Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:31:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [COMMUNITY] Let's buy a SC Single together! It's cheaper than a Jalapeño!  (Read 4430 times)
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 06:22:23 PM

Only reason one will buy a so called coffee warmer aka Jalapeno is just for LULZ, This little thing can not pay for itself if you only have one.

Garr255, put me down for one if you are willing to send it to me. I am close to EU.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 06:37:35 PM

Only reason one will buy a so called coffee warmer aka Jalapeno is just for LULZ, This little thing can not pay for itself if you only have one.

But you can help secure the network and warm your coffee for almost no cost. Just for the LULZ, ya know? Wink
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 06:43:38 PM

For those of you who are skeptical of my credibility:

This thread page is almost entirely people congratulating me on running Cognitive so well: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=67547.200

I've also done some large transactions with reputable members such as JWU42, alexmat, and rjk, just to name a few.

What will you do with any remaining BTC if the usd-rate stays at 6.50 or rises further by the time the order is placed ?

Will the owners get a dividend ? Will you buy an extra hot-choco-warmer with it ?
I will repay remaining funds to the co-owners.

So you have Cognitive, SYNERGY plus this posting. You can't afford a $1,299 single? Why the need to make up a new business name every few days? This seems like a whole lot of deception to me, even if its just to have multiple posting on the forum it seems lame to me.

He is 16 or so... 1299$ was much money back then.

^ Indeed it is.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
piotr_n
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 06:45:56 PM

Well, you cannot deny that starting a competing business is not quite fair.

I mean: could one person be a CEO of Samsung, Microsoft, Google and Apple at the same time?

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 06:49:13 PM

I mean: could one person be a CEO of Samsung, Microsoft, Google and Apple at the same time?

If that person started all of the companies, then yes, they very well could.

I don't plan on this competing with GLBSE assets, because it will be a more private one.

I'll be back in about an hour to answer further questions.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 06:51:10 PM

I don't plan on this competing with GLBSE assets, because it will be a more private one.
Oh, come on, don't tell me you don't see it.
It's obvious that the more hashrate you make in the second business, the more profit you take away from the first one.

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 06:57:41 PM

Cup warmer: $149/3.5 Gh = $42.6/Gh

SC Single: $1299/40 Gh = $32.5/Gh

SC Min Rig: $29,899/1000 Gh = $29.9/Gh

The above is relevant to considering this group purchase. The savings for the SC Single over the cup warmer is significant, but you have to weigh that against the trust issue. Personally, I guess I'd go for the cup warmer, not because I don't trust the OP, but because I like to have hardware in-hand to play with and keep complete control over. Still, I think the OP has a good idea.  
cuz0882

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 07:25:33 PM

So you have Cognitive, SYNERGY plus this posting. You can't afford a $1,299 single? Why the need to make up a new business name every few days? This seems like a whole lot of deception to me, even if its just to have multiple posting on the forum it seems lame to me.

Why the aggro ?

Everyone else is using one posting to advertise and backing the bonds in their own name.
Luceo

Activity: 350

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 07:54:00 PM

What happens if you decide to liquidate the single sometime down the line? Will co-owners be given first option on purchase?

I could be interested in this, with the necessary confidences.

stabs

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 07:54:22 PM

Garr, the issue here is if all of those companies were private wholly owned by an individual or company it would not be an issue.

The issue comes up with diluting shareholder value of Cognitive by starting up competing companies.
Luceo

Activity: 350

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 07:58:37 PM

Garr, the issue here is if all of those companies were private wholly owned by an individual or company it would not be an issue.

The issue comes up with diluting shareholder value of Cognitive by starting up competing companies.

This isn't a company, it's a joint venture.

piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 08:00:55 PM

This isn't a company, it's a joint venture.
It is a business that is competing with Cognitive. And if anyone says otherwise than he's either stupid or a liar - I don't see a third option. Smiley

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 08:47:19 PM

What happens if you decide to liquidate the single sometime down the line? Will co-owners be given first option on purchase?

Yes, when liquidating the SC Single we will all meet through some medium of communication (IRC?), and one slot will entitle you to one vote in what is to be done. I will get one additional vote from the 10% management, so this way we have an odd number of votes (13).

In response to those concerned with diluting GLBSE share values:

To clarify my previous statement: It is possible that this venture might compete with Cognitive among other GLBSE assets, but even if it does, it will be an extremely shot term hindrance. It will only compete until all twelve slots are sold, then (because they are not publicly traded) there should be very little interference.

I am by no means going to ignore or mistreat other assets I maintain. I plan to raise a motion to issue more cognitive shares to upgrade the current Singles to SC Singles, and will do so after the current motion ends.

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 08:49:58 PM

You should probably scrap this, and just raise the money with COGNITIVE after you place an order for the SC single. Now granted I am old and maybe I cannot fathom the structure of these companies. Maybe, in the end, it is just me.

I am starting to agree with you on this. Mostly this was to raise short term funds to get a spot in line for a SC Single, whereas raising a motion for Cognitive will take a few days to turn out results.

I will see where this goes and make a decision later. All coins will be returned to their respective owners if I do decide against this venture.

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 09:02:08 PM

But you can help secure the network and warm your coffee for almost no cost. Just for the LULZ, ya know? Wink

I plan on buying a few coffee warmers.  It's almost the same $/hash ratio as the single.  No lulz about it.

Edit:  Just glanced at the figures again.  Guess the coffee warmer is a little more expensive.  But, it should still prove to be a good investment.  I have enough BTC for the coffee warmers but not enough that I'd want to throw down on a single yet.  I really think that being able to get your name on the list quickly to be one of the first to receive the products is absolutely essential here to recoup the investment before the difficulty spikes.
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 10:08:44 PM

I am going to take the popular advice and scrap this venture. I will be focusing on expanding Cognitive with SC rigs instead!

Thank you all for your support and criticism; I've learned a bit from this thread.

Cheers,
Garrett

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=67547.0
http://cognitivemining.com/
https://glbse.com/asset/view/COGNITIVE

DutchBrat

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 11:54:51 PM

I am going to take the popular advice and scrap this venture. I will be focusing on expanding Cognitive with SC rigs instead!

Thank you all for your support and criticism; I've learned a bit from this thread.

Cheers,
Garrett

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=67547.0
http://cognitivemining.com/
https://glbse.com/asset/view/COGNITIVE

Too bad, thanks for trying though Smiley
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 07:14:21 AM

Sorry, I must skip,,, ... something about Bicoinica.
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 08:12:25 AM

If one Jalapeno can not pay for itself, how do you expect 10 to pay for themselves?

EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 01:37:01 PM

If one Jalapeno can not pay for itself, how do you expect 10 to pay for themselves?

Because 1 Jalapeno + 1 PC that suck a assload of power is not as effective as 5 Jalapeno's + 1 PC tat sucks up assload of power.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: