Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:41:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New ZiftrCOIN Presale Launched!  (Read 20973 times)
Ralphs

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 03:46:56 PM

How does it work that $1,000 = 5,051 ziftrCOINs? I'm checking out here https://www.ziftrcoin.com/presale/?with-cash

It looks to me like they are basing the exchange value on the moving BTC-USD price and the current BTC to ZRC exchange rate. I just looked quick and it gave me a price of $1000=4548 ZRC. Roughly speaking $1000= 4.66 BTC atm so with a price of 1 BTC=1010 ZRC (pulled from their website) which gave me 4700 ZRC =4.66 BTC. I dont know where they pull the market rates but seems to be moving based on changing prices.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DiabolusLoki

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 08:33:36 AM

Means you get cheapy cheapy coins

mmm...cheapies, the fact that they pulled off the USD option is pretty awesome...means they have better credit and standing in the community then some anonymous group.
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 04:34:33 AM

What the hell is this? You are selling coupons,.... really?

Why shouldn't I prefer to get 3% off by using gyft + btc
or 15% off by using Purse.io + btc? or buy my
products through a friend's affiliate link and have him give me the cash?

This way I get bigger discounts and am not tied down with the complexity of another wallet or
liability of spending the coupons on merchants.

Additionally , just like with the paycoin scam your plugin likely breaks the TOS of the merchants and may eventually
be blocked my them.

Avoid this coin like the plague.

Quote from: Amazon

Amazon does run an Amazon Associates program that allows associate members to earn commissions on sales generated via our API and developer tools.

We will work aggressively to disable API calls from those attempting to avoid our account systems, those fulfilling orders that appear to come from Amazon, or those violating the Amazon Associates Program Operating Agreement.

Any piece of software, extension or other system which implies a partnership or intercepts customers or customer information is in direct violation of our terms and Amazon will act accordingly.

[…] will not intercept, record, redirect, read, interpret, or fill in the contents of any electronic form or other material submitted to us by any person or entity.
        […] will not request, collect, obtain, store, cache, or otherwise use any account information used by our customers in connection with any Amazon Site […]
        […] will not modify, redirect, suppress, or substitute the operation of any button, link, or other feature of the Amazon Site.
        […] will not make any orders or engage in other transactions of any kind on the Amazon Site on behalf of any other person or entity, or authorize, assist, or encourage any other person or entity to do so.
        […] will not take any action that could reasonably cause any customer confusion as to our relationship with you, or as to the site on which any functions or transactions (e.g., search, browse, or order) are occurring.

ZWGuy

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 05:55:34 PM

What the hell is this? You are selling coupons,.... really?

Why shouldn't I prefer to get 3% off by using gyft + btc
or 15% off by using Purse.io + btc? or buy my
products through a friend's affiliate link and have him give me the cash?

This way I get bigger discounts and am not tied down with the complexity of another wallet or
liability of spending the coupons on merchants.

Additionally , just like with the paycoin scam your plugin likely breaks the TOS of the merchants and may eventually
be blocked my them.

Avoid this coin like the plague.

It's important to note that none of the cryptocurrency features/tools we're working on will use a browser plugin/extension. We're working on having as direct an integration as possible. It could possibly vary from merchant to merchant but we have no plans of ever requiring a plugin to use ziftrCoin or ziftrShop. We currently have a browser add-on that is for price comparison, and we may create more (or add to the existing one) if we need to give users additional features (less click, exchange rates, etc), but they won't be required.

I want to make it very clear that we're not claiming (and never have) to have any type of Amazon integration out the gate. That would be a pretty wild claim, to say the least. We're going to do what we can to try and make it happen, but that's an obvious goal since everyone in the online retail space wants a piece of Amazon. Working with big name retailers can be a very lengthy process, even if you "know people", and you are also forced to work at their pace. It can take months. That's one of the reasons our large public give away isn't happening until the end of the year. We want users to be excited about free coins and that means they need a place to spend them.

Purse.io and gyft are both great services. Personally, I use purse.io to turn my Amazon rewards points into bitcoin. It's great, like having a credit card that gives cash back in btc. However you have to admit that neither of them are the way online shopping is "supposed to be." Gyft (I know it has other uses too so I'm specifically talking about with btc) and purse.io are band-aids (good ones that I myself use) to two of the major problems in cryptocurrency. It's hard to get and it's hard to spend.
inBitweTrust

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 06:17:37 PM

It's important to note that none of the cryptocurrency features/tools we're working on will use a browser plugin/extension. We're working on having as direct an integration as possible. It could possibly vary from merchant to merchant but we have no plans of ever requiring a plugin to use ziftrCoin or ziftrShop. We currently have a browser add-on that is for price comparison, and we may create more (or add to the existing one) if we need to give users additional features (less click, exchange rates, etc), but they won't be required.

Ok, well you can see how one can easily be misled by this:

https://www.ziftrcoin.com/what-is-ziftrcoin/

ziftrCOIN is giving away 300 million coins to help consumers become familiar with cryptocurrency. Each ziftrCOIN will have a minimum redemption value of $1 when spent within the ziftrSHOP online marketplace, where Ziftr’s innovative shopping cart technology, ziftrCART, provides a user-friendly way for consumers to conduct transactions using cryptocurrency and credit cards. Think of ziftrCOINs as your very own Ziftr coupons.
Check out the ziftrSHOP

Linking to :

ziftr.com

Quote from: https://ziftr.com
Shop where you want with our free browser add-on.
Ziftr works with hundreds of your favorite retail sites.

http://www.ziftr.com/about/sites/

Your sites don't reflect your statement. Which is true?

ZWGuy

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 11:43:53 PM

Ok, well you can see how one can easily be misled by this:

https://www.ziftrcoin.com/what-is-ziftrcoin/

ziftrCOIN is giving away 300 million coins to help consumers become familiar with cryptocurrency. Each ziftrCOIN will have a minimum redemption value of $1 when spent within the ziftrSHOP online marketplace, where Ziftr’s innovative shopping cart technology, ziftrCART, provides a user-friendly way for consumers to conduct transactions using cryptocurrency and credit cards. Think of ziftrCOINs as your very own Ziftr coupons.
Check out the ziftrSHOP

Linking to :

ziftr.com

Quote from: https://ziftr.com
Shop where you want with our free browser add-on.
Ziftr works with hundreds of your favorite retail sites.

http://www.ziftr.com/about/sites/

Your sites don't reflect your statement. Which is true?

Wow, You're right. I can see how that is confusing (especially so, when following the flow you pointed out). I'll bring that to the attention of the team and see if we can make that more clear. Just a browser add-on is not the impression we want to give. Browser tools have their place (and there's some great ones out there), but I can honestly say that I personally would be very reluctant to use one targeted specifically at cryptocurrency users.

To clarify, the marketing text on ziftr.com is referring to our existing browser add-on, Ziftr Alerts. What we're trying to say is that with Ziftr Alerts (which is completely unrelated to cryptocurrency) you can get Ziftr's price comparison features yet not be forced to shop directly at ziftr.com. For example what I probably use Ziftr Alerts the most for is that I can begin shopping on Amazon. If I find what I want, I can read reviews and cross shop, then with two clicks into the add-on I can see the exact same product on a brick and mortar store. Then I can easily decide if I want to wait two days (prime member) or go out and get it. Sometimes I just want it now.
inBitweTrust

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 11:53:29 PM

Wow, You're right. I can see how that is confusing (especially so, when following the flow you pointed out). I'll bring that to the attention of the team and see if we can make that more clear. Just a browser add-on is not the impression we want to give. Browser tools have their place (and there's some great ones out there), but I can honestly say that I personally would be very reluctant to use one targeted specifically at cryptocurrency users.

To clarify, the marketing text on ziftr.com is referring to our existing browser add-on, Ziftr Alerts. What we're trying to say is that with Ziftr Alerts (which is completely unrelated to cryptocurrency) you can get Ziftr's price comparison features yet not be forced to shop directly at ziftr.com. For example what I probably use Ziftr Alerts the most for is that I can begin shopping on Amazon. If I find what I want, I can read reviews and cross shop, then with two clicks into the add-on I can see the exact same product on a brick and mortar store. Then I can easily decide if I want to wait two days (prime member) or go out and get it. Sometimes I just want it now.

Good of you for realizing that it is indeed misleading or dishonest. Although somewhat convenient that any changes to give accurate information to investors will happen after the pre-sale which ends in 6 hours.

So you are suggesting the coupon token you are selling will not be used with large merchants now. Thus the value of such tokens will only be represented by merchant acceptance. When will you publish the list of merchants willing to accept the coupon coins?

ZWGuy

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 01:54:04 AM

Good of you for realizing that it is indeed misleading or dishonest. Although somewhat convenient that any changes to give accurate information to investors will happen after the pre-sale which ends in 6 hours.

It's possible Ziftr got the short end of the stick on this one. I can't help but wonder how many people may have been interested in our coin, clicked through to our shopping site, and then said to themselves, "a browser add-on?? YAWN.. I'll pass on that."

Our pre-sale actually goes on for about 5 more days. That other timer is just when we tick down to the next price.

So you are suggesting the coupon token you are selling will not be used with large merchants now. Thus the value of such tokens will only be represented by merchant acceptance. When will you publish the list of merchants willing to accept the coupon coins?

I wouldn't say ziftrCoin won't ever be used with large merchants. We have some pretty big goals set for ourselves. We also have the team and connections in place to have a legitimate shot at achieving those goals. There's always the possibility of failure though, but that's no fun to talk about.

I actually have no idea when we'll start to publish merchants that we'll work with. To be honest, I don't even know which ones we already have. I'm just a lowly developer after all. I do know that we have real merchants already signed up and I know of some of them. We're working on getting more and more merchants signed up and we have some pretty big names (newsworthy even) in the works. I know, I know, I'm sure you've never heard THAT one before. I only say it so that it doesn't seem like we're doing nothing or waiting to see what happens with ziftrCoin's release.

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 07:33:46 PM

I have question. Your website shows 1 BTC = 1000 ziftercoins for the current presale bracket. A day or so ago it was 1300 ziftrcoins. There are 9 hrs left in this bracket before it supposed to drop to 1000 according the the timer two days ago. Are you using a floating value based on bitcoin value or did you change it?

Your site actually says "Next price: 1 bitcoin (BTC) = 1,000 ziftrCOINs" and "CURRENT RATE: 1 bitcoin (BTC) = 1,000 ziftrCOINs"  Which is it?

Not FUD here, just was expecting to get 1300 to 1 today. Perhaps I missed something?

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DiabolusLoki

Activity: 249

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:33:58 AM

and then said to themselves, "a browser add-on?? YAWN.. I'll pass on that."

LMAO, the end user doesn't care what technology their is NOR does the TOS of anyone if you can bring them money.
No TOS is written in stone, it's to keep the noobs and scammers out and very flexible when you can make someone else money Wink 
ziftrCOIN (OP)

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 10:45:28 PM

I have question. Your website shows 1 BTC = 1000 ziftercoins for the current presale bracket. A day or so ago it was 1300 ziftrcoins. There are 9 hrs left in this bracket before it supposed to drop to 1000 according the the timer two days ago. Are you using a floating value based on bitcoin value or did you change it?

Your site actually says "Next price: 1 bitcoin (BTC) = 1,000 ziftrCOINs" and "CURRENT RATE: 1 bitcoin (BTC) = 1,000 ziftrCOINs"  Which is it?

Not FUD here, just was expecting to get 1300 to 1 today. Perhaps I missed something?

Our analysts consider many different factors including the current USD/BTC rate, sales volume, and time remaining in the presale when calculating the next ZRC/BTC price.
Fargo

Activity: 283

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 11:43:49 PM

Working on a Ziftr community if anyone wants to help out, could use some forum staff.

http://ziftrtalk.org/
http://ziftrcointalk.org/

WEBSITE  |  WHITEPAPER  |  TWITTER
   GITHUB  |  REDDIT 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●    ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ashleygrey08

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 07:21:43 AM

Presale Ends in 16 hours from now at https://www.ziftrcoin.com/presale/?with-cash
inBitweTrust

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 07:34:27 AM

The presale is selling blank coupons that allow a 3-4.9% discount that may not be spendable anywhere because they haven't even discussed the merchant list yet.

Why would anybody buy blank coupons, instead of waiting to see where they can be used first?

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 09:49:31 PM

Shitcoin scams just never end

Filed yet another sec complaint

The chamber also seems to support ziftr, scum are everywhere
Ziftr gives users a guaranteed $1 value up to $5 when buying a item from their marketplace. nothing like paycoins $20 promise.

It's not nearly so blatant, true. Some of the red flags with ziftr are outlined here: 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=894605.80

Looking at their page (http://www.ziftr.com/) makes me even more wary.

Over $348,705,036 saved, and we're just getting started.

Ziftr users save an average of $24.57 per order. Per order!

If the savings average $24.57 per order, and total $348,705,036, then we can calculate that there were just over fourteen million orders. But they launched less than two months ago. Their Chrome browser plug-in has 4,237 users and a total of 63 reviews.

It could be legit. Even if it is, to me it just doesn't make sense. I don't see consumers being sufficiently attracted by the small discounts to make it a success.

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:03:13 AM

Shitcoin scams just never end

Filed yet another sec complaint

The chamber also seems to support ziftr, scum are everywhere
Ziftr gives users a guaranteed $1 value up to $5 when buying a item from their marketplace. nothing like paycoins $20 promise.

It's not nearly so blatant, true. Some of the red flags with ziftr are outlined here: 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=894605.80

Looking at their page (http://www.ziftr.com/) makes me even more wary.

Over $348,705,036 saved, and we're just getting started.

Ziftr users save an average of $24.57 per order. Per order!

If the savings average $24.57 per order, and total $348,705,036, then we can calculate that there were just over fourteen million orders. But they launched less than two months ago. Their Chrome browser plug-in has 4,237 users and a total of 63 reviews.

It could be legit. Even if it is, to me it just doesn't make sense. I don't see consumers being sufficiently attracted by the small discounts to make it a success.

And, amazingly, people keep on falling for them like flies.

This one is just a scheme to promote their business. Except for those big pocket local investors that surely, as their customer's mandate is, will dump to coins as soon as it becomes adequately profitable.
frankywill

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 05:29:15 PM

ZSuW9AtvevZR9XK3xT52GbozmcHTfxB3Zu

I WILL FOLLOW YOU
FIRST ONE TO TRUST AND I WILL DO
DrBeer
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1864

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 07:28:24 PM

Distribution on 100 ZiftrCOIN  began? If that - I the first Smiley ZWVsebnBPp6n592TLY5eiSAPdAsfLDPPs2

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
..JOIN US..

▄███████████████████████▄
█████▀▀██████▀▀██▀▀▀▀████
████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
████████████▀████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
█████

██████████
..HIRE US..
Bitshill

Activity: 168

Not a Doctor

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 07:30:12 PM

No giveaways on the thread.

The way to make money is to buy when blood is running in the streets.
frankywill

Activity: 214

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 07:54:10 PM

solomining on ziftrcoin ubuntu step by step please
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: