Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:37:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitForce SC - release notes  (Read 12911 times)
nedbert9

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Inactive

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 08:46:16 PM

We've been working with Bit-Pay for a BTC exclusive order form.  This is meant to both promote the good services of Bit-Pay and give dedicated miners a bit of an advantage in getting in position.  We'll have that posted later tonight.  Alternate payment methods of Dwolla and BankWire will come shortly thereafter.

Please help...   We're respectful of the significance of order position, but we can't think of any good way to organize it other than opening it up to orders and letting it go as it may.

Another alternative is to go odd / even.   Odd being consecutive down the priority list and even being a random selection from orders that month.  

Any thoughts on this?

BFL, I appreciate the sensitivity to the issue of order position.

Right off the bat I will assume that the logistics of storing inventory to be released in few, but large quantities will be difficult.

What I, and many worry about, is either the slow, steady flow or the incremental, but frequent flow approaches.  To what degree those on the end of the trade-in list get burned is, I suppose, based on your output velocity.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ice_chill

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 08:46:40 PM

First come first serve is how it's always done .. why change it ?

Why should someone who paid 2 months ago receive later than someone who paid last week ?

Lets not turn business into gameshow.
ice_chill

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 08:48:56 PM

orders should go as Odd being the order as they come...

you will have a handful of random ppl doing trade-ins and full orders... so it's only right...

one thing would be nice to Limit the amount per order, per month.

so... if your pre-ordering, or trade-in...

10-20 jalapenos limit for first order for that month
5-10 SC single limit for first order for that month
1 rig limit for first order for that month...

that way it provides a balance of orders that go out to a variety more of consumers, rather then if someone has 20-30 singles ordered... well there's a problem...

just like most retailers, manufacturers, etc... would do for something in demand... put a limit on it to create some balance of fairness to other consumers down the line...

This will only work if you have no friends, I have friends all around England and France, I can get them to order on my behalf and pay them.

This just will not work.
smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 08:49:25 PM

BFL:  Will you allow customer pickup's for the ASIC's?  I will seriously drive up there to pick them up.  It will save you shipping and I will get to mine a few days earlier.
Definit

Activity: 357

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 08:51:32 PM

orders should go as Odd being the order as they come...

you will have a handful of random ppl doing trade-ins and full orders... so it's only right...

one thing would be nice to Limit the amount per order, per month.

so... if your pre-ordering, or trade-in...

10-20 jalapenos limit for first order for that month
5-10 SC single limit for first order for that month
1 rig limit for first order for that month...

that way it provides a balance of orders that go out to a variety more of consumers, rather then if someone has 20-30 singles ordered... well there's a problem...

just like most retailers, manufacturers, etc... would do for something in demand... put a limit on it to create some balance of fairness to other consumers down the line...

This will only work if you have no friends, I have friends all around England and France, I can get them to order on my behalf and pay them.

This just will not work.

true indeed.

but you included the word Friends... which im betting theres about a 90% chance it will work then. lol
allten

Activity: 455

You Don't Bitcoin 'till You Mint Coin

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 08:51:56 PM

Why should someone who paid 2 months ago receive later than someone who paid last week ?

Let's say they get a queue of 2000 thousand orders in one hour. Extreme probably, but who knows.
and then let's say they can only deliver 200 a week for the next 10 weeks.

See the problem now?
allten

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 08:55:05 PM

One idea I had was for each jalepeno that comes off the assembly line. goes directly to a mining pool ( I know you don't mine, but maybe you could team up with somebody who does). Each preorder would have a share into that pool. Once there's enough hardware to satisfy all the orders....boom! you ship 'em all out.
ice_chill

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 08:57:02 PM

Let's say they get a queue of 2000 thousand orders in one hour. Extreme probably, but who knows.
and then let's say they can only deliver 200 a week for the next 10 weeks.

See the problem now?

As far as I know they queue them up based on date and not hours, so the 2000 order that comes on day 1 will be shipped randomly, once they are all shipped, orders from day 2 will take over.
Tachikoma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 09:00:52 PM

We've been working with Bit-Pay for a BTC exclusive order form.  This is meant to both promote the good services of Bit-Pay and give dedicated miners a bit of an advantage in getting in position.  We'll have that posted later tonight.

Does this mean you will start the pre-orders tonight?

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
Gomeler

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 09:02:01 PM

One idea I had was for each jalepeno that comes off the assembly line. goes directly to a mining pool ( I know you don't mine, but maybe you could team up with somebody who does). Each preorder would have a share into that pool. Once there's enough hardware to satisfy all the orders....boom! you ship 'em all out.

Bad idea.. I wouldn't want BFL distracted with powering and housing a farm of boxes. Receive parts, assemble, burn test for a day or two, ship. Their performance with the Single and their horrific PR hopefully are due to being overloaded so don't even consider pulling more time off to manage some sort of group hardware sharing thing.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 09:04:32 PM

I think first come, first serve should be the method of madness.  However, anyone who currently has a prior-gen single on order and wants to upgrade the order to SC should be shipped to first.  Seems only fair, since they put down the money earlier.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 09:06:11 PM

All the profit come from new customers without trades.

If you or anyone else actually believes that I have bridge in Brooklyn going real cheap..
Put on your reading glasses and stop misquoting me. I said that was my best guess, not that I believed any such thing. Since you seem to have inside information, would you care to share any more with us? Preferably in sentences that could be read easily, utilizing useful things such as punctuation.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 09:08:35 PM

How much power do these SC devices use?

nedbert9

Activity: 252

Inactive

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 09:12:19 PM

I think first come, first serve should be the method of madness.  However, anyone who currently has a prior-gen single on order and wants to upgrade the order to SC should be shipped to first.  Seems only fair, since they put down the money earlier.

That would be an interesting idea.  Would mess with their single projections.

Tachikoma

Activity: 938

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 09:23:59 PM

I don't think there is any info about that yet, just that the Jalapeno is powered via USB so that's like 5V ?

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 09:28:51 PM

I don't think there is any info about that yet, just that the Jalapeno is powered via USB so that's like 5V ?
Quoting from Wikipedia in regards to USB power limits:

Quote from: Wikipedia
The USB 1.x and 2.0 specifications provide a 5 V supply on a single wire from which connected USB devices may draw power. The specification provides for no more than 5.25 V and no less than 4.75 V (5 V±5%) between the positive and negative bus power lines. For USB 3.0, the voltage supplied by low-powered hub ports is 4.45–5.25 V.

A unit load is defined as 100 mA in USB 2.0, and 150 mA in USB 3.0. A device may draw a maximum of 5 unit loads (500 mA) from a port in USB 2.0; 6 (900 mA) in USB 3.0. There are two types of devices: low-power and high-power. A low-power device draws at most 1 unit load, with minimum operating voltage of 4.4 V in USB 2.0, and 4 V in USB 3.0. A high-power device draws the maximum number of unit loads permitted by the standard. Every device functions initially as low-power but the device may request high-power and will get it if the power is available on the providing bus.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
DILLIGAF

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 09:55:40 PM

Quoting from Wikipedia in regards to USB power limits:

Quote from: Wikipedia
The USB 1.x and 2.0 specifications provide a 5 V supply on a single wire from which connected USB devices may draw power. The specification provides for no more than 5.25 V and no less than 4.75 V (5 V±5%) between the positive and negative bus power lines. For USB 3.0, the voltage supplied by low-powered hub ports is 4.45–5.25 V.

A unit load is defined as 100 mA in USB 2.0, and 150 mA in USB 3.0. A device may draw a maximum of 5 unit loads (500 mA) from a port in USB 2.0; 6 (900 mA) in USB 3.0. There are two types of devices: low-power and high-power. A low-power device draws at most 1 unit load, with minimum operating voltage of 4.4 V in USB 2.0, and 4 V in USB 3.0. A high-power device draws the maximum number of unit loads permitted by the standard. Every device functions initially as low-power but the device may request high-power and will get it if the power is available on the providing bus.

So 2.5w for 3.5gh/s maximum if usb 2.0 device, if usb 3.0 device then 4.5w maximum.
wknight
Legendary

Activity: 889

Bitcoin calls me an Orphan

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 10:02:42 PM

Any thoughts on this?

Why wouldn't you allow your current customers first rights to trading in their orders? They are the ones that have believed in your product and have already worked with you with possible long wait times for the product. I think this is a great way to show your appreciation to your current customer database and a big thank you for believing in your product.

Mining Both Bitcoin and Litecoin.
allten

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 10:03:27 PM

Bad idea.. I wouldn't want BFL distracted with powering and housing a farm of boxes. Receive parts, assemble, burn test for a day or two, ship. Their performance with the Single and their horrific PR hopefully are due to being overloaded so don't even consider pulling more time off to manage some sort of group hardware sharing thing.

I thought it was a great idea.
wasn't' their a trusted member from the community that visited BFL from time to time that could manage the pool.

The idea was they had someone else run the pool so no interruption.
ice_chill

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 11:10:46 PM

Any thoughts on this?

Why wouldn't you allow your current customers first rights to trading in their orders? They are the ones that have believed in your product and have already worked with you with possible long wait times for the product. I think this is a great way to show your appreciation to your current customer database and a big thank you for believing in your product.

The current customers enjoy mining on current equipment, while a new customer gives money upfront and gets nothing for the wait.
It should just be first come first serve, otherwise it will turn into a Soap Opera.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: