Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:46:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [REPORT] ~ Please *stop* this user  (Read 7774 times)
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 06:09:09 PM

Another suspicious user  (maybe I'm wrong) :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=359905

I've reported him with the  correct function.

This account's posts are very similar to b00s624's posts. Or is it because, his all posts are in Economy board? He could have only got chance to bid for things and to join signature campaigns. Roll Eyes

~~MZ~~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 07:12:11 PM

Referal spam is again the rules anyway and will be deleted/removed from the post.

It is allowed to put referrals in your signature. How do you maximize the odds of someone clicking your ref link? Post as many posts as you can get away with.

They usually have rules in place, but I feel they are not strict enough more often than not.

Rules only help so much as long as the incentives are all wrong. Rules, even if enforceable and enforced will just be bent, skirted or broken.
Fact is the campaign organizer wants to maximize ad impressions, therefore spam is not his problem, its his friend. And campaign members only care about maximizing their profit with minimal effort.

Posting silly gifs,  5 word posts and completely meaningless stupid posts by people who do not care or know anything  about the topics being discussed, is the predictable result.

People with vested interests in this spam may say what they want, Im pretty sure I know why so many old and interesting posters like DeathAndTaxes and JoelKatz cant be bothered with this forum anymore.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 08:50:27 PM

Rules only help so much as long as the incentives are all wrong. Rules, even if enforceable and enforced will just be bent, skirted or broken.
Fact is the campaign organizer wants to maximize ad impressions, therefore spam is not his problem, its his friend. And campaign members only care about maximizing their profit with minimal effort.

I actually feel I have to post better quality most of the time I advertise for someone. I think longer before I post and I sometimes dont even post a lenthy one I allready wrote. I agree that there are others out there and I dont want to say that everyone should feel the same. I actually think I should not care about the signature and post like I would without it.
If someone running a campaign actually thinks spam is their friend, they have understood nothing about advertising. Its easy to get an army of idiots posting bullshit noone cares about. Its hard work to root these idiots out and only keep worthy posters. The overal quality of posts for a certain campaign says a lot of their quality of service. If they do not care enough about their image, why should they care about their customers? Advertisement is long beyond the same old "be in their heads".
Stunna got that a while back when he first restructured and later (effectivly)[1] canceled the PrimeDice campaign. I think it could have been done earlier, but thats easy to say in hindsight. You shouldnt wait for the "DannyHamilton is ignoring PD signature wearers by default" warning signs.

Posting silly gifs,  5 word posts and completely meaningless stupid posts by people who do not care or know anything  about the topics being discussed, is the predictable result.

Yes, get booted out of the campaign and possible banned for spam and sometimes even made look silly. If someone is posting bullshit, reply and show those who do now know any better that its bullshit.

People with vested interests in this spam may say what they want, Im pretty sure I know why so many old and interesting posters like DeathAndTaxes and JoelKatz cant be bothered with this forum anymore.

First of all do you have anything that can back your claim for the reason they left?
JoelKatz was last active yesterday [2] and DeathAndTaxes [3] has a signature in the fashion a campaign would. I suspect you just pull reputable people out of your behind to back your argument.

Dont judge a post by its signature. Its a nice way for people without much money to get some coins, to learn about bitcoin without investing to much without begging for them. There should - probably - be more pressure on those running the campaign. I dont know how with the given set of rules, besides continue to report those that spam. Mabye if 5 of your campaigners get banned you also get banned?

Yes there will be those that try to bent the rules but frankly: there will allways, no matter which rules. Its your job as the person in charge to detect that. Talk to borderline cases, tell them you dont like what you see and if they cant improve, its their last turn. Keep turns short and max posts per turn low. The campaigns adapt. A year ago anyone with the needed rank could have earned 2.4 BTC from Stunna in a month. No (or unreachable high) limit campaigns are dead. Why is that if the incentive is all wrong? Why is that if those running the campaigns could care less if their campaigners get banned? Its because spam is not your friend, never.

[1] AFAIK hilariousandco and mprep are still running for Stunna.
[2] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=27870
[3] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=41048

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 09:04:03 PM

I actually feel I have to post better quality most of the time I advertise for someone.

Then you havent done the cost/benefit analysis.

Yes, get booted out of the campaign and possible banned for spam and sometimes even made look silly. If someone is posting bullshit, reply and show those who do now know any better that its bullshit.

Chances of that happening are what, 1%? Again do the cost/benefit analysis then imagine having dozens of accounts.

First of all do you have anything that can back your claim for the reason they left?
JoelKatz was last active yesterday [2] and DeathAndTaxes [3] has a signature in the fashion a campaign would. I suspect you just pull reputable people out of your behind to back your argument.

DnT's signature is his own company duh.
JoelKatz has posted less than once a week  prior to selling some hardware.

Its a nice way for people without much money to get some coins, to learn about bitcoin without investing to much without begging for them.

No, its a "nice" way to render this forum useless. I would much rather have they begged.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 11:31:43 AM

I actually feel I have to post better quality most of the time I advertise for someone.

Then you havent done the cost/benefit analysis.

No, because I do not understand my posting here as work. Id post as much anyway. I could just work 3 hours more each day instead and earn way more money, at minimum wage. Thus anyone thats actually doing a cost/benefit analysis and comes to the conclusion: "Ill game the signature campaign for the money"... well how do I put that nicely? I guess I cant: its just plain stupid.

Chances of that happening are what, 1%? Again do the cost/benefit analysis then imagine having dozens of accounts.

... I see you do the "pull percentages out of my behind" now. Badbear confirmed a ban right here. What makes you think its the only case out of 100?
In your opinion/experience the chances are slim. In my experience I just report them. I wont start to pull numbers from anywhere as I dont keep track of how many posts I report for spam (~1800 total currently, but they are not all related to spam) and how many result in bans. I feel the staff does a very good job with this, those running the campaigns do less, but they start to act. Just see the response time in this thread. OP is from 13.12.2014 - 1233, badbears response from 1414 the same day.

DnT's signature is his own company duh.

So? He is advertising, he will earn money off of it and probably way more than anyone running for a signature campaign. You claim he left because of spam caused by signature campaigns. I ask: can you confirm that in any way.

JoelKatz has posted less than once a week  prior to selling some hardware.

Again: what makes you think the reason behind the absense is spam cause by signature campaigns. People leave for all kinds of reasons, I wonder why you can speak for them.

No, its a "nice" way to render this forum useless. I would much rather have they begged.

I think this discussion leads nowhere. Lets just agree to disagree. If you want to do something against spam, report it via the report link or create posts like these.

Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:17:00 PM

I reported this user https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=216253

My accuracy went down so I have stopped doing it as it showed the site allows this kind of posting.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 08:38:56 PM

I reported this user https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=216253

My accuracy went down so I have stopped doing it as it showed the site allows this kind of posting.

Meh, why is your accuracy important for you if you dont report?

A++ paid sig, one-liners, shows interest in bought accounts, member ranks and unrestricted number of posts would report again.

On the other hand the person is probably limited by the ability to express themself in english. I doubt its on purpose, its more likely that this is just the way the person posts, with or without paid signature. This is the post [1] they joined a campaign.

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=877550.msg9716755#msg9716755

Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 11:05:06 PM

Meh, why is your accuracy important for you if you dont report?

Its not important, it meant that posts like these are allowed and I should not spam the mods for this.
I have not stopped reporting, only posts like those.
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 11:18:04 PM

I'd at least report it to the sig campaign to cut them off and provide his post history as evidence, not really worth it spamming the moderators if they're busy because they might get annoyed.

I really can't help but think this may be a partial solution to sig campaign related useless posts.  Most signature sponsors are becoming a lot more discriminating in who posts for them and what counts.

There is still an issue with people spamming with new accounts to get their level up, but reporting to a sig sponsor could also be very effective. 

So even if you don't want to report to the mods, report to their sig sponsor.
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 11:21:20 PM

I'd at least report it to the sig campaign to cut them off and provide his post history as evidence, not really worth it spamming the moderators if they're busy because they might get annoyed.

I really can't help but think this may be a partial solution to sig campaign related useless posts.  Most signature sponsors are becoming a lot more discriminating in who posts for them and what counts.

There is still an issue with people spamming with new accounts to get their level up, but reporting to a sig sponsor could also be very effective. 

So even if you don't want to report to the mods, report to their sig sponsor.
This may help with spam over the long term - people will not spam if the are getting kicked out of campaigns. However I don't think it will stop a particular person from spamming the first time, as it will generally take several weeks for a operator to withhold payment to a spammer and kick them out of the campaign (it will take at least as long as the next time they are due to payout)
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 06:48:39 AM

Is there any way to find out if a user is currently banned?

The modlog only contains list of users banned recently (maybe during the last 24 hours?)

I reported this user when he made 70+ (mainly spam) posts within a few hours.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=353244

A few of his obvious spam posts (repeated bumps to self promoted thread) were deleted, but a majority remain. However, he has not made any posts during the last week. Is there any way to confirm if he was banned?
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 06:51:54 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2014, 07:21:19 AM by redsn0w

Is there any way to find out if a user is currently banned?

The modlog only contains list of users banned recently (maybe during the last 24 hours?)

I reported this user when he made 70+ (mainly spam) posts within a few hours.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=353244

A few of his obvious spam posts (repeated bumps to self promoted thread) were deleted, but a majority remain. However, he has not made any posts during the last week. Is there any way to confirm if he was banned?

I think there is only this log :

https://bitcointalk.org/modlog.php    , but as you told only the last ~24h of action will appear in that log.  Maybe when an user is banned I think it easy to theymos add under the "rank coins" a little word:  "Banned"  ,

What do you think ?
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 07:27:43 AM

Modlog is two weeks.

Maybe when an user is banned I think it easy to theymos add under the "rank coins" a little word:  "Banned"  ,

What do you think ?

Why do you need to know when someone else is banned?

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 07:36:31 AM

Also bans by admins don't always show up in the modlog, depends on how they were banned. I don't think that's intentional though.

redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 07:44:45 AM

Why do you need to know when someone else is banned?

I don't want to know when someone is banned , but it would be a normal forum function.  However mine is only a suggestion , surely  a bad suggestion.

redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 07:49:20 AM

I'm sorry , but I've reported this users a few day ago ( If I'm not wrong)  :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=374921

But he wasn't banned , so I think his  posts are fine for the forum .
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 08:06:40 AM

Modlog is two weeks. 

When I look at the modlog, one of the last entries I see is this
Nuke user: N/A in topic #0 by member #402358
This user registered on this forum on 12-Dec-14. Assuming he was nuked immediately afterwards, I am able to see entries for maximum 7 days.

Are there additional pages which I am missing?
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 08:37:39 AM

Look at his post history before today and you'll see a suspicious gap exactly a week long in which he wasn't posting. Just saying.  Wink

Modlog is two weeks. 

This user registered on this forum on 12-Dec-14. Assuming he was nuked immediately afterwards, I am able to see entries for maximum 7 days.

Weird, it used to be 2 weeks.

redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 08:43:50 AM

Look at his post history before today and you'll see a suspicious gap exactly a week long in which he wasn't posting. Just saying.  Wink

Modlog is two weeks. 

Yes I've seen (thanks). It is strange in the modlog he ( id# 374921) doesn't "appear" (and he was banned the 11th of december) maybe because after  some lines   the old voices are not more visible.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 08:56:46 AM

I'm sorry , but I've reported this users a few day ago ( If I'm not wrong)  :

But he wasn't banned , so I think his  posts are fine for the forum .

Look at his post history before today and you'll see a suspicious gap exactly a week long in which he wasn't posting. Just saying.  Wink

That user is back with ~43 one liners just today. Guess someone didnt get the message.

Modlog is two weeks.  

IIRC there is also a limit to the number of entries shown, not sure if theymos said that or I imagined it though.

All I could find with a quick search was that the listed bans are apparently permabans.

All bans listed on that page are permanent.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: