Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:56:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Finally, Bitcoin withdrawals to PayPal from BitInstant!  (Read 11216 times)
Gladamas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 02:00:37 AM

Thank you soooo much for this!  Grin

1GLADMZ5tL4HkS6BAWPfJLeZJCDHAd9Fr3 - LQ6Zx8v7fHVBiDX5Lmhbp6oEDB7dUFjANu
GPG 0xF219D5BB3C467E12 - Litecoin Forum
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 02:05:10 AM

"Virtual World Services GmbH" is going to be rich as fuck pretty soon, if they aren't already. At least until PayPal boots them out.

Let's bet: How long until they are forced to cease operations that are even slightly Bitcoin related? I give them 4 months, tops.
I agree, even though PayPal assumes no risk, they will still bully baby Bitcoin. When Bitcoin grows up, he will remember who the bullies are.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 02:05:40 AM

So the 6% is all inclusive of fees? Just want to be sure, I give a BTC-E USD code
for $100 and I will receive net $96.00 in my PayPal account?

$94.00 in your Paypal account

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 02:10:49 AM

The funds will come from 'Virtual World Services GmbH'.
They have been using Paypal for withdrawals for over 5 years, and they are (as far as our research tells us) the only approved virtual currency account.

last i've checked PP's terms and UA about month ago there were no mention of "virtual currencies" but they do prohibit currency exchange services utilizing their network
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 02:14:27 AM

The best measure of end-to-end fees would be to start with $100 cash and an empty PayPal account, convert the cash to bitcoins, sell the bitcoins, deposit the result in a PayPal account, use a PayPal debit card to withdraw the money from an ATM and see how much cash you end up with at the end. (assume a theoretical ATM that could produce exact change)
SuperTramp
Legendary

Activity: 1073

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 02:23:19 AM

So the 6% is all inclusive of fees? Just want to be sure, I give a BTC-E USD code
for $100 and I will receive net $96.00 in my PayPal account?

$94.00 in your Paypal account

Thanks for the prompt response. nice math fail eh?  Grin

MincoinForum, Home Of The World's Fastest & Rarest Cryptocurrency. https://www.mincoinforum.com
Only 10million Mincoin To Be Created. Find out more at https://www.mincoin.us
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 02:33:22 AM

Why the multiple threads?

People tend to think that by posting on the "Bitcoin Discussion" board will get them more views.

Sorry, I didnt realize I made 2 threads. Feel free to delete the other one.

I can't delete it. Also, it's the other one that is posted on the correct board. Smiley

Well … don't know official policies but for tis long awaited feature it's the right board. Move it else where in a week.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Jan
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 06:57:40 AM

You did it again. Awesome! Is there such a thing as too many good news?

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
SimonL

Activity: 113
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 11:13:54 AM

You guys are on fire with what you are doing for btc, I doubt if I will need this service but I bet there are many who will. The more options the better methinks, I hope you can get some services in Australia sometime too.

I for one second this. Spendbitcoins.com is good but their 10% fee almost kills any incentive to buy Bitcoins in the first place. A 4-6% fee would be far more attractive, and if there were a variety of services competing in AU, I'd be practically throwing money at them to get Bitcoins to buy stuff Smiley .
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 04:17:07 PM

You did it again. Awesome! Is there such a thing as too many good news?

We'll be testing that soon... many exciting things still in the pipeline Wink
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 04:31:56 PM

People tend to think that by posting on the "Bitcoin Discussion" board will get them more views.

I can't delete it. Also, it's the other one that is posted on the correct board. Smiley

Well … don't know official policies but for tis long awaited feature it's the right board. Move it else where in a week.

Long awaited feature that Tangible Cryptography have available for at least 2 months and that Spendbitcoins.com have available for more than 6 months? Is that what you're talking about? Doesn't seem the slightest bit innovative to me.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=90240.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54896.0

Also, this is my personal opinion, take as you wish.
Bitinstant is NOT bitcoin. Their service is NOT a long awaited feature as it clearly existed long before.
Their PR is better? Probably, but maybe that is because they are posting their threads in the wrong place.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 05:05:34 PM

Long awaited feature that Tangible Cryptography have available for at least 2 months and that Spendbitcoins.com have available for more than 6 months? Is that what you're talking about? Doesn't seem the slightest bit innovative to me.

Bitinstant is NOT bitcoin. Their service is NOT a long awaited feature as it clearly existed long before.
Their PR is better? Probably, but maybe that is because they are posting their threads in the wrong place.

I don't use paypal but read of difficulties with bitcoin-paypal all the time here. If this is old news why did nobody put this feature in context? what is better? what is worse?

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
556j

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 05:59:17 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2012, 06:11:46 PM by 556j

I was using bitinstant to fund paypal months ago. For a lower fee as well. You transfer from your exchange to virwox (0.89% fee from bit instant. 1% btc deposit fee from virwox) Then just withdrawl from virwox to paypal (2% fee+ 1 USD) for a total of 4.89% in fees on $100. If you withdrawl more than $100 the fee is less because the dollar is fixed. Why would anyone do it this way for 6%? I guess it could be handy for really small deposits. Maybe there is an amount that will work out to have greater than 6% fee if the withdrawl is small enough. You should add a volume discount. The 6% is just insulting to those who use the same service from the same company for an average of 2% less.
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 06:29:26 PM

I was using bitinstant to fund paypal months ago. For a lower fee as well. You transfer from your exchange to virwox (0.89% fee from bit instant. 1% btc deposit fee from virwox) Then just withdrawl from virwox to paypal (2% fee+ 1 USD) for a total of 4.89% in fees on $100. If you withdrawl more than $100 the fee is less because the dollar is fixed. Why would anyone do it this way for 6%? I guess it could be handy for really small deposits. Maybe there is an amount that will work out to have greater than 6% fee if the withdrawl is small enough. You should add a volume discount. The 6% is just insulting to those who use the same service from the same company for an average of 2% less.

Not sure if you remember this, but our accounts were shut down and over 20k frozen. In order to get this back, we have to pay a middleman. I understand its a premium service, and there are always other options for you to use.

There is no need to hate on us PSY.

We are providing a service to our customers because they trust our A+ reputation and everything we do for Bitcoin.

If you don't like it, you could leave.

'Bitinstant is NOT bitcoin' - Thats just insulting. We've spent thousands of dollars on Bitcoin sponsorships at events around the world, got Bitcoin more press than ever, and saved everyone when TradeHill went down. We're one of the largest Bitcoin companies by volume and are on the front lines of Bitcoin advocacy. We give jobs to over 10+ people who can put food on their tables. We love what we do.

What do you do for Bitcoin?

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 06:42:02 PM

Psy - TBH, I didn't even know there was a way to withdraw to Paypal prior, and I try to know everything in Bitcoinland.

If BitInstant's not the only ones offering it, then fine, though I do believe BitInstant is still offering something unique here, for you can send to Paypal from any of BitInstants source methods (MtGox/Btc-E/Crypto/BitStamp codes, Liberty Reserve, Dwolla, etc), and the other services do not permit this.

In any case, surely its better for more services to offer more options, no? And to calm your antagonism a bit, I promise the next major announcement BitInstant makes has not been replicated by anyone else Wink
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 07:14:31 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2012, 07:29:07 PM by psy

I use them: every day! Good enough for you?

Also, I use Bitcoin to avoid fee suckers, not to have 2 more sucking money out of me, so, your suggestion of not using your service is superfluous.

Before someone else starts talking about "calming my antagonism", read this: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/07/jobs/07pre.html?_r=1
"My antagonism" only exists in your head, ok?
btcash

Activity: 968
Merit: 515

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 07:56:45 PM

I use them: every day! Good enough for you?

Also, I use Bitcoin to avoid fee suckers, not to have 2 more sucking money out of me, so, your suggestion of not using your service is superfluous.

Before someone else starts talking about "calming my antagonism", read this: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/07/jobs/07pre.html?_r=1
"My antagonism" only exists in your head, ok?
So BitInstant should offer exchanges for 0%? BitCoin is not exclusive for uncommercial services.
Exchange serives require a lot work/risk and these people deserve to get paid for their input.
It is something different to spend a few hours daily on Bitcointalk or OTC than working a whole day to keep a service running.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 09:37:25 PM

For BTC->Paypal, spendbitcoins.com is unbeatable.  However, I agree Bitinstant's offering is unique since you can fund it with more than just BTC.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2012, 09:53:23 PM

With the PayPal credit card this is close to the point of being able to keep all of your money in Bitcoins then transfer it to the card when needed.

A good step, but the fees will keep it in the realm of a niche market.

I understand that PayPal fees suck, which is why Bitcoin is necessary. Hopefully the time will come when transfers will be cheap and quick.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 03:38:37 PM

Service works, without a hitch.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: