Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:00:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New ZiftrCOIN Presale Launched!  (Read 20973 times)
najzenmajsen

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 11:31:06 AM

Dev , your coin looks more exciting than the other ico's tbh , however this being an ico coin , there's always alot of issues , so i have some questions for you mate.

1. we will be giving away 300 million ziftrCOINs (limit of 100 per person)
may i ask how exactly you're gonna make sure there's not 1 guy getting 1 million coins?

2. How are we gonna be sure you're not buying coins to yourself?

3. where have you been marketing before posting here , to get 650,000 dollar worth of ico ?
( potential fake numbers to make otheres think its a good idea to invest? )

Thanks , hope you dont take offense from my skeptic questions just wanna make sure this is not just another scam
snake.in.the.blanket

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 12:38:49 PM

ICO  = SCAM
najzenmajsen

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 03:06:30 PM

ICO  = SCAM
'
not neccesairly , but this coin seems to have a high potential for scam imo but that's just like my opnion man
Levole11

Activity: 566

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 03:19:28 PM

ICO  = SCAM
'
not neccesairly , but this coin seems to have a high potential for scam imo but that's just like my opnion man

I don't know how they got so much in presale, but Michael Terpin is doing their PR.. Big chance it is not a scam, it's just that i had never haeard of it, before Michael Terpin started tweeting about it..
safetybitcoin

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 10:47:00 PM

Indeed there were many cases of scams with ICO coins and see how this will end.
And that if ever invest what you can not miss.

ZWGuy

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 11:39:44 PM

I'm one of the developers over at Ziftr. I'm doing some of my usual bitcointalk lurking and figured I'd pop in here and try to answer some of the questions.

So first of all, thanks to everyone for checking out our coin and the things we're building around cryptocurreny. Hopefully you find it interesting and at least follow our development.

The first thing I want to address is where the presale bitcoins are being stored. We know that transparency into what we're doing is important and this is a large part of it. So, in the name of being transparent, here's what's up. At the moment the btc is stored in a cloud wallet that moves the coins around for security purposes. How this integrates with our website means the coins were never in the same place at the same time and many of them went to different addresses that we control. This means I can't simply list an address here because no single address will contain anything useful. We're working on changing this and moving all of those coins to a cold storage address that we control so we can show it to everyone. As soon as this is ready the website will be updated and display the address. I'll also post it here. Also, a large amount of the presale was done in cash, so there won't be any bitcoins on the blockchain for that. I believe around the 1st there will be a news article or press release or something that explains in detail everything about the presale so far, such as how much of it was in btc and where that btc is.

So, in short, we know the btc address is an issue. We're not hiding it intentionally, and we'll get that info out asap.
ZWGuy

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 12:05:29 AM

Now I'll try and answer the rest of questions individually.

I think this coin is legit actually. But I don't like the pre-sale. The total supply mined over 10 years will be 10,000,000,000. One bitcoin for just 1,300 seems WAY overpriced. That implies a marketcap of 25 million after.

But yeah, it's got a convincing case so far other than that.

Truth be told, at first I thought our coins were a bit overpriced when I heard the final numbers too. I've started to come around though. The idea is that our coins will have that $1 redemption value on our site. This means that when someone buys the coins they're not so much betting on the market value of the coins as they are that we'll deliver on our promises. Meaning, for some other coin presales the question you might ask yourself is "will this coin ever be worth more than I'm paying for it?" However with ziftcoin the question is "will Ziftr deliver?" Worst case, ss long as we have at least some functionality on our website, users can get their money out (though it may take a few months of online shopping).

We also don't want to attract people that are only interested in pumping and dumping. I think with the current price point buyers have to have some faith or interest in the rest of Ziftr, which is a good thing. We also have traditional VC investors. They agreed on that price and even bought quite a few coins at it.

what's the significance of that protocol [sign to mine] - in layman's terms, why does it matter?

The main benefit of sign to mine is that we believe it will prevent large anonymous pools and help keep mining decentralized. It requires that miners sign their mined blocks, meaning that anyone helping to solve the block must have access to the private key that can then spend the mined coins. This means with a large pool of anonymous users that anyone could take the money and run when a block is solved. However, we do believe that pools have a use for smaller miners. To facilitate that we're also working on some social mining pool type solutions that will let miners work together with people they trust and/or build trust with other miners.

ZWGuy

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 12:28:00 AM

Dev , your coin looks more exciting than the other ico's tbh , however this being an ico coin , there's always alot of issues , so i have some questions for you mate.

1. we will be giving away 300 million ziftrCOINs (limit of 100 per person)
may i ask how exactly you're gonna make sure there's not 1 guy getting 1 million coins?

2. How are we gonna be sure you're not buying coins to yourself?

3. where have you been marketing before posting here , to get 650,000 dollar worth of ico ?
( potential fake numbers to make otheres think its a good idea to invest? )

Thanks , hope you dont take offense from my skeptic questions just wanna make sure this is not just another scam

These are great questions. A presale is simply selling a promise. So we need to be ready for negativity and skepticism and we need to be prepared to do what it takes to prove that we'll keep our promises.

To your questions:
1. This is still something we're working on. It will certainly require users to have accounts at ziftr.com (which are free and don't require personal information). Then it's just a matter of how do we keep people from using multiple accounts. We have a bunch of ideas on this (other than the typical bot prevention tech), but I don't want to go into detail because it would just be info malicious users could use to circumvent the system.

2. I'm not sure if you're asking about us buying the coins ourselves during the presale, or giving the coins to ourselves during the giveaway, so I'll answer both. For the presale, we're working on getting an address to share with everyone as well as posting more news about it. For the giveaway, we'll have a publicly available blockchain explorer for our coin, so people can see the coins being given away in 100 coin batches. I know that won't prove we aren't just redistributing them to ourselves though. I'll also bring this up with the team to see what else we have planned for transparency in that area.

3. We've been talking at conventions, such hashers united and money 20/20. We've been in a few news articles. We promote ourselves on our own social media channels and website. Our CEO, an avid miner himself, is great at what he does and has also been going around getting traditional old school investors excited about bitcoin and promoting ziftrcoin in those circles.
ashleygrey08

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 07:09:34 AM

I'm so excited on ZiftrCoin. How can I avail on Presale?
StephenMorse

Activity: 88
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:14:23 PM

I'm so excited on ZiftrCoin. How can I avail on Presale?

Go to https://www.ziftrcoin.com/presale/ and click "BUY ZIFTRCOINS". You'll be walked through the process of paying with BTC to get ziftrCOINs.
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:21:49 PM

Questions!!!

DEV, where is your POD?
Will this coin be mineable after the IPO is over?
What happens to coins not sold?
How many coins are the DEVs holding?
Are you using escrow for your IPO, or can you simply bolt with the BTC when the IPO is over?

Not trying to spread FUD, but there have been SO MANY IPO scams.  Questions need to be answered.

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:39:55 PM

-snip-

In 2015, we will be giving away 300 million ziftrCOINs (limit of 100 per person) to incentivize people to try using cryptocurrency, in hopes to increase widespread adoption of the technology, both by consumers and by merchants.

-snip-

So why should I buy your coin for (wait for it) 1BTC for 1600 unknown coins?

You are not even listed in ANY exchange.

Your coin has NO value.
Nipperkin

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 08:30:01 PM

Your coin has NO value.

I'm buying because I put value on the management team's reputation and track record...these guys hit homeruns and I'll be the bat boy on the team Wink
https://www.ziftrcoin.com/about-us/ziftr-team

I usually like to support the little guy, but history has taught me that the organizations that are a well oiled machine have the experience and connections to make things happen.

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 08:38:37 PM

Your coin has NO value.

I'm buying because I put value on the management team's reputation and track record...these guys hit homeruns and I'll be the bat boy on the team Wink
https://www.ziftrcoin.com/about-us/ziftr-team

I usually like to support the little guy, but history has taught me that the organizations that are a well oiled machine have the experience and connections to make things happen.

That's a big team....

Personally I will wait for the free coin distribution (I can't afford to buy any now anyway).

One question though:

What's up with the name?
drew1982

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 09:35:03 PM

Doesn't even have a wallet. Great coin lol
jertsy

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 10:02:59 PM

How can it be decentralized without a wallet?
StephenMorse

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:19:04 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2014, 04:36:13 PM by StephenMorse

Your coin has NO value.

We will be on major exchanges, there will be an announcement next week. The coin is in development, too, it's not released yet.

One question though:

What's up with the name?

"Ziftr" sounds like "sifter", and so named because the original product of ziftr is a shopping browser add-on that sifts through thousands of products and finds you the best price while you're shopping: http://www.ziftr.com/. The parent company is http://www.myvbo.com/, we've been around since 2008.
StephenMorse

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:27:04 PM

How can it be decentralized without a wallet?

@drew1982 and @jertsy, the coin isn't out yet. We are in the process of signing merchants up so that the coin is actually useful when it comes out. The wallets will be available pretty soon, at the very latest in early February. We want to make sure everything is stress tested and not going to break.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:35:20 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2014, 04:47:53 PM by unusualfacts30

I like the idea behind it but too expensive. Almost 0.001 BTC per Ziftr. I'll pass for now..will wait till launch.

0.001 is goal of majority of coins in crypto and you're starting at the top leaving little to no room for growth.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
marcoman22

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:41:57 PM

Idea is good but I don't like ICO's as they mostly end up as scams , so you can never be too careful.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: