Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 01:26:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: x11 FPGA/ASIC  (Read 2677 times)
bensam123 (OP)

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 08:09:14 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2014, 08:30:59 AM by bensam123

So what are these? They also seem to be producing the hashrate they're advertising... Not like those crap 1-3GH machines that were up before.

16,000 280xs? That may be the death knell of x11.
bensam123 (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 08:28:37 AM

https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/x11

This is just their first public appearance too...
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 09:56:26 AM

People should not be surprised at all to see any algo eventually ported to FPGA / ASIC.  The x series is no different.  It's actually about time.  

There are some extremely intelligent academics / professional developers out there who, previous to Bitcoin blowing up, had no idea about the opportunities present in the cryptocurrency space to utilize their skills. 

Everyone should expect an acceleration of algos being ported to FPGAs/ASICs due to these types in the space.

kotarius

Activity: 340

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 09:58:53 AM

Shouldn't this be killing coins left and right? DRK is the x11 hashrate leader by a HUGE margin, is only 80gh). What is being mined?
kotarius

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 10:10:44 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2014, 10:50:52 AM by kotarius

Here are the links to the rigs:

Trex 1 https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/13743/
Trex 2 https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/13751/

Owned by "Austinpartners"

John Graham Sr is the owner of austinpartners.net, a Commercial Real Estate & Wind Energy Company

https://www.linkedin.com/in/johngrahamsr

John Graham Jr (maybe his son?) is in Web Development & Marketing at CoinTerra, Inc, an ASIC manufacturer based in Austin, TX.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/johngrahamjr13

So, we have a real estate and renewable energy company with connections to an ASIC manufacturer. Sounds like the perfect storm for asics, a place to put them, and a method to power them.
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 10:37:29 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2014, 11:43:39 AM by atp1916

^^^ Not surprising at all.

The x algos are a ripe target.  Lots of coins to hit and no known existing competing FPGA/ASIC implementations = open season for the few who are capable of monetizing the opportunities.

These types of players don't kiss and tell until they've made their fortune and then some.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 12:20:40 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2014, 01:03:36 PM by djm34

Bad news for those who pre-order cleverhash asic, and will get next year their asic  Grin

On an other note may-be that will stop people from chaining algo  Grin

edit: current drk hashrate is around 94GH/s... does he mines only shitcoins ?  Grin  
So this is probably a scam (very profitable one 1btc/hour) but if someone has 3btc to lose he can try and report here  Grin

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
kotarius

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 02:17:29 PM

Bad news for those who pre-order cleverhash asic, and will get next year their asic  Grin

edit: current drk hashrate is around 94GH/s... does he mines only shitcoins ?  Grin  

Can someone please find the coin that is being mined with this big rig?

Go here  https://pool.trademybit.com/ , click on  X11 tab. You can see that only DRK is ~90gh. No shitcoin over 100gh.
kotarius

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 02:24:35 PM

Obvious scam is obvious - and bensam123 is hellbent on seeing a conspiracy. Nothing new here.

How would one hypothetically run such a scam?
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 02:38:26 PM

Obvious scam is obvious - and bensam123 is hellbent on seeing a conspiracy. Nothing new here.

Simple, get paid on the site and don't provide the hashrate. I'm not sure if there's any kind of escrow...
actually it does provide the hashrate over the past 6 hours which is monitored by miningrentals
However, I don't think anything prevent anyone to register a rig as running on x11 while you are in fact running on something else.
When you register a rig, you need to provide a pool where the rig will mine when it is not rented.
Say you register some sha256 asic as x11, you fill in the application with a sha256 pool, then it would look like a x11 rig running at several GH...
Now if it is a lot more elaborate you can set up your own pool (one of those accepting fake share  Grin) and it will look like you have some amazing hashrate...  Grin

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 02:38:35 PM

source?

well 105 giga can't be gpu at all lol, unless that is a "10 pool " inside that pool  Cheesy
kotarius

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 02:46:56 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2014, 07:51:11 PM by kotarius

However, I don't think anything prevent anyone to register a rig as running on x11 while you are in fact running on something else.
When you register a rig, you need to provide a pool where the rig will mine when it is not rented.
Say you register some sha256 asic as x11, you fill in the application with a sha256 pool, then it would look like a x11 rig running at several GH...
Now if it is a lot more elaborate you can set up your own pool (one of those accepting fake share  Grin) and it will look like you have some amazing hashrate...  Grin

Excellent explanation. We have to assume that the rig owner is faking hashrate with his own pool until proven otherwise (i.e. until someone rents it).

Does MRR hold coins in escrow until hashrate gets delivered? If so, it will be trivial to test if the hashrate is real, since you can be refunded.

EDIT:

Someone rented the hashrate for a period of time and it dropped to zero. Screenshot is here: http://imgur.com/3jKN5eM

This is now proven fake, everyone can go home.
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 02:51:40 PM

Excellent explanation. We have to assume that the rig owner is faking hashrate with his own pool until proven otherwise (i.e. until someone rents it).

Does MRR hold coins in escrow until hashrate gets delivered? If so, it will be trivial to test if the hashrate is real, since you can be refunded.
yes, won't try though, I think you will have to complain long before the end of the rental period, to get reimbursed and show something isn't working properly and it isn't your fault...

also, there is a 12h delay before the owner receive the money.
(the easiest way would probably to alert miningrental so they can try that on their own  Grin)

djm34 facebook page
bensam123 (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 06:30:01 PM

People should not be surprised at all to see any algo eventually ported to FPGA / ASIC.  The x series is no different.  It's actually about time.  

I don't think anyone is surprised. It's getting the news out there and having the community work on it. x11 will lose significance and acceptance if people figure out they're being mined with ASIC/FPGAs, just the same way scrypt has. The mining community stops supporting said algos and we rotate towards something different.

I made a post similar to this a couple months ago, but at the time there were just 1-3 GH megarigs floating around which apparently is more acceptable then 100GH...

Simple, get paid on the site and don't provide the hashrate. I'm not sure if there's any kind of escrow...

You're dumb. MMR is a reputable mining website and it shows the machines operating with the current hashrates. I have no way of duplicating and showing said hashrate without MMR being in on it. Shows how little you actually know about actual mining. Go toodle with some algos and try to sell them for 45BTC.

actually it does provide the hashrate over the past 6 hours which is monitored by miningrentals

Also shows how little you know about mining and how disconnected you are from the community. MMR will reject your rigs if they aren't setup to mine a certain algo.

How can you guys have went this long while being part of the mining community and never used MMR?

More disturbing then all this you guys are trying to come up with crazy ass theories as to why these exist (which are simply shown to be untrue if you've used MMR once) rather then just assuming it's a FPGA/ASIC. Apparently these are part of my mining rig mega regime hell bent on taking 2 BTC before MMR takes it back due to a dispute.

In other news, these seems to be legit rigs like I said. So it's time for the community to consider moving on to different algos. These only show up under x11 so I assume it's x11 only... Although it could just be the only thing worth renting for right now.

As to why you don't see these on the network in one large sum. I'm sure if you own this much GH you distribute over multiple coins and pull all x11 coins down or using a profit pool switch that redistributes load across all profitable coins (I don't know why something like this doesn't exist anyway instead of constant coin hopping auto-switch pools).
kotarius

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 07:03:09 PM

Bensam123, in the Crypto world you have to be a skeptic or you will lose all your money. I am perfectly fine with you losing all your money, but you are currently being a "disinfo agent". I believe you lack critical thinking skills.

You assume MRR is accurate. It is not. MRR is acting as a trusted third party to deliver you information regarding hashrate. In reality, they only know about hashrate as much as the user pool knows about it. If the pool is fake, the hashrate is fake. That is all.

You assume that x11 hashrate (all x11 coins added together) is big enough to support 170 extra gigahashes. It isn't. Total network hashrate of every single x11 coin is ~= 100gh.

Please see this evidence and draw your own conclusion:
Code:
[12:46] Heliox: Wolf`, that bensam guy is so convinced that it's real, show him the mrr page again, 
it's rented right now, from the moment that one rig got rented, the hashrate dropped to 0 :)
[12:47] Heliox: https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/13743/
[12:47] Heliox: :)
[12:59] kotarius: djm34 has the best theor
[1:00] kotarius: fake hash rate simulated by his a pool he created
[1:00] kotarius: i mean of course...
[1:00] kotarius: thats the only explanation
[1:01] kotarius: because he is demonstrating 170gh, market hashrate didnt change.
it should have gone from 100gh -> 270gh, but it didnt
[1:01] kotarius: and all x11 shitcoins would have died immediately
emdje

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 07:32:54 PM

Bensam123, in the Crypto world you have to be a skeptic or you will lose all your money. I am perfectly fine with you losing all your money, but you are currently being a "disinfo agent". I believe you lack critical thinking skills.

You assume MRR is accurate. It is not. MRR is acting as a trusted third party to deliver you information regarding hashrate. In reality, they only know about hashrate as much as the user pool knows about it. If the pool is fake, the hashrate is fake. That is all.

You assume that x11 hashrate (all x11 coins added together) is big enough to support 170 extra gigahashes. It isn't. Total network hashrate of every single x11 coin is ~= 100gh.

Please see this evidence and draw your own conclusion:
Code:
[12:46] Heliox: Wolf`, that bensam guy is so convinced that it's real, show him the mrr page again, 
it's rented right now, from the moment that one rig got rented, the hashrate dropped to 0 :)
[12:47] Heliox: https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/13743/
[12:47] Heliox: :)
[12:59] kotarius: djm34 has the best theor
[1:00] kotarius: fake hash rate simulated by his a pool he created
[1:00] kotarius: i mean of course...
[1:00] kotarius: thats the only explanation
[1:01] kotarius: because he is demonstrating 170gh, market hashrate didnt change.
it should have gone from 100gh -> 270gh, but it didnt
[1:01] kotarius: and all x11 shitcoins would have died immediately

hashrate drop to 0 can be seen here: https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/13743/
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 08:02:39 PM

People should not be surprised at all to see any algo eventually ported to FPGA / ASIC.  The x series is no different.  It's actually about time. 

I don't think anyone is surprised. It's getting the news out there and having the community work on it. x11 will lose significance and acceptance if people figure out they're being mined with ASIC/FPGAs, just the same way scrypt has. The mining community stops supporting said algos and we rotate towards something different.

I made a post similar to this a couple months ago, but at the time there were just 1-3 GH megarigs floating around which apparently is more acceptable then 100GH...

You're dumb. MMR is a reputable mining website and it shows the machines operating with the current hashrates. I have no way of duplicating and showing said hashrate without MMR being in on it. Shows how little you actually know about actual mining. Go toodle with some algos and try to sell them for 45BTC.

Now if it is a lot more elaborate you can set up your own pool (one of those accepting fake share  Grin) and it will look like you have some amazing hashrate...  Grin

Also shows how little you know about mining and how disconnected you are from the community. MMR will reject your rigs if they aren't setup to mine a certain algo.

How can you guys have went this long while being part of the mining community and never used MMR?

More disturbing then all this you guys are trying to come up with crazy ass theories as to why these exist (which are simply shown to be untrue if you've used MMR once) rather then just assuming it's a FPGA/ASIC. Apparently these are part of my mining rig mega regime hell bent on taking 2 BTC before MMR takes it back due to a dispute.

In other news, these seems to be legit rigs like I said. So it's time for the community to consider moving on to different algos. These only show up under x11 so I assume it's x11 only... Although it could just be the only thing worth renting for right now.

As to why you don't see these on the network in one large sum. I'm sure if you own this much GH you distribute over multiple coins and pull all x11 coins down or using a profit pool switch that redistributes load across all profitable coins (I don't know why something like this doesn't exist anyway instead of constant coin hopping auto-switch pools).
Hi PowerTroll,
You are so full of shit (and a lot more disconnected than me), that you don't even bother looking at darkcoin hashrate before posting that.
Then you come with the excuse it can be split over several coins (yeah sure such hash power lost in mining shitcoin... you are the Power Troll you should know better  Grin) Also if you knew a bit about miningrental, you would know that one individual machine showing on miningrental is mining only one pool at a time and isn't split over whatever shitcoin. 

djm34 facebook page
bensam123 (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:32:33 AM

That's neat dude. I was replying mainly to the crackpot theory that I was somehow a mastermind behind this rig trying to scam people (which apparently is someone who has critical thinking skills?), when they obviously knew nothing about MMR.

Putting that aside, you could load balance such a rig across all the coins, not just one. Drk has 82 GH alone over the entire network. A easy place to check this is on suchpools page.

http://suchpool.pw/#

Such machines may also be laying dormant as overloading the network would be wildly unprofitable, unless they're paid in advance for it.

And no, AFAIK, MMR is a proxy, which is how it checks algos when you first connect to it. Also why you need to select a close server to yourself and if MMR server goes down, your rig rental does too.

DJM you aren't even worth replying to bro. Calling someone a troll when that's all you do is something entirely different. All you do is bitch and moan about miners stealing your non-existent donations and then ridicule someone when they bring anything worthwhile to light.

And you would know a 'pool' could very easily be a load balanced pool that distributes the hash over more then one coin... Nicehash for instance. Don't be a dumbass who apparently 'lacks critical thinking' as world boss Kotarius looks down upon those and wishes you much money loss.

(I also realized you guys were basically quoting the FAQ, which also shows you knew nothing about MMR before some google'fu.)
bestsponsor

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 08:28:34 AM

Grin

djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 11:04:14 AM

DJM you aren't even worth replying to bro. Calling someone a troll when that's all you do is something entirely different. All you do is bitch and moan about miners stealing your non-existent donations and then ridicule someone when they bring anything worthwhile to light.

actually I also write miners (like lyra2RE of vtc which is an algo for you, low power like the kind you were asking in your previous endless trolling session on power usage).

Sorry but you fit entirely the definition of a troll, as you don't care about what others write and responds in terms which are insulting (reason of my previous answers).
and even though you have been proven to be entirely wrong you will continue like if nothing happened.
We all know by now that this 170GH/s doesn't exist because it cannot be accounted anywhere in x11 coins hashrate, so why don't you just admit you were wrong and stop there rather than continuing like if nobody didn't say anything. 170GH/s is almost twice DRK hashrate, so it should be visible, if you can't see it on DRK hashrate then it doesn't exist and since DRK is the only x11 coin which is valuable there is very little chance the owner of any 170GH/s machine would lose power and usage on some shitcoin (which would get forked instantly.... even if it was the case, that would be easy to spot, like it was very easy to spot when the knc asic started to mine scrypt-n on VTC....)

So admit you were wrong or that it doesn't make sense and please move on... don't do what you did with your low power requirement on algo.

And for your info, I have a miningrental account and have already put a machine for rent on it, so I know how it works.

djm34 facebook page
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: