Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:41:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF are the politicians doing ?  (Read 7269 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 10:13:11 AM

at least you can get your ears cleaned... /sarc what you fail to see in this chart is the accessibility of young woman for those corrupts enough to destroy a society for their sexual pleasure. In China, It's called those of coming from the setting sun in arms where all the corrupts have no choice but surrenders their ways and weapons, because they realize that like in all thing corruption can't stand the test of the Path, and that once the time to die has come better leave in peace so that mercy can be found in death. I start to feel that trough Japan history some men have taken a little bit of knowledge from China and imposed their will on others in Japan until someone more knowledgeable came and repeat the same circus. Empire building is boring, all paths have been seen, love, kindness, harmony and prosperity are harder, there is no fog of war to hide in. We will know 01.

Can anyone translate this to comprehensible English? Sorry I can't understand what he is saying. Reads like gibberish to me.

I think he is trying to say that while we few Bible people argue about the Bible, there are great groups of orientals that have something entirely different to say.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
interlagos

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 03:14:11 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2014, 07:43:47 PM by interlagos

Very interesting discussion.
I don't mean to interrupt, but have a few questions.

One rule; one law; one order; don't eat the one fruit. Eat all the rest. Don't eat that one. Honor God by obeying that one rule. After all, honoring God, and thereby glorifying Him, is what man was created for.

You seem to be defining God's love based on condition of not doing something. Wouldn't God be even greater if God's love was unconditional? Something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i3rMnvyXgQ

Also experiencing one aspect of existence (a perceived Hell) for eternity would only last for as long as you believe in it. Instead of one law, one rule, there seem to be actually four universal fundamental laws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiotqFbgonM
There is a good chance that all of them can be well explained with mathematics (except first one which is empirical), but I won't go into that here.
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1816
Merit: 2787

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 06:17:23 PM

I do believe there is an overseeing entity of our planet and our "species", and I am hoping its not a bunch of fucked up humans trying to control the decency of humanity. Although, currently, I haven't come to a conclusion one way or the other as to who or what that entity may be.

I will say I am beginning to think the Bible was created or evolved into a control mechanism for people. Although, I am struggling with whether or not its a necessary control to have a somewhat functioning & pleasant society. Trust me, I am not one to want any regulation or control over anyone but there are certain groups of people that I know would do evil things if they didn't have some type of spiritual accountability hanging over their head.

My fear is if God disappears from societies, and there is no personal fear or accountability for ones actions outside of law enforcement, I think the society may break down or at least turn into a society I may not want to be a part of.

I still continue to not be able to understand the arguments of most of the religious groups out there that read the Bible as if it is some type of manual for life. Some of my concerns with the Bible stem from the fear that the people, at the time of Jesus, were not intelligent enough to determine whether or not they were being tricked into seeing or believing things that weren't actually happening. However, I do believe some were intelligent enough to deceive and manipulate.

Also earlier in time, how do I know Moses didn't fall and whack his head on a rock and get some type of brain damage that made him delusional before he, or whoever, wrote those first set of books?     

The earliest accounts of the Bible apparently came from songs, poetry and other hand-me down stories that had been passed down verbally through multiple generations. We have those hand-me down stories all the time, even today, and what worries me is they can lose their original value or meaning even within a few generations of being passed down, lyrics and stories change slightly as they are passed along through generations. 
I wonder if the Itsy Bitsy Spider song is related to the great flood???  Is the spider resembling human kind going into the gutter (sinning) and then being washed away with water??  only to repeat the process after the sun comes back up??  Shocked  Shocked

The Bible seems to have been started around 1500BC. The creation stories date back to 4000BC (I will note here that the Bible technically doesn't say when the creation stories come from). It is worrisome to think that these stories were verbally passed down through at least 1500 years before being written into the first books of the Bible. Could we not be worshiping twisted versions of old tales that parents told their children, or their people, to keep them in line before the great flood?  And after the great flood, those stories then became real to the survivors who believed a naturally occurring event was caused by God?

I also fear our ancestors may have reached a point in mental/psychological evolution where they needed a God and an explanation of their existence and thus mentally created one through these stories. Maybe Moses picks up on these stories after the flood and starts writing about them?

I feel there IS some truth in the Bible, but it also appears to be a cluster-fuck of books that seem to sometimes contradict prior books and the values the books preach about.

Here are a few more questions for any overly religious folks out there Smiley

1) Why are their human fossils and other evidence being found that predate the creation week?  Including underwater volcanoes and other things that have erupted, supposedly before water or land ever existed.

2) Why would Jesus question Cain as to where his brother is when he speaks to Cain in the field?  Shouldn't Jesus know Abel is dead???   Also, why the hell would Cain get to walk away from a murder and be allowed to go build a city? 
---It sounds like some guy killed his Brother and then made a deal with Jesus to build a city and Jesus would allow him to live by telling people they would be punished seven times worse.

Also...... a note for any religious health folks out there:  Jesus accepted the fat from a sheep and rejected the fruit.  Wink

There are unfortunately plenty of murderers who have not been caught, and plenty of people around that have caused the death of many people. Look at some of the dictators in the world who live long luxurious lives while breaking almost every commandment. We seem to be taught that all things will be justified in death, and that those sinners won't make it to the promise land but that's a hard pill to swallow with some of the tragedies I have personally seen in my own life and in others. 

3) Why would a God create an Earth in the fashion that its laid out in the Bible, what is the motive??

I'm done ranting.

This was also interesting to look at, hopefully its all accurate!   Lips sealed

interlagos

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 07:38:31 PM

Could we not be worshiping twisted versions of old tales that parents told their children, or their people, to keep them in line before the great flood?  And after the great flood, those stories then became real to the survivors who believed a naturally occurring event was caused by God?

While I'm by no means an expert in the Bible (I haven't read it), seeing it in every hotel room I stayed made me quite suspicious of it as it screamed propaganda. My suspicions were later reaffirmed in the sources I found all by myself and learned to pay attention to over time. While some parts of the Bible might be true, other were manipulated, because lie is harder to discern when mixed with the truth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZLPkvz6G_M

The idea of outside God (as my creator) is inherently flawed. Because empirically everything I experience stems from me and therefore is already contained within me. I cannot experience the idea of God without me being there in the first place. Only I know what it's like to be me (thus only I can "create" myself) and any God I will ever experience will just be a reflection of God within me. God and its Creation are inseparable the same way a dancer and her dance are.
contagion

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 12:20:37 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2014, 04:41:39 AM by contagion

To summarize my upthread posts, I can't imagine a God who punishes to eternity in horrific (gnashing of teeth), burning (fire and brimstone) pain, for sins that the God admits we are born with and can't entirely avoid. Wouldn't a God that loves us want to rehabilitate us instead? I could understand banishing us temporarily in loneliness or something like that, but this eternal disembowelment crap is very Nazi-like. Sounds like the Bible was written by callously (no heart, no forgiveness) deviant minds.

Also God offers us this incredible fear, while for the carrot he only offers us a nebulous warm fuzzy navel of perfection that sounds very boring compared to the diverse life of risks and challenges we have in this imperfect Universe, and doesn't even define precisely (e.g. in the discussion of the church of Philadelphia) what we have to do to be assured of passing through the narrow gate and avoiding the horrific eternal outcome.

The Bible has turned the concept of a soul and an eternal existence into a psychological weapon couched in a nebulous warm fuzzy for those who aren't thinking clearly, because eternity is a long time. The eternal, non-forgiving punishment is for everyone else so let's sweep that aspect under the rug, except when we need to batter non-believers with it.

To top it off, it is entropically impossible for there to be a feedback loop between perfection and this life of incredible diversity, otherwise our diverse entropy here in this Universe can not exist.

The breaking point for me was recently someone I've known since 2007 telling me that Tribulations will begin Sept 23, 2015 and massive death and suffering globally by 2019, which corresponds to Armstrong's (non-religious) computer model of massive global implosion and global pandemic by 2019. I just can't fathom a God that will save 144,000 (or even 144 million) and send the rest of the humanity into eternal excruciating pain with open sores on their body. It sounds too similar to CNN's Ted Turner's Georgia Guidestones' inscription proclaiming to reduce the population to 500 million totalitarian eugenics. I was forced by that challenge to think clearly and make a decision. No more standing with one leg on each side of the fence.

The Bible's psychological profile will appeal to people who do not want to think clearly. Typically they have some psychological handicap which causes them to need this delusion. In my case, I think I was drawn to it because of love of and loyalty to those who subscribed to Christianity, the failure of my marriage, death of my relationship with my father, murder of my only full blooded sibling sister, the loss of vision in my right eye, and then being infected with incurable high strain HPV which lead to the decline in my health. I guess I wanted to believe there was still something to feel positive about in spite of all the failures in my life. But falling into that delusion actually made my behavior worse. Rather than dealing with my depression, I covered it up with a nebulous mayonnaise. It is very important to be proactive about depression and attack it by accomplishing happy and positive actions using clear thinking so we don't just haphazardly wander into self destruction.

Sister and I in 1971 and 1969:
http://www.coolpage.com/commentary/economic/shelby/Shannon_Shelby_Nov_1971.jpghttp://www.coolpage.com/commentary/economic/shelby/Shannon_newborn_Shelby_in_bed_Aug_1969.jpg

(note the lack of smile in 1971 may be because my Dad had left my mom and the USA in 1970 when I was 5 years old)

The underlying psychological need that the Bible fulfills in the need for control. This is why religious groupthink is so dangerous. The believers have turned their minds over and are ready to be manipulated by the right cause, such as the lynchings in the Inquisition. I notice that Bible believers are typically very strongly invested in an order to things and very much against serendipity. Whereas, my grandfather who was the most unselfish man I ever met (the dude would take off his pants in the mall and give them to you if you asked him to), and probably the main reason I tried to accept the Bible because of my admiration of what a better man he was than I am (I love that man, he was my best friend ever), said that Jesus was the rock he stands on when all other things are sinking sand. The concept is so beautiful. After his death, when I got back to the Philippines, I put that "Jesus is my rock" pamphlet from his funeral up on the wall above my computer monitor. Note I did not subscribe to Christianity during his life, and we often discussed my theory that morality was orthogonal to the question of our existence. But a few hours before he died, I thanked him so much for the wonderful times and he asked me to make good my relationship with my father and he said I could never go wrong with Jesus. For the man you love to tell you that on his death bed, how can it not leave an indelible mark.

I think he never thought about the aspects of the Bible I mentioned above. He was pure love. His parents used to give groceries to poor families. He father was a Baptist minister.

There is a lot of truth to the Bible, such as every time I see a poor person begging I am reminded of the verse of the rich man who couldn't enter the narrow gate because he always ignored the beggar. I guess all of us hate that human nature can be so narrow minded and selfish, so we idealistically fall into the trap of an order that promises to punish such. But again no rehabilitation, makes it clear the Bible is totalitarian which is a deviant psychology.

What made it so difficult to let go of Christianity because I love my grandfather so much.

But maybe that is just luck. We get lucky to know people like that.

Grandad at sister's college graduation:
http://www.coolpage.com/commentary/economic/shelby/Shannon_graduation_and_Granddad.jpg

interlagos

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 01:32:15 AM

To summarize my upthread posts

What made it so difficult to let go of Christianity because I love my grandfather so much.

Nice post! +1

Not everyone needs an organized religion to find God within, but we can thank all of the distractions and obstacles out there as our great teachers. It is always a constraint that we push against in order to propel ourselves onto the next level in our infinite evolution.

Exact copies of each other so nothing changes, nothing is alive, and nothing exists. Read my exposition of this in my blog essay, "Information Is Alive".

By the way, I liked the blog, though I haven't read all of the links inside yet.
Maybe absolute perfection is only possible when there is a choice for something less perfect?
It's a paradox then, but that's why we are still here, still breathing.
sangwan1212

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

ActionCrypto.com ★ Bitcoin Binary Options&#9

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:12:19 AM

so you want to say that for everything politicians are responsible, they are not

contagion

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:19:34 AM

(apologies continuing the religious topic which was only on topic to the extent that political and religious collectives are argued to be self-serving delusions that can be manipulated by those entrusted with leadership or controlling roles, e.g. the ministers and politicians)

Helping Christians not to be so dogmatic that they throw out the baby with the bathwater might help many billions of people.

Perhaps you will write or minister again in future.

God bless and thank you.

Anonymous wrote to me in email:
> Universal reconciliation - Wikipedia
Samix (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 11:13:53 AM

Atlast i m happy now !!

2 of em hanged !
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 04:09:28 PM

Atlast i m happy now !!

2 of em hanged !

Upside down.  Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
contagion

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 12:23:39 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2014, 04:57:01 PM by contagion

To summarize my upthread posts

What made it so difficult to let go of Christianity because I love my grandfather so much...

Nice post! +1

Not everyone needs an organized religion to find God within, but we can thank all of the distractions and obstacles out there as our great teachers. It is always a constraint that we push against in order to propel ourselves onto the next level in our infinite evolution.

Exact copies of each other so nothing changes, nothing is alive, and nothing exists. Read my exposition of this in my blog essay, "Information Is Alive".

By the way, I liked the blog, though I haven't read all of the links inside yet.
Maybe absolute perfection is only possible when there is a choice for something less perfect?
It's a paradox then, but that's why we are still here, still breathing.

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: RE: My flirtation with Christianity is done; analysis follows...
Date:    Thu, December 25, 2014 12:19 am
To:      anonymous
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scientifically everything is connected[1]:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=365141.msg9910747#msg9910747

Edit#2: nothing in this Universe is perfectly random or perfectly independent events, i.e. 100% disorder doesn't exist (2nd Law of Thermo assures us it is globally trending to maximum).  This is why Poisson distribution is only an approximation in some limited contexts. What appears to be random is simply entropy that is beyond your frame-of-reference. For example, quantum entanglement and other quantum effects appear to be random, but this is because our frame-of-reference is limited to our observation tools based in the limits of the speed-of-light, Plank's constant, and the Heisenberg effect, i.e. you can't be omniscient  in real-time because you can't perceive everything everywhere instantly due to the propagation delay of light (and this is why Armstrong's huge historical database is able to see correlations that seem random to you). As Armstrong has so eloquently summarized it (paraphrased), "that longer-term predictions are more accurate than shorter-term ones".

[1]http://unheresy.com/The%20Universe.html#Matter_as_a_continuum
http://unheresy.com/Information%20Is%20Alive.html#Knowledge_Anneals

> Take heart, your grandpa saw the majestic and timeless nuggets of
> wisdom in Christianity.  It's there and like pretty much everything else,
> it's a matter of sorting the wheat from the chaff.  I've come to better
> appreciate metaphors and allegories in the bible, of course, never falling
> into the trap of taking it literally.  Far too many Christians fail to
> recognize the importance of a broader perspective that embraces timeless
> precepts while allowing for refinement and growth.  IMO, that's the
> problem with all of the major organized religions and this groupthink is
> greatly exacerbated by the situation of the power elites seizing control
> of organized religion for their own ends rather than allowing religion and
> philosophy to organically evolve and refine itself.
> Recall the insightful letters between Thomas Jefferson and Thomas Paine
> wherein they strongly made case that of all the world's religions,
> Christianity afforded the most freedom and dignity for mankind.  Jefferson
> was a closet agnostic and Paine went further in his skepticism.  Paine
> made an important contribution to the concept of inherent rights with his
> Rights of Man.
> In our own era, champions of freedom and critical thinking such as Aaron
> Russo and Bill Cooper made it clear they believed in God (a Divine force)
> yet they wholly rejected organized religion recognizing it as a tool used
> to control the masses.    As an intense NWO researcher, I fully recognize
> that a segment of US Christian patriots have been the most astute NWO
> researchers and the most tenaciously opposed to elite enslavement
> irregardless of its seductive qualities.  This is why this group has been
> in the power elites' cross hairs more than any other large group.  In the
> last year I saw official Agenda 21 documents for the United States and in
> these papers there was a long list of things that were deemed "Not
> Sustainable", on that list was Christianity, this was a fairly recent
> publication.   The group of Christians exposing the NWO while also
> rejecting the elites' dark Occult paradigm of the "end justifies the
> means" are the natural allies of truth and freedom activists everywhere.
> Divide and conquer mechanisms make it difficult for us to form a united
> front.
> I believe I once told you I often think about something Steve Jobs once
> said (as you may know, Jobs spent much time studying Buddhism).  He said
> he thought the various religions were doors to the same building.   An
> excerpt of his biography where I read this is below.  I also often think
> about the story of the blind men and the elephant.  You know what I mean,
> ?  Take heart, your grandpa was onto something.   It could very well
> be the men who wrote the bible were inspired by divine wisdom and somehow
> gained insight from a connection to an infinite consciousness.  They were
> still blind men, trying to describe something they would never fully
> understand, stymied by the smallness of their minds and the culturally
> rigid eras that formed their culture and knowledge base.
> "He never went back to church. He did, however, spend years studying and
> trying to practice the tenets of Zen Buddhism. Reflecting years later on
> his spiritual feelings, he said that religion was at its best when it
> emphasized spiritual experiences rather than received dogma. "The juice
> goes out of Christianity when it becomes too based on faith rather than on
> living like Jesus or seeing the world as Jesus saw it," he told me. "I
> think different religions are different doors to the same house. Sometimes
> I think the house exists, and sometimes I don't. It's the great mystery."
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 04:56:07 PM

According to the evidence, random does not exist. Random is an idea that people have invented because cause and effect is way to complex and detailed for people to see except in a very small way. This is why it is taking modern science so long to find a method for us to live lives longer than a couple hundred years. The ideas of evolution and the age of the universe are things we don't have a clue about, because the cause and effect behind this stuff is way too complex for us to accurately put together.

Since we understand that there is cause and effect behind everything, and since we understand that there is no random, we can also understand that whatever started the cause and effect, also programmed into us that we would understand cause and effect without random.

Of course, the above is only effective regarding the basic ideas of science methodology. When you consider that science hasn't found the answers to connecting body, life, and conscience, yet, maybe there is some slight randomness in the spirits of man.

Smiley

Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 10:42:16 AM

politician can't solve everything.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 01:21:00 PM

Yes. But they have so many of us believing their crap that they are solving their dilemma of how best to enslave us.

Smiley

AllTheBitz

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 06:24:53 PM

How did this devolve into a discussion about religion?  ... This reminds me of my last Civ5 game and how ideology/faith points had no impact on my happiness, gold, resource, or productivity levels. 

Because everything has to be a flame war.

▓▓▓▓   New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange            → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓   Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
AllTheBitz

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 06:25:21 PM

very few solve anything.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 07:57:39 PM

What are the politicians doing? Everything that they can to make slaves of us all and to keep us that way.   Angry

contagion

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 08:24:06 PM

How did this devolve into a discussion about religion?  ... This reminds me of my last Civ5 game and how ideology/faith points had no impact on my happiness, gold, resource, or productivity levels. 

Because everything has to be a flame war.

Hey kiddies, games are not real life (sorry to inform you since I know you grew up living in games). And there was no flaming in the upthread religious discussion.
AllTheBitz

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 09:22:44 PM

I do believe there is an overseeing entity of our planet and our "species", and I am hoping its not a bunch of fucked up humans trying to control the decency of humanity. Although, currently, I haven't come to a conclusion one way or the other as to who or what that entity may be.

I will say I am beginning to think the Bible was created or evolved into a control mechanism for people. Although, I am struggling with whether or not its a necessary control to have a somewhat functioning & pleasant society. Trust me, I am not one to want any regulation or control over anyone but there are certain groups of people that I know would do evil things if they didn't have some type of spiritual accountability hanging over their head.

My fear is if God disappears from societies, and there is no personal fear or accountability for ones actions outside of law enforcement, I think the society may break down or at least turn into a society I may not want to be a part of.

I still continue to not be able to understand the arguments of most of the religious groups out there that read the Bible as if it is some type of manual for life. Some of my concerns with the Bible stem from the fear that the people, at the time of Jesus, were not intelligent enough to determine whether or not they were being tricked into seeing or believing things that weren't actually happening. However, I do believe some were intelligent enough to deceive and manipulate.

Also earlier in time, how do I know Moses didn't fall and whack his head on a rock and get some type of brain damage that made him delusional before he, or whoever, wrote those first set of books?     

The earliest accounts of the Bible apparently came from songs, poetry and other hand-me down stories that had been passed down verbally through multiple generations. We have those hand-me down stories all the time, even today, and what worries me is they can lose their original value or meaning even within a few generations of being passed down, lyrics and stories change slightly as they are passed along through generations. 
I wonder if the Itsy Bitsy Spider song is related to the great flood???  Is the spider resembling human kind going into the gutter (sinning) and then being washed away with water??  only to repeat the process after the sun comes back up??  Shocked  Shocked

The Bible seems to have been started around 1500BC. The creation stories date back to 4000BC (I will note here that the Bible technically doesn't say when the creation stories come from). It is worrisome to think that these stories were verbally passed down through at least 1500 years before being written into the first books of the Bible. Could we not be worshiping twisted versions of old tales that parents told their children, or their people, to keep them in line before the great flood?  And after the great flood, those stories then became real to the survivors who believed a naturally occurring event was caused by God?

I also fear our ancestors may have reached a point in mental/psychological evolution where they needed a God and an explanation of their existence and thus mentally created one through these stories. Maybe Moses picks up on these stories after the flood and starts writing about them?

I feel there IS some truth in the Bible, but it also appears to be a cluster-fuck of books that seem to sometimes contradict prior books and the values the books preach about.

Here are a few more questions for any overly religious folks out there Smiley

1) Why are their human fossils and other evidence being found that predate the creation week?  Including underwater volcanoes and other things that have erupted, supposedly before water or land ever existed.

2) Why would Jesus question Cain as to where his brother is when he speaks to Cain in the field?  Shouldn't Jesus know Abel is dead???   Also, why the hell would Cain get to walk away from a murder and be allowed to go build a city? 
---It sounds like some guy killed his Brother and then made a deal with Jesus to build a city and Jesus would allow him to live by telling people they would be punished seven times worse.

Also...... a note for any religious health folks out there:  Jesus accepted the fat from a sheep and rejected the fruit.  Wink

There are unfortunately plenty of murderers who have not been caught, and plenty of people around that have caused the death of many people. Look at some of the dictators in the world who live long luxurious lives while breaking almost every commandment. We seem to be taught that all things will be justified in death, and that those sinners won't make it to the promise land but that's a hard pill to swallow with some of the tragedies I have personally seen in my own life and in others. 

3) Why would a God create an Earth in the fashion that its laid out in the Bible, what is the motive??

I'm done ranting.

This was also interesting to look at, hopefully its all accurate!   Lips sealed

I am not overly religious but I am Christian and ill try to addresses these issues you put up the best I can.

1. If you read Genesis it is written a lot like a poem more than a history book and some Christian philosophers believe it was written as a peom not an actual account and you can tell this because the rest of genesis doesn't talk in such a manor. I myself believe in evolution and still believe in god.

2.  Jesus wasn't around yet it was god not the son of god. He didn't get to walk away he was cursed and couldn't be murdered by anyone so he became nomadic. God was testing him to see if he would tell him what he had done but he didn't so god punished him. also about the health folks part Historically being fat was good because in times of famine the extra fat would help you but nowadays that isn't the case also Cain offered the fruits in a disrespectful manner while abel gave his best sheep in a very gracious way. So it doesn't have anything to do with weight just about respect.

Yes it is true that many bad things happen and that many bad people get away with it sometimes people let other people get away with it such as U.S supporting a country with oil that has a dictator and as long as the dictator is giving oil he will stay in power. and this is a hard pill to swallow but eternity is a lot longer than you or I could imagine.

3. As I have said before it appears in more of a poem fashion than an actual account. also god created the world to benefit humanity but when humans broke gods word they were sent out of Eden.

AllTheBitz

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 09:27:54 PM

To summarize my upthread posts, I can't imagine a God who punishes to eternity in horrific (gnashing of teeth), burning (fire and brimstone) pain, for sins that the God admits we are born with and can't entirely avoid. Wouldn't a God that loves us want to rehabilitate us instead? I could understand banishing us temporarily in loneliness or something like that, but this eternal disembowelment crap is very Nazi-like. Sounds like the Bible was written by callously (no heart, no forgiveness) deviant minds.

Also God offers us this incredible fear, while for the carrot he only offers us a nebulous warm fuzzy navel of perfection that sounds very boring compared to the diverse life of risks and challenges we have in this imperfect Universe, and doesn't even define precisely (e.g. in the discussion of the church of Philadelphia) what we have to do to be assured of passing through the narrow gate and avoiding the horrific eternal outcome.

The Bible has turned the concept of a soul and an eternal existence into a psychological weapon couched in a nebulous warm fuzzy for those who aren't thinking clearly, because eternity is a long time. The eternal, non-forgiving punishment is for everyone else so let's sweep that aspect under the rug, except when we need to batter non-believers with it.

To top it off, it is entropically impossible for there to be a feedback loop between perfection and this life of incredible diversity, otherwise our diverse entropy here in this Universe can not exist.

The breaking point for me was recently someone I've known since 2007 telling me that Tribulations will begin Sept 23, 2015 and massive death and suffering globally by 2019, which corresponds to Armstrong's (non-religious) computer model of massive global implosion and global pandemic by 2019. I just can't fathom a God that will save 144,000 (or even 144 million) and send the rest of the humanity into eternal excruciating pain with open sores on their body. It sounds too similar to CNN's Ted Turner's Georgia Guidestones' inscription proclaiming to reduce the population to 500 million totalitarian eugenics. I was forced by that challenge to think clearly and make a decision. No more standing with one leg on each side of the fence.

The Bible's psychological profile will appeal to people who do not want to think clearly. Typically they have some psychological handicap which causes them to need this delusion. In my case, I think I was drawn to it because of love of and loyalty to those who subscribed to Christianity, the failure of my marriage, death of my relationship with my father, murder of my only full blooded sibling sister, the loss of vision in my right eye, and then being infected with incurable high strain HPV which lead to the decline in my health. I guess I wanted to believe there was still something to feel positive about in spite of all the failures in my life. But falling into that delusion actually made my behavior worse. Rather than dealing with my depression, I covered it up with a nebulous mayonnaise. It is very important to be proactive about depression and attack it by accomplishing happy and positive actions using clear thinking so we don't just haphazardly wander into self destruction.

Sister and I in 1971 and 1969:

(note the lack of smile in 1971 may be because my Dad had left my mom and the USA in 1970 when I was 5 years old)

The underlying psychological need that the Bible fulfills in the need for control. This is why religious groupthink is so dangerous. The believers have turned their minds over and are ready to be manipulated by the right cause, such as the lynchings in the Inquisition. I notice that Bible believers are typically very strongly invested in an order to things and very much against serendipity. Whereas, my grandfather who was the most unselfish man I ever met (the dude would take off his pants in the mall and give them to you if you asked him to), and probably the main reason I tried to accept the Bible because of my admiration of what a better man he was than I am (I love that man, he was my best friend ever), said that Jesus was the rock he stands on when all other things are sinking sand. The concept is so beautiful. After his death, when I got back to the Philippines, I put that "Jesus is my rock" pamphlet from his funeral up on the wall above my computer monitor. Note I did not subscribe to Christianity during his life, and we often discussed my theory that morality was orthogonal to the question of our existence. But a few hours before he died, I thanked him so much for the wonderful times and he asked me to make good my relationship with my father and he said I could never go wrong with Jesus. For the man you love to tell you that on his death bed, how can it not leave an indelible mark.

I think he never thought about the aspects of the Bible I mentioned above. He was pure love. His parents used to give groceries to poor families. He father was a Baptist minister.

There is a lot of truth to the Bible, such as every time I see a poor person begging I am reminded of the verse of the rich man who couldn't enter the narrow gate because he always ignored the beggar. I guess all of us hate that human nature can be so narrow minded and selfish, so we idealistically fall into the trap of an order that promises to punish such. But again no rehabilitation, makes it clear the Bible is totalitarian which is a deviant psychology.

Grandad at sister's college graduation:

All you have to do is repent and you will be saved so don't act like god wants you to burn in hell. he created us with opinions and brains so we could choose are own way and so if your going to not do something as simple as asking for forgiveness ( which you don't have to read the bible to be able to) then yeah you can burn in hell then.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: