Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:11:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitForce SC - Pre Order List  (Read 35825 times)
BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 11:35:41 PM

Can you guys please clarify a bit on this? Is there a picture I can see? The one on the site looks like a freaking giant metal plate. How many watts will it need.
If I order today, will I for sure have it on October?

Thanks.

As if they would do that on purpose ....Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 11:36:48 PM

Can you guys please clarify a bit on this? Is there a picture I can see? The one on the site looks like a freaking giant metal plate. How many watts will it need.

Thanks.

that's the silicon wafer of the chips. not the finish product. to my knowledge there's no pictures of what they're actually gonna look like. though i'd wager, fromthe exterior, the singles would be... well, similar to the FPGA single, since they have the cases and such.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
simon66

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 11:37:51 PM

Thanks.

Freaking giant metal plate...

That made me choke on my water! LOL

Kinda reminds me of a CPU template that they use where my "dad" works. They etch them on these plates. (Or what looks like plates)
this time

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 11:39:25 PM

I can't answer that and nether can you with exact to the right numbers and dates.  Thus your guess or generaliztion is inaccurate.  What I do know is enough orders have been filled to satisfy me.

I will agree that preordering from such a small company is a big risk.

My generalization is inaccurate?  Tell that to the list of people that haven't received their orders yet.  I know that isn't everyone, but how likely is it that everyone but the people that have listed their order info on the list have received their hardware?  I think its far more likely that things just aren't shipping.

Presumably, the money is being saved up to start the asic process which will have to be spent in one large chunk. After that hurdle, new money for orders will go towards filling the old orders.
dave3

Activity: 344

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 02:02:58 AM

Has anybody who ordered with the wire transfer option received wiring instructions yet?  I'm ready to put in the wire transfer request so it will go out Monday morning, but haven't received instructions, yet.

I have the old wiring instructions from when I ordered my Singles last March, but I'm hesitant to just reuse those, in case they might have changed.
Morblias

Activity: 576

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 03:14:54 AM

Has anybody who ordered with the wire transfer option received wiring instructions yet?  I'm ready to put in the wire transfer request so it will go out Monday morning, but haven't received instructions, yet.

I have the old wiring instructions from when I ordered my Singles last March, but I'm hesitant to just reuse those, in case they might have changed.

Nope. Pretty pissed off about it too. I placed 2 orders ~2 hour after pre-orders went live, but didn't have the BTC for it so I had to use the wire transfer option. So now I have to wait for their instructions on where to wire it to and get placed at the end of the line.

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
hardpick

Activity: 265

Football President

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 03:20:22 AM

Current local time in Kansas City
Sunday, 24 June 2012 at 10:18:57 PM CDT

I don't think you will get an email till normal office hours ie Monday sometime
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 03:21:13 AM

Nope. Pretty pissed off about it too. I placed 2 orders ~2 hour after pre-orders went live, but didn't have the BTC for it so I had to use the wire transfer option. So now I have to wait for their instructions on where to wire it to and get placed at the end of the line.

At least you didn't buy hardware right before their announcement and have your capital locked up that way.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
Paladin69

Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 03:45:23 AM

From the Pre-Order Form...

"Please be aware that your order date is set at the time payment is received"

I am indifferent on this.  I want to get on your list and have a set date for a Mini-Rig SC but I want to see that BFL comes through on delivery of my first Mini-Rig fgpa before I blindly start handing more money over this early.

Can people pay for the upgrade in installments to get the order date set?  It would be nice if I could mine a bit with my investment first to see that it works.

Also why is Dwolla not an option like before?
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 07:07:05 AM

Grin

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
joshv06

Activity: 991

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 07:11:31 AM

Sorry if this has already been answered, but what is the power consumption of the Bitforce SC? Thanks!

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 07:49:34 AM

Sorry if this has already been answered, but what is the power consumption of the Bitforce SC? Thanks!

Which one? Jalapeno is 2.5W, Single should be around 30W, Mini-Rig around 700W.
Ausversucht

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 09:53:42 AM

Which one? Jalapeno is 2.5W, Single should be around 30W, Mini-Rig around 700W.

Where has this info been posted? Seems to good to believe given the hash rate.
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 10:10:29 AM

This can be linearly extrapolated from the hash rates and from the claim that Jalapeno is "USB powered" (ie. 2.5W).
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3506

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 10:42:45 AM

This can be linearly extrapolated from the hash rates and from the claim that Jalapeno is "USB powered" (ie. 2.5W).

USB 2 spec is 2.5 watts. but USB 3.0 can give 900 ma (4.5 watts).

did they say USB 2 or 3?
Morblias

Activity: 576

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 03:01:43 PM

When will you be sending out the email for wire transfer instructions? I placed my order 2 hours after pre-orders went live and I am now at the end of the line because I am sitting here waiting for an email from you guys.

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
Paladin69

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 04:09:17 PM

When will you be sending out the email for wire transfer instructions? I placed my order 2 hours after pre-orders went live and I am now at the end of the line because I am sitting here waiting for an email from you guys.

Same here.  I found it curious that they decided to not accept Dwolla & Paypal anymore.  Why?
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 04:10:27 PM

Same here.  I found it curious that they decided to not accept Dwolla & Paypal anymore.  Why?

"Supporting bitcoin"

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
Hawkix

Activity: 531
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 04:18:45 PM

Because when this ends as large SCAM, you will have no way to chargeback them.

Donations: 1Hawkix7GHym6SM98ii5vSHHShA3FUgpV6
http://btcportal.net/ - All about Bitcoin - coming soon!
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 04:24:24 PM

Which is likely to ship first Jalapeno or Single?

Same time?

Seems unlikely the Minirig SC will ship first..
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: