Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:42:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help mr.mcnoob for a min with GFX card  (Read 1286 times)
Ampix0 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2011, 11:02:59 AM

Sorry I have to be a total noob and i hate it lol. So I seem to be having an issue Tongue I am VERY new to bitcoin, dont fully understand it.. But I figured I would once I got some coins. So i downloaded the bitcoin GUI miner and saw that my ATI Radeon 5770 should probably help me out.. and I got this message

Cant seem to figure out why... I game with it all the time.

I'll leave GPU mining on today till I get back. it still says "Starting..." But.. we'll see

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
grndzero

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 11:11:45 AM

Sorry I have to be a total noob and i hate it lol. So I seem to be having an issue Tongue I am VERY new to bitcoin, dont fully understand it.. But I figured I would once I got some coins. So i downloaded the bitcoin GUI miner and saw that my ATI Radeon 5770 should probably help me out.. and I got this message

Cant seem to figure out why... I game with it all the time.

I'll leave GPU mining on today till I get back. it still says "Starting..." But.. we'll see

What OS? Looks like Windows 7, is it x32 or x64?

Ubuntu Desktop x64 -  HD5850 Reference - 400Mh/s w/ cgminer  @ 975C/325M/1.175V - 11.6/2.1 SDK
Donate if you find this helpful: 1NimouHg2acbXNfMt5waJ7ohKs2TtYHePy
Dyaheon

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 11:29:38 AM

You probably need to install ATI Stream: http://developer.amd.com/gpu/AMDAPPSDK/downloads/Pages/default.aspx

Though I believe the new catalyst drivers have the necessary components to make mining work, too.
Ampix0 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2011, 12:49:43 PM

I am on windows 7 64bit and I have catalyst drivers. I'll try downloading that link you sent thanks for that. I have another issue as well though. Even running on GPU cracking It  wasn't working this morning. It said "starting..." for 15 mins before I turned it off and left. I signed up at the website on the first pool (I forget what it was, I'm not home atm) and entered my username/password. So I'm not totally sure what the issue is.

ensign_lee

Activity: 886
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 01:00:40 PM

Go google search for "ATI Radeon 5770 drivers" and reinstall your drivers. You have an older version without OpenCL enabled.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
Ampix0 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2011, 04:36:37 PM

Hey its working now. only one odd question. the 2 devices being shown are

• Juniper
  • [1] AMD PhenomII x4 Blahblah

Juniper... si the name of my HD5770?

TenthReality

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 04:44:45 PM

Hey its working now. only one odd question. the 2 devices being shown are

• Juniper
  • [1] AMD PhenomII x4 Blahblah

Juniper... si the name of my HD5770?
Yes, its the codename for the GPU family.  They are all generally named after trees.
Ampix0 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2011, 05:28:45 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2011, 05:45:46 PM by Ampix0

ah. and how bad is this for my nearly $200 Graphics card XD the fans or spinning off the charts... ahh.. and my CPU usage seems to be at 100

Well that was scary. I closed everything and restarted and for the past 10 mins the fans have run at reasonable speeds.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: