Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:18:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody here uses Shift or Xapo debit card?  (Read 8079 times)
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 09:22:42 PM

I don't really like Xapo Debit card. It seems a bad choice for me. I suggest ANX Debit card now. Their support is great and their service too.

There is 2 offers though I don't whether it is expired or not. Get A FREE ANX Premium Debit Card Now! and Get a $1000USD Grand Prize from ANX

~~MZ~~
i seen anx card but the fees for each use do not seem good , i like no monthly fee but come on $1.25 for each transaction purchase at store is something else. Even prepaid normal visa or mastercards are not raping people like this.

Hi DARKANGEL6415,

I am not sure where you read that about the fees on our card. There is no POS purchase free on any of our cards.
For our ANX Premium Card, the only fee there is is when you withdraw from an ATM.
https://anxbtc.com/pages/#/card-compare

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Have a Happy New Year.
i am really glad you on here i wont ask private question i will just put it on here. So the card from ANX from what i seen has no fees except to take out money at atms is this correct. All purchases from online stores like amazon or at local stores like walmart or gas stations will NOT have any fees correct. There is also no cost to load the card is this also correct? If all the following are correct how does ANX make money to keep going? Also are the cards a visa or master card logo. In the mean time while this is answered i am trying to find where i seen fee comparison between Xapo and ANX. Also forgot to ask does the ANX cards ship to people in the usa and how long does it take and does the card come in our personal names? Is this card also allow you to spend in real time like Xapo card where it auto sells or do we have to do the work and how do we deposit into it cash, bitcoins other alt coins?

1. It is correct, there are no fees on the ANX Premium card, except for ATM withdrawals.
2. There are no fees on any POS/Online Purchases.
3. There are no card loading fees.
4. We aren't telling you Tongue
5. I believe that the ANX Premium card is a Mastercard card, but I am not 100% sure.
6. Yes, we ship our cards worldwide.
7. No, the card will only have "ANX" printed on it as its name.
8. Our card currently doesn't support the Xapo functionality to auto sell on purchase.
9. You can deposit Bitcoins onto your ANX account, and then load it onto your card. The bitcoins will be exchanged into USD and then stored on your card.

ok here is where i had seen about the fees for ANX card i made this in seperate " reply " so my above post still gets answered. https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/ken-lo-ceo-anx-hong-kong-bitcoin-exchange-talks-bitcoin-debit-cards/
also here is the ones for xapo http://www.coindesk.com/xapo-faces-online-backlash-debit-card-fees/  thanks you i dont want to put anyone on the spot light i just want clear answer. Also what kind of regulation and protection do you all have for USA, thanks for answers and happy new year  Smiley

That article is very old. You can find a new table with our current fees here.
For protection, your card comes with a PIN. I'm not sure how stuff like this works in the USA, but here in Europe you have to put in your PIN on every POS purchase.
perfect thank you for answering my questions. I am a little bit concerend as to the card not having a name on it is there a reason for this. I travel alot and use hotel services and fly alot / rent cars. How will i be able to use this card to book a hotel, get a plane ticket, or rent a car if there is no name on t they can match to my ID? I open account just now and submit verification after reading this answers and got message saying they will send me a code by mail? Is this mail coming from the USA or is it from somewhere else where we have to wait long time. I also see they offer free card if account is verified by January 31st 2015 but i see it only applies to the card that holds funds in HKD that would charge me $30 to use the ATM lol. Is there any was to get the Premium card without paying high shipping fees and what is the delivery speed between registered mail and expedited mail to the USA

1. I don't think there would be any problem with that.
2. It comes from our offices in Hong Kong, but the delivery speed is very quick. It should take less than a week.
3. I would suggest to simply get the HKD card and upgrade the shipping to get the ANX Premium card. You can also just get the ANX Premium card, load 0.9BTC, and we will give you the card cost back.
ok i will see what i can figure out cause noway i am dropping $300 0.9btc into something i have not tried out yet or see how will work for things like hotel rentals or airplane tickets.

You can try to ask the specific company in question. As far as I know, in the US, there are prepaid debit cards which don't have a name, and you can pay for Hotels and Airplane tickets with those, so there shouldn't be a problem.
i understand what you are saying but i stay at hilton hotels and i can tell you right off bat. They need a credit or debit card that has persons name on it to work / match id. Only exception they make is on company credit cards that have business name on them. As for airlines i am sure they might have issue but never know. Is there any reason why ANX will ask for verification information but not send cards out with peoples name they verify?

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
caribbeanbitcoiner

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 10:18:59 PM

I don't really like Xapo Debit card. It seems a bad choice for me. I suggest ANX Debit card now. Their support is great and their service too.

There is 2 offers though I don't whether it is expired or not. Get A FREE ANX Premium Debit Card Now! and Get a $1000USD Grand Prize from ANX

~~MZ~~
i seen anx card but the fees for each use do not seem good , i like no monthly fee but come on $1.25 for each transaction purchase at store is something else. Even prepaid normal visa or mastercards are not raping people like this.

Hi DARKANGEL6415,

I am not sure where you read that about the fees on our card. There is no POS purchase free on any of our cards.
For our ANX Premium Card, the only fee there is is when you withdraw from an ATM.

Have a Happy New Year.
i am really glad you on here i wont ask private question i will just put it on here. So the card from ANX from what i seen has no fees except to take out money at atms is this correct. All purchases from online stores like amazon or at local stores like walmart or gas stations will NOT have any fees correct. There is also no cost to load the card is this also correct? If all the following are correct how does ANX make money to keep going? Also are the cards a visa or master card logo. In the mean time while this is answered i am trying to find where i seen fee comparison between Xapo and ANX. Also forgot to ask does the ANX cards ship to people in the usa and how long does it take and does the card come in our personal names? Is this card also allow you to spend in real time like Xapo card where it auto sells or do we have to do the work and how do we deposit into it cash, bitcoins other alt coins?

1. It is correct, there are no fees on the ANX Premium card, except for ATM withdrawals.
5. I believe that the ANX Premium card is a Mastercard card, but I am not 100% sure.
8. Our card currently doesn't support the Xapo functionality to auto sell on purchase.
9. You can deposit Bitcoins onto your ANX account, and then load it onto your card. The bitcoins will be exchanged into USD and then stored on your card.

ok here is where i had seen about the fees for ANX card i made this in seperate " reply " so my above post still gets answered. https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/ken-lo-ceo-anx-hong-kong-bitcoin-exchange-talks-bitcoin-debit-cards/
also here is the ones for xapo http://www.coindesk.com/xapo-faces-online-backlash-debit-card-fees/  thanks you i dont want to put anyone on the spot light i just want clear answer. Also what kind of regulation and protection do you all have for USA, thanks for answers and happy new year  Smiley

For protection, your card comes with a PIN. I'm not sure how stuff like this works in the USA, but here in Europe you have to put in your PIN on every POS purchase.
perfect thank you for answering my questions. I am a little bit concerend as to the card not having a name on it is there a reason for this. I travel alot and use hotel services and fly alot / rent cars. How will i be able to use this card to book a hotel, get a plane ticket, or rent a car if there is no name on t they can match to my ID? I open account just now and submit verification after reading this answers and got message saying they will send me a code by mail? Is this mail coming from the USA or is it from somewhere else where we have to wait long time. I also see they offer free card if account is verified by January 31st 2015 but i see it only applies to the card that holds funds in HKD that would charge me $30 to use the ATM lol. Is there any was to get the Premium card without paying high shipping fees and what is the delivery speed between registered mail and expedited mail to the USA

2. It comes from our offices in Hong Kong, but the delivery speed is very quick. It should take less than a week.
3. I would suggest to simply get the HKD card and upgrade the shipping to get the ANX Premium card. You can also just get the ANX Premium card, load 0.9BTC, and we will give you the card cost back.
ok i will see what i can figure out cause noway i am dropping $300 0.9btc into something i have not tried out yet or see how will work for things like hotel rentals or airplane tickets.

You can try to ask the specific company in question. As far as I know, in the US, there are prepaid debit cards which don't have a name, and you can pay for Hotels and Airplane tickets with those, so there shouldn't be a problem.
i understand what you are saying but i stay at hilton hotels and i can tell you right off bat. They need a credit or debit card that has persons name on it to work / match id. Only exception they make is on company credit cards that have business name on them. As for airlines i am sure they might have issue but never know. Is there any reason why ANX will ask for verification information but not send cards out with peoples name they verify?[/b]

From what I understand only banks can issue debit cards with the customers name on it
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:08:01 AM

~~MZ~~

Hi DARKANGEL6415,

Have a Happy New Year.

i understand what you are saying but i stay at hilton hotels and i can tell you right off bat. They need a credit or debit card that has persons name on it to work / match id. Only exception they make is on company credit cards that have business name on them. As for airlines i am sure they might have issue but never know. Is there any reason why ANX will ask for verification information but not send cards out with peoples name they verify?

The verification information is to make sure that you are an actual human, and to comply with  KYC/AML laws. We cannot issue cards with names printed on them because that would be far too costly, since we would have to personalize each card. We simply order a bunch of cards from our partners, and distribute them, which is why they only have "ANX" printed on them.
What you could try is to sign the card at the back, and then provide the same signature when you are paying.
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 08:32:12 PM

~~MZ~~

Hi DARKANGEL6415,

Have a Happy New Year.

The verification information is to make sure that you are an actual human, and to comply with  KYC/AML laws. We cannot issue cards with names printed on them because that would be far too costly, since we would have to personalize each card. We simply order a bunch of cards from our partners, and distribute them, which is why they only have "ANX" printed on them.
What you could try is to sign the card at the back, and then provide the same signature when you are paying.
Ok i will try this see if it works, maybe can offer customers option of hey if you want name printed on them you can order it but will cost money..... just saying

byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:31:35 PM

Ok i will try this see if it works, maybe can offer customers option of hey if you want name printed on them you can order it but will cost money..... just saying

Thank you for your suggestion.
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 08:41:00 PM

Thank you for your suggestion.
no problem anything that improves customer service / relations is good

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 03:49:14 AM

so whats the good word going on with the Xapo Visa or Mastercard forgot what it was and on phone so not going to go back lol this phone to slow lol, but any word on us folks here in the USA getting cards shipped out to us anytime soon, i dont know how ANX Premium card can be shipped to USA in under 1 week from Hong Kong with no problem. I will post this same thing on other Xapo forums see where gets answer faster as not always so active  Smiley

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 04:12:34 PM

well it went pretty quiet all in here, i guess people lost interest in this card or found something wrong with it apart from not sending to people in the usa  Cry  Cry  Cry  Huh

ludwigz

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 04:29:26 PM

Hey,

I tried to get a Xapo card but wasn't able to get "validated" by their process, odd...
I'm going to try an AMX card.
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 03:13:23 AM

Hey,

I tried to get a Xapo card but wasn't able to get "validated" by their process, odd...
I'm going to try an AMX card.

what do you mean it was not validated?

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 07:14:03 PM

I GUESS the above person did not want to answer what they ment

vm_mpn (OP)

Activity: 605

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 11:04:12 PM

I thought XAPO cards are not available for the US subscribers, not sure if that was the complaint... Unfortunately I hear very little on Coinbase / Shift debit card integration around here which I must admit I would jump on right away.
cazkooo
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 09:23:27 AM

I thought XAPO cards are not available for the US subscribers, not sure if that was the complaint... Unfortunately I hear very little on Coinbase / Shift debit card integration around here which I must admit I would jump on right away.

US subscriber?
do you mean non US subscriber?
since it is not available for me because i am not in US
Vortex20000

Activity: 504

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 09:53:35 AM

I recommend https://e-coin.io EXCEPT the site went down a few days ago for ~24 hours.

ludwigz

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 02:20:54 PM

To clarify, I'm a EU resident and I'm not sure why but my Xapo account couldn't pass their checks, here's the message I received:
ACTION REQUIRED - Important Update Regarding Your Xapo Account

Dear Xapo User,

Thank you for providing the information we requested from you earlier. After completing our review, Xapo has determined that we are unable to provide our services to your account. This decision is based on multiple factors utilized in our screening process, though for security reasons we are not able to provide specific details.

Xapo will be returning your funds to you and closing your account. To assist Xapo in returning your funds to you, please click here and submit your information by Monday, February 23, 2015.

Please note that clicking on the link will direct you to a third-party website hosted by FormSite.

Regards,

Xapo Team

I asked them to delete my account but I can still log into the site, not very professional.

On the other hand I ordered a debit card from https://anxbtc.com/ without any difficulties and I should receive it next week.

ludwigz

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 02:27:36 PM

I recommend https://e-coin.io EXCEPT the site went down a few days ago for ~24 hours.
I can't find a physical address on their site, where are they based?
Do you have/use one of this card?
Vortex20000

Activity: 504

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 07:00:38 AM

I can't find a physical address on their site, where are they based?
Do you have/use one of this card?
They have a thread on Bitcointalk, here, somewhere... search for "Bitcoin debit card" in the title.

I do have and use one. Have it linked to my PayPal and use it for paying server bills with BTC Smiley

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 07:24:07 AM

Here is the e-coin.io thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=917350.0

Bottom of first post contains some company and operator info. 
Admittedly, it looks a bit dodgy at first glance, a bunch of russians who incorporated in the UK using a bank in Gibraltar, but the guys have pretty solid credentials, they are using "mychoice" as visa provider, which seems to be a legit operation.

Anyway, Ive been using their card for a while too, and so far Im quite pleased with it and their service. Im just not ready yet to trust them with large amounts, but I wouldnt trust any visa prepaid card with that after the mbank fiasco.
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 01:22:25 AM

yeah the xapo card sadly is not offered to people in the usa, that means i can't get it till i get a address in like canada or something lol, IF shift card and coinbase team up that would be huge and good for me as i already use coinbase  Grin

ludwigz

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:40:28 PM

Finally found time to test my ANX debit card and it worked great.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: