Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:18:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The bubble has popped, slow decline to $3 on the way  (Read 11226 times)
Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

Activity: 571
Merit: 504

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 11:54:55 PM

I think what everyone is missing here is that Flash Gordon was the savior of the universe.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 12:05:25 AM

Friend of mine was military intelligence with top secrete clearance. While he did not divulge anything to me (rightly so) he did say the world was a lot more mundane than what people would like to believe...

The truth right there. There is no secret society or aliens controlling everything, it's just us brothers and sisters.

That's what they would like you to believe ... government / military technology is MUCH more advanced than civilian tech.

They have quantum computers by now already for like 10 years I would speculate.

Nice troll thread BTW.
Looks like the joint has someone else smoking his product that creates a "sci-fi is real TODAY" mindset. When Intel starts releasing quantum processors, that's when the government will have had quantum computers for a few years. Right now, no one is even close to real-world QC "chips".

Roll Eyes
Roll Eyes to you as well. As far as I'm concerned, you're both "conspiracy nuts". Do you speculate that the moon landings didn't really happen as well? I speculate that no one is anywhere near creating a large scale, practical quantum computer. At best, I'd say they're at the level of the pre-ENIAC computers. Another 10 years, maybe we'll have the quantum computing equivalent of ENIAC (e.g. you have to hand program it for each calculation, it will be massive in size, requiring cooling and power that are insane, and various portions of the device frequently fail and need to be replaced/fixed). In fifty years, when I'm a freaking old man, perhaps I'll be reminiscing about how "back when I was young, we had 256-bit encryption and thought it wouldn't get cracked in our lifetime!"

Call me a 'conspiracy nut' if you will.  But, I think the difference between me and a typical conspiracy nut is that although I believe in what you might call 'nutty' stuff, those things truly don't bother me, nor do they give me a negative perspective on the world, nor am I easily influenced by the opinions of others.  E.g. "OMG!  A YouTube video on aliens!  This means it must be true!"   I form my own assumptions, thanks.   I'd like to remind you that the only reason that you believe in quantum computing is because you've read or heard about it, not because you actually understand exactly how it works, and not because you've ever seen one.  Great evidence -- word of mouth.  "OMG a 128 qubit quantum computer!  That means it must be the most powerful quantum computer in existence!  They even said so!"  Give me a break.  You're guessing as much as I am.

As far as the moon goes, I believe we went there.  But, I do find it highly 'interesting' that we haven't been back there since.  

Here's something else that's 'nutty' that I believe in.  I believe in evolution, but I do not believe humans evolved from primates.  Humans appear to be a unique case that defies the logic of evolutionary theory.  Call me 'stupid' or 'retarded' or 'nutty.'  I truly don't give a shit.

So, by all means, call me a nut.  See if I care.  I think you're closed-minded and making more nutty assumptions than I am.  Do you care?  No?  I guess we're at an impasse then.  I just find it quite ironic that the stranger we find reality to be, the more likely most people are to assume that they know it all.
mysteriousawake

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 01:52:52 AM

Shut up before I take you all to noodle , do you wanna know the reality of this shit , were going to noodle.  Dumbfucks.  Enjoy your noodle, whatever the fuck she says.
Be ready for your dna change.  Three days , three nights complete darkness.

P{eive $ea Ke4

DONT FORGET TO DONATE IF I HELPED YOU
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2012, 02:12:28 AM

Shut up before I take you all to noodle , do you wanna know the reality of this shit , were going to noodle.  Dumbfucks.  Enjoy your noodle, whatever the fuck she says.
Be ready for your dna change.  Three days , three nights complete darkness.

P{eive $ea Ke4

you wana tickle my noodle  Wink

mysteriousawake

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 02:15:38 AM

No but I did want to help derail the thread further... because were all going to die , the proof is right on youtube.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2012, 02:17:38 AM

No but I did want to help derail the thread further... because were all going to die , the proof is right on youtube.

please post direct link to youtube's proof that were all going to die!

mysteriousawake

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 02:28:52 AM

Dude its viral , I looked at  it and died instantaneously now
im stuck in this fucking hell.  I cant let you see it.  everyone around me is retarded
and i cant stand it.  you dont want to come here. Its wierd.  Everyone is evil and lies.
The governments are corrupt .  Ron paul is now gay.  Lives in a mansion with all the
gold from the federal reserve.  He took it all and is paying for male strippers.  Dammit.

mysteriousawake

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 02:35:04 AM

Shit ive been awake since June 25, 2012, 12:21:18 AM.  waiting for $3. 

Thats proof im in hell.  Ok .

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2012, 03:42:54 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2012, 04:28:02 AM by adamstgBit

Shit ive been awake since June 25, 2012, 12:21:18 AM.  waiting for $3.  

Thats proof im in hell.  Ok .

3 days no sleep!

shit dude, I've been down this road, YOU MUST buy a lot of alcohol, drink it all up and crash for at least 8 hours

sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 04:33:49 AM

What the hell OP! Now people arn't even selling into my $5 short.

@our military brothers who believe we always roll out the best tech the military has to offer for every unit in the field. two words; Battery Technology

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2012, 04:38:47 AM

@our military brothers who believe we always roll out the best tech the military has to offer for every unit in the field. two words; Battery Technology

make it easy for us... Battery Technology Huh

What the hell OP! Now people arn't even selling into my $5 short.

I think ALOT of people will get in this situation on our way up to 8$
just buy back now

trogdorjw73

Activity: 482

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2012, 06:06:56 AM

As far as I'm concerned, you're both "conspiracy nuts". Do you speculate that the moon landings didn't really happen as well? I speculate that no one is anywhere near creating a large scale, practical quantum computer. At best, I'd say they're at the level of the pre-ENIAC computers. Another 10 years, maybe we'll have the quantum computing equivalent of ENIAC (e.g. you have to hand program it for each calculation, it will be massive in size, requiring cooling and power that are insane, and various portions of the device frequently fail and need to be replaced/fixed). In fifty years, when I'm a freaking old man, perhaps I'll be reminiscing about how "back when I was young, we had 256-bit encryption and thought it wouldn't get cracked in our lifetime!"

Call me a 'conspiracy nut' if you will.  But, I think the difference between me and a typical conspiracy nut is that although I believe in what you might call 'nutty' stuff, those things truly don't bother me, nor do they give me a negative perspective on the world, nor am I easily influenced by the opinions of others.  E.g. "OMG!  A YouTube video on aliens!  This means it must be true!"   I form my own assumptions, thanks.   I'd like to remind you that the only reason that you believe in quantum computing is because you've read or heard about it, not because you actually understand exactly how it works, and not because you've ever seen one.  Great evidence -- word of mouth.  "OMG a 128 qubit quantum computer!  That means it must be the most powerful quantum computer in existence!  They even said so!"  Give me a break.  You're guessing as much as I am.

As far as the moon goes, I believe we went there.  But, I do find it highly 'interesting' that we haven't been back there since.  

Here's something else that's 'nutty' that I believe in.  I believe in evolution, but I do not believe humans evolved from primates.  Humans appear to be a unique case that defies the logic of evolutionary theory.  Call me 'stupid' or 'retarded' or 'nutty.'  I truly don't give a shit.

So, by all means, call me a nut.  See if I care.  I think you're closed-minded and making more nutty assumptions than I am.  Do you care?  No?  I guess we're at an impasse then.  I just find it quite ironic that the stranger we find reality to be, the more likely most people are to assume that they know it all.
Let me put it this way, what's more likely:

The USA government has quantum computers and are breaking any mainstream encryption whenever they feel like it. Meanwhile, no other country has come close (because we rock here in the US and are WAY better at this stuff -- never mind that DES was based off a dumbed-down Lucifer cipher that was mostly created in South Africa by IBM employees, IIRC). And the only people who have done anything with quantum computing and published something about it are doing stuff like factoring 15 into 3 * 5. So the US gov't is basically several orders of magnitude ahead of anyone else. Also, quantum computing would require some seriously advanced manufacturing and other technology, and most of the manufacturing is no longer even done in the US (e.g. cars, motors, injection molded plastic, motherboards, etc. are nearly all done somewhere else where it's cheaper, to the point where the US basically has no real ability to do the necessary work on their own). There are a ton of other things that would also have to be in place for a real QC to exist, but let's just stop for now.

OR: no one is anywhere near having created a fully functional quantum computer that can be used for actual work like cracking 256-bit, 128-bit, 2048-bit, etc. encryption. Everything being done right now is at a very theoretical level, with a few attempts at practical applications that haven't really been too useful so far.

I do not say that it's absolutely impossible for a super secret quantum computer to exist somewhere that is so classified that the only people that know about it have said nothing (and of course none of the espionage groups from other countries know about it). However, I do think that such a scenario is HIGHLY unlikely. You would have thousands (or more) people working on the creation of this secret quantum computer, or at least the various parts of it, and either everything is so compartmentalized that only a very select few know about the real purpose of the design, or everyone is being very good about not talking. The Manhattan Project was the biggest "secrete success" of the US in many ways, and yet the Soviets and most other advanced nations basically had everything they needed to know within a few years. Quantum computing has the potential to be bigger than the Manhattan Project.

It's just like the moon landings. For those to have been faked is technically possible, but the number of people involved that would have to have kept their mouths shut is ludicrous. Of course, I've also got a brother who works in the aerospace industry who told me that everything he knows/does in that area suggests that the moon landings were indeed real. Oh, and there are reflectors set up on the moon that scientists aim lasers at to test distance and some other stuff. So why haven't we gone back? Because it turns out the moon is a pretty darn boring place. The dirt on the surface is largely worthless, and the cost to get to the moon is prohibitive. I think we'll eventually go to the moon again, but not for a while yet. A manned voyage to Mars would be much more interesting, IMO.

Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

Activity: 571
Merit: 504

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 06:26:42 AM

make it easy for us... Battery Technology?

This is just a shot in the dark, but I think he's inferring the fact that the only thing stopping us from deploying functional power-armored infantry is the lack of a suitable power source.

I've seen the tech demo'd on TED talks. Really impressive stuff...

But then, he may be referring to something completely different...

edit: lasers?... pew pew
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 08:36:34 AM

As far as I'm concerned, you're both "conspiracy nuts". Do you speculate that the moon landings didn't really happen as well? I speculate that no one is anywhere near creating a large scale, practical quantum computer. At best, I'd say they're at the level of the pre-ENIAC computers. Another 10 years, maybe we'll have the quantum computing equivalent of ENIAC (e.g. you have to hand program it for each calculation, it will be massive in size, requiring cooling and power that are insane, and various portions of the device frequently fail and need to be replaced/fixed). In fifty years, when I'm a freaking old man, perhaps I'll be reminiscing about how "back when I was young, we had 256-bit encryption and thought it wouldn't get cracked in our lifetime!"

Let me put it this way, what's more likely:

The USA government has quantum computers and are breaking any mainstream encryption whenever they feel like it. Meanwhile, no other country has come close (because we rock here in the US and are WAY better at this stuff -- never mind that DES was based off a dumbed-down Lucifer cipher that was mostly created in South Africa by IBM employees, IIRC). And the only people who have done anything with quantum computing and published something about it are doing stuff like factoring 15 into 3 * 5. So the US gov't is basically several orders of magnitude ahead of anyone else. Also, quantum computing would require some seriously advanced manufacturing and other technology, and most of the manufacturing is no longer even done in the US (e.g. cars, motors, injection molded plastic, motherboards, etc. are nearly all done somewhere else where it's cheaper, to the point where the US basically has no real ability to do the necessary work on their own). There are a ton of other things that would also have to be in place for a real QC to exist, but let's just stop for now.

OR: no one is anywhere near having created a fully functional quantum computer that can be used for actual work like cracking 256-bit, 128-bit, 2048-bit, etc. encryption. Everything being done right now is at a very theoretical level, with a few attempts at practical applications that haven't really been too useful so far.

I do not say that it's absolutely impossible for a super secret quantum computer to exist somewhere that is so classified that the only people that know about it have said nothing (and of course none of the espionage groups from other countries know about it). However, I do think that such a scenario is HIGHLY unlikely. You would have thousands (or more) people working on the creation of this secret quantum computer, or at least the various parts of it, and either everything is so compartmentalized that only a very select few know about the real purpose of the design, or everyone is being very good about not talking. The Manhattan Project was the biggest "secrete success" of the US in many ways, and yet the Soviets and most other advanced nations basically had everything they needed to know within a few years. Quantum computing has the potential to be bigger than the Manhattan Project.

It's just like the moon landings. For those to have been faked is technically possible, but the number of people involved that would have to have kept their mouths shut is ludicrous. Of course, I've also got a brother who works in the aerospace industry who told me that everything he knows/does in that area suggests that the moon landings were indeed real. Oh, and there are reflectors set up on the moon that scientists aim lasers at to test distance and some other stuff. So why haven't we gone back? Because it turns out the moon is a pretty darn boring place. The dirt on the surface is largely worthless, and the cost to get to the moon is prohibitive. I think we'll eventually go to the moon again, but not for a while yet. A manned voyage to Mars would be much more interesting, IMO.

Nice false dichotomy.

Also, with regards to the moon and it being a "pretty darn boring place," let me ask you this.  Have you actually seen pictures of the moon?  Like, you know, in color?  With all the blues, greens, browns, and earthy tones?  The moon is simply not a boring, flat, pale-gray sphere.  There's a little phenomenon called 'whitewashing' that happens when the sun shines on the moon.  Photographers and astronomers have known about this for a long time.  The moon is immensely colorful with chasms and mountains many miles deep/high.  And shit, if the cost to get to the friggin' moon is prohibitive, then what do you call the cost to get to Mars?
waspoza

Activity: 602

Firstbits: 1waspoza

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 09:24:25 AM

please post direct link to youtube's proof that were all going to die!

No need any links, just look at the history. Everyone who lived before us - died. So im pretty sure we all gonna die also. Tongue
bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2012, 10:03:08 AM

we are immortal beings having an experience in a body and our souls survive the death of our body.

bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 10:07:29 AM

we are immortal beings having an experience in a body and our souls survive the death of our body.

CONFIRMED REPTILIAN
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: