Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:12:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitForce SC - Pre order delay  (Read 9478 times)
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 04:34:18 AM

@BFL

Regarding BTC being the only initial payment option.

You should recognize a significant number of existing customers that have funds tied up in either immediately received Singles or Singles yet to have arrived.

Can you imagine how this segment of your current customer base would feel if they are forced to the end of the line?

Nedbert. You have a good point.

Also, I'd like to add that I have wanted to respond to a comment of yours before, but didn't because your forum icon/image is too disturbing.
I'll send you one bitcoin today if you change it permanently away from that image (to something not like it). Cheesy

||bit

What?  You don't think I'm pretty?  How rude.

I'll change it.

Seriously, I kinda expected something bizarre. Not to be lewd, but that literally made me laugh so hard that I farted from the tension on my abs.
Well, it's still a bit disturbing. However, it's not like the other, and I guess a deal is a deal.  I'll send you a bitcoin. What's your bitcoin address?

||bit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 04:40:21 AM

The fact that they opened up ordering doesn't mean that they won't consider taking our advice.

'Which advice?' is the question. I don't know if there was even a coherent collective voice on much of it.
nedbert9

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Inactive

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 04:51:45 AM

@BFL

Regarding BTC being the only initial payment option.

You should recognize a significant number of existing customers that have funds tied up in either immediately received Singles or Singles yet to have arrived.

Can you imagine how this segment of your current customer base would feel if they are forced to the end of the line?

Nedbert. You have a good point.

Also, I'd like to add that I have wanted to respond to a comment of yours before, but didn't because your forum icon/image is too disturbing.
I'll send you one bitcoin today if you change it permanently away from that image (to something not like it). Cheesy

||bit

What?  You don't think I'm pretty?  How rude.

I'll change it.

Seriously, I kinda expected something bizarre. Not to be lewd, but that literally made me laugh so hard that I farted from the tension on my abs.
Well, it's still a bit disturbing. However, it's not like the other, and I guess a deal is a deal.  I'll send you a bitcoin. What's your bitcoin address?

||bit

You're seriously starting to hurt my feelings now.  Cry  Look, I had no control over the fact I wasn't born a woman, but have such a feminine energy and style.

Wink

Nah, it's ok.  I GIVE to the community.
cuz0882

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 05:01:45 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2012, 09:35:45 AM by cuz0882

The fact that they opened up ordering doesn't mean that they won't consider taking our advice.

'Which advice?' is the question. I don't know if there was even a coherent collective voice on much of it.

Most seem to agree that people who already have money tied up in orders, should not be forced to the end of the line. We can't even get a hold of Butterfly to get our money back and place a order. I bought 4 just because they announced they were letting us trade them in at 100% value. Which turned out to be only part of the story. Basically who ever paid them first should receive their units first. The longer they hold our money the more it costs us.
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 03:03:09 PM

Sounds like fun Smiley

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 07:26:50 PM

Most seem to agree that people who already have money tied up in orders, should not be forced to the end of the line. We can't even get a hold of Butterfly to get our money back and place a order.

+1

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
Morblias

Activity: 576

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 07:29:55 PM

Most seem to agree that people who already have money tied up in orders, should not be forced to the end of the line. We can't even get a hold of Butterfly to get our money back and place a order.

+1

Yep, been waiting for my singles for 7 weeks. Wanted to change to ASIC, sent an email, no response. I am not going to be at the end of the line. Again.

EDIT: mean I AM going to be at end of line

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 07:31:21 PM

+1

Yep, been waiting for my singles for 7 weeks. Wanted to change to ASIC, sent an email, no response. I am not going to be at the end of the line. Again.

You don't like getting the shaft?

EIEIO:

Morblias

Activity: 576

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 07:33:20 PM

BFL has had me by my balls for the past 7 weeks. My left nut is about to fall off.

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 07:34:16 PM

BFL has had me by my balls for the past 7 weeks. My left nut is about to fall off.

lulz.  I'm not quite that bad yet, but I do feel your pain.

EIEIO:

lomax

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 05:18:13 AM

Most seem to agree that people who already have money tied up in orders, should not be forced to the end of the line. We can't even get a hold of Butterfly to get our money back and place a order. I bought 4 just because they announced they were letting us trade them in at 100% value. Which turned out to be only part of the story. Basically who ever paid them first should receive their units first. The longer they hold our money the more it costs us.

While I sympathize, how is yours different to the situation those of us holding BFL kit find ourselves in? We parted with our money well before you, for products that now may not pay for themselves.

Of course, we did the only thing we could, give them more of our money and hope to land far enough towards the front of the order queue to make anything back.

Its a shit sandwich for (nearly) everyone.
imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 06:11:54 AM

While I sympathize, how is yours different to the situation those of us holding BFL kit find ourselves in? We parted with our money well before you, for products that now may not pay for themselves.

Of course, we did the only thing we could, give them more of our money and hope to land far enough towards the front of the order queue to make anything back.

At least with you holding BFL kit, you're getting to generate with it.  Not all of us are that lucky.

EIEIO:

lomax

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 07:15:53 AM

At least with you holding BFL kit, you're getting to generate with it.  Not all of us are that lucky.

I don't see this advantage, 'you' have the option of completely withdrawing your order, 'we' MUST pay more or lose the initial investment. Remembering that the profitability of this additional investment is by no means assured. Lucky?  Undecided
cuz0882

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 09:48:53 AM

I don't see this advantage, 'you' have the option of completely withdrawing your order, 'we' MUST pay more or lose the initial investment. Remembering that the profitability of this additional investment is by no means assured. Lucky?  Undecided

I have some units already, its not a real bad position to be in. You can either upgrade, or sell half and upgrade. Then earn 70 a month per unit while you wait for a upgrade. With their track record it might just pay for itself by the time they get the upgrades delivered. They met their obligation by delivering so there is not much to do about it.

If you have already been waiting 3 months and then are forced to wait for a refund to place your order. That will probably move you about 3 months behind the people that just ordered. That's 6 months of extra waiting simply because they failed to delivery the products on time. They should have put a option on the order form or called everyone that was over the 6 weeks and asked them if they wanted to cancel or upgrade before taking new ASIC orders..
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 11:09:18 AM

Sad but true...

imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 02:57:07 PM

The message posted from Jody indicates anyone that paid with BTC cannot cancel their order.  You've got hardware.  You can sell it in 3 months for $599, but can earn coins on it right now.  The people waiting on old orders can also sell in 3 months for $599, but they don't have the luxury of mining on it.  So if they sell, they've essentially been out of their money for 3-6 months and have nothing to show for it.

EIEIO:

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 03:18:57 PM

The message posted from Jody indicates anyone that paid with BTC cannot cancel their order.  You've got hardware.  You can sell it in 3 months for $599, but can earn coins on it right now.  The people waiting on old orders can also sell in 3 months for $599, but they don't have the luxury of mining on it.  So if they sell, they've essentially been out of their money for 3-6 months and have nothing to show for it.
This was later clarified to the fact that you will receive a USD equivalent number of Bitcoins in the event of a refund.  If you paid 125 Bitcoins for a single, and wanted a refund, you might only get 90 today, but you'll still get a refund.
Buckwheet

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

Green Mining 85% Cheaper

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 03:56:36 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2012, 04:31:31 PM by Buckwheet

Its not like they don't know who they haven't delivered their product too. Why did they not have a communication drafted and prepared to be emailed to those of us waiting on thousands of dollars of product?

They probably could have even paid to have someone build in a "trade in" order form type thing to let them know what users wanted to do with their current orders. Its just really poor planning and now those of us with thousands tied up or even tens of thousands are just sitting on the sidelines waiting to hear something, anything, from them in regards to why they can hold $10k of my money with no product and my options are:

1. Cancel. Pre-order with the same cash.(They have yet to refund me or even reply to my email.)
2. Wait and not pre-order, then order and return the equipment they send to me 2 months from now.

I think I just want my money back at this point. I can invest the cash for 5% between now and when people start seeing product come October.

MXRider

Activity: 466

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 08:23:45 PM

Dear BFL,

If you find the time in the next few weeks, think about this. Let us know how many different customers have ordered SC Singles and how many SC Jalapenos. Order number doesn't tell much at this point since Singles and Jalapenos are coming from different production lines.

This would give everyone a clear estimate how many orders there are before theirs.
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 12:29:51 AM

As many have said, I think the BTC-only payment option is unfair. While I definitely understand the reasoning behind it, it means that people (myself included) are going to be waiting around for funds to clear before being able to order any product. If I could order with PayPal using credit card I could order immediately and be done with it. But to open pre-orders in BTC only with only one day notice (and a weekend at that) means that only die-hard BTC fanatics from day one (or people who are so rich they can have 4-5 figures in BTC at all times) are going to be able to order these items. I think while BFL intentions are good this is going to completely go the opposite way and have the opposite of what they intended occur.

Right now, unless this changes, I'm considering not even bothering ordering anything. If I have to wait 3-5 days to move my funds so that I can buy the product so many pre-orders may have already been placed by the "bitcoin millionaires" that I may not even make any profit at all. I strongly believe that this needs to be reconsidered by BFL and them at least allow a credit card option via PayPal on the same day that the bit-pay option hits. I already have thousands of dollars tied up in Singles that are late and it's quite ridiculous for me to be punished as a loyal, paying customer who wants to buy even more. I have the money available and would be able to pay the credit card in full within a couple of weeks easily but I just don't have the money this instant.

I would bet that very few of us in the mining community have so much BTC available to buy these units, and the few that do have so much sitting around that they could buy out 6 months of production if they wished.  If there's even a perception that the mining network is going to be dominated by a few ASIC supermining operations, the average bitcoin miner is not going to want to take the risk to buy any ASICs when they may never break even. Please reconsider this situation for the sake of your current loyal customers who don't have money in their account at this very moment because they've already spent it all on the soon to be obsolete Singles (which is me and many others voicing their concerns in this thread).

Only accepting BTC and wire transfer is weird.  This has yet to be answered.  Why are they not accepting Dwolla and Paypal anymore?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: