they may see on a per transaction basis is likely not massive at all.

Microsoft did it primarily for two reasons...
1) Positive PR - gives the public the impression MS is forward thinking in 'keeping up' with innovation
2) Never be negligent in opening a potential avenue for revenue when the cost to implement a new payment option is practically nothing
Martijnvdc

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 08:25:36 PM

I was quite surprised to hear Microsoft got involved in bitcoin. But then again, i have heard a lot of surprising news from them lately (open source, cross platform .NET framework?!)
Then again, it's a smart move, ofcourse, since it's yet another way to let people pay. The more the better, and they don't have to make their hands dirty, so to speak, since the payment is done via BitPay.
I hope many more large companies like this will join in the near future. Look at Dell!

The media seems awfully silent about these things though, even though it's pretty big news. There was a "hype" for bitcoin in my country half a year ago, but it seems the media has absolutely no interest in it anymore.
kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 08:41:44 PM

According to the interview with the Microsoft CEO, it looks like they will start accepting BTC for everything they offer in every country within a year or two max! That's a HUGE thing!
Hash72

Activity: 294

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 09:03:47 PM

According to the interview with the Microsoft CEO, it looks like they will start accepting BTC for everything they offer in every country within a year or two max! That's a HUGE thing!
yes it is specially for a 3rd world country in Africa Asia ..

jokerboy

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 09:08:54 PM

We all do !
rogerdonkey

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 09:14:52 PM

its time for waiting bitcoin to da moon, news microsoft accept bitcoin and now waiting for google accept bitcoin too.
i'm so proud of bitcoin  Wink

elinehaarbollen (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 10:30:36 PM

Yeah, the Microsoft thing was really great news for Bitcoin! Just look at how the price went to the Moon in a ro...

Uh, right, guys ...? The price went to the Moon, right? Just as it did with the Expedia-, Dell-, Overstock-, PayPal- and other "good" news of large merchants "accepting" Bitcoin ...?

Roll Eyes  

Bitcoin is finding its real price , after that it will boom again like the 3 other times before.
If you don't have trust in bitcoin why are you even here ?
Maybe you bought in at 900 dollars ?
tomsanders

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 10:36:57 PM

Roll Eyes  

Bitcoin is finding its real price , after that it will boom again like the 3 other times before.
Maybe you bought in at 900 dollars ?

Bit coin will rise in 2015.....watch this space....
caga

Activity: 238

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 10:42:48 PM

Cool

The news of Microsoft hasn't been the biggest one yet. I was expecting more from Paypal to start and integrate bitcoins in their system.
Currently, I see no services offered by them for it.

picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 10:49:38 PM

Cool

When the bear market is over, the price will pop up to a new ATH and crazy prices fueled by inflation and dreams that will actually have a chance of becoming true.
nowfel

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 01:36:46 AM

well there is hope for bitcoin it will change the life Smiley
fewcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 02:43:00 AM

Cool

When the bear market is over, the price will pop up to a new ATH and crazy prices fueled by inflation and dreams that will actually have a chance of becoming true.

Oh yea??? Who will be happy to pay you $1,200 per coin??? The poor & oppressed "middle class" that has been pushed to expand the lower class?

Face fact's bro this scheme is in its final stages... More people cashing out everyday & no new money coming in... wake up for your dream world fantasy!
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 07:29:01 AM

Cool

Oh yea??? Who will be happy to pay you $1,200 per coin??? The poor & oppressed "middle class" that has been pushed to expand the lower class?

Face fact's bro this scheme is in its final stages... More people cashing out everyday & no new money coming in... wake up for your dream world fantasy!

The price is lower than what it used to be but Bitcoin is strong and will rise in price in a world where big fiat currencies will lose their value. 3600 new coins are created everyday and some of them end up on the market for the miners to pay for their maintenance costs but higher prices mean they need to sell less coins.
exocytosis

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 08:15:42 AM

Cheesy  Is this supposed to be some sort of cultist echo chamber, where only bulltards are allowed? Do you want this to be a copy of /r/bitcoin, where critical posters are banned?

I'm here because I'm a student of religion, and I find the Bitcoin Cult fascinating. I'm also here to warn newbies against this imploding pyramid scheme.

I bought in at $740 in mid November 2013, and sold at $1100 a couple of weeks later.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 08:18:08 AM

Cool

We are a part of this new *monetary* revolution , it is only a question of time ... and we will be victorious.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: