Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:40:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Spondoolies Spam  (Read 8116 times)
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 05:14:57 PM

An obvious compromise between having numerous review posts and having manufacture sub-forums is to create a mining review sub-forum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 05:19:20 PM

An obvious compromise between having numerous review posts and having manufacture sub-forums is to create a mining review sub-forum.

that's a good idea, however I still prefer the idea of manufacturers child boards, simply because it'd be more user-friendly in navigation.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 07:24:17 PM

I agree, a manufacturer subforum would be too much hassle but this is a good idea

hi
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 07:47:09 PM

If sig campaigns are allowed, I don't see what's so particularly heinous about this. Targetting sig campaigns would also provide a better ROI, it's by far the worst type of corporate spam here.

I do see how it may become a problem if it becomes common. Though one would think that since a significant majority of their customers come from here they would ultimately want to do what's best for the forum, and not just short term profits, but that's greed for ya. I guess we'll find out.

I couldn't agree more. I appreciate the fact that it allows n00bs like me a way of (possibly) earning some starter bitcoins, but sig campaigns are unbecoming to the forum. I would personally sign a petition to have them removed. I was fine with faucets Tongue

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 10:32:57 PM

If sig campaigns are allowed, I don't see what's so particularly heinous about this. Targetting sig campaigns would also provide a better ROI, it's by far the worst type of corporate spam here.

I do see how it may become a problem if it becomes common. Though one would think that since a significant majority of their customers come from here they would ultimately want to do what's best for the forum, and not just short term profits, but that's greed for ya. I guess we'll find out.

The greater problem is that there isn't a concrete admin policy on the issue. One company was allowed and it appears that the policy is that anyone can do it. But if another company does exactly the same thing but on a larger scale, can we guarantee there would be no admin intervention?

raskul

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 10:40:26 PM

The greater problem is that there isn't a concrete admin policy on the issue. One company was allowed and it appears that the policy is that anyone can do it. But if another company does exactly the same thing but on a larger scale, can we guarantee there would be no admin intervention?

The above Post has been sponsored by Bitmain-Tech.

yes dogie, cheers for that.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 12:51:57 AM

The above Post has been sponsored by Bitmain-Tech.

yes dogie, cheers for that.

Again, says the christmas tree -_- My relationship with bitmain does not extend outside their threads. Can we get back OT though please?

mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 02:42:49 AM

i count 11 threads with bitmain in the title! did any1 complained?

i count 4 threads starting with [Guide] Dogie's  by some guy that thinks is the l'ombelico del mondo

yes! you are the spam!
AJRGale

Activity: 767

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:10:23 AM

there is one simple way of fixing these "omg spamz" problem, each major company has their own sub forum inside the "Hardware" section, and an extra for the "New Companies" and its upto the main company to monitor their subs.

... oh i can see whats going to happen if that ever came in. "i don't like your words, *delete*"

but if people going to have hate over Ckolivas de-cluttering the forums by collating all the reviews, they have a problem, i was surprised it never happened.

Hell, even if the thread owners locked the original post and moved onto the other 2, that would help out the "spamz in ma face" issue
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 03:58:15 AM

There is no where near 11, and if people are asking questions outside of the appropriate areas then report those posts. I would be more than happy to merge anything bitmain into one of the two bitmain threads per product but I'm not an admin so you have to have patience.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 03:59:03 AM

Issue has been resolved, CK has set an appropriate precedent:

There are quite a number of these reviews now cluttering up the hardware area and while it was nice publicity for spondoolies, I will be locking each thread after they have been up for a couple of days and I suggest further discussion regarding the reviews should go here. @spondoolies-tech, you may wish to create links to all the original review threads in your top post.

I understand but these should really have all been collated here as it ends up being advertising for spondoolies on the forum that costs spondoolies but did not actually pay the forum. Unfortunately there is no merge function in this forum software which would be the ideal solution. Out of respect for the legendaries I've forgone the locking for now, but can I urge the reviewers themselves to lock their threads and refer back to this one once they have completed whatever they have to say instead then?

tldr no one is allowed to flood spam

mavericklm

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:13:52 PM

There is no where near 11, and if people are asking questions outside of the appropriate areas then report those posts. I would be more than happy to merge anything bitmain into one of the two bitmain threads per product but I'm not an admin so you have to have patience.

are u blind or just acting like a fool?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?

14threads related to bitmain miners atm! and it goes like this:  5 threads started by bitmain and 4 by you!
the rest are from customers with bitmain miner related problems!
btw: any thread with SPTech customers crying like bitmain customers?

Did any1 complain that bitmain has a thread for each of its own miner?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?
and SPTech only 1 for all.....
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2014, 07:06:25 AM

I think that we got some very interesting threads.
The uninteresting slowly sunk.
I wish MrTeal will unlock his thread.

I think that it turns out very nicely, and it's clearly not "spam".

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
raskul

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 08:01:05 AM

well, in reality, this thread was started by one of your biggest haters.
It just goes to show how truly 'impartial' that dogie (et al) is, when joining in with this type of hate-campaign.
dogie and his 'manufacturers trustworthyness guide' what a crock of shit.

dogie, lock all your threads, by the standards you have set out in this thread, they are all spam.

Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2014, 10:20:40 AM

well, in reality, this thread was started by one of your biggest haters.
It just goes to show how truly 'impartial' that dogie (et al) is, when joining in with this type of hate-campaign.
dogie and his 'manufacturers trustworthyness guide' what a crock of shit.

dogie, lock all your threads, by the standards you have set out in this thread, they are all spam.
I wanted to add that it seems that now innocent posts I am making are being reported and deleted.
It's ludicrous but it won't deter me.

Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12927

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 08:13:00 PM

The moderation guidelines say:
Topic creation should not be annoying. There should not be too many topics about the same thing in a short time period, and individuals should not post too many topics. "Too many" depends on the quality of the topics.

If an entire page is taken up by Spondoolies reviews, then that's probably too many topics. How this should be handled is more tricky, since I don't want to suppress anyone's honest opinion. We'll see if ckolivas' locking solution is helpful.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
mavericklm

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 09:16:16 PM

If an entire page is taken up by Spondoolies reviews, then that's probably too many topics

there was no page full of sp20 review threads as there is always few threads by bitmain or dogie on main page!
also bfl and knc fucked up bussines

did anyone make any fuss about the fact that dogie has 20 or more threads of ''guides''?
or about the fact that bitmain has a thread for each of it's miners? spondoolies has only 1 main thread and that is it!
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2014, 09:37:33 PM

The moderation guidelines say:
Topic creation should not be annoying. There should not be too many topics about the same thing in a short time period, and individuals should not post too many topics. "Too many" depends on the quality of the topics.

If an entire page is taken up by Spondoolies reviews, then that's probably too many topics. How this should be handled is more tricky, since I don't want to suppress anyone's honest opinion. We'll see if ckolivas' locking solution is helpful.
I believe those reviews turns out very nicely and a lot of them contains very interesting information and new tweaking.
Yes, few users include some well known haters (not Dogie!) complained and created this thread.
Dogie also complained and kept this thread alive. Some users enjoyed "playing" with him by artificially bumping the threads up.
I don't think locking by moderator is the right solution. Each Legendary may choose to lock his/her own thread.

In the last days, three of my posts were deleted by moderator, probably due to someone complaining.
I urge the moderators to be more careful with censorahip and posts deleting.

Compare to our main competition, we usually have much less threads under hardware main page.

raskul

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 09:53:44 PM

People!

Give a burgeoning business a chance.

I've been in the media industry for 17 years and i feel a serious dejavu about all of this.

Final conclusion: censorship is bad.

Stop deleting posts.

I even had a post 'sorry for your loss'

Deleted.

Sick censorship is what's going on here.
Theymos, recognise that your moderators have an agenda and be more liberal in making sure your users are allowed to express an opinion.

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 10:03:04 PM

I don't mind unlocking my thread, I primarily did it as a courtesy to Con and the forum. Discussion of the reviews hasn't transferred over to the main thread as I'd hoped though.

I'm pretty mixed on the whole thing. I don't think there needs to be 13 review threads in addition to all the others, and I am a little worried that it does set a bad precedent. On the other hand, while a lot of reviews were pretty similar, there were a good number that put a lot of effort into their and gave some good data; often more in depth in terms of things like efficiency curves than is available elsewhere. As a whole they did add value to the forum and are not just pointless spam like a lot of the sig campaign garbage.
If there was an elegant way to merge them I'd support that, but I can't think of a way to do it without it becoming a nightmare to read and follow.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: