Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:39:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OVERVIEW: BITCOIN HARDWARE WALLETS █████████████████ Secure your Coins  (Read 122191 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 08:51:27 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1298917.0

LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2015, 10:57:56 AM

Hardware Wallet Sales Strongly Correlated with Bitcoin Price

japerry

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2015, 10:44:00 AM

Nice! Where did you obtain the graph?

calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 05:57:52 PM

everyone of them look class, to be honest i o like the trazor, but would be worried if it broke down....  Grin
praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 06:17:55 PM

I heard the trezor is the most popular one, in terms of security and using it.
Does anyone know when they will have a new promotion again. I want to try it.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 06:30:35 PM

Hardware Wallet Sales Strongly Correlated with Bitcoin Price

By eyeballing your graph (making estimates of the numbers), litecoinguy, I calculated (on MS Excel) a correlation coefficient of about 0.84, which is indeed a very strong correlation.

You rarely see correlation coefficients of over 0.65 or so (depending...) in the social sciences, often a C.C. of 0.30 is often considered "significant".  0.84 is indeed VERY significant.

More data over a longer period of time would be EXCELLENT to see, I hope that you re-visit Ledger's sales by month, perhaps in the past as well.

Very interesting!  Thanks!
Bitcoin Explorer

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 04:39:21 AM

Nice! Where did you obtain the graph?

It was posted on reddit by ledger's CEO

Bridgewater

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 05:38:35 AM

I really like the Bitlox hardware design, but am a bit put-off by the current website.

The website says they cater to the needs of security conscious users, and they even have a .onion address for tor users... but unfortunately require javascript to access any of their websites, which completley defeats the purpose.
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 08:32:33 AM

Very informative, thank you.  This is in my opinion a gray area for me in Bitcoin.  I am working at grasping this concept.

I love Bitcoin
Indianacoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 09:45:29 PM

I'm confused between Trezor, Ledgerwallet HW1 and Goochain Citadelle. Which one is the most secure and cannot be hacked at all? Which one uses more than one authentication at a time for a single transaction?

I have seen some links in OP are not working and some are already sold out or abandoned. For eg; CryptoLabs "Case", https://mycelium.com/bitcoincard and Ledger wallet. It needs to get updated.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 11:26:50 PM

I'm confused between Trezor, Ledgerwallet HW1 and Goochain Citadelle. Which one is the most secure and cannot be hacked at all? Which one uses more than one authentication at a time for a single transaction?

I have seen some links in OP are not working and some are already sold out or abandoned. For eg; CryptoLabs "Case", https://mycelium.com/bitcoincard and Ledger wallet. It needs to get updated.

I believe Trezor is the most secure option of the hardware wallets. The screen is a big plus. Trezor does show your sending address on the screen and asks you twice to confirm the transaction before it sends. In terms of authentication you will have to enter your PIN and also passphrase if you passphrase protected the account.

I am also a fan of the Case Wallet and use mine about as often as the Trezor. The website shows sold out but customer service told me they are planning another production run this month. My favorite product from Ledger is the Unplugged contactless NFC card.

LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2016, 10:04:01 PM

Ledger Nano Hardware Wallet Review and Unboxing

http://themerkle.com/reviews/ledger-nano-hardware-wallet-unboxing-and-review/

Indianacoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 12:49:33 AM

I believe Trezor is the most secure option of the hardware wallets. The screen is a big plus. Trezor does show your sending address on the screen and asks you twice to confirm the transaction before it sends. In terms of authentication you will have to enter your PIN and also passphrase if you passphrase protected the account.

I know that. But at the same time Ledger Wallet is also having high security measures of 2FA since you cannot send money until you either confirm a transaction via smartphone or input the custom authentication codes from the separate offline card given in the package.

So which one is best among the two now?
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2016, 01:07:37 AM

I know that. But at the same time Ledger Wallet is also having high security measures of 2FA since you cannot send money until you either confirm a transaction via smartphone or input the custom authentication codes from the separate offline card given in the package.

So which one is best among the two now?

I would consider confirmation via smartphone the more secure option if you are using Ledger.

Bitcoin Explorer

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 02:44:04 AM

I am also a fan of the Case Wallet and use mine about as often as the Trezor. The website shows sold out but customer service told me they are planning another production run this month. My favorite product from Ledger is the Unplugged contactless NFC card.

Of you setup a ledger on a secure OS(there is a provision for an iso file), I reckon the ledger would perform just as good as the trezor.

Bridgewater

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 03:40:55 AM

As far as I know, both the Trezor and the Ledger have the same disadvantage of storing the seed (Ledger) or mnemonics (Trezor) UNENCRYPTED on the device.

This means that if someone gets physical possession of the device, they might be able to use tricks such as partially dissolving the security chip in acid and extracting the plaintext seed/mnemonic.

However, this is where I think the Trezor is actually more secure than the Ledger.  The option to require a passphrase in combination with the mnemonics means that even if someone in is able to physically get the mnemonics off the Trezor, they still need the passphrase to reconstitute the seed.
btchip

Activity: 623

CTO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2016, 08:52:24 AM

As far as I know, both the Trezor and the Ledger have the same disadvantage of storing the seed (Ledger) or mnemonics (Trezor) UNENCRYPTED on the device.

This means that if someone gets physical possession of the device, they might be able to use tricks such as partially dissolving the security chip in acid and extracting the plaintext seed/mnemonic.

However, this is where I think the Trezor is actually more secure than the Ledger.  The option to require a passphrase in combination with the mnemonics means that even if someone in is able to physically get the mnemonics off the Trezor, they still need the passphrase to reconstitute the seed.

We (Ledger) actually use smartcards for two reasons : cost at scale, and because they're specifically designed to withstand physical attacks - if you store secrets on a generic purpose microcontroller and are worried about physical attacks, you shall use a good passphrase in my opinon. It's not an option. Physical attacks against generic purpose microcontrollers are not widespread yet, but the more people use them to store secrets the more common it will be, and we'll be looking at physical kits to dump their memory in a couple of seconds / minutes, similar to old console modchips.

kkurtmann

Activity: 475

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 07:09:18 PM

Looks like Coolwallet is finally for sale $119 http://shop.coolbitx.com

https://www.buytrezor.com?a=55c37b866c11   well sir, I like it!
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 07:32:18 PM

Looks like Coolwallet is finally for sale $119 http://shop.coolbitx.com

I would read the review at http://cointelegraph.com/news/115837/coolwallet-the-bitcoin-wallet-that-fits-right-into-your-wallet before buying one.

traderbit

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 07:39:10 PM

Can please somebody fix the link for 10. HW1 Wallet
It seems that the link is broken and it is redirecting me to another website.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: