Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:11:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASIC Raffle III: Win a BFL Single SC & MORE! (NMC/LTC/SLC Welcome)  (Read 25356 times)
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 11:35:00 AM

In order to ensure that the operator has no ability to manipulate the event, the winning ticket will determined by the first block generated the day after the final ticket is allocated. A reply will be posted in this thread by Luceo when the ticket is allocated, and the time on that post will be accepted as the time of the last sale. The last two numbers of the block hash will be converted to decimal and divided by two, then rounded down. The winning ticket will be the one whos number corresponds to the answer (00-01 = ticket 00, 02-03 = ticket 01 etc.

Sorry if this has been asked before? So which block exactly will be chosen? The first block after 00:00 o'clock of the day after the last ticket sale in what timezone?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Luceo (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 12:05:01 PM

In order to ensure that the operator has no ability to manipulate the event, the winning ticket will determined by the first block generated the day after the final ticket is allocated. A reply will be posted in this thread by Luceo when the ticket is allocated, and the time on that post will be accepted as the time of the last sale. The last two numbers of the block hash will be converted to decimal and divided by two, then rounded down. The winning ticket will be the one whos number corresponds to the answer (00-01 = ticket 00, 02-03 = ticket 01 etc.

Sorry if this has been asked before? So which block exactly will be chosen? The first block after 00:00 o'clock of the day after the last ticket sale in what timezone?

It will be UTC.

Luceo (OP)

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 12:38:40 PM

The final ticket has now been sold (assuming payment is received within the next hour).

The first block of Tuesday 26th June (Time Zone: UTC) will determine the winner in around 11 hours.

Thanks for playing and stay tuned, maybe another lottery soon.

Luceo (OP)

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 12:50:14 PM

Just 4 tickets still awaiting payment. Cheesy

Edit: Received. It's confirmed, the block after 00.00 UTC on 26th June will determine the winner, who I will announce here and contact for details to make the order with BFL.

Luceo (OP)

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 01:03:14 PM

If anyone has any suggestions for a second lottery and how to improve it, let me know.

I'm considering increasing the total intake slightly for the next one. I realised Bitcoin price shifting 10% would actually put me into an operating loss with this lottery, and it's moving more quickly than I find comfortable recently (I think it's down about 6% on 36 hours ago).

Could potentially recompensate this by doing a 2nd place draw on the second block, for the difference between the intake and the cost of the Jalapeno, less about 2.5 BTC operating fee. This way if Bitcoin remains stable or increases in value, I don't feel like I'm gouging profit or asking punters to take all the risks.

What do you guys think?

bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 01:05:27 PM

If anyone has any suggestions for a second lottery and how to improve it, let me know.

I'm considering increasing the total intake slightly for the next one. I realised Bitcoin price shifting 10% would actually put me into an operating loss with this lottery, and it's moving more quickly than I find comfortable recently (I think it's down about 6% on 36 hours ago).

Could potentially recompensate this by doing a 2nd place draw on the second block, for the difference between the intake and the cost of the Jalapeno, less about 2.5 BTC operating fee. This way if Bitcoin remains stable or increases in value, I don't feel like I'm gouging profit or asking punters to take all the risks.

What do you guys think?

Can you do a lottery for a SC single or mini rig ?

Thanks !
Luceo (OP)

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 01:11:42 PM

Once a few Jalapeno lotteries run successfully, I'd consider doing one for an SC Single.

I wouldn't feel comfortable doing one for a minirig as I can't cover the prize if I were to somehow lose the BTC. It's also a big jump from asking the community to trust me with 30 BTC to 250 or 5000.

film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 01:45:55 PM

If a person wins,can they get a PM saying they've won.How will the person know they've won after the blockchain has chosen the winner? As the blockchain doesn't say it in plain english (it's just a bunch of numbers).

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
Luceo (OP)

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 01:53:05 PM

If a person wins,can they get a PM saying they've won.How will the person know they've won after the blockchain has chosen the winner? As the blockchain doesn't say it in plain english (it's just a bunch of numbers).

The winner will get a PM (or IRC query if it's one of the IRC buyers) to say they've won.

I'm very much hoping the winner will post back here with their order number. ^^

danieldaniel

Activity: 854

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 05:26:56 PM

Woot!  Hope I win!  Cheesy  (I already have a deal set up if Anduck wins, or if I win.  Cheesy).

AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 08:32:29 PM

Pretty cool.. Glad it sold out quickly... Can't wait to see who wins.... Goodluck to all Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
danieldaniel

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 12:17:09 AM

41. tarrant_01  Congratulations!

GlooBoy
Copper Member

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Leave everything to me!

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 12:22:11 AM

The way I see it. Anyone else confirm?

Last 2 digits of block hash: 0000000000000967ec9d11abade90e6bb918bf0bde683c2187e13017b616d829
29 Converted to decimal =  41    http://www.binaryhexconverter.com/hex-to-decimal-converter
Divide by 2  = 20.5 and round down if necessary. = 20

And the Winner is:. 20. graet

www.btcLottery.com

GLooBoy @ OTC--LBC--BitRated -- GPG ID: A23D510BD6E310D3
Beginner and Expert Level FREE Escrow for All | GiftCards for Crypto -- Cryfter.com from 2012 to 2017
Luceo (OP)

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 12:28:21 AM

The winner is graet.

danieldaniel forgot to divide by 2 and so far has told two people who didn't win that they won (tarrant and aethero) Tongue

Graet has been contacted for details and will be on the list for a shiny new ASIC imminently.

danieldaniel

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 12:47:54 AM

The winner is graet.

danieldaniel forgot to divide by 2 and so far has told two people who didn't win that they won (tarrant and aethero) Tongue

Graet has been contacted for details and will be on the list for a shiny new ASIC imminently.
++

Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 02:36:51 AM

The winner is graet.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cheesy

Pm answered

Cheers Luceo

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 04:43:28 AM

First thanks to Luceo,
Along with others I was nervous to put BTC with an unknown person but I figured what the hay its a few 0,25BTCs and a chance to be in the cue cheap Smiley

I have found Luceo good to deal with, promptly answering any queries I had in a professional manner. Grin

Just got my confirmation email

Dear Graeme,

Thank you for placing your BitForce Jalapeno order.

This is confirmation that your order was successfully placed in our system.

If you've chosen an instant payment method and have completed that transaction, then your order is confirmed.  If you've chosen a payment method that requires additional information such as a bank wire transfer instructions, please stand by for an email from customer service within the next business day.

Kind regards,

Customer service team

BF Labs Inc.

and my receipt from bit-pay

Now I guess I wait hehe  Grin

Cheers
Graet

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
NothinG

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 08:25:46 AM

Got some more tickets in. Cheesy

I doubt I'll actually win, but it's fun.

tarrant_01

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 11:38:25 AM

41. tarrant_01  Congratulations!

Aww shucks.  Grin

1P95gCUCw3Tjb7yyoYtW3ARZZQyTpFgk6H
MoonShad0w384

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile