Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:12:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What would be the price range of bitcoin vs USD on Dec 31 2012.
<$5
>$5 <$10
>$10 <$20
>$20 <$30
>$30

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: End of year price prediction  (Read 5108 times)
BoardGameCoin

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 11:56:40 PM

I for one hope they do!

(double down! want to get me some $3 coins.)

-bgc

I'm selling great Minion Games like The Manhattan Project, Kingdom of Solomon and Venture Forth at 4% off retail starting June 2012. PM me or go to my thread in the Marketplace if you're interested.

For Settlers/Dominion/Carcassone etc., I do email gift cards on Amazon for a 5% fee. PM if you're interested.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2012, 12:04:23 AM

when is ASIC hitting the market?

goxed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 02:32:36 AM

my guess, sometime between Oct 2012 and Oct 2013, more biased towards the latter than the former

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
goxed (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 06:41:32 AM

my guess, sometime between Oct 2012 and Oct 2013, more biased towards the latter than the former

bump

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 06:46:46 AM

buy!  Cheesy

blazing

Activity: 46
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 10:45:49 AM

we can assume there will be an ever increasing number of fresh bitcoin buyers, can we not? i don't have any reason to sell bitcoin unless i am desperate for cash and need to buy something. and im sure many others are the same. why keep fiat lying around and what else are you going to invest in?
Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 11:42:45 AM

we can assume there will be an ever increasing number of fresh bitcoin buyers, can we not?
I discoverd Bitcoin in May and bought my share. Now is my friends starting to buy Smiley
notme
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 03:28:49 PM

we can assume there will be an ever increasing number of fresh bitcoin buyers, can we not? i don't have any reason to sell bitcoin unless i am desperate for cash and need to buy something. and im sure many others are the same. why keep fiat lying around and what else are you going to invest in?

There will be panics as the market gets too hot.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 06:55:16 PM

we can assume there will be an ever increasing number of fresh bitcoin buyers, can we not?
I discoverd Bitcoin in May and bought my share. Now is my friends starting to buy Smiley

Wow you got in at the right time....besides november of last year.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 07:20:10 PM

I don't complain Cheesy
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 07:43:19 PM

I don't complain Cheesy

neither do I...I bought when it was $4.80 to $5.20 in March.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 12:42:23 AM

but my biggest reservation  is  in order to propagate Joe average has too feel they are getting more than they put in. So we need to see a redistribution of BTC.

ppl always say this and i still don't get it.  what's to stop ppl from just USING it for commerce w/o any speculation expectations?  i do that for USD's. 
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 03:58:10 AM

but my biggest reservation  is  in order to propagate Joe average has too feel they are getting more than they put in. So we need to see a redistribution of BTC.

ppl always say this and i still don't get it.  what's to stop ppl from just USING it for commerce w/o any speculation expectations?  i do that for USD's.  

When I made my fist Bitcoin purchase I didn't want to spend my hard earned Bitcoin's so I bought some and used those.  This was using it for commerce without speculation; however I only used Bitcoin because I am an enthusiast.

If the Bitcoin economy were bigger I may be compelled to just buy them. However buying them to partake in an established Bitcoin economy will create a demand for Bitcoin. When you look at the "innovation adoption curve" that demand will be filled by the innovators who have lots of BTC to sell. The people who build the economy are the Early Adopters paying the price and the benefactors are the Inovators. (the Early Adopters are key to the successful adoption of Bitcoin for mass market appeal )

In my view you need the Early Majority to adopt Bitcoin in order for it to propagate.  For that to happen the Early Adopters need a motivation to build the Bitcoin economy.  I see wild swings in boom and bust cycles as the ideal stimulant.  Boom bust to me is like gambling only cashing out without loss if you have a stable supply of BTC, one in this cycle eventually establishes a legitimate way to obtain BTC and cash out during the swing, thus the economy slowly builds, and the Early Adopters benifit. ( That is, what I am doing now except I am trickle mining, as opposed to building the economy. So technically I fall in the Innovation stage, but traders fall in the early adopters Stage.)  

So to keep this on topic I hope to see it around $8 at the end of the year - the new low for 2013 and the Bitcoin rich to sell off to the new comers and have the cycle repeat itself dropping to a low that are representative of the increasing user base.  

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 04:07:33 AM

but my biggest reservation  is  in order to propagate Joe average has too feel they are getting more than they put in. So we need to see a redistribution of BTC.

ppl always say this and i still don't get it.  what's to stop ppl from just USING it for commerce w/o any speculation expectations?  i do that for USD's.  

When I made my fist Bitcoin purchase I didn't want to spend my hard earned Bitcoin's so I bought some and used those.  This was using it for commerce without speculation; however I only used Bitcoin because I am an enthusiast.

If the Bitcoin economy were bigger I may be compelled to just buy them. However buying them to partake in an established Bitcoin economy will create a demand for Bitcoin. When you look at the "innovation adoption curve" that demand will be filled by the innovators who have lots of BTC to sell. The people who build the economy are the Early Adopters paying the price and the benefactors are the Inovators. (the Early Adopters are key to the successful adoption of Bitcoin for mass market appeal )

In my view you need the Early Majority to adopt Bitcoin in order for it to propagate.  For that to happen the Early Adopters need a motivation to build the Bitcoin economy.  I see wild swings in boom and bust cycles as the ideal stimulant.  Boom bust to me is like gambling only cashing out without loss if you have a stable supply of BTC, one in this cycle eventually establishes a legitimate way to obtain BTC and cash out during the swing, thus the economy slowly builds, and the Early Adopters benifit. ( That is, what I am doing now except I am trickle mining, as opposed to building the economy. So technically I fall in the Innovation stage, but traders fall in the early adopters Stage.)  

So to keep this on topic I hope to see it around $8 at the end of the year - the new low for 2013 and the Bitcoin rich to sell off to the new comers and have the cycle repeat itself dropping to a low that are representative of the increasing user base.  

+1

yup it would be nice to know that this actually happening

goxed (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 08:26:05 PM

Bump   Shocked

Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 01:19:11 AM

Above $10 for sure folks.

It is inevitable ... people hoarding. Reward dropping, ASIC coming showing huge faith in BTC system and its viability etc.

When ASICs hit, I expect the price to drop hard until we reach a point where the value gained from mining with ASICS makes ROI about 100-200 days.

ASICs are expensive equipment because the company has to make up for the development cost and fuel a sustained business. Don't expect them to sell cheap. However, they will certainly be more competitive than FPGAs in terms of W/GH power consumption and $/GH/s hardware costs. GPUs still lead in terms of $/GH/s.

The question is really about selling pressure. And with ASICs coming to the market you just change the mix ratios ASIC/FPGA/GPU.
What makes you think ASIC miners have a larger selling pressure than FPGA or GPU miners?

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 01:37:47 AM

I am staying with over 30 USD. I suspect a very large bear caught in a mega short squeeze.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
zhalox

Activity: 176
Merit: 106

XMR = BTC in 2010. Rise chikun.

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:06:06 PM

I am staying with over 30 USD. I suspect a very large bear caught in a mega short squeeze.

^This.^

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:23:54 PM

I have removed my over 30 USD vote as I now suspect that the very large bear may have already covered the short. The price has just been far to stable for the last few hours.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 09:05:01 PM

Above $10 for sure folks.

It is inevitable ... people hoarding. Reward dropping, ASIC coming showing huge faith in BTC system and its viability etc.

When ASICs hit, I expect the price to drop hard until we reach a point where the value gained from mining with ASICS makes ROI about 100-200 days.

ASICs are expensive equipment because the company has to make up for the development cost and fuel a sustained business. Don't expect them to sell cheap. However, they will certainly be more competitive than FPGAs in terms of W/GH power consumption and $/GH/s hardware costs. GPUs still lead in terms of $/GH/s.

The question is really about selling pressure. And with ASICs coming to the market you just change the mix ratios ASIC/FPGA/GPU.
What makes you think ASIC miners have a larger selling pressure than FPGA or GPU miners?

A BFL jalapeno will cost you $150 or something and deliver 3.5 Ghash/s. (http://www.butterflylabs.com/order-form-bitforce-sc-jalapeno/)

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: