Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:22:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Unity" 10.75" Physical Bitcoin (Proof of ownership)  (Read 3073 times)
WoodCollector (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 07:42:12 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2015, 03:21:19 PM by WoodCollector

"Unity"
Commissioned by and sold to: ukcrypto

Material: Grade AAAA Purpleheart
Price: 2.5BTC
Commissioned By: ukcrypto
Coin: 2 of 10 to be made for the 2015 year

Inspired by Andreas Antonopoulos speech (and book ) about bitcoin and its relation to the leaf cutter ant.

I will let UKcrypto explain more on his vision for the coin which will explain more the inspiration behind the design i created.

This coin is not for sale, This thread is only to show that it was commissioned and purchased by UKcrypto and that he is the original owner.

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 04:03:23 AM

Actually, this is my design and my lawyers will be in touch with a DMCA take-down request.

(Just kidding, very, very nice work. I wish this was for sale, it's awesome!)

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
ukcrypto

Activity: 149

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 05:02:35 AM

Wow, Woodcutter this is amazing. You have far exceeded my expectations, thank you so much. You truly are a talented guy!

The inspiration came from this article here:

Idea by Antonopoulos.

The leafcutter ant is a species that exhibits highly complex behavior in a colony super-organism, but each individual ant operates on a set of simple rules driven by social interaction and the exchange of chemical scents (pheromones). Per Wikipedia: "Next to humans, leafcutter ants form the largest and most complex animal societies on Earth." Leafcutter ants don’t actually eat leaves, but rather use them to farm a fungus, which is the central food source for the colony. Get that? These ants are farming!

Although ants form a caste-based society and have a queen for producing offspring, there is no central authority or leader in an ant colony. The highly intelligent and sophisticated behavior exhibited by a multimillion-member colony is an emergent property from the interaction of the individuals in a social network.

Nature demonstrates that decentralized systems can be resilient and can produce emergent complexity and incredible sophistication without the need for a central authority, hierarchy, or complex parts.

Bitcoin is a highly sophisticated decentralized trust network that can support a myriad of financial processes. Yet, each node in the bitcoin network follows a few simple mathematical rules. The interaction between many nodes is what leads to the emergence of the sophisticated behavior, not any inherent complexity or trust in any single node. Like an ant colony, the bitcoin network is a resilient network of simple nodes following simple rules that together can do amazing things without any central coordination.
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 05:15:56 AM

What does the other side look like?

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
WoodCollector (OP)

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 05:17:19 AM

What does the other side look like?

It will be engraved with a bitcoin address, QR code, and a recess where the private key will be stored.

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.
elephantas1

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 05:37:57 PM

looks cool though that 1000000 number on front is a little bit weird
ukcrypto

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 02:13:45 PM

I recieved this beautiful piece recently - it was a pleasure to work with woodcollector, he is a gentleman.

The coin is stunning and i am very pleased with the end result - so much so that i commissioned another piece.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 02:30:18 PM

are you sculpt it by yourself ?

I wish I have it one Roll Eyes

Nice detail and very talented !

One word from me

Smiley
mrbrt

Activity: 707
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:24:22 AM

Hmm.. looks familiar:   
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=820645.0

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:45:21 AM

mrbrt is this a design you made?

I have to say WC's piece looks fairly similar.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

mrbrt

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:50:10 AM

It is - released in October 2014.
ukcrypto

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:20:41 AM

It is - released in October 2014.

Looks familiar to these designs on ShutterStock - perhaps mrbrt stole the idea from here before making his coins?

mrbrt

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:50:11 AM

A distributed network is generic enough that it would be hard to establish one way or another. Just noting, especially given the recent evidence that has come to light, that it has similarities to my coin produced months prior.
ukcrypto

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 07:06:12 AM

A distributed network is generic enough that it would be hard to establish one way or another. Just noting, especially given the recent evidence that has come to light, that it has similarities to my coin produced months prior.

yes and your coin has distinct similarities to the shutterstock image that has been on their site since before October, in fact it looks more like a copy paste that Woodcollectors design Grin
mrbrt

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 07:32:28 AM

yes and your coin has distinct similarities to the shutterstock image that has been on their site since before October, in fact it looks more like a copy paste that Woodcollectors design Grin

Meh - can't find a date on those images but I had my design complete in April 2014, and the coins minted in May 2014. Regardless, I don't care too much that you supposedly "commissioned" a laser-etched piece of wood based on my design (or maybe based on those shutterstock images since you seem to know a lot about their genesis). Enjoy it - definitely worth 2.5BTC Smiley
ukcrypto

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 07:47:31 AM

Meh - can't find a date on those images but I had my design complete in April 2014, and the coins minted in May 2014. Regardless, I don't care too much that you supposedly "commissioned" a laser-etched piece of wood based on my design (or maybe based on those shutterstock images since you seem to know a lot about their genesis). Enjoy it - definitely worth 2.5BTC Smiley

Yes but who is to say your coins are an original design and that you didn't just copy stock images. Proof or you are a fraud.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: