Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:24:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: delete [thebutterzone]  (Read 2948 times)
TheButterZone (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 10:15:17 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2015, 02:47:21 AM by TheButterZone

Everything I have on craigslist (with BTC prices auto-calculated in each post): http://fs.thebutterzone.com
Everything I have on CoinPost (easy to ship in USPS Flat Rate boxes): https://www.coinpost.com/users/thebutterzone
Will take GoxUSD codes or Liberty Reserve if you don't want to pay with BTC.

Been selling on craigslist for around a decade and constantly tweaking my ads to try to get sales and deter flakes.

Can do transactions over #bitcoin-otc WoT if you prefer.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stoppots

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 06:33:22 PM

man I need to do something like this, get rid of some of this clutter. Thanks for reminding me about a couple of pro-94 scanners I got around here somewhere
tgmarks
Donator

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 06:53:00 PM

Has anyone bought anything?  The adds don't read that well and none of the items are very interesting.

TheButterZone (OP)
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 06:56:09 PM

Nope. I am a terrible salesman.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
tgmarks
Donator

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 08:25:58 PM

I totally understand your point about the 'pay by midnight' and the 'not now means not ever', but it reads a little harsh.  If you omit that part or think about rewording it, it may help a little.  You may get a couple more responses saying not now, but I think it could help.

I think people get scared that anything telling you that you have to pay soon, by this immediate deadline, is a scam and just wants to take your money away.

TheButterZone (OP)
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 08:42:22 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2012, 11:20:19 PM by TheButterZone

I hear that, but...

99% of people who claim they "can't" come the day they call and schedule a future date appointment have flaked out. Why is it so hard to call only on the day that you will actually come here? If you truly "can't" come today, then you're in jail, the hospital, a kidnapper's basement, or stuck in some other situation that means you shouldn't even be calling me in the first place.

I leave the pay now, pick up later option for people who don't want to have first come, first serve work against them.

Even people who say they'll come the same day tend to flake, even if I've given them my address. Which makes me wonder if they're just collecting addresses to rob, and then find out by googling my number that I'm not a defenseless sheep, so they move on to softer targets.

I just checked my Google Voice contacts and the ratio of flakes (blocked group) to successful buyers (coworkers group) is about 2:1.

ETA: It's reworded now.

Maniac479

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 08:47:44 PM

You'd sell some of this stuff if your prices were reasonable.

I collect foreign coins and bills so I actually watched your video. I was patient, it took forever to load. Don't ask me why.  
Where did you come up with $5 each for these bills?  Huh $60 for all of them?    Roll Eyes
Good luck, dude!

There are standard catalogs for coins, but for bills there isn't - as far as I know. What I do is figure out the exchange rate if the bills are in circulation and go from there. Sometimes you can look them up online if you can figure out what country they're from.

I can't tell what they are or where they are from. Why the video? Why not just take pics of them? I was hoping the video would have audio telling me where they're from or some other info, but I didn't hear anything.

If you have a scanner, paper money scans well.
oldschool

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 08:57:57 PM

Everything I have on craigslist (with BTC prices auto-calculated in each post): http://fs.thebutterzone.com
Everything I have on CoinPost (easy to ship in USPS Flat Rate boxes): https://www.coinpost.com/users/thebutterzone

Been selling on craigslist for around a decade and constantly tweaking my ads to try to get sales and deter flakes.

Can do transactions over #bitcoin-otc WoT if you prefer.

Constructive criticism or plain old tips welcome in this thread, as well as buyer feedback.

I live in South OC and I've actually seen your ads on craigslist, I thought it was pretty cool that you did the conversion on the craigslist ad, and when browsing on my phone all of your items show the thumbnail with the bitcoin price!

Sorry to get off topic, just thought it was cool seeing someone local and having previously seen your ads!
TheButterZone (OP)
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 09:37:39 PM

You'd sell some of this stuff if your prices were reasonable.

I collect foreign coins and bills so I actually watched your video. I was patient, it took forever to load. Don't ask me why.  
Where did you come up with $5 each for these bills?  Huh $60 for all of them?    Roll Eyes
Good luck, dude!

There are standard catalogs for coins, but for bills there isn't - as far as I know. What I do is figure out the exchange rate if the bills are in circulation and go from there. Sometimes you can look them up online if you can figure out what country they're from.

I can't tell what they are or where they are from. Why the video? Why not just take pics of them? I was hoping the video would have audio telling me where they're from or some other info, but I didn't hear anything.

If you have a scanner, paper money scans well.

Video started streaming instantly for me... I have no clue how to figure out what some of them are or what they're worth so I just took pics and put them in a slideshow video so the ad wouldn't be bogged down by a ton of pictures. The price is the mean average of circulated out of print currency that I poked around eBay completed listings of, IIRC. Clearly the bills need to be viewed in person, and the only scanner I possess is someone else's consignment item - since I already tested all its functions, not sure if it would be ethical to use it any further without paying a rental fee.

Thanks, oldschool!

Maniac479

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 01:19:23 AM

The price is the mean average of circulated out of print currency that I poked around eBay completed listings of, IIRC. Clearly the bills need to be viewed in person, and the only scanner I possess is someone else's consignment item - since I already tested all its functions, not sure if it would be ethical to use it any further without paying a rental fee.

If you can scan them I may be able to help identify them. You could ask whoever you're consigning the scanner for if you could use it... and if he/she says yes, you are off the ethical hook!  Cool

I am in Maryland I am not going to be able to view them in person.   

TheButterZone (OP)
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2012, 09:41:29 PM

bump

Thread locked to prevent the online equivalent of billboard vandalism.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: