Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:11:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OVERVIEW: BITCOIN HARDWARE WALLETS █████████████████ Secure your Coins  (Read 122191 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
StarenseN
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:28:13 AM

Great thread
lama-hunter

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 01:13:31 AM

I really like the CryptoLabs "Case" is very cool. The look is modern and its very small.
But iam still waiting for a smaller Price Wink

Anybody knows a lower Price ? Would be great to know Smiley

regards
lama-hunter
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 01:47:33 AM

I really like the CryptoLabs "Case" is very cool. The look is modern and its very small.
But iam still waiting for a smaller Price Wink

Anybody knows a lower Price ? Would be great to know Smiley

regards
lama-hunter

Should know soon. The first batch of 1000 Case wallets sold out so they may not reduce the price. I was told Batch 2 would go on sale in January.

globe-biz

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 11:55:23 PM

Electrum 2.5.4 works fine with Trezor. You have to initialize your Trezor using myTrezor.com first. After that if you want to use Electrum download 2.5.4 portable and save it in a folder on your desktop. I like the portable version for privacy because it does not write to %AppData%.

Connect your Trezor by USB then navigate to the folder you saved Electrum in and click on the application. Then choose create a new wallet and hardware wallet then click next. You will be give the option of Ledger, KeepKey or Trezor. Choose Trezor and click next and you should be good to go. Any hidden wallets you set up at myTrezor.com will also show in Electrum. I think people are trying to recreate wallets rather than creating new ones.

Those instructions looks nice and detailed. But what about someone who is using Linux?
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 02:04:46 AM

Electrum 2.5.4 works fine with Trezor. You have to initialize your Trezor using myTrezor.com first. After that if you want to use Electrum download 2.5.4 portable and save it in a folder on your desktop. I like the portable version for privacy because it does not write to %AppData%.

Connect your Trezor by USB then navigate to the folder you saved Electrum in and click on the application. Then choose create a new wallet and hardware wallet then click next. You will be give the option of Ledger, KeepKey or Trezor. Choose Trezor and click next and you should be good to go. Any hidden wallets you set up at myTrezor.com will also show in Electrum. I think people are trying to recreate wallets rather than creating new ones.

Those instructions looks nice and detailed. But what about someone who is using Linux?

Follow the instructions for Linux at https://electrum.org/#download if you run into a problem ThomasV would want to know, just ask in the Electum board here at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=98.0

DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 02:40:48 AM

Great thread! I might consider buying one, could be useful and a cool gadget.
A lot of them too choose from though.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
globe-biz

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 10:15:44 PM

Follow the instructions for Linux at https://electrum.org/#download if you run into a problem ThomasV would want to know, just ask in the Electum board here at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=98.0

The instructions you sent are for installing electrum on linux. I already have electrum installed this is why I am trying to find why electrum and trezor will not talk or work together. I tried to reinstal the electrum wallet with a install harware wallet option and it only gives an option for installing a ledger wallet not the trezor. I am missing something or Sad.
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 05:06:48 PM

Great thread! I might consider buying one, could be useful and a cool gadget.
A lot of them too choose from though.

You are welcome  Wink

l8nit3
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 05:22:35 PM

Great list! I love the 'hardbit' wallet. But I have a question, are theses really any different then a raspi with lcd and battery backup? eg the bitcoin mini, and bitnodes ones?
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 06:04:54 PM

The instructions you sent are for installing electrum on linux. I already have electrum installed this is why I am trying to find why electrum and trezor will not talk or work together. I tried to reinstal the electrum wallet with a install harware wallet option and it only gives an option for installing a ledger wallet not the trezor. I am missing something or Sad.

There is definitely a problem with Electrum 2.5.4 on Linux. Trezor does not show up on the list of supported hardware wallets. There was a workaround published on reddit at https://www.reddit.com/r/TREZOR/comments/2jp9uk/tutorial_install_electrum_20_beta_with_trezor/ tried it and failed. I think it is incumbent on ThomasV to make sure the latest 2.5.4 Electrum works with Trezor on Linux. If dependencies have to be added from the console he should provide instructions. I have no more time to experiment with it myself sorry.

AussieHash

Activity: 692
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:17:27 PM

There's a shell script for unix to install electrum with Trezor support
https://github.com/aussiehash/Bitcoin-for-SBC/blob/master/start.sh#L31
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 01:17:56 PM

added BitLox.

BitLox

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 01:48:28 PM

added BitLox.

Thanks!

I'm the developer of the BitLox, so if anybody has questions, shoot away!
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 08:40:31 PM

added BitLox.

Thanks!

The BitLox look like interesting products.  But, there is a lot of competition, and the prices are high.

Maybe a VIDEO on how the device works would be nice at your website, also a FAQ.

Other than the titanium (vs. aluminum), is there any difference between the "Advanced" and the "Ultimate"?

I look forward to any reviews...
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 09:44:32 PM

added BitLox.

Thanks!

The BitLox look like interesting products.  But, there is a lot of competition, and the prices are high.

Maybe a VIDEO on how the device works would be nice at your website, also a FAQ.

Other than the titanium (vs. aluminum), is there any difference between the "Advanced" and the "Ultimate"?

I saw a video of it working underwater.  Interesting... but haven't seen it actually sending btc yrt

To peel or not to peel.
wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 09:55:59 PM

You should include the 21 Bitcoin Computer in your full node section as you can configure it without further intervention.

https://21.co/learn/faq/#can-i-run-the-21-bitcoin-computer-as-a-full-node

crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 02:19:32 AM

I would love to buy a hardware wallet but the main thing that seems to be so stupid is the prices being way over priced for the type of hardware being used costs next to nothing. No doubt paying for the software and platform and stature and security it has on it. Anyone know of any that just provide the software to put onto own pen drive and making own security for it?

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
japerry

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 07:46:41 AM

I would love to buy a hardware wallet but the main thing that seems to be so stupid is the prices being way over priced for the type of hardware being used costs next to nothing. No doubt paying for the software and platform and stature and security it has on it. Anyone know of any that just provide the software to put onto own pen drive and making own security for it?

Expensive? The Ledger HW.1 is only approx. $15 USD. And there are several sites that give them away periodically as a promotion.

LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 09:37:14 AM

You should include the 21 Bitcoin Computer in your full node section as you can configure it without further intervention.

https://21.co/learn/faq/#can-i-run-the-21-bitcoin-computer-as-a-full-node

added. thx.

BitLox

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 09:13:21 AM

added BitLox.

Thanks!

I saw a video of it working underwater.  Interesting... but haven't seen it actually sending btc yrt

Tonight I'll post up a video of the full functionality, running through using it with the mobile apps & the "desktop" apps.
The main difference between Advanced and Ultimate is indeed the case materials. The Titanium one is machined from a solid block of titanium, it's a real beast to make.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: