Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:12:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] BTC to PayPal  (Read 1039 times)
ernk (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 10:50:41 AM

Hello I am new to forums, since this is my first trade here, I want to use an Escrow, can anyone name some trusted Escrows.

I currently have $106 BTC up for selling to PayPal (As Gift).

Drop me a PM!
Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 10:55:47 AM

This a list of escrows. However, please be aware that an escrow does not protect you from a chargeback when selling for PayPal. It is a good idea to trade directly with a reputable member.

ernk (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 10:56:58 AM

Bitcoins101,

Thanks
goose20
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 10:57:59 AM

Hello I am new to forums, since this is my first trade here, I want to use an Escrow, can anyone name some trusted Escrows.

Drop me a PM!

How do you see the deal being done?  With the use of the escrow?
Bitcoins101

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 10:59:06 AM

Bitcoins101,

Thanks
I edited it to add something, too. Accepting PayPal can be troublesome when people can buy $106 of PayPal money on the darknet for $20. It's a good idea to deal with someone who you find to be at least somewhat reputable, rather than a random member.

ernk (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 11:05:08 AM

Drop me a PM!

How do you see the deal being done?  With the use of the escrow?

I'll be sending the BTC to the Escrow, then the buyer will ask and confirm the Escrow If he received it, so that the buyer could send the payment to me, then the Escrow send the BTC to the buyer.

Bitcoins101,

Thanks
I edited it to add something, too. Accepting PayPal can be troublesome when people can buy $106 of PayPal money on the darknet for $20. It's a good idea to deal with someone who you find to be at least somewhat reputable, rather than a random member.

Yes, that's why I am only accepting payments as gift. Thanks anyway
Bitcoins101

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 11:06:18 AM

Drop me a PM!

How do you see the deal being done?  With the use of the escrow?

I'll be sending the BTC to the Escrow, then the buyer will ask and confirm the Escrow If he received it, so that the buyer could send the payment to me, then the Escrow send the BTC to the buyer.

Bitcoins101,

Thanks

Gift does not protect you from chargebacks. You can still pay with a credit card with gift, and where there're credit cards, there's fraud and chargebacks.

Cryptology
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

In Cryptography We Trust

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 11:11:24 AM

Drop me a PM!

If you are taking PayPal asking for escrow is useless, even dangerous as it will give you a false sense of security. You could easily be scammed by a chargeback after the escrow releases in good faith the coins. Yes there are some cb protection techniques out there and receiving as gift is not one of them. If you really need PayPal credit my best advise is forget about the escrow and focus instead on selling your coins to somebody you can trust and ideally has sold PayPal credit before to many sellers. Just my 2c.
Good luck.
ernk (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 11:12:45 AM

Thank you, Would you mind naming some of trusted PayPal seller?
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 11:13:23 AM

Drop me a PM!

If you are taking PayPal asking for escrow is useless, even dangerous as it will give you a false sense of security. You could easily be scammed by a chargeback after the escrow releases in good faith the coins. Yes there are some cb protection techniques out there and receiving as gift is not one of them. If you really need PayPal credit my best advise is forget about the escrow and focus instead on selling your coins to somebody you can trust and ideally has sold PayPal credit before to many sellers. Just my 2c.
Good luck.

Yes , I personally don't recommend the use of paypal as method of payment . It is *very* insecure . Check this post of theymos:

Money sent through PayPal and any other money transfer service that accepts credit cards can be easily reversed by the sender, even after several weeks. Therefore, you should only accept PayPal in trades with people you trust very highly.

This is why newbies are not likely to sell their PayPal USD for bitcoins successfully.

Some other services that are not totally safe:
- Bank transfers (ACH, etc.) except wire transfers
- Most gift cards.
- Moneypak
- AlertPay
- Paysafecards
- Dwolla
- Western Union (they reportedly will sue the recipient to recover money in some cases)
goose20
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 11:16:26 AM

Drop me a PM!

How do you see the deal being done?  With the use of the escrow?

Bitcoins101,

Thanks

Gift does not protect you from chargebacks. You can still pay with a credit card with gift, and where there're credit cards, there's fraud and chargebacks.

bitcoins101 is correct.

Your use of escrow in such circumstances therefore gives you no protection.

Please only deal with a trusted member (there are several trusted here who will easily do this) and accordingly you dont need an escrow. You either trust that they wont chargeback or you dont.

Having said all that, I will buy your btc 1:1 paypal (family/gift).

Let me know.
Cheers
Cryptology
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

In Cryptography We Trust

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 11:18:10 AM

Thank you, Would you mind naming some of trusted PayPal seller?

There are certainly trusted honest traders in this forum however I will only speak for myself.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649248.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=322154
Bitcoins101

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 11:24:29 AM

I would feel comfortable accepting PayPal without escrow from everyone who has responded to this thread so far. This is unusual and pretty lucky - I would recommend just picking out one of these guys.

Lacoste

Activity: 177
Merit: 11

Lacoste

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 03:02:46 PM

I can exchange
See my thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=258904.0

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: