Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:47:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Altcoiners Anonymous, are you addicted? Want a way forward? ORA can help!  (Read 10290 times)
Kora (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 07:33:37 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2014, 08:15:19 AM by Kora

Are you addicted to alt coins?

Are most/many of your alt coin bags effectively worthless?

Do you want to get clean, break the cycle of wasted time, effort & money ... get back your original passion for decentralisation, the reason you got interested in crypto currencies in the first place?

ORA can help!

Hi, I'm Kora, and I'm an altcoin-aholic!

My alt coin addiction crept up on me gradually, as most addictions do. Litecoin, NameCoin & DevCoin - they all seemed to make sense, and having a 'taste' of what it felt like to be an early bitcoiner seemed like a good idea at the time, and probably was with those coins.

Experimentation is part of the human experience, and I was a smart guy, right? I wasn't about to start flushing my hard earned $$$ down the toilet ... right?

Then came PeerCoin and PrimeCoin. Again, good solid dev, and hell, PrimeCoin actually had a purpose for all those hashes! I was loving alt coins back then, and I was gonna make some money! I always did my due diligence ... right?

By the time Feathercoin was released in April 2013 I was fully addicted, but like most addicts, I didn't know it at the time. Like many other seemingly 'sane' crypto'farians, the alt coin scene in late 2013 seemed to be a world of innovation, possibilities, and potential reward, and I thought like many others 'I'm a smart guy, I'll be able to spot the wheat from the chaff, I'm gonna make some money from this crypto hobby of mine'.

Well, what happened in 2014? Where did 'reason' and rationality go? Why did so many altcoin-aholics like me get scammed so much?

While I DO still believe there are a few quality alt coins around that are genuinely innovative & serve a real purpose, and have real communities and developers supporting them, its time to admit that I'm an alt coin junky, and I've wasted a lot of time on some pretty crappy coins. I've spent far too many hours combing the alt coin sub-forum here on BTT looking for the next NXT, and it's time to admit ... I have a problem .... I've hit rock bottom ... I want out .... and I don't think I'm alone!

Are you addicted to alt coins? Are you wasting your precious time & money wading through the alt coin forum in search of a miracle?

Is there a better way? Can we break our addictions to alt coins and stop the misery, the shame ... the lost money?

Well, I think there is a better way, and it's called the NXT 'monetary system'.

IN a nutshell a NXT MS currency runs on top of the NXT platform, like HTTP runs on top of TCP/IP. I believe the NXT monetary system is the future of alt coins, and I want to offer some hope to other alt coin bag holders like myself!

All jokes aside, project ORA is going to launch an MS currency, and we're working on a proposal to let people 'burn' dead & dying alt coins in exchange for ORA MS currency coins. The plan is still in development, and the coins we choose for our '12 steps program' has yet to be decided, and the exact procedures we use to accomplish our goal is still being worked on, but our goal is set, and we're inviting ALL interested altcoiners to tell us what they think!

ORA is offering a way forward out of alt coin addiction! Combine some of the many failed altcoins into a MEGA MS currency running on top of NXT.

For more information on the NXT MS:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=896520.0

Please feel free to use this thread to 'share', and to offer any suggestions on how best to execute this idea. The goal is a good one IMO - letting alt coin addicts exchange various coins for a single unified NXT MS coin - but the exact implementation is open to opinion, and we want to hear what people think.

Which coins are most suitable for joining ORA? How can we automate the 'burn' process? What is the best design for the MS coin (there are quite a few parameters to experiment with).

As for sharing, I think my most embarrassing alt coin experience was VisaCoin ... man, what was I thinking!!!

I've been 'clean' for a while now, and I'm ready to 'sponsor' any alt coin addicts who've hit rock bottom, and want to get out! No judgements here!!

Anyone want to share?

NASdaq

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 09:01:02 PM

haha, I'm an altcoin addict too, but am planning to give it up for New Year  Grin

I've been ripped off and scammed countless times, I'm sick of it all. Will invest in SuperNET basically from here on.

ORA MS coin is a good idea but actualy doing the conversion will be difficult. I wish you good luck

Any estimate on when you'll launch?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: