Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:20:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a 0.2 loan!!!  (Read 1293 times)
xtactics (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 01:19:57 AM

Looking for a non-collateral loan.

This loan is for investing and online trading.

I pay you back in 3 days with doubled.

PM me if you are interested.

If you don't trust me, then I can give you a account, and you can hold onto it until I pay the loan.

EDIT: I will give my paypal account, linked with my cc which has my money in it! So I will only accept loans from trusted members.
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 01:21:41 AM

This loan is for investing and online trading.

I pay you back in 3 days with doubled.

PM me if you are interested.
lol, what kind of account?
xtactics (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 01:26:37 AM

A paypal account, linked with my credit card.
peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 01:27:47 AM

Interesting. *grabs popcorn*
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 01:28:08 AM

Nope, not a valid collateral. Stolen PP accounts are rampant, and even if it's yours it's really easy to revoke the access by just calling in etc. Please provide a valid collateral.
xtactics (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 01:34:43 AM

Nope, not a valid collateral. Stolen PP accounts are rampant, and even if it's yours it's really easy to revoke the access by just calling in etc. Please provide a valid collateral.
What could I give, main email or blockchain?
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 01:36:45 AM

What is considered collateral?

Collateral is something that can easily be resold to cover the loan value plus interest should the loaner default on the loan.

- The best collateral is another crypto-currency, such as Litecoin (also written as LTC).
- Some digital wares such as domain names can be considered as long as the user cannot recover it.
- Small valuable items that can be shipped though the mail - i.e. gold, silver, iphones, etc.
- Large items, such as a motorcycle or guitar can be used if you live close to the person giving you the loan.

What is not considered collateral?

- Items not in hand.  Don't trust a user that promises to give you something *when* they default!  Tracking numbers only show something has been mailed - it could be an empty box.
- Future income.  You can prove you'll make xx coins in the next few days, but nothing forces you to send those coins to pay your debt.
- Identification.  So what if they can prove who they are.  Are you going to spend more money and time taking them to court on untested legal grounds?  You'll probably just walk away, like everyone does.  ID is useless.
- Most new alt-coins or alt-coins that trade for satoshis are not good collateral as they can become worthless overnight.
- Paypal should never be used - they are anti-bitcoin and will rule against you 100% of the time.  Escrow can't even help, as paypal charge backs can come 6 months later!
- Most valuable online accounts can easily be recovered by social engineering (the user contacting support to say they were hacked, and regain control of the account)

I find this post by Vod really informative for situations like this.
michaeladair

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 01:38:08 AM

It seems as if you have no valid collateral, if you were to already have some previous trust or maybe alt coins to give as such then it might be acceptable.

xtactics (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 01:43:26 AM

Collateral is something that can easily be resold to cover the loan value plus interest should the loaner default on the loan.

- The best collateral is another crypto-currency, such as Litecoin (also written as LTC).
- Some digital wares such as domain names can be considered as long as the user cannot recover it.
- Small valuable items that can be shipped though the mail - i.e. gold, silver, iphones, etc.
- Large items, such as a motorcycle or guitar can be used if you live close to the person giving you the loan.

- Items not in hand.  Don't trust a user that promises to give you something *when* they default!  Tracking numbers only show something has been mailed - it could be an empty box.
- Future income.  You can prove you'll make xx coins in the next few days, but nothing forces you to send those coins to pay your debt.
- Identification.  So what if they can prove who they are.  Are you going to spend more money and time taking them to court on untested legal grounds?  You'll probably just walk away, like everyone does.  ID is useless.
- Most new alt-coins or alt-coins that trade for satoshis are not good collateral as they can become worthless overnight.
- Paypal should never be used - they are anti-bitcoin and will rule against you 100% of the time.  Escrow can't even help, as paypal charge backs can come 6 months later!
- Most valuable online accounts can easily be recovered by social engineering (the user contacting support to say they were hacked, and regain control of the account)

Look, I'm in need of a loan, I can give you anything you request as long as it proves to you, that I will pay you back your bitcoin.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3098

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 01:46:16 AM

Look, I'm in need of a loan, I can give you anything you request as long as it proves to you, that I will pay you back your bitcoin.

Nothing you can give us will prove you will pay us back.  That is why we ask for collateral.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 01:48:41 AM

I request your soul.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 01:54:11 AM

I request your soul.

Not sure if you are joking, since you were absent for the forum for a period of time, but someone did try this already:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=93003.0

dank ended up defaulting on his loan regardless.   Undecided

(If you were joking, I post this as a public reminder)

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 01:56:40 AM

I request your soul.
Cheesy I remember doing the ' dank's soul has been claimed' edit LOL.

Not sure if you are joking, since you were absent for the forum for a period of time, but someone did try this already:

xtactics (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 02:12:31 AM

I request your soul.

dank ended up defaulting on his loan regardless.   Undecided

Sorry about the absense, and no i'm not joking. I could ship something over to you worth roughly $50-$100
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 02:15:50 AM

Where is the money coming from to pay me 0.4btc in 3 days?

Never mind - this one is too obviously a scam.  What absence is he talking about?

xtactics (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 02:20:36 AM

Never mind - this one is too obviously a scam.  What absence is he talking about?
Don't jump to conclusions to fast, Its for online trading and investing.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 02:21:53 AM

I believe that.  I just don't believe you'll pay back any coins "lent" to you.  You have no reason to.

xtactics (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 02:29:43 AM

Never mind - this one is too obviously a scam.  What absence is he talking about?

I believe that.  I just don't believe you'll pay back any coins "lent" to you.  You have no reason to.
I told you, I would give you something valuable through shipping, or either accounts ect. There was no need to go and say "Never mind - this one is too obviously a scam" Anyways, I wouldn't scam you either way, but I could ship you something valuable, and once it arrived you can give me the loan?
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 02:31:00 AM

If you happen to find someone to escrow with, document everything in this thread, and I'll remove the trust.

Otherwise, you're just another newbie looking for a "loan".   Undecided

peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 08:17:05 PM

I request your soul.

Omg XD Dank Soul Guarantee - Danksurance

Wow

Yeah I was totally joking, didn't know btc members would stoup to eBay standards D: *flabbergasted*
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: