Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:54:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Changetip & Tipping tuesday  (Read 1617 times)
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1301

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 02:59:38 PM

I agree with the following article and take the same stand: ChangeTip Must Die

The author has a big chip on his shoulder.

Changetip is a good idea. Better if it was p2p, but wishing a product to die is counterproductive and negative like he rails against.
gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 07:44:20 PM

Changetip is a good idea. Better if it was p2p, but wishing a product to die is counterproductive and negative like he rails against.

At the risk of sounding uninformed as i didnt read every word in the article: they also seem to assume that the level of usage of the service will remain unprofitable (based on current useage and revenue). I think theyre hugely underestimating the potential this has if it takes off. They could expand many multiples of times in 10 years (basically it seems narrow minded).

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
juju

Activity: 381

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 10:44:00 PM

What do you all think of changetip?
I think it is a great way to bring bitcoin to new users by being kind, answering simple questions and giving small tips.

The Tipping-tuesday reddit-thread gets lots of comments from users  from the Xbox-subreddit (obviously after the microsoft announcement), BUT not many bitcoiners are involved tipping...

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2phm79/tipping_tuesday_december_16_2014/

Upvoting this reddit-thread would be nice, so that more bitcoiners come across it (and maybe give a tip or two)

I don't like Changetip, I don't like its name, I don't like its business model, I don't like its logo. I don't want to associate any Bitcoin addresses with social media accounts. Separation of money and everything Smiley

I might be too hopeful but I think a future Sidechain will satisfy Changetips usecase.
exoton

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 12:17:16 AM

He does make good points about it probably not ever being able to be profitable. Changetip's biggest pitfall is that it caters to people who are spending/tipping very small amounts so it will almost never potentially be able to reach any kind of economy of scale
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: